A side-note:
    I noticed something odd when Daenerys unveiled her banner in front of her troops - to me it was similar to the fiery pattern on the wall where a human was hung for sacrifice in an earlier episode.

Am I mistaken, or is there something to this?

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    A side-note:
    I noticed something odd when Daenerys unveiled her banner in front of her troops - to me it was similar to the fiery pattern on the wall where a human was hung for sacrifice in an earlier episode.

Am I mistaken, or is there something to this?
    If you are referring to the Night King's message with the Umber kid, don't think too much about it. The Night King certainly isn't a Targaryen or anything silly like that.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

It took until the last season for people to realize these writers are shit? GoT was so full of fantasy cliches by the 4th season. I’m glad I decided to stop watching it to save myself the disappointment all the fans seem to be experiencing right now.

I feel for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Byuiso View Post
    I don't think Sansa is much different than Bran. She has been obsessed with power and authority since we met her she doesn't seem interested in doing anything unless it benefits her(to feed her thirst for power) even under her own brother's reign. The only difference is she learned how to be deceptive and cunning from Littlefinger which means nothing under Bran's reign because he can see all.

Master of War seemed pointless to me because if someone threatened the kingdoms Bran could win any war, always.
    I think the lesson of GoT is that many want to lead but not all are suited for it. Whether Sansa secretly lusted for the throne or not, she has done a pretty good job in the North.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    It took until the last season for people to realize these writers are shit? GoT was so full of fantasy cliches by the 4th season. I’m glad I decided to stop watching it to save myself the disappointment all the fans seem to be experiencing right now.

I feel for you guys.
    Shame on you, you missed Hardhome which was pretty much amongst the top 3 episodes of the show.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I had a feeling that it had something to do with GRRM and overall costs. They made some big CGI cuts for that reason.

Also I saw an interview with Peter Dinklage, in the interview they asked him if there's anything he'll miss about the show and in front of the show's creators was like, "nope ready to move on" lol. He strikes me as a little drama queen, saw he was moved to first actor listed instead of alphabetical order a few seasons ago. Sounds to me like at least 1-2 actors are being a handful, two other actors dated and it ended badly and therefore refused to be in a scene together the whole series lol. Fuck I'd hate dealing with so many massive egos...
    I have that issue with Kit Harrington. He's been a whiny crybutt about shooting with heavy jackets on in the snow for YEARS now - about how hard the show is and about how he's ready for it to end. Years ago he started in on this.

Really soured me on that actor. Same with Harrison Ford actually.

I appreciate you may not like the physicality of a roll. But you're being PAID a LOT of money and are on a SUCCESSFUL, long running, tv show. STFU and do your job and be appreciative of how lucky you are. Serve him right if he gets 10 years of bit parts now, after all the complaining he's done. I have no positive vibes for that actor anymore.

I liked Dinklage long before GoT (if no one has ever watched his seasons of Nip/Tuck - he's awesome) and he's (been in the past) a pretty standup guy when it comes to his roles and the fans. I mean he's done a few joke-castings as well. I don't begrudge any actor the, "its been awhile and I'm ready to move on" - that's fine; and we don't know right now how much of his response does (or does not) have to do with how the whole thing panned out.

But at least he's not whining like Kit has been since Season 5... LOL.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Seriously?

The Night King doesn't even exist in the books. It was a tv show creation.... so thanks for that, i guess?
    You are not reading his post correctly. The first sentence is a reply to the post he's quoting, which is talking about how the NK/WWs aren't a threat. He's acknowledging your point that they don't exist in the books. His second sentence then suggests that the SHOW built them up to be the most massive threat in the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Byuiso View Post
    I honestly can't stand they did a time-skip in between Jon killing Dany and Tyrions sentencing. This goes to it being rushed but I feel like the show needed to show the immediate fall out to Jon killing Dany. I don't like that it was not discussed at all that Jon was the king, whether he liked it or not and he had all the authority to end Dany whether Grey Worm liked it or not. It definitely should have been brought up in the Dragonpit and it wasn't. What was the point in bringing up Jon's lineage? To facilitate Dany's descent into madness? What a wasted plot point to not be address considering how huge the ramifications were regarding it. Dany's turn has been handled terribly and her justifications for killing children was very poor and not within her character for the last 7 seasons. You all can say Dany has clearly shown she has a sadistic side to her but children were always off-limits to her.
    The writers had no clue how to resolve the situation so they used a writers last resort.
    Simply skip ahead in the story and ignore the problem.

