apparently each dungeon has a pet of the final boss or something related, just won a dress up yugiri from kaugane castle but ive seen the courelfist guy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    apparently each dungeon has a pet of the final boss or something related, just won a dress up yugiri from kaugane castle but ive seen the courelfist guy as well.
    Yup. I have the Road Sparrow from the dungeon in Azim Steppes and the Magitek Avenger F1 from Castrum Abania. Saw the dress up Yugiri drop, but rolled a whopping 6 on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravex View Post
    Posted at 2017-06-17, 08:15 PM

Power grind to 70 one day after early access.

Says he's bored.

Weird man.
    you know, the pleasure I would have playing the game in one day or scaterred along a week would have been the same.

Point is there isn't much to do once you hit 70 and it has always been like that in every expac.

In ARR you were farming amdapor and castrum meridium (something like that) then the 3 primal and you had to wait for coil.

In HW you were farming the expert roulette + those horrids hunts and 2 primal until the raid opened.

I have more fun levelling fast than I do levelling slow. Levelling in one day or in 2 weeks has no impact on the current end game.

Homophobia is so gay.

The questing in Stormblood is horrible and I am putting most of the blame on the bland and boring new zones. Not very pretty or interesting, to me anyways.
    Kugane is amazing, but everything else I've seen so far has been mediocre as hell(the first 2 zones and Ruby Sea).

Anyone else feel this way? I absolutely loved the questing in ARR and so so in Heavensward, but can't stand it in Stormblood.
    From what I've heard the dungeons are very good in Stormblood, so looking forward to that.

Anyways I am making an effort to level, mostly via frontlines.
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2017-06-26 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshomaru View Post
    Au contraire, from what I've heard, they are supposedly more powerful now, as well as having gained an actual AoE spell other than Flash (although the new one does not generate Enmity). Still a bit weaker than DRKs and WARs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Well you have some good options on getting to 60 at least. 50-60 you can grind the Palace of the Dead for great exp or even mix in some PvP. Once you hit 60 you can buy some vendor 255s or use poetics for some gear. As far as damage goes during questing I didn't feel that the damage from Sword Oath and melee combos was too terrible. Goring Blade at 54 is pretty good damage for a slightly longer fight and at 60 you get a solid potency hit if you don't want to use Goring.
    Awesome that does help, thanks. Probably going to try to get back into in next week then!

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I have to say, after doing the 70 dungeon and the final Story boss, I am certain that whomever designed the Lv 70 WHM spell definitely does not play a healer, and most certainly does not play WHM in FF-XIV.

Such a useless crap with 30s stacks @20% proc from rarely used single target spells. Dear lord, even the stacks on my TANK in the dungeon mostly ran out b/c there was no need for any instant emergency heal and the 20% just takes way too friggin long to happen.

I cannot comprehend how obviously broken stuff like this makes it past early alpha. What is in the heads of game DEVs to think this ability is useful (not even arguing for FUN).
    Swap you for the 70 SCH skill? Ours was designed exclusively so the Job Gauge would match up nicely with SMN one. It also breaks the second the tank moves or AoE happens. The fairy also dies as soon as boss melee attacks happen, not to mention that in any scenario the gauge is still drained too, despite the fact that no healing is coming out. It rounds out the gonad kicking the SCH got nicely this expansion.

I'll even throw in disipation, free of charge if you take Aetherpact off my hands!

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    The questing in Stormblood is horrible and I am putting most of the blame on the bland and boring new zones. Not very pretty or interesting, to me anyways.
    Kugane is amazing, but everything else I've seen so far has been mediocre as hell(the first 2 zones and Ruby Sea).

Anyone else feel this way? I absolutely loved the questing in ARR and so so in Heavensward, but can't stand it in Stormblood.
    From what I've heard the dungeons are very good in Stormblood, so looking forward to that.

I could see it, but most are real similar to areas from FFXI so i'm having a big nostalgia trip with this one.

- - - Updated - - -

Exhausted all my leves and farmed the materials for a stack of the first BSM ingot/material and i've gone from 60-69 in about 5 hours played. Thats insane compared to HW and like 3 levels post 20 in ARR

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    you know, the pleasure I would have playing the game in one day or scaterred along a week would have been the same.

