Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    What is more likely is that Jaime is going on a suicide mission to stop Cersei and said what he did to Brienne to lessen the blow. This is actually the only storyline I have hope will get a satisfying ending. Kill that bitch, Jaime.
    Nope, he's going to King's Landing to save her.

According to the leaks that predicted Missandei's beheading, Rhaegal being shot down and many other things from this episode, Jaime will get captured trying to get to Cersei. Then Tyrion will free him in an attempt to get both Jaime and Cersei out of the city. This is likely what gets Tyrion arrested. On the way to Cersei, Jaime will fight Euron and get mortally wounded. As he gets to Cersei, she is already dying - most likely killed by Arya. Then they both die in each other's arms. This is most likely the final scene of the next episode, imo.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2019-05-06 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post

According to the leaks that predicted Missandei's beheading, Rhaegal being shot down and many other things from this episode, Jaime will get captured trying to get to Cersei. Then Tyrion will free him in an attempt to get both Jaime and Cersei out of the city. This is likely what gets Tyrion arrested. On the way to Cersei, Jaime will fight Euron and get mortally wounded. As he gets to Cersei, she is already dying - most likely killed by Arya. Then they both die in each other's arms. This is most likely the final scene of the next episode, imo.
    fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck this if it's true.

10+ Year Old Account

They're really going to rob me of Jaime killing Cersei, just so Quasimodo can get another kill she has no right to, aren't they?

Thank you for the spoiler tag on future episodes. Apparently some of them are quite on point. I appreciate it, I don't want to know anything ahead of time.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    They've literally just faced literal fucking Death, and Dany was an integral part of it. She knows Dany loves Jon, and Jon loves her. Maybe they're going for a set up where her inability to trust people is her downfall, but at this point it feels like Sansa is making it out of this one happy and alive.

I've known a lot of women in my life. I've also known a lot of powerful women, too. And when they become powerful, they don't act like petty schoolgirls like this shit. This is schoolyard nonsense.

Edit: Jon made an actually good point to her, before he spilled the beans like the jackass he is: if you only trust the people you grew up with, you won't have many alliances. Arya-the-robot brushed that question aside in her emo-loner manner, but it should certainly apply to Sansa as the Lady of Winterfell.
    Sansa has bred into her character at this point a reason to distrust anyone not in her family or that she truly knows. One example of this was not trusting Brienne when she first introduced herself. She also has said that men in love do stupid things, so Jon telling her he trusts her means little. As for Tyrion, I think her trust in his judgement has taken a severe hit, as per her conversation with him regarding trusting Cersei, and the line of "I used to think you were the cleverest man I knew". I totally get this coming from her. She is all about the North ruling themselves and I don't see her changing that anytime soon pending what happens in the last couple episodes.

10+ Year Old Account
    A few notes:

3) ...Jon doesn't think strategically for a moment...

3) Jaime better be out to kill Cersei from this moment. It'll not be okay if he goes back crawling to her on his knees, and she rejects him and he rages out and kills her or something. For him to think for a moment that Cersei is the one for him is a complete reversal of his arc.

4) Sansa unreasonably distrusts Dany, which sets off in motion this whole conflict. Two people she absolutely values the opinion of (Jon and Tyrion) vouch for her, yet she's a petty bitch for no reason...

5) The whole scene with Rhaegal dying is dumb as shit.
    A) First off, why are they splitting up? I would think Dany flying down the King's Road would gather more support to her cause than anything else. Plus, they know it'll separate their forces by weeks, though I have to wonder why it'll take Jon 2 weeks to get to KL (a journey which took 3 months in s1, btw), and somehow boats jetpack up and down the coast no problem. These are like, basic D&D rules: don't split the party.
    B) The whole Iron Fleet hid behind some rocks, and no one noticed? It's open water, and a calm day. And somehow the first 3 ballista shots were perfect, then a whole bunch missed? That should be a highly inaccurate weapon, like........all ranged weapons over distance?
    C) Dany can't circle behind them and roast them? Those ballistas don't look like they can rotate, and even if they could, they'd have to shoot past their own mast and sails.
    D) Ballistas can take down ships? Man, I wonder how they engineered ballistas with that much force per square foot, yet they can instantly be reloaded and fired again, as if they're fucking sniper rifles. Most crossbow-esque weapons required winding them with a physical tool to get the tension of the bowstring taut enough to drive a bolt that hard. Of course, these ballistas don't even seem to be working on a bow mechanism. I guess you can dismiss this as "fantasy ballistas" but it was weird seeing them all fire so rapidly and accurately...

5) The "mad Dany" arc is pretty obvious at this point. I guess that's their "bittersweet" ending. I'm glad Varys gave voice to the "reluctant King" idea, but I hope to shit people don't think that's brilliant writing or anything, since the idea of the philosopher-king has been expounded on since Plato, and Marcus Aurelius outright said "The best emperor is the one who doesn't want to be emperor."...
    I agree about Jon--he is honest and makes decisions often by his emotions, which causes him some serious problems.

At first, I was puzzled by what seemed like a complete 180 on character development with Jaime. The after-the-show commentary by D&D indicated that he's addicted to her, which drives him back. If that is the case, well...then I guess it's a philosophical commentary that no one can ever change.

I think Sansa's reason for breaking her promise to Jon is that she doesn't trust Dany and would rather Jon be king. I'm not sure what to think about her telling Tyrion, however.

