Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    We got it!
    grats! just got it down myself.

So the real question is how is anyone even able to play this game right now?

Last night while trying to raid I had 500ms. normally my shit ping is only like 200 which is aids, but it was really bad last night. I was freezing, then game was on fast forward catching up. I was clearly doing mechanics, but then it said I was on the other side of the room, etc. Combo's not registering despite the animations going off, etc.

I called the NTT (SQEX's server partner) NOC and they basically said its congestion on SQEX's end that's making everything shit. Not sure I buy it, but last night was by far the worst, and the tracert shows that it was definitely the CE (customer equipment) node causing problems.

Before anyone says it's on my end, internet itself is fine and all other games play with no issues even ones with servers in Cali.

Wow, that's insane. O_o

I've not had any issue at all, before or after Stormblood, but I haven't been on this week. FC night tonight, so I'll report back if we experience similar issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Wow, that's insane. O_o

I've not had any issue at all, before or after Stormblood, but I haven't been on this week. FC night tonight, so I'll report back if we experience similar issues.
    FWIW, I also never had the dreaded level 3 issue when the servers were in canada. I had a clean cool 40ms or so. I know FIOS customers did, and it was because of some shit relationship between verizon and level 3 that affected any users going through it.

I don't recall having this issue until maybe like 2 weeks ago? It's gotten progressively worse each day and has been basically unplayable this week onward. My brother already basically quit because of it, and I'm soon too follow if it doesn't get fixed.

SQEX says not our issue call your ISP, ISP says def not our issue, but we'll send a tech to check everything out (tech comes out, everything's fine, definitely on SQEX's end). I call NTT they're network partner, and they say def on SQEX's part.

Awesome. let me know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post

Last night while trying to raid I had 500ms.
    Been playing with 800ms+ for years. Now you begin to have a sense of what it's like for me. Remember that when people try to shout down Net Neutrality and other laws that would require telcomms to get decent fucking Internet out to regions like mine that are deemed 'economically unfeasible'.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Been playing with 800ms+ for years. Now you begin to have a sense of what it's like for me. Remember that when people try to shout down Net Neutrality and other laws that would require telcomms to get decent fucking Internet out to regions like mine that are deemed 'economically unfeasible'.
    I would literally rather have my teeth pulled raw, then play any game with 800ms. I'd rather go back to school for gender studies than deal with that garbage. I don't know how you do it. it wasn't fun for me in any capacity.

Congrats!

/10char
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    grats! just got it down myself.
    Thanks and congrats as well!

I have had to resort to using a VPN for a pretty long time with this game. It doesn't seem to be the game itself as much as Level 3 and/or Comcast. It's not even the lag that gets to me. It's the spikes and packet loss, which I'm usually able to avoid entirely. It's silly that I have to do this to play online games.

Well, I finally stopped dithering about and left Balmung. Now I'm on Cerberus! Does anyone here play there?

Last night while trying to raid I had 500ms. normally my shit ping is only like 200 which is aids, but it was really bad last night. I was freezing, then game was on fast forward catching up. I was clearly doing mechanics, but then it said I was on the other side of the room, etc. Combo's not registering despite the animations going off, etc.

I called the NTT (SQEX's server partner) NOC and they basically said its congestion on SQEX's end that's making everything shit. Not sure I buy it, but last night was by far the worst, and the tracert shows that it was definitely the CE (customer equipment) node causing problems.

Before anyone says it's on my end, internet itself is fine and all other games play with no issues even ones with servers in Cali.
    Game has been running 100% fine for me. Haven't checked/tested ping response lately, but I also haven't encountered any sort of lag spikes/issues that would prompt me to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

o.o

When I played WoW on dialup during it's early days, my ping was in the 600s...

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    When I played WoW on dialup during it's early days, my ping was in the 600s...
    Welcome to rural America, where your choices are wireless/satellite or dialup. Expensive, highly data-limited broadband with high ping, or...the flint knife of the Internet. Brought to you by the Big Data Oligopoly and their lackeys the politicians, bought and sold like any other commodity.

Well, that was a productive two hours - I teamed up with a couple of other players to get the last mounts I needed from the 2.0 Primals. So I've now got a Kirin!

Now to see if I can snag the last 3.0 Primal mounts I need for the Phoenix...

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    Thanks and congrats as well!

I have had to resort to using a VPN for a pretty long time with this game. It doesn't seem to be the game itself as much as Level 3 and/or Comcast. It's not even the lag that gets to me. It's the spikes and packet loss, which I'm usually able to avoid entirely. It's silly that I have to do this to play online games.
    It was actually decent for me last night. I wonder if all my calls rattled someone into fixing the issue

I had 90ms at 7:50 before raid. At about 8:30, I was up to 220ms (what I call my standard primetime shitping), but no packet loss. Then by maybe 9pm it was back down to 90ms.

