15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    That's good to know. Sadly I won't even be able to participate in the launch content because my only job is still level 54 and I haven't even unlocked HW content yet so I won't be able to capitalize on launch profits
    You'll still be able to make decent, steady money with it however. Depending on which server you're on, might be able to make enough to get a house.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    There is going to be. But how can you move if the houses in Shirogane can't be bought at launch? You can go to the ward and look around but they are holding off on allowing people to buy the houses till things settle down. So basically don't expect any older wards to be freed up unless a lucky auto demo happens or until Shirogane opens up purchasing.
    Guess i'll have to see then.
    I really want a plot in Shirogane, but i don't like to demolish my current house, put all the furniture somewhere (inventory issues yay) and then rebuy a plot in shirogane.
    I will if i have to, but troublesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Mynax View Post
    I really want a plot in Shirogane, but i don't like to demolish my current house, put all the furniture somewhere (inventory issues yay) and then rebuy a plot in shirogane.
    I'm not taking the risk personally. I have a house in Goblet and I'm happy with it. But best of luck mate. Know a lot of people will be gunning for one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    You'll still be able to make decent, steady money with it however. Depending on which server you're on, might be able to make enough to get a house.
    Oh well that's good then. I'm on Aether - Adamantoise which I'm pretty sure is a medium population world so I feel like the market would be pretty decent. Do you think I should hold off on buying a plot till we know what the new area will be like in terms of availability? Or do you think all of the plots will be bought up really quickly?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Oh well that's good then. I'm on Aether - Adamantoise which I'm pretty sure is a medium population world so I feel like the market would be pretty decent. Do you think I should hold off on buying a plot till we know what the new area will be like in terms of availability? Or do you think all of the plots will be bought up really quickly?
    Hmm, you'd have to ask someone on Adamantoise. Or look at the housing areas and see if there are any open spots still. If there are still available plots, you might be able to hold off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mynax View Post
    If you own a house you can move to a new plot of the same size and it will just move the house with all the furniture. I don't know if you have to pay for the plot and you then get the gil you spent on your old house back from the housing npc or if you can just move free of charge. I think the first alternative is more likely since houses have different price tiers within the sizes. You will apparently be able to do this by just going to an empty plot and choose the move option that gets added in the expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    If you own a house you can move to a new plot of the same size and it will just move the house with all the furniture. I don't know if you have to pay for the plot and you then get the gil you spent on your old house back from the housing npc or if you can just move free of charge. I think the first alternative is more likely since houses have different price tiers within the sizes. You will apparently be able to do this by just going to an empty plot and choose the move option that gets added in the expansion.
    Aha.
    Reason i am asking is because we've not really heard anything about the feature, only heard about it being a thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    It's no secret that I don't enjoy the FFXIV story line. FEDEX quests in ARR annoyed me so much. Being forced to do them to access HW was (and still is) a stupid decision in my mind.

And exactly, it's a 5 minutes fight that I have done countless of times on different difficulties... just stop making me do it again ffs

I do enjoy the main story in HW way more than ARR even tho I'm still annoyed by certain aspects of it.

I just hope Stormblood won't make me do Ifrit for whatever reason
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    I wasn't fond of having to do Titan again myself, and I hope they won't derp off and make other old trials required for the MSQ in Stormblood either.
    Just to be sure: you guys know that you don't actually have to "do" him right?

You go in there as lvl 60, beat him in less than a minute, and go out. It's basically another mob

I thought that the Titan fight was handled pretty well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post

You go in there as lvl 60, beat him in less than a minute, and go out. It's basically another mob
    Was pretty crazy how many people never considered this. Hell it was quicker than most of the fetch quest nonsense we normally have to do.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

I did do it unsynced. Doesn't matter, I still fucking hate that fight cos one-shot bullshit from which you can't recover plus 800ms of latency equals a very not fun experience.

I do ! Thanks. I was just sharing my opinion. I expressed myself way too agressively, I'll admit that.

Sorry to everyone I might have upset.

5 days to go... still can't decide between AST, SMN or RDM rip

Homophobia is so gay.

I wasn't fond of having to do Titan again myself, and I hope they won't derp off and make other old trials required for the MSQ in Stormblood either.
    I think Titan depends a lot on A: if you really enjoy the story and B: if you watched what titan was saying in the chat because it wasnt his usual "rrr i am titan and here is a generic comment about how i will crush you in the earth!" stuff and really paints the primals in a different light, which was already being set up with Ysale in Dreams of Ice but the Kobold Child really cements what it is thats going on and thats later touched on in the beast tribe finale when talking to Tiamat if memory serves.

The fights still a piece of cake if your latencys fine but to have a version of the fight you can only do once and you never experience that slightly different fight again was still neat from the story perspective.

I guess in retrospect i probably liked it because i like Yoko Taro games and the different Titan thats summoned was very reminiscent of hearing what Shades are actually saying in the NG+ of nier in a way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uuh.. so bored while waiting for Friday, at least there's that E3 Live Letter soon'ish.

FINAL FANTASY XIV Storms into E3 2017

Letter from the Producer LIVE at E3 2017

We’ll be hosting the E3 edition of the Letter from the Producer LIVE where Yoshi-P will use the opportunity to answer questions from the official forum!

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 at 4:30 p.m. (PDT)

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did do it unsynced. Doesn't matter, I still fucking hate that fight cos one-shot bullshit from which you can't recover plus 800ms of latency equals a very not fun experience.
    I gotta ask why you have 800ms, I'm playing on US servers from Europe and even after the servers move I'm under 300ms.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    I gotta ask why you have 800ms, I'm playing on US servers from Europe and even after the servers move I'm under 300ms.
    yeah. 800ms sounds liek your own fault for not troubleshooting. no reason for that to be a thing

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    yeah. 800ms sounds liek your own fault for not troubleshooting. no reason for that to be a thing
    It's called a satellite modem. It's the only broadband option I have. You got $20k laying around you don't want? Then buy me landline broadband and there won't be a reason for it to be a thing.

That's why I hate Titan and all other similar mechanics. It's why I don't bother doing raid content. It's a handicap I CANNOT overcome.

It's called a satellite modem. It's the only broadband option I have. You got $20k laying around you don't want? Then buy me landline broadband and there won't be a reason for it to be a thing.

That's why I hate Titan and all other similar mechanics. It's why I don't bother doing raid content. It's a handicap I CANNOT overcome.
    Didn't even think satellite internet was still a thing. Also Square aren't gonna balance their main story over a few guys using an outdated form of internet for gaming. Just not the way it works.

But out of curiosity where in the world can satellite internet be the only option?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Didn't even think satellite internet was still a thing. Also Square aren't gonna balance their main story over a few guys using an outdated form of internet for gaming. Just not the way it works.

But out of curiosity where in the world can satellite internet be the only option?
    Lots of rural areas in America where there's not enough people for the telcoms to bother upgrading their networks for broadband. I'm just a few miles out of the service area. Cell modem won't work either cos there's no LOS to a tower, which means pingtime will be the same and for much shittier service. I have a 15G a month data cap for about $90/month. The only way I can reasonably watch streaming services is late at night when I have unrestricted caps, it's also the only time I can do any large downloads and not risk screwing my limit.

Also, there's no expectation on my end for them to balance the game around my high-ping connection. But it's the reason I don't do certain things in the game, and why I hate having to do certain things in the game, because it makes them very not fun for me. Hence: Fuck Titan and his one-shot bullshit.