Farewell High Elves !! Until the day we meet again !!

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasaru View Post
    Are you really that naive?
    I know he fans are going to be whining everywhere , but knowing that high elves are never going to happen they might give up after some time. many of them will.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Zandalari Paladins are not a thing. Stop trying to make it happen just because of a couple on NPC's in TOT.
    Or.. I could use Ion's logic and say if you want to be a paladin the Alliance is there for you.
    I main a human paladin so thats fine for me. I'm just saying Blizz has heavily hinted (not mocked like high elf fans think constitutes as a hint, but actually hinted) at zandalari prelates regaining their powers. Hell, them LOSING their powers is new to this expansion, so clearly blizz hasnt just forgotten about them.
    There's a very fine line between not listening, and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life. ~ Private Leonard Church

10+ Year Old Account
    Zandalari Paladins are not a thing. Stop trying to make it happen just because of a couple on NPC's in TOT.
    Or.. I could use Ion's logic and say if you want to be a paladin the Alliance is there for you.
    Actually in the last interview Ion said that Zandalari paladins are a possibility as the story of the Zandalari goes on. Right now we know what happens with the Prelates (the Zandalari paladins) because of the shenanigans Zul and his cronies end up doing and he went on from that saying if they get a source of power or discover other means they might end up existing.

Suffice to say this is more of a "It can happen" but not a "It will happen."

-Credit to Mythriz for the signature and avatar!

You're fucking immature to be honest.
    Oh the irony, with only one sentence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Nah, after all those years of fighting denial its a good thing to do. That way people will remember. If we don't remind high elf fans that high elves will never be alliance race, they will start making new "High elves confirmed" threads after few days.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMechano View Post
    As much as I did not care for High Elves (I'm a Snekboi myself) I am kind of curious as to whether Ion forgot about the Silver Covenant being 'a thing'. He states there were no examples...and yet they're right there, in Wrath, Cata and turned up in Legion...

Still I can now hold out my hopes that having the High Elf fervor die down might get the Sethrak noticed.
    He didn't forget. Even if he didn't mention them, you're looking at the most irrelivent thing he said. The point of his answer was to confirm to everyone that BLOOD ELVES ARE HIGH ELVES...they are not a separate race, they are the exact same thing.
    Kthxhugsbye

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea.

Boy now I can only hope we Alliance get Sethrak as allied race.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't give two hoots what you think right now. My position won out completely!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Yea.

Boy now I can only hope we Alliance get Sethrak as allied race.
    They're not part of the Horde so I wish you luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    I don't give two hoots what you think right now. My position won out completely!
    damn shut down

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny McCormick View Post
    I know he fans are going to be whining everywhere , but knowing that high elves are never going to happen they might give up after some time. many of them will.
    High Elves have already happened...they are called blood elves :P
    Kthxhugsbye

I knew as soon as the question was answered that I had to come to this thread to see the amount of arrogance and spite on both sides and it does not disappoint. I don't care about high elves one way or the other but man is the drama fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren-dorei View Post
    My prediction is that Vereesa Windrunner and all remaining High Elves will be brought to the brink of extinction and will have to make a choice: either accept dark yet useful powers, or perish. Backed into a corner, Vereesa and the remaining High Elves will accept the gift that Alleria and the Ren'dorei offer and will gorge themselves in the Void, becoming Ren'dorei.

This would be good lore development, because:

A) It would bolster the Ren'dorei's numbers;
    B) It would close the case 'Playable High Elves' for good.
    Alliance high elves literally already had that choice and chose not to accept the dark powers. It'd just be a retread of their story.
    There's a very fine line between not listening, and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life. ~ Private Leonard Church

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Nah, after all those years of fighting denial its a good thing to do. That way people will remember. If we don't remind high elf fans that high elves will never be alliance race, they will start making new "High elves confirmed" threads after few days.
    I am sure had Ion said the opposite, our long term opponents would be behaving with decorum and sensitivity towards us as the faction wall was smashed and our most popular race copied to the other side.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HMush View Post
    Kind of a big middle finger to what seems to be a good portion of the fanbase, isn't it? I was a fan of the direction proposed in this thread, it's a shame.
    It is not a big middle finger to anything, you people who have been crying out for high elves and ignoring what people have been telling you that blood elves ARE high elves are the ones who have been sticking a big middle finger up to the lore during this entire ridiculous conquest.

For nearly 7,000 years, high elven society centered on the sacred Sunwell, a magical fount that was created using a vial of pure arcane energy from the first Well of Eternity. Nourished and strengthened by the Sunwell’s potent energies, the high elves’ enchanted kingdom of Quel’Thalas prospered within the verdant forests north of Lordaeron.

Blood Elf History
    During the Third War, however, the high elves were nearly scoured from Azeroth. Led by the death knight Arthas, a Scourge army stormed into Quel’Thalas, slaughtering almost ninety percent of the kingdom’s population. Arthas then used the mystical Sunwell to resurrect the fallen necromancer Kel’Thuzad, irrevocably tainting the fount in the process.

Fearing that the befouled well would obliterate his dwindling race, Prince Kael’thas Sunstrider gathered a group of Quel’Thalas’s defenders and destroyed the fount to avert catastrophe. Although the high elves were spared from continued exposure to the Sunwell’s dark energies, in the fount’s absence they suffered terribly from withdrawal. As a result, Kael’thas desperately searched for a means to help his people—whom he had renamed the blood elves—and thus he set out for the shattered world of Outland. There he allied with the renegade demon Illidan Stormrage in the hopes of finding a cure for the blood elves’ crippling withdrawal.

That is the official lore of the high elves, taken straight from https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/game/races/blood-elf

Trust me i have always wanted the alliance to be the ones who got those stupid legolas and barbie freaks more than anyone on the alliance could ever want, i hate every single thing about them and the 2 maps in wc3 that allow you to destroy them remain my favourite parts for this exact reason. But nothing will change the fact that the blood elves are the high elves and unfortunately the horde are stuck with them.
    Last edited by mmoc1448478633; 2018-04-26 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivinara View Post
    I knew as soon as the question was answered that I had to come to this thread to see the amount of arrogance and spite on both sides and it does not disappoint. I don't care about high elves one way or the other but man is the drama fun to watch.
    This...all day long. Where is my upvote/like option? I'd spend all day liking your post lol
    Kthxhugsbye

Quote Originally Posted by Byne View Post
    Alliance high elves literally already had that choice and chose not to accept the dark powers. It'd just be a retread of their story.
    Possibly, but then again, Blizzard at least would finally make even the thickest High Elf fan understand that they are not becoming playable. Since this is their choice, and I respect it.

Honestly, have something REALLY bad happen to the High Elves -- something so terrible and tragic, that they literally have no other choice but join the Ren'dorei in the Void, or face a gruesome demise. It would only serve as potential character development for the two sisters Alleria and Vereesa, at the very least.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Could always ask for blue eyed blood elves. i kinda want that to be a thing now.

Is it only me who interpereted the "contact lenses" comment like he was saying "dude, it's only an eye color"?

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Could always ask for blue eyed blood elves. i kinda want that to be a thing now.
    Death Knights.