As usual the day i decide to log in and do some gaming the chaos duty finder is down and everyone is complaining on linkshells and chat about it... guess not gonna be doing anything tonight. Guess i could do my custom deliveries maybe.

Odd, i just finished doing an Orbonne run and had no issues, it must be data-center based, that or I just barely missed it

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Now that folks have been looking, it turns out that there's mention of these Hrothgar in almost every line of text that singles out a player's race in the French client. It could be junk data, but it turns up in so many places that unless it was just handled like a copy-paste job when adding Viera to the "racial identifier" code that it feels like there's more to it.
    It could just be a simple array error. Or an unused flag. Or Human error, copy pasting it to the string along with the Viera text. There's lots it might be, but without digging through the code myself I can't tell you what exactly it is. All I have to go on is the Else/If statements for the text strings in the screenshot you provided, not really enough to build a substantial picture.

Only way to know is to wait for next Fanfest.
    Or maybe even later. They're usually pretty good about dropping hints for upcoming content like that, and the fact that they haven't means they were wanting to either completely surprise everyone with it's announcement, or its an unplanned accident.

I'm not going to discount the idea of two new playable races in an expansion. I'm suggesting that we shouldn't all get hyped over the idea because some code slipped through the cracks - That alone isn't really indicative of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I'm not so sure. I cite Monster Hunter World as an example of a game that mechanically feels and plays like a game about "endless raids/dungeons". Leveling in this game is largely horizontal with minor vertical elements.
    Monster Hunter World, from watching footage of it - I've yet to actually play it, looks like the kind of thing I was getting at. Dark Souls too has similar elements, where you team up with Friends/Internet Strangers to take on huge boss fights.

Expanding on those two and going all the way up to 4-10 person content seems like it could be a good step forwards for MMORPG design. A potential MMO-Lite that focuses almost exclusively on that kind of PvE content, while removing everything else of what typically goes into an MMORPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I'll offer a PVP example. I look at For Honor as a PVP MMO that does a good job with this methodology. At its core it's just a fighting game, but it has progression systems like an RPG, and because it focuses so specifically on what it does and nothing else it's actually grown quite considerably since its release (like 2 years ago I think?).
    Which is why, I think, the idea has some merit to it. Having an incrediably narrow focus on doing just one thing well is a luxury that isn't afforded to typical MMORPGs. Without having to worry about appealing to PvPers, RPers and all the various other groups that make up an MMORPG, they're free to just keep making more dungeons, more bosses and so on.

It might be a more niche product, but it could very well excel within that niche.

most of the new relics look pretty bad. i'm just glad the SAM one looks like more than a generic katana + glow like the other ones were.

5+ Year Old Account
    Eureka is a pretty solid money maker. Even just through selling logograms...

Speaking of, it looks like people made a decent cut of Baldesion Armory.

Turns out Absolute Virtue isn't the last boss, Ozma is. And if you don't do the mechanic correctly It just flat out boots you from the raid with no fanfare. (spoilers in the link) FFXI at its finest.

Speaking of, it looks like people made a decent cut of Baldesion Armory.

Turns out Absolute Virtue isn't the last boss, Ozma is. And if you don't do the mechanic correctly It just flat out boots you from the raid with no fanfare. (spoilers in the link) FFXI at its finest.
    watching people progress through has been pretty entertaining so far. can't wait to get to 60 and try it out.

Red Mage relic done. Pretty easy steps.

First one is get 50 crystals.

Second is get 100.

Third is get another 100.

And last stage is get 100 plus 5 of the 60 fate mats.

There's another 405 stage but it just gives the weapon a Eureka only enchant so it doesn't affect the actual stats or anything. And you need to do the public dungeon for it.

hydatos is pretty good so far. map is more open and easier to navigate. leveling was fast again and had my relic halfway done when i hit 60. not sure i'm going to bother with BA so i'll probably just sell all my logograms again.

After seeing the final forms to all the relics i'm not even sure i cba to finish hydatos i think id rather spend my time finishing primal farming for blue mage skills and that says a lot. 2 of my best friends in game who have unlocked hydatos have already dropped it without completing it saying they wont go back in again as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yo, the final appearances certainly do not make me want to slog through Pagos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I still haven't touched Eureaka yet and I want the awesome MNK weapon.

Been a lazy gamer as of late, haven;t touched anything I've bought in the past 1.5 months. I get home and just play Hearthstone while listening to music/outrage videos or watching anime.

I shall be touching FFXIV and RE2:Re here again soon though.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Meh RDM one looks nice with job armor at least.

