10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    BF1 tended to run between 50-60fps which trust me, even with that bit of give, is better than a capped 30. Now yes, that's with the Pro, but that's why you buy the Pro. Still, you're talking about a game with 60 people in it, all fighting on the same map, with some of the best graphics in the genre and without sacrificing too much in the way of fidelity made it actually run pretty damn well. Add to the fact that you have destructible environments.

So how do we turn around to a damn-near corridor shooter with okay graphics (pretty artistically but nothing amazing) where you're never dealing with much more than a handful of enemies at a time and maybe a couple of other players and only manage to achieve a capped 30? So yes, I am a bit of a stickler for the frame-rate they went with. It legitimately made Destiny feel weird to play and only layers to the overall disappointment when you realize, the game in of itself, simply isn't there.

"Oh but you need friends!"

Then there isn't a game there. Friends should heighten the enjoyment. Not make it tolerable.
    I respect that, and I agree. On the Pro/1X, this game should be running at 60fps.

But that isn't something that is a deal breaker for me. But I do respect that it is for you.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I respect that, and I agree. On the Pro/1X, this game should be running at 60fps.

But that isn't something that is a deal breaker for me. But I do respect that it is for you.
    Not a deal breaker, just a nagging issue and I guess why is because it keeps adding towards this overall collage that paints Destiny as sort of a half-assed, pointless exercise in mediocrity. From damn near the floor up. So much so that I wonder if it wasn't for the Bungie name attached to it, if it'd have even remotely close to the same fan base when all is said and done. I think another argued it best when they pointed out the game is simply about looking and feeling cool. It's all makeup and glamour. All show, no substance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a deal breaker, just a nagging issue and I guess why is because it keeps adding towards this overall collage that paints Destiny as sort of a half-assed, pointless exercise in mediocrity. From damn near the floor up. So much so that I wonder if it wasn't for the Bungie name attached to it, if it'd have even remotely close to the same fan base when all is said and done. I think another argued it best when they pointed out the game is simply about looking and feeling cool. It's all makeup and glamour. All show, no substance.
    For me, I never really cared about the Bungie name. The only Halo I played was part 2. But I do love Sci Fi FPS'rs, and I do love lots of lore. So Destiny does it for me. The gun control is great, the abilities are fun, and the enemies are interesting. The loot chase isn't really THAT important to me, but it does add a goal other than just playing a Raid, strike, or series of missions one time and putting it back on the shelf.

I played through the campaign completely solo, which was fun. But now I am running everything with friends which has been even more fun.

To each their own really. I can't make you love the game, lol, and I respect your concerns/distaste for the game. I just don't see eye to eye with your opinion of it. The things you dislike, and kinda the things I do like.

For me, I never really cared about the Bungie name. The only Halo I played was part 2. But I do love Sci Fi FPS'rs, and I do love lots of lore. So Destiny does it for me. The gun control is great, the abilities are fun, and the enemies are interesting. The loot chase isn't really THAT important to me, but it does add a goal other than just playing a Raid, strike, or series of missions one time and putting it back on the shelf.

I played through the campaign completely solo, which was fun. But now I am running everything with friends which has been even more fun.

To each their own really. I can't make you love the game, lol, and I respect your concerns/distaste for the game. I just don't see eye to eye with your opinion of it. The things you dislike, and kinda the things I do like.
    Again, having to roll a piece of shit around on the ground with your tongue is a lot more fun with friends than by yourself. I wish people would stop using this as some sort of standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, having to roll a piece of shit around on the ground with your tongue is a lot more fun with friends than by yourself. I wish people would stop using this as some sort of standard.
    I dunno man. For months I was playing single player games and I started to get really lonely while playing. I don't mind certain games being very "play with friends" centric. Though I do understand that not everyone feels the same.

If it is just not your cup of tea, there is nothing wrong with that at all.

I just bought the damn game and there is maintenance for 4 hours and I work tonight

fuck off

also not really digging warlock, at least not the sun sword spec anyway haven't gotten to the other 2 yet
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I just bought the damn game and there is maintenance for 4 hours and I work tonight

fuck off

also not really digging warlock, at least not the sun sword spec anyway haven't gotten to the other 2 yet
    Yeah i think Warlocks really the weakest this go around. Good in PVP but in everything else a hunter or titan can do the job better.

Also noticed sunbreaker titan feels super weak compared to in D1.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Yeah i think Warlocks really the weakest this go around. Good in PVP but in everything else a hunter or titan can do the job better.

Also noticed sunbreaker titan feels super weak compared to in D1.
    I have no comparison but grenade is pathetic and has a long CD (idk if mods reduce its CD or not but regardless its trash) and the healing area is super small and the animation takes too long before it comes out and the glide traits don't do much of anything
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I have no comparison but grenade is pathetic and has a long CD (idk if mods reduce its CD or not but regardless its trash) and the healing area is super small and the animation takes too long before it comes out and the glide traits don't do much of anything
    If you are playing Destiny for the first time Golden Gun Hunter is probably the best way to get into it, but of course that doesnt show up till lvl.7 as a random drop.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm quite in love with the Protector Titan. Melee, Ranged, Defense, all rolled into one neat little package.

A single shield throw taking out 2-3 people in Crucible is really really satisfying.

Deleted
    No, love them. If they had made Destiny more like a right-proper Diablo-styled looter and pushed for a constant 60fps (I find this largely intolerable for shooters these days to NOT be 60), I'd be all down for that.

Instead they went with something that oddly leans more towards WoW's philosophy of content distribution, only it feels even more scarce and pointless.
    So you don't enjoy shooters on console.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    So you don't enjoy shooters on console.
    I like Call of Duty and for the most Battlefield 1. So no, I'd say that's not true.

