Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Would Bruce Wayne'ing be me buying to speed level crafting via turn ins? Sounds expensive lol.
    It's pricey, but not ridiculously so to me. Some of those leves are just ridiculous on how much xp they give and vendors are selling the item for 9000 gil each or so, I think? And think of it as a one time thing per expansion and then you've got your own repairs (if not at 50) for better condition and self sufficient melding which does add up from the vendors.

If you add in finding one or two things to craft for cash, it's worth it. Seriously, you could just craft a few things once a week before logging off one day and slap 'em on the board and get some profitability from it. If you're not going all in max-level crafter, it's not terribly time demanding.

I mean, there's no method to just insta-grant gil by the boat loads. If you don't want to do anything in the game that yields gil, you're probably going to be keeping the ol' purse strings tight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    You know, WoW at least lets you craft your own pots and food.
    With an alt or two it is very easy to become self sufficient.

In FF you have to either no life a crafter to get to i340HQ crafts (huge effort, doubt you will have good HQ chances with the scrip gear) or you have to rely on others.
    I do not like it at all.
    An economy in a genre that's designed to be interactive with other people rather than an entirely self sufficient solo game? What a wild idea.

The only problem I see in the equation is crafters are also adventurers by requirement. If crafting could be leveled to max while still being level 1 DoW/DoM, there'd be a little more room for adventurers to actually make gil supplying materials to crafters and spending said gil on the finished goods crafters make.

Requiring crafters/gatherers to proceed through MSQ for that side of the game does somewhat break the ecosystem of the two sides needing each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Don't think logic really should be applied to games in general.
    TOTALLY agree with you on that. I prefer to keep these fantasy games away from the likes of day to day logic.

Does this apply to retainers who are low level? I only have 1 retainer like level 30 or so. The other is low level. The problem I had was that leveling retainers was really boring. It's just menu maintenance content so I didn't bother with it.
    The chance to get better items gets a slight increase if you gear and level them up but you can still get stuff early on that sells for anything from 10 to 100000 gil a pop. It's mostly RNG based, though the effort can be as minimal as just sending them out on the hour long quick ventures.

You'll need ventures, though. The most efficient way to get 'em is through allied seals from hunts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post
    You know I always figured Wreck to be one of those guys who just naturally had piles of Gil, like I would expect to see a screenie from him and be like "Holy shit bro, how did you make all that Gil."
    I've always assumed that the people who raid almost exclusively are scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to money making. Progression raiding is expensive, and you get very little of it back when you spend night after night wiping on a boss.

I know from experience that this is usually the case. Back when I was a Guild Leader in WoW I personally sold anything of value that was unneeded we got from our farm raids and used the gold to flip profits to fund our raiding. That included buying up huge supplies of Mooncloth, Titanite, Herbs to make Flasks and so on. Ever had to outfit almost an entire guild with Fire Resistance gear? Not a cheap endevour.

There were tonnes of reasons why we'd wipe, but not having consumables and crafted gear wasn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    You and I seem to be cut from the same cloth here as far as gil is concerned. I did retainer leveling as it was easy menu maintenance stuff that does pay off, it's not a huge money maker but it's consistent, and I use the MB to sell a LOT of stuff anyway because it makes more on the MB than vendoring it, so I was in the menu doing stuff already. The hour long ones do have the potential for getting you more profitable stuff, but are a headache IMO to manage since you have to do it more often. I have kind of stuck with the 18 hour long ones as they give the most xp and require little maintenance and are a consistent money maker, but as I said...nothing huge, a few thousand gil a day guaranteed with the potential to get stuff you can sell to make a few thousand more. This coupled with the random items I get from doing beast tribe dailies, killing enemies in dungeons etc... can stack up to 10's of thousands of gil a day, which doesn't sound like much but it adds up and I'm consistently sitting between 3 and 9 million depending on whether I splurge on a housing item or whatever. I had ~12 million then bought a small house and spent a small fortune furnishing the inside and outside of it and enjoyed myself more than I thought I would.