The entire point of that skip is because D&D had no fucking clue how to resolve the Dothraki + Unsullied discovering that Dany just got murdered.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly? It seems to be an unpopular opinion, but I quite liked that finalé.

It could have been better, yes. Honestly, we deserved SO much better... But given the quality of the last two seasons, I honestly think this is about as good as we could have expected to get.

Dany can fuck off, she was always mad as shit.
    Jon can fuck off too, he'd have been an awful king. He's far better off in the Night Watch, with Ghost.
    Brann will ALSO be an awful King, but in a different, more acceptable way, so he was probably the best of a bad selection.
    Sansa continued to be a cunt, no surprise there.
    Arya fucked off to be a pirate. Yeah, sure. Why not! Better than her marrying Gendry, or going back to the Faceless Men.
    Tyrion suffers in silence as the new Hand. Not unexpected, tbh.
    Greyworm fucked off to Naath, not a single fuck was given by anyone.
    Bronn became head of coin, and will no doubt be shit, plunging the 6 kingdoms into ungodly levels of debt.

Everyone else basically died. Boo fucking Hoo.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    Zero sense Bron as Lord of the Reach.

Also Zero sens that Jon is an exile now.

He is the true heir! the King! his decision was to execute Danaerys!

Ok he was prisoner but the unsullied are gone and dead by the butterflies in Naath.
    Pretty much everything about just that one thing alone, the consequences of John killing Daenerys, made zero sense.

How did anyone know she died? There's no proof. She talked a lot about breaking wheels. Maybe she torched the throne and took off on a long-awaited vacation. Presumably, John being the nice guy he is, told the Unsullied right outside, "Yo, I killed the queen."

... and then why didn't that Unsullied immediately gut him? Why did they lock him up and await orders? These people worshipped Daenerys like a walking god because she freed them. Who would Gray Worm even wait for orders from? With John imprisoned and Tyrion a traitor, Gray Worm is basically the guy in charge. I know they don't have balls, but that should be strictly a literal thing.

Why is John exiled to the North? He's the rightful heir. Everyone there knows it. Politically, he just removed an usurper. After him, there's still one other guy who has a stronger claim to the throne before it can be voted to King Cripple - Gendry. You know, the kid that was hunted for at least 4 seasons because of his having a stronger claim to the throne than the people currently on it.

But why the North? What the fuck's at the wall? Everyone there knows there's nothing to guard against anymore, because just about everyone there witnessed it being destroyed firsthand. They know John's BFFs with the only other thing living up there.

But back to Gray Worm the Teleporting Wizard, why does he accept this? He also knows there's not shit up there. He knows John's got fans up there. So the killer of his godqueen gets to go be Lord of Norther North and he's cool with that?

And the worst part is that all of this probably will be in the books and will make sense because Martin will put important establishing information in there. But the writers of this show suck hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    Shame on you, you missed Hardhome which was pretty much amongst the top 3 episodes of the show.
    I gave the show a chance to entertain me at least!

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I think as Alt Shift X pointed out, Bran being King made sense because they just needed someone to sit in a throne while the others really ruled for him (Tyrion and gang). And Bran was unaffected by greed, disloyalty, sex/love, etc, so he kinda does make the perfect ruler.
    Except Tyrion didn't want to be hand, so that wasn't his plan. Nor could he have expected to be, since he was literally in chains at the moment. He, at best, wanted his freedom. He wanted to fuck off.

Also: paralyzed people can have sex and have kids. I don't know where this came from, just because Sansa said it. Has there never been a paralyzed person in Westeros?

Also: If Bran was scheming to get the throne, if he knew it was his and that's why he came down, he seems like he is affected by greed and wanting personal power. He's always wanted to fly, as Tyrion said in his speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Pretty much everything about just that one thing alone, the consequences of John killing Daenerys, made zero sense.

How did anyone know she died? There's no proof. She talked a lot about breaking wheels. Maybe she torched the throne and took off on a long-awaited vacation. Presumably, John being the nice guy he is, told the Unsullied right outside, "Yo, I killed the queen."

... and then why didn't that Unsullied immediately gut him? Why did they lock him up and await orders? These people worshipped Daenerys like a walking god because she freed them. Who would Gray Worm even wait for orders from? With John imprisoned and Tyrion a traitor, Gray Worm is basically the guy in charge. I know they don't have balls, but that should be strictly a literal thing.