Deleted
    I like Call of Duty and for the most Battlefield 1. So no, I'd say that's not true.
    Regardless, you pretend like you won't get 60 euros of fun out of the game when I'm confident you get more than 20 hours in at the very least. If you don't enjoy it than simply don't buy it.

You are not required to enjoy it, doesn't make it a bad game though.

- - - Updated - - -

Designing a game where you can play with friends in an online manner that works isn't easy, yes I dare say it it makes a game better.

Regardless, you pretend like you won't get 60 euros of fun out of the game when I'm confident you get more than 20 hours in at the very least. If you don't enjoy it than simply don't buy it.

You are not required to enjoy it, doesn't make it a bad game though.

- - - Updated - - -

Designing a game where you can play with friends in an online manner that works isn't easy, yes I dare say it it makes a game better.
    I like CoD and Battlefield because I crank them to the highest difficulty for the campaign. While I've gotten REALLY good at shooters (so often those scales don't really stop me much) it does make the overall experience more enjoyable. If I can practically stand there and eat the enemy's bullets, it's not good. That's not a challenge at all and makes the entire experience for like some glorified children storybook. Not a game.

Additionally, they both have FAR superior multiplayer, except for Infinite Warfare. That was terrible. Not going to lie. However, even then, in CoD's defense, it has zombies. Both franchises tend to give me far more bang for my buck than Destiny did, whether playing with others or by myself.

...Also, twenty hours for 60 isn't shit. I'm at over 50 hours on Mario + Rabbids. Having some cheap little campaign to quickly romp through doesn't make for a good purchase simply because it barely lasted above ten whole hours.

Deleted
    I like CoD and Battlefield because I crank them to the highest difficulty for the campaign. While I've gotten REALLY good at shooters (so often those scales don't really stop me much) it does make the overall experience more enjoyable. If I can practically stand there and eat the enemy's bullets, it's not good. That's not a challenge at all and makes the entire experience for like some glorified children storybook. Not a game.

Additionally, they both have FAR superior multiplayer, except for Infinite Warfare. That was terrible. Not going to lie. However, even then, in CoD's defense, it has zombies. Both franchises tend to give me far more bang for my buck than Destiny did, whether playing with others or by myself.

...Also, twenty hours for 60 isn't shit. I'm at over 50 hours on Mario + Rabbids. Having some cheap little campaign to quickly romp through doesn't make for a good purchase simply because it barely lasted above ten whole hours.
    So literally what you are saying is, this isn't a game you enjoy. You still haven't clarified what makes it a bad game aside from you not enjoying it.

Are you incapable of not trash talking anything that falls outside of your enjoyment?

10+ Year Old Account
    So literally what you are saying is, this isn't a game you enjoy. You still haven't clarified what makes it a bad game aside from you not enjoying it.

Are you incapable of not trash talking anything that falls outside of your enjoyment?
    If he doesn't enjoy it, then so be it. Taste in games is subjective. We've already gone through these paces earlier in the thread. It's just not his cup of tea, and that is A-Ok. Beating the dead horse won't change his mind.

Well, the fact that Destiny literally has no difficulty in the campaign and is just there as filler with a story tied to it acts typically as a negative mark against most games. Similarly, their decision to cap at thirty frames is also a bit baffling considering the game itself from a mechanical perspective. Only hurts the overall experience and leaves one going, "...but it's Destiny? How could they not get sixty squeezed out of it?" Feels like developer ineptitude versus any true limitations.

Then I can hammer on the PvP. It's just horrible. There's no excuse for it. I can hammer on the micro-transactions. I can hammer on the fact they haven't really done much to evolve or build upon their base game despite carrying over so much of the prior assets. The game, for all intent and purpose, feels like a cash-in much like the first.

So it isn't a matter of me just simply not liking it. There's plenty here to bash on. Yes, there are games that I can't get into but still can't bring myself to take a hammer to because I either don't know much about them OR my reasons for disliking them are fairly superficial. Destiny is not one of those games and I can break it down bit by bit as to why I view it as a bad, shameful product. If you like it, more power to you, but that doesn't change my own personal stance.

I think people tend to forget that much like they can praise a product, I can preach against it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Destiny is not one of those games and I can break it down bit by bit as to why I view it as a bad, shameful product. If you like it, more power to you, but that doesn't change my own personal stance.

I think people tend to forget that much like they can praise a product, I can preach against it.
    I think this is perfectly fair. However, you did come into a discussion thread where the vast majority of people here are fans of the game, and enjoy playing it. So it is to be expected that your ill feelings towards it would be questioned.

Personally, I think you've explained yourself fully and there is nothing wrong with you having the opinion you do.

I think this is perfectly fair. However, you did come into a discussion thread where the vast majority of people here are fans of the game, and enjoy playing it. So it is to be expected that your ill feelings towards it would be questioned.

Personally, I think you've explained yourself fully and there is nothing wrong with you having the opinion you do.
    You're the second person I've encountered today that actually kind of flipped my expectation of how things were going to end up, thank you for that.

Yes, I do understand that people in a thread for a given game tend to be fans of said game. I'm sure some that encountered me gushing over Ori and the Blind Forest thought I was an absolute lunatic but fuck it, I wanted to sing that game's praise from the highest mountain top.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're the second person I've encountered today that actually kind of flipped my expectation of how things were going to end up, thank you for that.

Yes, I do understand that people in a thread for a given game tend to be fans of said game. I'm sure some that encountered me gushing over Ori and the Blind Forest thought I was an absolute lunatic but fuck it, I wanted to sing that game's praise from the highest mountain top.
    That game deserves every ounce of praise it received, if not for the sound track alone.