5+ Year Old Account
    Look at the dark rangers face it’s scarred. So mostly likely undead.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    That isn't drawn, those are the in-game models.

They just put them side by side and someone just put the DR unit in there.
    Well, im not sure if that is a sketch representing the model or an ingame model.
    But if it is a picture of the unit, it is even a bigger proof about it.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2019-08-05 at 07:01 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    But if it is a picture of the unit, it is even a bigger proof about it.
    What?

All it proofs is that the DR hero is gonna available, which we knew from the beginning on as they existed back in WC3.
    I mean honestly, Sylvanas says hi.

Formerly known as Arafal

What?

All it proofs is that the DR hero is gonna available, which we knew from the beginning on as they existed back in WC3.
    Since when are dark rangers pink skinned, though? I really don't get how everyone can just accept that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Since when are dark rangers pink skinned, though? I really don't get how everyone can just accept that.

They changed the art style to be more realistic, they pretty much just chose the cgi depiction of Sylvanas as reference.

The character in the picture is clearly undead.
    Red eyes, scars on face point that out, typical DR features.

It makes 0 sense that the unit is a night elven one.

Formerly known as Arafal

What?

I'm not understanding your point.

Yes, dark rangers existed as Sylvanas and as those mercenary heros you could pay. They never were night elves.

In BfA 8.1 the night elf dark rangers were introduced in the darkshore warfront.

In warcraft 3 reforged, suddenly a night elf dark ranger appears in the night elf racial group picture.... and after a while it is removed.

The issue is it could be an easter egg or spoiler about 9.0 regarding night elf dark rangers.

[IMG]
    They changed the art style to be more realistic, they pretty much just chose the cgi depiction of Sylvanas as reference.
    Perhaps it's just me, but I really don't see those skins being similar at all. The one in the screenshot with the other night elven units looks markedly similar to the skins that we can pick in wow for our night elves, Sylvanas' CGI appearance feels nearly white. Like her old wc3 skin.

Edit: although to be fair, in wc3 it's an almost white blue, not an almost white pink.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are really reaching for straws in thinking that model indicates a Dark Ranger class in WoW or it hinting at ANYTHING related to WoW. My guess is that it's likely Shandris' model since she originally had a recolored ranger model. That would make sense why it was put in the Night Elf picture as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelthos View Post
    People are really reaching for straws in thinking that model indicates a Dark Ranger class in WoW or it hinting at ANYTHING related to WoW. My guess is that it's likely Shandris' model since she originally had a recolored ranger model. That would make sense why it was put in the Night Elf picture as well.
    No no no, obviously it means that Sylvanas joins the night elves in 9.0 and becomes the next Dark ranger Priestess of Elune!

/s

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Kelthos View Post
    REPOSTING (see last page):

Mod confirmed to be a Dark Ranger

7+ Year Old Account
    We know it's a dark ranger but there is no hard proof it's a night elf

Like jesus you people are grasping at straws even with all the evidence against them possibly being night elves

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post

Like jesus you people are grasping at straws even with all the evidence against them being night elves
    This is the last repost i'm doing. Take it the way you (and all the others) want it:

This was about the Night Elf racial theme

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post

Like jesus you people are grasping at straws even with all the evidence against them being night elves
    What evidence, besides the fact that they weren't a thing in wc3? there is no hard proof in either direction.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    they weren't a thing in wc3?
    And that somehow isn't enough?

Again, they literally changed the picture, it was a mistake.
    And even if it was intentional, people would've slapped them until they corrected it.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2019-08-05 at 07:19 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

And that somehow isn't enough?

Again, they literally changed the picture, it was a mistake.
    And even if it was intentional, people would've slapped them until they corrected it.
    Well, the fact that whether a mistake or not, the picture exists is one piece of evidence in the opposite direction, as is the fact that they have indeed stated that they are changing things in order to better fit wow and it is certainly not unthinkable that they would add a little piece of retcon to justify something that they want to sell in the current lore.

Whether they change of mind in the future because they realize what a fucking stupid idea night elven dark rangers in wc3 would be is irrelevant to the topic of there haivng been such a concept at one point.

If the mistake was simply putting the oddly pink colored dark ranger in the picture with the other night elven units, I don't see why that blue wouldn't have specified that in the forum post, instead of only saying that it is a dark ranger and not a ranger.

Those are the pieces of evidence that I see for there being a night elven dark ranger concept for wc3 reforged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't look like a Dark Ranger to me and until its said as such, I'll wait until confirmation.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I think it's possible for them to un-spaghetti the code. Problem is it'd likely be the main focus of an expansion so that means no shiny new feature like Islands, or Artifacts, or Garrisons. Not that I think the playerbase left after those fiascos would mind.

Well if I were them I would give the un-spaghetti job to a whole bunch of interns and let them deal with it till 2-3 expansions roll out. It's not like they aren't aware that the code is old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Look at the dark rangers face it’s scarred. So mostly likely undead.
    Or plot twist: They actually are Night Elf Dark Rangers and those Assassins from that one Thrall and Saurfang CG video were actually Night Elves ordered by Tyrande to execute Saurfang as revenge for Darnassus because she didn't know his escape was orchestrated by Anduin and the model reveal spoils it. They purposely hid their ears in the video to throw the viewer off and it would re-contextualize the attack entirely from our first impressions if it were true.

Likelihood is low but the assassins in the video didn't show any exposed bone on their bodies and appear similar to the leaked model. Though it also requires the Blizzard writers to actually be interested in writing good story developments subtly rather than straight up exposition dumping what is going to happen next or poorly setting up things as they have been throughout BfA.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Have you seen the quality of that drawing? Why would Blizzard would do a drawing mistake like that...

The only mistake i think they might have done was releasing it too soon, because of... well, spoilers i guess?
    Okay. Let us suppose it IS a NE Dark Ranger. Why would it be in WCIII? Night Elf Dark Rangers didn't show up in lore till BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Okay. Let us suppose it IS a NE Dark Ranger. Why would it be in WCIII? Night Elf Dark Rangers didn't show up in lore till BfA.
    Blizzard teasing their playerbase with these kind of secret reveals .. which could be about WOW 9.0

They already used hearthstone for this in the past