According to Der Spiegel, the G7 foreign ministers haven't been able to agree on a joint statement because of Pompeo's insistence it refer to #coronavirus as the "Wuhan virus". Pompeo did not deny that this morning - said G7 don't agree on everything

https://t.co/hizImEAtnK
    https://twitter.com/julianborger/sta...703101444?s=19

Ahh, holding up the G7 in order to race bait.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

How small minded does one have to be, let's delay coordinated action over this. One would think action against this virus takes priority over dealing with China. Who is still sending aid to European nations.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

"What the fuck, why isn't the world as racist as we are?"

I can only imagine this will work wonders for the already beleaguered State Department staff.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Looks like Schumer's office confirmed overnight that there were provisions that no member of Congress or the White House could benefit from the 500 billion, or their immediate family/relatives/in-laws. Looks like Trump is getting nothing. Kudos.

Schumer also personally called out and praised Senator Warren for writing the anti-corruption parts of the deal. I wish people had actually voted for her for President.
    Bullshit rule that no one will enforce.

the fact that boeing jumped up so much in the last few days when no one knew exactly what was going to be in the bill for them shows it.
    now they are one of the few companies specifically mentioned in the bill and getting their own bucket of funds.

I would love to know who brought boeing in the past week and their ties to the senate
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    Cant get into race relations. Against forum policy learned that the hard way. I voted for my gun rights though yes, I believed the left wanted to go to far.
    Ah we cant get to know how you REALLY feel because the PC mods might ban your very articulate race related opinions.

yikes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Bullshit rule that no one will enforce.

the fact that boeing jumped up so much in the last few days when no one knew exactly what was going to be in the bill for them shows it.
    now they are one of the few companies specifically mentioned in the bill and getting their own bucket of funds.

I would love to know who brought boeing in the past week and their ties to the senate
    Boeing has always had ties to the US government. It's a major strategic asset. I even pointed out to Skroe last week that I doubted it would drop down much further than a hundred (pulled the trigger at 96) because of how important it is to the US, especially since it has no true domestic competitor and only one foreign competitor. If I had to pick three major parts of the economy that will get bailed out no matter what, it would be health insurance, banks, and boeing.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    Ah we cant get to know how you REALLY feel because the PC mods might ban your very articulate race related opinions.

yikes.
    No Im just not taking chances anymore. I like debating with yall about stuff but im not entertaining any response to anything outside of the forums limits.

10+ Year Old Account
    No Im just not taking chances anymore. I like debating with yall about stuff but im not entertaining any response to anything outside of the forums limits.
    Darn those forums for preventing indecent and hateful topics, the worst, truly.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    For those interested, here is another poll showing the approval rating of Trump's handing of the Coronavirus issue in the US......https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gal...mp-coronavirus

President Trump's approval numbers are as high as they've ever been throughout his presidency as he deals with the coronavirus outbreak, according to the latest Gallup poll.

The poll shows 60 percent of Americans approve of the president's handling of his actions to combat the virus. That includes 94 percent of Republicans and 60 percent of Independents, while just 27 percent of Democrats approve of the president's handling of the outbreak.

Meanwhile, his overall job approval is at 49 percent, which is tied for the highest he has ever been when polled by Gallup. Trump jumped 5 points in the tracking poll from earlier this month.

Gallup is the latest poll to favor the president amid the coronavirus outbreak. ABC News and CBS News had him at 53 percent job approval over his handling of the crisis, while Monmouth University had him at 50 percent.
    Trump might be polling well with his handling of the coronavirus, but it looks like overall people are saying the efforts to combat the coronavirus are going badly.

Poll: Most Americans say efforts to combat coronavirus 'going badly'

I'm "glad" the stimulus bill didn't include too many employee protections, because my company announced an hour after the bill's details started coming out that all employees would take a 15% pay reduction during the duration of this crisis. The people at the top will take a bigger reduction, but all of them will continue making at least a few million dollars. This company spent a quarter of a billion dollars buying back stock last year.

Fuck everyone involved. I don't even have the capacity to vent this much rage. I'm supporting a family, they're supporting a yacht.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    I'm "glad" the stimulus bill didn't include too many employee protections, because my company announced an hour after the bill's details started coming out that all employees would take a 15% pay reduction during the duration of this crisis. The people at the top will take a bigger reduction, but all of them will continue making at least a few million dollars. This company spent a quarter of a billion dollars buying back stock last year.

Fuck everyone involved. I don't even have the capacity to vent this much rage. I'm supporting a family, they're supporting a yacht.
    I honestly believe modern “elite” and wealthy people think that a modern French Revolution can not occur.

One day some poor broken person or persons are going to snap and hunt them down.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Darn those forums for preventing indecent and hateful topics, the worst, truly.
    I mean, it's cute that it thinks it was debating.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    Trump might be polling well with his handling of the coronavirus, but it looks like overall people are saying the efforts to combat the coronavirus are going badly.

Poll: Most Americans say efforts to combat coronavirus 'going badly'
    THAT is very interesting.

There is a phenomenon in approval ratings in which during a "crisis" the "leader's" approval goes up, no matter what. So Trump's approval going up is not a surprise, whatsoever.

However, if the U.S. continues to fuck up their response, and [when] the body bags start piling up, people are going to want to blame someone.

That poll saying it's already going badly does not bode well for Trump in the long run. Like the long run to November.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    THAT is very interesting.

There is a phenomenon in approval ratings in which during a "crisis" the "leader's" approval goes up, no matter what. So Trump's approval going up is not a surprise, whatsoever.

However, if the U.S. continues to fuck up their response, and [when] the body bags start piling up, people are going to want to blame someone.

That poll saying it's already going badly does not bode well for Trump in the long run. Like the long run to November.
    In 2 weeks when we have 1k deaths in the US per day people will change their tune.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    In 2 weeks when we have 1k deaths in the US per day people will change their tune.
    As long as the "right" people die most people won't give a shit

Only recent thing I can think to compare it to is Bush after 9/11. He had 80-90% approval for awhile. I think if someone else was president they would probably be polling much higher than Trump. Just swap in another republican that's run for president before like Kasich or even Romney. I'm sure they would be doing a better job right now and since they aren't steaming piles of failure their approval would likely be over 80%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    In theory,

1) the Congressional oversight panel can review issues like "we took the money, but still fired/downgraded our employees", and
    2) they did boost unemployment insurance based on your current salary, so you could technically quit in protest

I'm not disputing your outrage over the spirit or the letter. Only hoping it's not as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlo View Post
    As long as the "right" people die most people won't give a shit
    Wait till the virus starts ripping through retirement communities in Florida... His base.

My husband's grandparents like in one of those communities... They don't believe the hype. I'm just hoping they get lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    In theory,

1) the Congressional oversight panel can review issues like "we took the money, but still fired/downgraded our employees", and
    2) they did boost unemployment insurance based on your current salary, so you could technically quit in protest

I'm not disputing your outrage over the spirit or the letter. Only hoping it's not as bad.
    I have a pretty good idea that in practice, it will amount to "sucks to be you."

You're worried that you will not get to post in an obscure gaming forum echo chamber populated mainly by liberals who try to censor everyone who disagrees with them because they are hypocrites? And that is your idea of not taking chances?