10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAssBoy View Post
    will it be worth it to spend the extra $30 on the expansion pass?
    Well if you plan on playing the expansions too they why not, it's usually cheaper to ger the pass then buying them later

Quote Originally Posted by BigAssBoy View Post
    will it be worth it to spend the extra $30 on the expansion pass?
    I'd personally say definitely, but it depends if you want to wait and see how the game is first. The expansions all become mandatory as they come out.

Also, they have an official bungie post about the release dates/beta dates: https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45950
    Destiny 2 BETA
    July 18: PlayStation 4 Pre-Order BETA
    July 19: Xbox One Pre-Order BETA
    July 21: Open BETA for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
    July 23: Console BETA End-date
    Late August: PC BETA

Destiny 2 LAUNCH
    September 6: PS4 and Xbox One
    October 24: PC
    It's also up on the Blizzard Launcher for purchase on PC now too.

Why in the hell did they change the launch date out of the blue? They announced at the gameplay reveal less than a month ago that it was September 8th! Not complaining because it means we get it two days earlier, but are developers getting to be this fucking stupid that they can't announce a proper release date?

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Why in the hell did they change the launch date out of the blue? They announced at the gameplay reveal less than a month ago that it was September 8th! Not complaining because it means we get it two days earlier, but are developers getting to be this fucking stupid that they can't announce a proper release date?
    That must be wrong since the 6th is a Wednesday.

Sucks about the huge PC delay - will still play it, though. Hopefully there's a good playerbase for it. I have a PS4 Pro, but can't stand playing multiplayer shooters on a console.

Deleted
    59,99€ for standard, 89,99€ for standard plus expansions, 99,99€ for the above plus digital goodies. Typical pricing would've been like, 40€ standard, 60€ digital deluxe. Guess Activision felt like fleecing people a bit. So... Does it come with a subscription model on top of that, or are there some game-enhancing micros you have to buy?

Destiny 2 US Version = 60u$s
    Destiny 2 EU Version = 60€
    Price in Argentina = 1800 argentine pesos (112u$s/100€)

welp, fuck them. Wont be paying almost 100% more for this game

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Destiny 2 coming to PC on October 24th. Over a month delay, fucking bullshit. Those raids BETTER NOT open before PC launch.

https://twitter.com/Blizzard_Ent/sta...55946499510276
    While I think the delay is bullshit, Delaying any content on any platform because it isn't out on the other platform is more bullshit.

Ether buy it on PS4/XB1 or wait, But delaying raids for the PC release is a really stupid idea.

With that said the delayed PC release is BS and the exclusive content is bullshit. I say that as a person who own's a PS4 (Pro) and if I got Destiny 2 it would be on PS4.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    While I think the delay is bullshit, Delaying any content on any platform because it isn't out on the other platform is more bullshit.

Ether buy it on PS4/XB1 or wait, But delaying raids for the PC release is a really stupid idea.

With that said the delayed PC release is BS and the exclusive content is bullshit. I say that as a person who own's a PS4 (Pro) and if I got Destiny 2 it would be on PS4.
    Sadly, I may have to shift from Xbox to Playstation for Destiny 2. It sucks, because I will likely be losing my gaming crew and will need a new team to tackle content with. But i'm tired of getting shit end of the stick with Xbox.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Right now I'll be getting it for PS4 unless my friends and I change our minds then it'll most likely be XB1 as a second option.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Sadly, I may have to shift from Xbox to Playstation for Destiny 2. It sucks, because I will likely be losing my gaming crew and will need a new team to tackle content with. But i'm tired of getting shit end of the stick with Xbox.
    Ya really suck's they are doing the exclusive timed shit again.

I don't care what platform people play on, Exclusive timed stuff is bullshit. Ether make things 100% exclusive or not at all...

(100% exclusive as in even the IP isn't on other platforms)

DLC is shitty in most cases, exclusive timed DLC is the worse...
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considering Playstation is currently outselling 3:1 in Europe and 2:1 in Americas, it would make sense to take up Playstation anyway if nothing more than just to have a larger community.