Point is there isn't much to do once you hit 70 and it has always been like that in every expac.

In ARR you were farming amdapor and castrum meridium (something like that) then the 3 primal and you had to wait for coil.

In HW you were farming the expert roulette + those horrids hunts and 2 primal until the raid opened.

I have more fun levelling fast than I do levelling slow. Levelling in one day or in 2 weeks has no impact on the current end game.
    I completely agree that anyone should be able to play how they want to.

However if you decide to hit the game while injecting Ritalin directly into your eyes you don't really get to say there's not much to do.

The vast majority of people don't have a 70, and the vast majority of people that do have a 70 aren't done with their tomes yet.

Play however you want, and have fun doing it! Just don't expect the game to be built around your minority of gaming habits.

Also I'm only replying because I saw your original post before, rolled my eyes and thought to myself this guys going to be back saying something about lack of things to do, and here we are.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I could see it, but most are real similar to areas from FFXI so i'm having a big nostalgia trip with this one.

- - - Updated - - -

Exhausted all my leves and farmed the materials for a stack of the first BSM ingot/material and i've gone from 60-69 in about 5 hours played. Thats insane compared to HW and like 3 levels post 20 in ARR
    All it took was seeing the turtle people to give me nightmare flashbacks of attacking the ones with the wrong weapon and getting my ass handed to me from FFXI. I was sold right there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I like the idea of Flash in the game, a flash of holy light that temporarily blinds enemies and infuriates them, drawing their ire so they attack you. The problem for me is the visual and audio effect are so unsatisfying, coupled with no damage just makes it feel so...uncool. Changing the visual and sound effect to something more visceral, or at least more fun to see, would be cool. I'd take a page out of the WoW Paladin book and make Shield Throw an AoE type ability like Avenger's Shield that allows your shield to ricochet off multiple targets. Base version doesn't cost anything, but maybe you could supercharge it with your Oath Meter or something to make it ricochet. And/or, make it so your shield explodes with holy light/ power when it gets thrown acting like an AoE ranged pull, similar to how Dark Knights Abyssal Drain works.

Either of those would be more visually and audibly satisfying than a wimpy hand wave with a tiny firecracker pop.

Another option would be to just make Circle of Scorn actually worth a damn both threat and damage wise and remove Flash altogether...just lower CoS cooldown a little bit, or make it so impactful that the current cooldown is sufficient.

All of this coupled with the new role ability, Ultimatum, makes AoE threat something you shouldn't need to work THAT hard for. Playing should just be fun...and Flash is decidedly NOT fun.
    Yea, I remember loving the animation from FFXI for flash, rolling a paladin in FFXIV unlocking flash and being like, really? Also them not continuing the whole "threat by healing" kind of killed it for me too.
    Last edited by Ravex; 2017-06-26 at 11:59 PM.

I completely agree that anyone should be able to play how they want to.

However if you decide to hit the game while injecting Ritalin directly into your eyes you don't really get to say there's nothing to do.

The vast majority of people don't have a 70, and the vast majority of people that do have a 70 aren't done with their tomes yet.

Play however you want, and have fun doing it! Just don't expect the game to be built around your minority of gaming habits.
    He didn't say there's nothing to do, just there's not much to do, and from the perspective of someone who only cares about one job at 70 and geared to raid, yeah, he's right. If you don't want alt jobs, or do PvP, or try and collect things besides better gear, there's not a lot of point to the rest of the game.

But I do agree that's the minority of the game's demographics, so I doubt it'll change anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post

Don't really know what's changed, insert random desert, jungle, mountain zone is pretty much what this game has done over and over again. It's no better or no worse imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    He didn't say there's nothing to do, just there's not much to do, and from the perspective of someone who only cares about one job at 70 and geared to raid, yeah, he's right. If you don't want alt jobs, or do PvP, or try and collect things besides better gear, there's not a lot of point to the rest of the game.

But I do agree that's the minority of the game's demographics, so I doubt it'll change anytime soon.
    Changed my post to reflect what I said about nothing to do. You're right about that.

But.

Essentially there's not much to do... if you don't do the other things that there are to do?