Why is John exiled to the North? He's the rightful heir. Everyone there knows it. Politically, he just removed an usurper. After him, there's still one other guy who has a stronger claim to the throne before it can be voted to King Cripple - Gendry. You know, the kid that was hunted for at least 4 seasons because of his having a stronger claim to the throne than the people currently on it.

But why the North? What the fuck's at the wall? Everyone there knows there's nothing to guard against anymore, because just about everyone there witnessed it being destroyed firsthand. They know John's BFFs with the only other thing living up there.

But back to Gray Worm the Teleporting Wizard, why does he accept this? He also knows there's not shit up there. He knows John's got fans up there. So the killer of his godqueen gets to go be Lord of Norther North and he's cool with that?

And the worst part is that all of this probably will be in the books and will make sense because Martin will put important establishing information in there. But the writers of this show suck hard.
    In regards to the Night's Watch, Tyrion says they still need a place for broken unwanted things. So now the Night's Watch is just a penal colony up in the frozen north.

lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Isn't the actual ending what GRRM would have written? So the conclusions were set in stone but the lead up to it questionable?
    I have doubts about this. D&D literally admitted after episode 3 that "Jon would have been the obvious one" to kill the NK, and they wanted to defy that, so they picked Arya. That doesn't sound, to me, like they're following the outline of GRRM.

I bet GRRM's outline was like 3 sentences:

1) Dany does all this crazy shit to get the throne, including heinous shit. She goes mad.
    2) Jon is honorbound to kill her.
    3) .............?

Like, the dude hasn't even started writing a Dream of Spring, which is the material episodes 4-6 covered. I'm not sure Bran will end up in the throne in KL, considering his story so far in the books.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alach View Post
    See the rating the last episode has got on imdb? I mean ouch!
    I enjoyed it, yeah it could have been a lot better, but no way was it the worst thing that could have happened. I still wonder how so many dothraki riding horses are around after seeing all the 'torches snuffed' back in ep 3.
    D&D kinda forgot all the dothraki were dead

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    omg when he popped up with the song of ice and fire book I thought that was a bloody joke.
    I laughed at his saying The Imp "isn't mentioned..."

And I laugh at the memes talking about how even Sam is faster at writing books than GRRM...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    At least Ghost finally got his chin scratches.
    Saw that and literally said, out loud, "FINALLY! The fans can be OK now, Ghost finally got his pats!" =D

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Can you spell spinoff series!?
    I WISH!

The only spinoff series I'd be interested in right now! I wanna see what gets uncovered in the unknown West!
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post

I want to think the Unsullied didnt kill him because they wanted to negotiate...but there wasnt any kind of negotiation....they just left...maybe the ships? maybe leave peacefully? but iam just overthinking something that wasnt in the chapter.

On the other hand, Greyworm CANT WAIT to kill Lannister prisoners but the KILLER OF HER QUEEN can wait? He teleports from being furious and impulsive to be patient and strategic. And yes, Greyworm and Arya are teleporting wizards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Btw when did Ghost lose an ear? I'm assuming during the battle against the dead but could have sworn he still had both when Jon said goodbye to head to KL. Will need to rewatch to confirm but cannot atm.

At last, it ends. This was not worth two years wait. So many plotholes until the very end, so many illogical things.
    At least visually the episode was awesome, as were the previous ones. But writing.... well, not like I can say anything new that others haven't said. I really hope that both Dicks have a long talk about their careers.
    The king is dead, long live the king.
    P.S.
    Resurrection plot? xD

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Btw when did Ghost lose an ear? I'm assuming during the battle against the dead but could have sworn he still had both when Jon said goodbye to head to KL. Will need to rewatch to confirm but cannot atm.
    During goodbye he already was without it.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I have doubts about this. D&D literally admitted after episode 3 that "Jon would have been the obvious one" to kill the NK, and they wanted to defy that, so they picked Arya. That doesn't sound, to me, like they're following the outline of GRRM.

I bet GRRM's outline was like 3 sentences:

1) Dany does all this crazy shit to get the throne, including heinous shit. She goes mad.
    2) Jon is honorbound to kill her.
    3) .............?

Like, the dude hasn't even started writing a Dream of Spring, which is the material episodes 4-6 covered. I'm not sure Bran will end up in the throne in KL, considering his story so far in the books.
    For what its worth. GRRM couldn't tell them who kills the NK because the NK as such doesn't exist in the books.