Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Ok, thanks. I won't be able to play until tomorrow morning anyway :P

EDIT: I suppose that to play PoE decently you have to make build focused on big nukes because many nukes will just make you crash XD
    Quality over quantity?
    Something like that yes - even many nukes isn't the problem really - it is same issue as in diablo, when you have a build that is sending to much packets/second to the server it gets choppy. So if you make 15 attacks/second builds that are also shiny? yea... :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Ah, that's probably a bit much .

Especially as I'm planning to play SSF, this build is probably a little outside of my grasp... But IF I somehow manage to get 2xMjolnir, I reckon I could set up some kind of Arc/Double Strike Mjolnir based fuckery. Especially with the new buffs to Mjolnir, it could be rather fun.
    Nonono, not double strike..!

Molten strike + lesser multiple projectiles + greater multiple projectiles +2 proj head enchant... each projectile can proc those arcs :P
    Then take that accuracy=attack speed ascendacy and the ancestral totem that gives 20% MORE attack speed, and you will attack at over 15 attacks/second with 12 projectiles each attack that can each proc an arc at 40% chance.
    It has the potentional of proccing like 72 arcs/second average.
    Last edited by falagar112; 2017-03-03 at 02:00 PM.
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

Meh, i think i'll return to PoE with 3.0. Not that i don't want to play more, but i'm trying to push some Diablo 2 nostalgia these days and i don't want to play two arpgs at the same time. Also, knowing that the whole normal-cruel-merciless gameplay is going to be removed i kinda don't want to burn myself on PoE before the huge overhaul.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by falagar112 View Post
    Can't really argue with those numbers . Although... I'm guessing the PoE servers can, and frequently DO.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

That's the sign of a great build though! It does very high DPS (disconnects per second)!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahaha can't really argue with that!

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

I might have to revisit an old Dual-Claw build I used to play back in the day. I wonder if Wild Strike with Prolif would be a good one to try out, maybe add in EE since it's 100% conversion to a random element now; splash in the Dual Strike for bosses and Exiles. I haven't "really" played in a while, so this'll be a learning experience again, but the Legacy League sounds too good to pass up.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, I've played this game a while ago, made it to lvl 40, then stopped again.
    Now with all the new patch/league hype, etc. + my other favorite arpg has become meh, I'm looking to try out this one again.

Completely overwhelmed though, I've read through all the "new player" guides, etc. but those are all outdated or 30+ minute-long videos.

Are there any simple "getting started" guides, stuff like "easy/starter" builds, explanations on what items I actually pick up (I've read something about loot filters?)?

Thanks!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    There are LOTS of builds on official forums that are easy to follow, I'd advise to take a look at a few different ones, many have things like easy/cheap/budget/beginner/etc in title and are usually perfect to start. If you feel overwhelmed an easy way to start is to find one that seem fun to play, and just follow it. Each class forum has a thread dedicated to listing builds (example), great place to start to look for an interesting build. (reading a few replies should be enough to tell if a build is good or not)

After some time you'll get used to gameplay/build style and probably start to move away from the exact build you started.
    Thanks, will check out the official forums then!

Quote Originally Posted by falagar112 View Post

Molten strike + lesser multiple projectiles + greater multiple projectiles +2 proj head enchant... each projectile can proc those arcs :P
    Then take that accuracy=attack speed ascendacy and the ancestral totem that gives 20% MORE attack speed, and you will attack at over 15 attacks/second with 12 projectiles each attack that can each proc an arc at 40% chance.
    Before you get too excited about this, there is a built in cooldown on mjolner proccing spells (.25 sec) so the most you can get is 4 casts/sec. I also believe this applies to both weapons so dual wielding actually gives you absolutely nothing, but I forget if that's true or not for certain.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2017-03-04 at 07:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Before you get too excited about this, there is a built in cooldown on mjolner proccing spells (.25 sec) so the most you can get is 4 casts/sec. I also believe this applies to both weapons so dual wielding actually gives you absolutely nothing, but I forget if that's true or not for certain.
    Hmm... So IF that is true, would 1xMjol and a shield, or different weapon offhand be better, or at worst exactly the same for proc rate?