The death of Raeghal and the ballistas struck me as foolish and absurd. You're still at war; why did no one scout? Why not stop along the way to gather more troops and resources? How were the ships even missed while in the air? Why not try to come at them from behind and see if they can spin?

I thought of Aurelius' quote about the reluctant king, too. This whole season, Dany has seemed on edge, prone to anger and righteousness and so focused on getting the throne that she has become (or will become) the tyrant that she says she is not.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a bad show, no. It's still entertaining and has great cinematography. The problem is that, for a lot of us, it was more than that. Its story avoided most fantasy tropes and cliches and gave a dark, dreary, "realistic" take on a fantasy world. It has lost that part of it, now. It's a show with high production value and is better than most things on television, but it lost what made it truly great. I want to love it, but I am nothing bitter towards what it has become because it just isn't the same.

So yes, many people are negative and I get that it's annoying for people who are enjoying it. But this has been such a big part of my life, that I have invested so many years into, that I can't just not express myself.
    I agree with all that, but it's been this way since s5, and I've made my peace with that how it is now. To me, it's still the greatest tv show, being attached to characters helps with that of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't believe until I see it.

If true, then they must seriously be writing this shit to piss all over GRRM or something. Or they're really just that incompetent as writers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Well, I thought it was gripping when Rhaegal died. It took me a few moments to comprehend it. Then when Missandei died and you saw the fire in Dany's eyes, you knew the wrath of hell was coming down on Cersei. I really wanted Tormund to join up with Brienne, because the two could create a child worthy of a spinoff. Two battle-hardened warriors both well over six feet tall, but I guess Tormund is too unruly to be a good match. Anyway, as you can maybe tell, I just enjoy the show for whatever faults it might have. Whatever direction the show goes in I just enjoy it as it comes. I try not to pick apart too much, just enjoy the story they're trying to tell.
    Thanks, Dacien. Tormund is one of my favorites in the show; he cracks me up. Great actor!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Someone finally brings up the main part. That made me sad, and the look Ghost gave him It's for the best though... Tormund will treat him better! That's the spin off we truly need.

Agree with all your other comments as well, apart from what they are making Dany out to be. To me she has not changed, she is just doing it now to characters people know more. But they are indeed making it look like she will go mad... Hopefully just some misdirection to the audience.
    I feel like every character we know will have their fate decided by the end, good or bad. I'm glad that Ghost got a good ending.

I hope that's not true. Fucking Arya again, jesus...

Quote Originally Posted by Isilrien View Post
    I think Sansa's reason for breaking her promise to Jon is that she doesn't trust Dany and would rather Jon be king. I'm not sure what to think about her telling Tyrion, however.
    I actually have no problem with Sansa telling Tyrion. The mistake was with Jon. Sansa telling Tyrion is a move to get what she wants. Even if she trusted Dany and thought she was great, once she finds out about Jon, she's bound to prefer him on the throne than her. She trusts him more, and, conversely, it gives her more power because she'd be the cousin of the King and probably the Warden in the North (which looks like her end storyline at this point anyways, when Jon is forced to kill Dany).

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I really hope this is wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    As a woman, I feel like that's one of the more realistic elements of the season, because that's how we act towards each other. For no reason, other than perhaps sensing competition.
    As a woman, I respectfully disagree. I've seen other women act this way, so I see your point, but not all women act this way.

I won't believe until I see it.

If true, then they must seriously be writing this shit to piss all over GRRM or something. Or they're really just that incompetent as writers.
    Yeah, I honestly cannot believe it's true. That would be.....horrific storytelling. I don't research or look into leaks, but I don't mind them. And if these guys have been this accurate on their leaks so far - man, idk. That's fucking dire.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually have no problem with Sansa telling Tyrion. The mistake was with Jon. Sansa telling Tyrion is a move to get what she wants. Even if she trusted Dany and thought she was great, once she finds out about Jon, she's bound to prefer him on the throne than her. She trusts him more, and, conversely, it gives her more power because she'd be the cousin of the King and probably the Warden in the North (which looks like her end storyline at this point anyways, when Jon is forced to kill Dany).
    Hmmm. Interesting idea. Thanks for sharing.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a woman, I feel like that's one of the more realistic elements of the season, because that's how we act towards each other. For no reason, other than perhaps sensing competition.
    I gotta say, if we're going on petty things like looks, Dany definitely is a challenger. But it's probably not that; or even some other idea of competition. I think Sansa just has some sort of PTSD and lack of ability to trust anymore. Dany looks like a two faced woman hungry for power.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess you could say Sansa finally learned how to play the Game of Thrones. plzdonthammerme

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BarelyLegalBear View Post
    I guess you could say Sansa finally learned how to play the Game of Thrones. plzdonthammerme
    Hah. Touche, sir. (Love the tiny font. Reminds me of a Terry Pratchett book where he uses a tiny font when a character says, "Oh shit." Made me laugh back then, and this font size made me laugh now.)

To further speak on this point: Sansa's arc, if anything, should drive her to be at least outwardly warm and embracing of Dany, if she learned anything from LF. She's not acting rational, and she's not acting sneaky. She's acting traumatized. Which can be a legitimate character arc, except she doesn't lash out at everyone, just Dany. The writers are trying to claim she's this powerful woman "playing the game" except she's playing the game so poorly that everyone can see her distrustfulness of Dany.

That can only pay off if her shitty play of the "game of thrones" destroys her, but, like I said, it feels like she's set up to get her happy ending from these writers.