That said, this only works if you're consistently playing and I fully understand when you get to a point where simply logging in can be a challenge how you wouldn't be making any money. Not really sure what to say about that, you need to play to make money, but different money making methods take different amount of time to execute. Find one that works for you and your schedule, but "selling your body" as you put it is likely your best bet given your current situation. But on top of that you can do the easy MB and retainer stuff if you'll be logging in anyway...it's free money basically for 30 seconds worth of work.
    The only reason I'd ever want housing is so I can build a copy of either:

a) Velvet Room (Persona)

b) Hunters Workshop (Bloodborne)

I've seen both done to extraordinarily high detail.

That and to just sit and listen to trisection over and over. I always change the FC music to it when I log in. People always used to change it back, but over the past month and a half or so, it's still the same.

In FF you have to either no life a crafter to get to i340HQ crafts (huge effort, doubt you will have good HQ chances with the scrip gear) or you have to rely on others.
    I do not like it at all.
    Wow had 2 advantages for me personally. I could gather tons of mats simultaneously while leveling during an expansion. Mats that were relevant at end game. I could either sell them for a ton of gold or save them for consumables.

I also had a sugar daddy raid leader. He supplied a ton of shit for me when I was broke when the freaking wow tokens spiked 400% in price.

Not saying one is better/worse, just it was more advantageous to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I mean, there's no method to just insta-grant gil by the boat loads. If you don't want to do anything in the game that yields gil, you're probably going to be keeping the ol' purse strings tight.
    I gotta suck it up and play, but I don't want toooooo.

What's your bid btw?

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    The chance to get better items gets a slight increase if you gear and level them up but you can still get stuff early on that sells for anything from 10 to 100000 gil a pop. It's mostly RNG based, though the effort can be as minimal as just sending them out on the hour long quick ventures.

You'll need ventures, though. The most efficient way to get 'em is through allied seals from hunts.
    woot. I have like 500 of them. Not sure where I got them from.

I gotta suck it up and play, but I don't want toooooo.
    I have this problem atm... but in real life. I have a rather large collection of stuff I need to sell for money, but I don't want to put in the effort of sorting, photos, posting/describing, and setting them up on various sites. T-T

Mostly got burned out on all the work that goes into it over the last number of months and I've been laaaaaazy lately. Need to suck it up this weekend.

What's your bid btw?
    Bid on what?

10+ Year Old Account
    An economy in a genre that's designed to be interactive with other people rather than an entirely self sufficient solo game? What a wild idea.
    I find, having to rely on other players for these simple things very annoying, that is all.

I have this problem atm... but in real life. I have a rather large collection of stuff I need to sell for money, but I don't want to put in the effort of sorting, photos, posting/describing, and setting them up on various sites. T-T

Mostly got burned out on all the work that goes into it over the last number of months and I've been laaaaaazy lately. Need to suck it up this weekend.

Bid on what?
    My booty playboy.

I kid.

Selling stuff sucks. I used to sell a lot of car parts as I was really into building/tuning a few years back (mortgage ruined all that ). It was a pain, but fortunately it wasn't too hard getting buyers.

I made most of my Gil from endless hours running POTD and throwing all the junk it generated on the MB. I eventually got sick of managing it as I had little need for it and just vendor everything now. Still sitting on 50M ATM. I'm solidly in the lull, just logging in to do Daily Cactpot. I'll be glad for a return to the Hunt in gear upgrades, what new story we get with the MSQ and Namazu dailies, poke at the new Deep Dungeon and...endure Eureka some more.

My booty playboy.
    I'd give you 10M for it if you were on XCal.

The new beast tribe might be a nice way to make money if the Moogles from HW were any indication. I remember the glass fibre or whatever selling for quite a decent amount for a while.