Leaguestones are brilliant. The mechanic is pure genius.

Incredible, GGG.

In full agreement.

This is an absolute blast.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    There are LOTS of builds on official forums that are easy to follow, I'd advise to take a look at a few different ones, many have things like easy/cheap/budget/beginner/etc in title and are usually perfect to start. If you feel overwhelmed an easy way to start is to find one that seem fun to play, and just follow it. Each class forum has a thread dedicated to listing builds (example), great place to start to look for an interesting build. (reading a few replies should be enough to tell if a build is good or not)

After some time you'll get used to gameplay/build style and probably start to move away from the exact build you started.
    Another noob question, sorry - as I understood it, every class can use every skill-gem, but still there are several guides for specific classes only.
    What is the difference between the classes in this game? Just the "passive" skill trees?
    Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

Incredible, GGG.
    Indeed, what I didn't realise was how freaking many you'd get! I mean I've only just hit level 10 and I've already got like 6 of the fekkers. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Piene View Post
    Another noob question, sorry - as I understood it, every class can use every skill-gem, but still there are several guides for specific classes only.
    What is the difference between the classes in this game? Just the "passive" skill trees?
    Thanks!
    The only difference between classes is where they start on the Passive tree, the trees are all the same.

The guides are class specific, because although anyone can use any gem, gems DO require certain stats, and it's far easier for certain classes to use certain gems, because they have easier access to those stats.

For instance, most Marauder builds use Strength gems, because the section the Marauder starts in has easy access to a load of Str nodes. The Witch area is full on Int nodes, so most of their builds are focused on Int skills.

This doesn't mean you CAN'T make an Int heavy Mara, or a Str Witch, it just means it'll be a bit more difficult.
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2017-03-04 at 10:07 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah that makes sense, thanks!

Incredible, GGG.
    I foresee them replacing the old Zana league mods permanently with this, probably with a slightly lower drop rate though.

The only difference between classes is where they start on the Passive tree, the trees are all the same.

The guides are class specific, because although anyone can use any gem, gems DO require certain stats, and it's far easier for certain classes to use certain gems, because they have easier access to those stats.
    Since Ascendancy classes were introduced a year ago, Class choice is more significant than before.. While it is true that any class can use any gems or equipment, specific builds might rely on certain Ascendancy passives that only one class can get.

I haven't played much of this league yet, but yeah, I'm already seeing the Leaguestone mechanic as quite interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    Since Ascendancy classes were introduced a year ago, Class choice is more significant than before.. While it is true that any class can use any gems or equipment, specific builds might rely on certain Ascendancy passives that only one class can get.
    That is an excellent point. Ascendency Passives are the closest thing we have to real "Classes" in this game.

EDIT: Heh, quickest point refund in history... Specced CI. Took one step outside the forest camp and got murdered twice. I don't think I've QUITE for the ES yet to make CI work. Going to level up a bit, put points into it later.
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2017-03-05 at 05:27 PM.

Hmm... So IF that is true, would 1xMjol and a shield, or different weapon offhand be better, or at worst exactly the same for proc rate?
    Most people do mjol/shield, especially now that it's 100% proc chance you can just shield charge everything and as long as your spell one shots the pack you don't have to stop moving ever. On bosses you can use a setup like molten strike/life gain on hit/fortify/multistrike for face tanking. Some shields pair really well, like saffel's that makes you take less damage from reflect and all elemental damage in general.

Incredible, GGG.
    Completely agree. I can finally trash those fucking breaches i hate XD

I can also get a grip of past leagues i didn't play. I really hope this becomes a core mechanic so people can just mix and match their challenges.

EDIT: i want to thank people who helped me again. The frozen shotgun build is coming out really well, and i definitely see the difference between the previous char and the current one. I need to get my hands on an AB gem andf then i can start doing serious setups.

Side note: is it only me or playing in SSF drops lots of linked gear? I'm getting 2-3-4 links all the time and i'm still playing normal act3. Did they mention a change on this i didn't notice?
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2017-03-06 at 08:21 AM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.