Here's too the 400th page!

And I still can't wait for my Norn warrior/ Asura Necro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bodygrinder View Post
    Here's too the 400th page!

And I still can't wait for my Norn warrior/ Asura Necro!
    Norn warriors seem pretty bad ass, i might actually change from charr to norn for my warrior.

Deleted
    I was convinced I would make a Charr Warrior...but after all these vids I want a Elementalist / Necromancer / Thief too :<
    Last edited by mmoc2be3b3a67c; 2011-09-09 at 10:41 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthshockaz View Post
    Norn warriors seem pretty bad ass, i might actually change from charr to norn for my warrior.
    They are, I knew the second when I saw a norn in GW:EotN that I would play one.
    + I love their lore and architecture.

Human Warrior
    Human Ranger
    Sylvari Necromancer
    Norn Guardian
    Charr Engineer
    Asura Thief
    Human Elementalist

got my names etc. all pointed out already.. to fricken thrilled for this game. I want to play it for the Third time now QQ

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    Human Warrior
    Human Ranger
    Sylvari Necromancer
    Norn Guardian
    Charr Engineer
    Asura Thief
    Human Elementalist

got my names etc. all pointed out already.. to fricken thrilled for this game. I want to play it for the Third time now QQ
    lol, I've got a couple of my names already, here's my race/class choices so far:

Human Necromancer (street rat Necromancer? Yes, please)
    Asura Thief (inspired by the thief skill video, love Asura animations and thieves' animations as well)
    Sylvari Engineer (for the irony of being a plant person that relies on technology)

Deleted
    I'll probably be going to try out these in the Beta, and what I like most I will roll first in the actual game

Charr Warrior / Necromancer
    Sylvari Thief
    Asura Elementalist ( for some reason the idea of this tiny wizard, probably 'cause of the animations I've seen, makes me rofl )

I think the thief is not a good class tbh, single target rogue dps (most of the time, if major cd is not blown, ae aoe dagger throw ultimate etc), squishy; and it doesn't bring anything to the group xcept that ultimate that lets everyone stealth for few sec. Short bow shadow steps, scorpion wire death grip and stealth all around but when it comes to action i think it will be the least useful partner to stick around with. Not that i think thieves are useless but as it is now it's prolly the last class i'd group up with.

Just take a look at engineer/guardian/necro/ele for example and what kind of stuff they can do and enhance the group with utility, def, cc, heals; and pick a lousy thief for a 5 man or any other pvp/pve aspect; over them. I know you can do them with any kind of setup but if you go for a least painful option, and i know many will, i don't see a spot for thief if any of early mentioned are interested. Maybe i'm wrong but that's how i see it atm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefuu View Post
    I think the thief is not a good class tbh, single target rogue dps (most of the time, if major cd is not blown, ae aoe dagger throw ultimate etc), squishy; and it doesn't bring anything to the group xcept that ultimate that lets everyone stealth for few sec. Short bow shadow steps, scorpion wire death grip and stealth all around but when it comes to action i think it will be the least useful partner to stick around with. Not that i think thieves are useless but as it is now it's prolly the last class i'd group up with.

Just take a look at engineer/guardian/necro/ele for example and what kind of stuff they can do and enhance the group with utility, def, cc, heals; and pick a lousy thief for a 5 man or any other pvp/pve aspect; over them. I know you can do them with any kind of setup but if you go for a least painful option, and i know many will, i don't see a spot for thief if any of early mentioned are interested. Maybe i'm wrong but that's how i see it atm.
    the "lazy" few seconds stealth can rescue the whole group severel times btw. btw the devs said the thief is exceeding at high spike dmg and where other classes got more support abilities, the thief got higher dmg spikes, i dont see the prob. if i pick an ele for support and little + dmg for the whole grp or a thief who is generally making higher dmg. and the thief can cc mobs, too. his "tanking" potential is very high,too cause of the lot dodge mechanics and i dont think that all the combos classes can do are only "fire + anything" who knows what combos can be performed with thief abilities.

so, no flaming at u, but u cant say the thief is not a good class. i can say that to the ele, too: meh, ele is not a good class, he cant lay any traps, cant stealth the grp, and isnt making high spike dmg<,<

Blinding Power is not an elite skill

Fun thief facts: Thieves can dodge more often than other classes with abilities like Roll for Initiative, Withdraw, and Flanking Strike, making for a very dynamic tanking style of physically moving out of the way of every attack

More thief group utility has been promised, with abilities like a smoke wall that can block projectiles

10+ Year Old Account
    So, 8 classes total. In future expansions do you guys imagine any more classes being added? As I see it now every archtype is kinda covered (if we get mesmer/illusionist).
    Sorry if this has been asked before.

Quote Originally Posted by Verazh View Post
    So, 8 classes total. In future expansions do you guys imagine any more classes being added? As I see it now every archtype is kinda covered (if we get mesmer/illusionist).
    Sorry if this has been asked before.
    As long as they don't go the LoL route with their new professions, I think we'll be ok. There's plenty of them to choose from, we've still got a few left from the original game that haven't been confirmed or denied.

High spike damage, high mobility, a few conditions to spread (poison, vulnerability being the strongest). Not a lot of support, but very dangerous, and playing alongside a guardian, for instance, would be a dangerous combination in the conquest maps.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'ld love to have paragon back, with better armors though
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    My class race setup
    Sylvari female warrior same name as my dk in wow atm
    Human female elementalist same name as my lock in wow atm
    Charr male guardian
    Norn female ranger
    Human female thief.

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    i was under the impression that the i2700k was the best gaming processor, or are we talking best bang for buck?
    1. The i2700k doesnt exist its called the i7 2600k
    2. The only difference between the i5 2500k and the i7 2600k is the i7 has hyper threading, which is useless for gamers. So unless you use some cpu intensive programs that support hyper threading there is no reason to spend $100 more on a processor

Here's a nice post on MMORPG.com that goes into detail about the dynamic events, it's worth a read even for the regulars here:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cf...898334#3898334

10+ Year Old Account
    where ever you are when you've just had a long fight against another player, to screw up your day
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post

A true hero.
    and he'd like to take a moment to talk about centaurs
    Last edited by vilhelm1992; 2011-09-09 at 03:34 PM. Reason: typo

I must say, for a person that wasn't very interested in gw2 before, I watched some vids and I am seriously pumped for it right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leetsushi View Post
    I must say, for a person that wasn't very interested in gw2 before, I watched some vids and I am seriously pumped for it right now.
    It tends to have that effect