FYI valentiones day is extended to the 19th and theres a second secret vendor to get a gigas sword and tonberry knife not on the regular vendor that uses something other than the chocolate tokens, i put pictures on where and how to get them here: https://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot....-ails-you.html

I like these 'secret quest' kind of things and it reminded me a little of how you got jobs like DRK in FFXI. it would be nice to see more of this in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Monster Hunter World, from watching footage of it - I've yet to actually play it, looks like the kind of thing I was getting at. Dark Souls too has similar elements, where you team up with Friends/Internet Strangers to take on huge boss fights.
    MHW was a game that very pleasantly surprised me from beginning to end. I had one goal for this game. Beat Behemoth and get my Dragoon AF1 set and spear. In order to do that I had to beat the story first (like 40 hours of gameplay?). I thoroughly enjoyed nearly every second of it. Nevermind the fact that the Behemoth fight was FANTASTIC. 10/10 fantastic.

Now that I have my full set, I'm literally playing an action oriented version of a Dragoon, complete with jumps, leaps, twirling spear, etc. It feels EXACTLY how I always wanted a Dragoon to fight in FF. The only major criticism I have with the set is that the Kinsect of Midgardsormr is a slow one (slow ones feel crappy). If they swapped power and speed stats, it'd be perfect.

I'm a huge dark souls fan, but I always strictly play them offline and solo. I just like the experience that way. I love when I get a new one and I play late at night all alone just exploring crazy environments and bosses.

all done with my main weapon. can't decide which one i'll do next though.

I purposefully waited to start Stormblood until toward the end of the game so I could get all the patch content at once and it's kind of a rollercoaster for me. I'll use spoiler tags because I know there are some new comers.

I seem to be bouncing between not really caring about the narrative throughlines of liberating Ala Mhigo/Doma and instead just caring about the actual characters. I found the first few hours of helping out the Ala Mhigo refugees pretty boring but I absolutely loved when Zenos showed up and audibly gasped when he almost killed Y'shtola in a single hit (Also as a White Mage I got a really cool extra scene helping to heal her). And then with Doma, I kind of struggled, to be honest, to get through those initial quests of setting up your "base" with your crew in Kugane, but Yotsuyu is a very charismatic villain and I absolutely love (and sometimes am a bit frustrated) with Lyse's naivety and Alisaie being a pure badass is great. I do like Alphinaud's character a lot but having Alisaie with you instead is a nice change of pace.

I just finished Susano (Which, btw, as a healer was a nightmare of stress) but I think overall thusfar at this point in each expansion, I did like Heavensward more thusfar, but I'm not willing whatsoever to judge Stormblood as a whole yet, I'm just hoping I get a bit more of those character moments which I seem to be caring more vs the overarching "liberation" storyline.

Oh and the White Mage questline in Stormblood is brilliant and far more engaging than Heavensward, discovering a hidden Padjal that's just been living outside of the care of the rest in Gridania is really interesting and a big plot point to me based on how rare they are in this universe. I haven't finished it yet (I'm 67), but I really like it so far.

Also Gosetsu is great.
    Last edited by Necroxis; 2019-02-16 at 10:52 AM.

I really don't want to link this here but.......

This is the biggest load of tripe I've ever seen. Yes I'm aware that this Youtuber does this kind of crap for clicks but talk about blowing the whole situation flat out of proportion. I mean it's bad enough he was doing it for WoW now he has to do it for this game?

It's because of garbage clickbait like this that some people may not want to pick up the game. Hope he just sticks to WoW in the future.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-02-16 at 11:23 AM.

Heelvsbabyface is if a screaming toddler became an adult with the same mental capacity and temperament.

I dont even need to watch the video to know its bullshit. Why? Because between the multitude of people I know personally who play it, the multitude of places with FF14 news that I follow, and the frequency that I visit fan forums about the game I haven't heard about it a single time.

But in general you can assume if Heelvsbabyface is whining about it, it's a nonissue.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post
    Heelvsbabyface is if a screaming toddler became an adult with the same mental capacity and temperament.

I dont even need to watch the video to know its bullshit. Why? Because between the multitude of people I know personally who play it, the multitude of places with FF14 news that I follow, and the frequency that I visit fan forums about the game I haven't heard about it a single time.

But in general you can assume if Heelvsbabyface is whining about it, it's a nonissue.
    The only reason the prohibited actions had changes was for 2 reasons.

1. Harassment on over the top topics was getting out of hand as of late. And let's not deny there are things that are pretty sick to say to someone even online.
    2. It's to avoid anyone trying to get out of it with loopholes.

I just hate people like Az. They blow whatever the current critique/issue is out of proportion so they can further their channel and there are sadly people who eat that up. It's bad enough he goes around doing it with WoW but seriously now he's doing it with this game?