Some translated 4.3 notes. Eureka grind extended to 30 (ugh, fuck you and your level-boner JP), new area only relates to upgrading the weapon (can't say I'm surprised), new DD will be for leveling and getting a non-Relic weapon first 30 floors (as expected), new systems in Namazu beast tribes and some mobs in the new DD (believe it when I see it), Doman Reconstruction vendor visual progression bafflegab (mildly interesting).

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Some translated 4.3 notes. Eureka grind extended to 30 (ugh, fuck you and your level-boner JP), new area only relates to upgrading the weapon (can't say I'm surprised), new DD will be for leveling and getting a non-Relic weapon first 30 floors (as expected), new systems in Namazu beast tribes and some mobs in the new DD (believe it when I see it), Doman Reconstruction vendor visual progression bafflegab (mildly interesting).
    Least it's only a 10 level grind this time I guess.

Not gonna lie. I kind of like that Doman reconstruction thing.

Bit miffed we aren't gonna upgrade our Relic Armor. Was hoping for a big long chain alongside the weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Least it's only a 10 level grind this time I guess.

Not gonna lie. I kind of like that Doman reconstruction thing.

Bit miffed we aren't gonna upgrade our Relic Armor. Was hoping for a big long chain alongside the weapon.
    I'm curious if the Doman thing will go anywhere beyond that. They're adding a challenge log thing too for Eureka, which is helpful. Some are speculating the Relic Armor will upgrade again come the 4.4 strata of the xpac. We'll have to see. Personally I don't care cos I use Tomestone armor for my main job and all the others will sit static until next xpac when I just buy the previous top-end Tomestone stuff with Poetics to level again.

I made most of my Gil from endless hours running POTD and throwing all the junk it generated on the MB. I eventually got sick of managing it as I had little need for it and just vendor everything now. Still sitting on 50M ATM. I'm solidly in the lull, just logging in to do Daily Cactpot. I'll be glad for a return to the Hunt in gear upgrades, what new story we get with the MSQ and Namazu dailies, poke at the new Deep Dungeon and...endure Eureka some more.

I'd give you 10M for it if you were on XCal.
    what exactly are you selling from potd? Just V materia and... minons?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    what exactly are you selling from potd? Just V materia and... minons?
    I made a lot off the glamours too, back in the day. Might be more of a market for it now with Fashion Report, dunno. I imagine the next DD will generate some good Gil too, esp. for those pushing past 30 and whatever exclusive junk that'll spawn (assuming it's tradeable, which given the Midnight Pegasus from POTD seems likely). I have no idea how profitable POTD still is now, but if you're doing it to level, may as well try and make what you can from it.

Is the new dd being delayed too or is it only eureka?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Is the new dd being delayed too or is it only eureka?
    I'm not sure. Depends on if they'll drop it with the new Feast season or not. I suspect it'll come first and Pagos later, but we'll see.

I do not like it at all.
    I agree it's not that accessible at wish it were at least as easy to get the necessary gear as it was in Deltascape. I think part of it too is I've been lazy this tier and haven't really bothered to upgrade my gear/meld it all out to meet thresholds as our raid group who has some crafter friends who just supply us every week.

Granted if you have some seed money, you could probably buy the mats to make the gear/buy the gear outright for the next tier and essentially print money for the remainder of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some translated 4.3 notes. Eureka grind extended to 30 (ugh, fuck you and your level-boner JP)
    Indeed, so retarded. <_<
    Hopfully we can cheese it via FATE train again.

@ Casualty: Yeah, while crafting is fun, I do not like it enough to dump that kind of time into it. Thankfully I can farm the materials, so I can give everything to our raids crafter. If I continue to raid, that is. Still unsure about it.
    Progressing and downing O7s has been fun I'm just not sure whether I'll have the stamina to wipe at O8s for the next 3 months.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2018-05-17 at 05:38 PM.

Indeed, so retarded. <_<
    Hopfully we can cheese it via FATE train again.
    And the retardation continues. You won't be able to ride mounts in Pagos when you start. Fucking...uuuugh!