Well I already expected exclusive content so not really pissed at it since I figured I will continue to play on PS4.

At launch I will still be on PS4. I would like to shift to Windows while bulk of those I play with and their friends are sticking with PS4.

Destiny sure does look great on Windows though.

I mean, that's the whole point of the delay. If PC and console released at the same time they will lose a TON of sales from people who will buy the PC version and not the console. By delaying PC many of those people will buy both PC and Console.

A scumbag move that shows how inferior consoles are when you give people a choice.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I mean, that's the whole point of the delay. If PC and console released at the same time they will lose a TON of sales from people who will buy the PC version and not the console. By delaying PC many of those people will buy both PC and Console.

A scumbag move that shows how inferior consoles are when you give people a choice.
    People will buy the game on whatever console they want, sure some people will buy the console version at launch then double dip for the PC version but they are in the minority. Even if they released at the same time I would still get the PS4 version since that's what I'm used too though the exclusives are a nice bonus. Fun fact not everyone can afford a gaming PC and will play on Consoles regardless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    People will buy the game on whatever console they want, sure some people will buy the console version at launch then double dip for the PC version but they are in the minority. Even if they released at the same time I would still get the PS4 version since that's what I'm used too though the exclusives are a nice bonus. Fun fact not everyone can afford a gaming PC and will play on Consoles regardless.
    Additionally, there seems to be an assumption that all or most gamers own a console, and a gaming PC. This is simply not true. Maybe the hardcore crowd could own both, but considering that there are those who aren't even old enough to have a job, and many in that range, the majority won't have both due to the cost.

Very few people I played Destiny with, was also a hardcore PC gamer. Those were people in their 30's or maybe 20's if they are very invested in gaming.

In summary, the hardcore PC gamers are still not the majority of gamers. Not when you consider gamers from the age of 10 (or younger) through the eldest gamer.

Deleted
    In summary, the hardcore PC gamers are still not the majority of gamers. Not when you consider gamers from the age of 10 (or younger) through the eldest gamer.
    Well... Yeah. This is a big statement to throw out without any sort of statistics. Take into consideration that almost every single MMO in the world is on the PC, most of them exclusively, and that the PC has quite a few more genres of games than consoles do. Yes, there are a few franchises that do very well on consoles, but...still, I'd love for you to come up with at least some concrete facts and data to support such a claim, because if not, we'll just go with the default setting, which is that gaming is still king on the PC. Unless I completely misunderstood what you were driving at, and you were talking about some subset of PC gamers, and not the entirety of them (us).

That said, it's true that a lot of people won't have a top of the line PC and a top of the line console...but quite a few people can have an older console and a PC, or a console and a laptop, and so on.

Still, shouldn't really matter what people play on, as long as they're having fun. This looks like a fun game, and if people are happy playing an FPS on a console, more power to them. I was thinking of getting into this one a bit, simply because it is an FPS, but I'm definitely sticking on the PC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Well... Yeah. This is a big statement to throw out without any sort of statistics.
    You honestly don't need statistics when you think about $$$.

Mom and Dad have choices to make. Buy their kids a PS, XB, Tendo, or PC. Spoiled kids might get all of the above, but most will have to pick 1.

Until you are of the age where you can buy your very own $500 machine, you are at the whim of your parents budget. That is a vast amount of gamers that will likely not be playing on PC. Not in the way that hardcore gamers believe PC games should be played.

I remember my little brother playing WoW on his computer that was bought for School. He also owned a PS3 (He was spoiled as he was technically an only child at the time *long story*) Even though my father is well off, he wouldn't upgrade my brother's PC. He told him, "you have a computer, and you have a PS3. You are fine". My dad was also a gamer, he is the one who introduced me to gaming at 3 years old. He was also a D&D player when he was young. So he is all about games. But he wasn't going to keep investing into my brothers games.

Deleted
    You honestly don't need statistics when you think about $$$.
    Uhh, right. Nothing to discuss here.