I'm going to have a hard time sympathizing with that.
    Last edited by Ravex; 2017-06-27 at 12:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd just like to have my usual beast-tribe dailies, would somewhat create "daily work-list". But sadly I'll need to wait until Patch 4.1 for that.

Changed my post to reflect what I said about nothing to do. You're right about that.

But.

Essentially there's not much to do... if you don't do the other things that there are to do?

I'm going to have a hard time sympathizing with that.
    I can sympathize, but I don't see it changing. No MMO releases but so much content so quickly, and if all you care about is whatever new raid tier is out, you're not going to remain subbed for very long at a time, if all you want is what's for your one class. Nobody designs their game around such a narrow demographic anymore, they want to keep as many people in as possible, instead of only keeping a handful for as long as possible(and they do that anyway in the completionist sorts of players).

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    I'd just like to have my usual beast-tribe dailies, would somewhat create "daily work-list". But sadly I'll need to wait until Patch 4.1 for that.
    Yeah, I really want them too, especially new crafting dailies, cos fuck that grinding leves shit to level them. But I'm still doing the old ones from HW for other jobs, and all the daily Hunts too, cos I don't really feel like grinding POTD for XP on most of my jobs. I'll prolly do it for the Healers and for MCH. As an aside, Sustaining Potions are hax. It's basically 'lol I can't die' the item.

I think you mis interpreted my comment.

I was not bashing the game or asking for SE to change their philosophy. I was just saying how I feel at the moment.

I knew and know quite well that I would get bored eventually because that's the way FFXIV works. But it is okay because I am not forced to play it everyday or for a lot of hours if I don't need too. That's why I decided to level fast in HW and SB because I knew what was going to happen when I reached level 70. This way I can be ready when they release content I enjoy and in the meantime I can continue playing other games.

Homophobia is so gay.

If you have any interest in SAM, you can do the HW beast tribes on that...it's decidedly less efficient than PotD for leveling, but it IS an option.

Also as @Ravex said, I have little or no sympathy when people say there's nothing to do and then go on to say they don't/ won't do a rather large portion of what there is available to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    If you have any interest in SAM, you can do the HW beast tribes on that...it's decidedly less efficient than PotD for leveling, but it IS an option.
    Eh, SAM is on the list - currently leveling up PLD, 66, but I just like to work my way up in reputation.

Eh, SAM is on the list - currently leveling up PLD, 66, but I just like to work my way up in reputation.
    The Vanu and Vath dailies still give XP past 60, in total about 600k for all 6 dailies. And the mobs still scale to your level, interestingly enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    The Vanu and Vath dailies still give XP past 60, in total about 600k for all 6 dailies.
    Yeah, I have no desire to spam Palace of the Dead, so I'll probably look at those once I start leveling up DPS jobs.

Just that I've all beast tribes reputations capped, so I don't get new quests from them. So far for Stormblood we have Kojin and Ananta, wonder if we'll have more tribes available later on to learn more about them.

Spoiler: 

Yeah, I have no desire to spam Palace of the Dead, so I'll probably look at those once I start leveling up DPS jobs.

Just that I've all beast tribes reputations capped, so I don't get new quests from them. So far for Stormblood we have Kojin and Ananta, wonder if we'll have more tribes available later on to learn more about them.
    I'm like you, got them all capped and want to see more stories for the new ones, the Ananta in particular. I dunno that they'd add any new beast tribe for crafting, I suspect it'll be stuff for that circle of crafters mentioned in the MSQ as making the Aetherytes.

Also, do your Veteran Clan Hunts. Each one is worth between 100-150k, so that's easy XP to stack on top of it. I double down with the old Clan Hunts too, cos they're easy and that's another 30-50k per, especially since I'll be out doing the dailies anyways.

Just had a RDM in a 70 dungeon who wasn't using Melee combo. Told him it packs quite a wallop and that his best spell is locked behind it. Still doesn't combo at all throughout it.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-06-27 at 02:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Just had a RDM in a 70 dungeon who wasn't using Melee combo. Told him it packs quite a wallop and that his best spell is locked behind it. Still doesn't combo at all throughout it.
    Are you paying his sub?