Deleted

Class conversion (lore wise)

Hi guys,

This is my first post on the mmo-champion forums .

In this thread I would like to debate on the following subject:

Do you think its possible for a tauren shaman to become a druid? Abandon the shamanistic powers and the link with the elements and spirits and devote himself only to nature?

Shamans and druids are very much alike, but could one of them become the other? Can a druid sever its connection with the emerald dream and embrace the elemental worshipping?

/discuss

Interesting.

Well I know that Orc Warlocks originated from shamans giving into the dark arts, such as Ner'zul. I could maybe see a resto shaman being totally devoted to nature slowly turning. But then again druids have a special connection with nature. Lorewise if classes foresake they're current art they can convert I believe. How else do all classes start? They must originate somewhere, and I believe by finding those originations and forsaking their previous class they can become something new. Though this would take considerable amounts of time. Im not sure how long Malfurion Stomrage trained under Cenarius for but yeah...

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as Shamans and Druids have slightly similar domains I dont see why a determined character couldn't be both. While it would be extremely rare I think it could be possible.

Wasn't Nobunto, or whatever was the name of the first Draenei Shaman, a paladin at first, and then changed to a shaman?

Also I believe warlocks for the most part USED to be mages that turned onto darker magic if I'm not mistaken right?

Anyway, it would be a really interesting part of an RP when a class change happens.
    Elizabeth, Paladin of Stormwind, read the story of A Paladin in the Making.
    Featuring now: Agent Vanseph, human Rogue agent of SI: 7, and Floral, the mysterious night elf Huntress
    accompanied by Hummer, ex-lion Pridelord!

The Dog sheds its fur! It's actually a chick?!

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Elizabeth View Post
    Wasn't Nobunto, or whatever was the name of the first Draenei Shaman, a paladin at first, and then changed to a shaman?

Also I believe warlocks for the most part USED to be mages that turned onto darker magic if I'm not mistaken right?

Anyway, it would be a really interesting part of an RP when a class change happens.
    You're right. Nobundo used to be a Draenei Vindicator, but then he turned to Shamanism after his transformation into a Krokul (Broken).

And I agree, it would make a interesting turn of events.

From extremes to slight swaps , there are many possibilities, some not as easy but if explained well yes quite possibly.

Rogues to warrior - trading a life of crime for loyalty and pride

Shamans to druids- the nature aspect of restoration has shown said shaman into a path of nature with the earthmothers blessing (idunno :P).

Mages-warlocks
    Shamans-warlock both happen all the time.

Hunter-shaman/druid a bit harder but could be explained by a much deeper affinity for nature and animals. As for shaman ,hunters where said to have dabbled with the elements but by force with their specific blessed arrows and traps, maybe they could move into a geo mancer then a shaman.

Hunter-rogue or vise versa.

Mage-shaman maybe be a little harder but it could work if explained well, they do use fire and ice, also how did the orcs become mages?.

death knights- happens regularly

preist-druid-shaman , this one might be one of the harder ones but the taurens have done it so theres some hope and blessing .