All my comcast nodes are ok, it's just the ntt network and squares servers that show bad stuff. Back when they were in Canada, never had any issues with L3 surprisingly, it seemed isolated to FIOS.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Game has been running 100% fine for me. Haven't checked/tested ping response lately, but I also haven't encountered any sort of lag spikes/issues that would prompt me to do so.
    Where you located and what times are you normally playing? merely for additional data acquisition.

Awesome. let me know how it goes.
    When I checked, it was showing around 450ms, but no noticeable effect until around 10pm CST when there was some lag in a PvP match. Outside of that, it felt the same as it has for me the past 4-5 years. Everything responded, no rubber banding, etc.

We did 4 man Bismark EX, 4 man Ravana EX, 5 man Ravana EX, 5 man Thoridan EX, Deltascape 4.0 normal, treasure maps, and some A ranks that happened to be up when we were going around for treasure maps. Plus the one PvP match.

PvP was the only thing that had a lag spike and it was just one time.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2017-09-08 at 12:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Well, I finally stopped dithering about and left Balmung. Now I'm on Cerberus! Does anyone here play there?
    Waaah!

*hides in private house and locks door*

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Waaah!

*hides in private house and locks door*
    Don't be mean to Graeham, he's not that much of a weirdo! ....I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Don't be mean to Graeham, he's not that much of a weirdo! ....I think.
    He's a weirdo, a decent human on Balmung, weird as absolute shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

When I checked, it was showing around 450ms, but no noticeable effect until around 10pm CST when there was some lag in a PvP match. Outside of that, it felt the same as it has for me the past 4-5 years. Everything responded, no rubber banding, etc.

We did 4 man Bismark EX, 4 man Ravana EX, 5 man Ravana EX, 5 man Thoridan EX, Deltascape 4.0 normal, treasure maps, and some A ranks that happened to be up when we were going around for treasure maps. Plus the one PvP match.

PvP was the only thing that had a lag spike and it was just one time.
    I did tend to notice that the lag was more prevalent in instances rather than open world. Which would make sense given the instance servers probably see a ton of congestion.

450ms should still feel pretty sluggish though unless it's something you've grown accustomed to. I mean going from 40-100ms was noticeable, I can barely double oGCD now. Going from 40 to 220 feels like my world is coming to an end. hell even going from 100 to 220 feels that way.

I did tend to notice that the lag was more prevalent in instances rather than open world. Which would make sense given the instance servers probably see a ton of congestion.

450ms should still feel pretty sluggish though unless it's something you've grown accustomed to. I mean going from 40-100ms was noticeable, I can barely double oGCD now. Going from 40 to 220 feels like my world is coming to an end. hell even going from 100 to 220 feels that way.
    Dunno what to tell you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Had no issues with performance. Just saying the game claimed 450 when I looked, but everything reacted when I pushed a button, everything was where it showed, never got hit by AoEs, not "I was totally out of that" issues, no rubber banding, no weirdness.

I'm not min/maxing every second of combat performance in Savage where a half second can actually be a noticeable issue, though, so I could be oblivious to what you'd find a glaring delay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post
    He's a weirdo, a decent human on Balmung, weird as absolute shit.
    So you're saying Balmung is "driving out the normies"?
    Last edited by Faroth; 2017-09-08 at 04:53 PM.

Welcome to rural America, where your choices are wireless/satellite or dialup. Expensive, highly data-limited broadband with high ping, or...the flint knife of the Internet. Brought to you by the Big Data Oligopoly and their lackeys the politicians, bought and sold like any other commodity.
    You're preaching to the choir here. I'm in as rural an area as it can get; DSL wasn't even an option until 10 years ago at my previous home, and as of this day, that whopping 3 mbps connection is as good as it gets to that house. Current wireless solutions trump that, but then you run into data cap issues...

Thankfully, I moved closer to the town where I work, and we have cable here (via municipality ISP; think Chattanooga, but much smaller scale). Were it not for that, we'd be stuck on DSL here at best. One local county had state funds directed to it for the purpose of fleshing out internet infrastructure and bringing them out of the stone age Internet wise (I'm talking people who were basically on 28.8k speeds as of 4-5 years ago). Instead, it was used to build a new local government facility.

Edit: One major factor in why I even moved was due to how shit the internet service was at my previous location. The past 4-5 years, that connection would pretty much go out completely any time it rained due to moisture getting into the lines. Said lines being used had been in the ground since the 60s...and it rains here fairly frequently on average.

- - - Updated - - -

Where you located and what times are you normally playing? merely for additional data acquisition.
    I'm down near the Georgia/Florida border, on cable (not even the fastest; 35 down, 3 up). I normally play from around 9 PM EST up to 2 AM EST.

Ran O1-O4 normal yesterday and did 5-6 Frontlines and didn't notice any bit of lag the entire time.
    Last edited by Kazgrel; 2017-09-08 at 05:06 PM.

So you're saying Balmung is "driving out the normies"?
    Seemingly!

My progress towards the phoenix mount is going well! Managed to get Sephirot's bird with a roll of 99. Now I just need to grab Thordan's and Nidhogg's.

Once that's done I guess I'll start farming Ala Mhigo as a PLD to try and get the Garlean mount that drops there.