Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I have seen SOOOOO many boomkins, even over just the last 24 hours, i rarely see a druid that is casting in normal form, unless they are a healer.
    I would say "Some" run 30/21, and most run 31/20
    What you have seen is PvE focused- Balance druids doing pvp with their pve spec because in classic 50g per switch is just too much- and just to be clear, I do the same with my feral. Anyone with a pvp-focus though does NOT drop Nature's Swiftness if they are 20 points into resto already and if you think otherwise then I don't really have much else to tell you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    This is jsut like the people who bitch about the noise of the club next door the day after they move in. It was damn well there and if you don't want it, why are you picking it?
    That argument falls flat when you look at the old Tree form. Even more so when the form is a toggle that reuses other race animations.

ot: I have the same sentiments for Shadowform. You can't see shit on your character and it's not like Bear/Cat forms where the spells rely on animalistic movements, they're spells waved by hands. I'm all for more options where they make sense, those who don't care for it need not apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Aridn View Post
    I main resto, but also use balance for questing and such. Honestly if it weren’t for the glyph that puts you into astral form, I wouldn’t play balance at all. I hate the way moonkin form looks.
    Same. I just can't stand the pathetic abomination, without the glyph I wouldn't even touch the class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    I hate Moonkin form, always have always will. I especially dislike the "lore" behind it and the justification for it's existence... I also despise Treeform for Resto, so was quite happy when it was changed.

Casting spells without Shapeshifting does not invalidate being a "Druid". Bear/Cat/Travel/Flight/Aquatic forms are available to all specs.

Anyway, if Balance is destined to require a Shapeshift form, then Blizzard really dropped the ball in Legion. If there were at least some customization available to the Chicken then it might be more tolerable, but as it stands, you can't even change the color!
    I agree, just looking at legion it is obvious that moonkin form is the least form of the druid anyway, they wouldn't even make artefact variants for it.
    Ownbeasts are also a disgrace to every owl out there. They should be called vulture beasts with their wonky ass beak and face.. not to mention the ogre proportions.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

So many fake druids around. Sad to see

No way, druid forms must stay!
    Bring back mandatory treant form!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Get this: No
    Get this: Yes

Quote Originally Posted by ShokoShogun View Post
    Well you could argue that the earliest iteration of moonkin form was a talent.

But just as shaman totems were less and less used as passive buffs, and became baked in passives for shammies, they got a new use as cooldowns to pop.

The same thing should happen to moonkin, and to an extenct shadowform where we passively get the stats, and occasianalyl change form with the use of a DPS abiltiy, then revert back if we use a heal for example.

That way the entirety of combat revolves more around shapeshifting as an ultimate like super-saiyan, to turn back after combat.

It creates a living atmosphere of combat as a balance druid and shadow priest.
    Why is everyone of your posts done by a new account and why are they all banned?

What the hell is this guy doing xD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    This is jsut like the people who bitch about the noise of the club next door the day after they move in. It was damn well there and if you don't want it, why are you picking it?
    Pretty much this... These people might as well go and play a warlock or mage, but instead they to ruin druids for the druid players

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Because....the entire fantasy of the druid is shape shifting. It has been since literally day 1 vanilla beta. All you people asking to change it are the ones whi ruined it.

The already destroyed it by introducing that fail glyph in the first place.
    If only they were more creative with druid forms.... The zandalari moonkin form was a good step forward, but just look at the Kultiran...

This should have been the Kultiran moonkin form:

Yes, shapeshifting is essential. But at this point in the game we should have way more options than what we currently have.

Make a class skillbook like you did with treat form, it will give you the cosmetic ability to go moonkin

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish you could transmog your forms, like, pick any cat in the game to be your catform cat.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

I actually love Moonkin Form. The way it looks, runs, dances, flaps... I think it is goofy and cool at the same time. I also love Treant Form and I try to keep it on whenever I play resto. I get that people do not see it cool, but it makes me wonder why they chose to play it then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekeel View Post
    I actually love Moonkin Form. The way it looks, runs, dances, flaps... I think it is goofy and cool at the same time. I also love Treant Form and I try to keep it on whenever I play resto. I get that people do not see it cool, but it makes me wonder why they chose to play it then.
    Maybe because they like everything else but the moonkin form?

The balance spec fantasy and all, just not the fat chicken?

Hard to imagine huh?
    Last edited by ArchiMotoros; 2020-05-27 at 04:21 PM.

Now that possibly normal form tattoos will influence how druid form tattoos will look like, we absolutely need to make the chicken cosmetic.

It's the easiest way to make players fall in love with their own character again, and look at what you made - your face, transmog and how it all plays together.

Balance druid is a caster hence they don't need any form just like resto,
    and unlike feral or guardian.

- - - Updated - - -

We could even get the armro buff it provides, by making Barkskin have a passive armor increase,
    as well as a passive ability Shapeshifter - in which the druid shrugs of polymorph effects.

Even the master shapeshifter pvp talent can be reworked: Balance Affinity
    After you cast Moonfire, the cast time of your Solar Wrath, Lunar Strike and Starsurge is reduced by 30% for 10 sec. Can only occur once every 30 seconds.

All "problems" solved.
    Last edited by ArchiMotoros; 2020-05-27 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I agree. I wouldn't mind the fat ogre reskin model if it was a cooldown form, with the druid staying in humanoid form the entire time, but shape-changed into moonkin form for the brief extra 'oomph' of magic power.

Off-topic: so many 1-post accounts being banned, today. Someone likes making alt accounts by the dozens, I imagine...
    I'm forever bummed that they changed Incarnation in Legion. Before that it changed you into the armored Moonkin form even when you used Glyph of Stars. Felt appropriately powerful.

Now there is no change when you use the CD with GoS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    As someone who loved the vanilla WoW treant form, I was not happy when they did that.
    Tree Form only existed for TBC and Wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Why is everyone of your posts done by a new account and why are they all banned?

What the hell is this guy doing xD

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much this... These people might as well go and play a warlock or mage, but instead they to ruin druids for the druid players
    How does someone's personal choice for their character ruin it for others? No one is going to care how you play and their choice doesn't invalidate yours.

Whatever happened to class fantasy and roleplaying everyone used to clamour so hard about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Tree Form only existed for TBC and Wrath.
    Aye, it was added in 2.0 - I was referring to the 3d model itself, it is one of my favorite things in WoW and one of the few models I hope they never update (as I fear something would be 'lost' in translation).
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

its actually small things like looks that drive many people away from the game. let people look how they want.

does it bother you if they arent a chicken?

yes?

well stop effing staring at other people you damn creeper.

I like having different forms on my druid, each with unique features. I don't agree with the opening poster at all!

Nothing is lost
    as lazerchicken is still available in the form of a skillbook
    for those who are unable to let go

where all outdated abilities (like treant form) duly belong

Make Shadowlands fit for the transmog Expansion title!

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    Balance druids that play without Moonkin form aren't moonkins, but wannabe mages.

Seriously though, Moonkin form can be "optional" aka you can take the damage benefit out of it but having Owlkin frenzy and/or the armor benefit doesn't really work without the "bulky" form - it's like saying bears should be able to be in cat form as tanks, just "magically" have the armor on.

So if you don't care about those two then you could play without the form, without really losing dps.

Basically any ability which requires moonkin form or references it can be reworked/renamed
    into something else, so that is in no way an objection

Owlkin frenzy doesn't even exist anymore visibly!

Now that possibly normal form tattoos will influence how druid form tattoos will look like, we absolutely need to make the chicken cosmetic.

It's the easiest way to make players fall in love with their own character again, and look at what you made - your face, transmog and how it all plays together.

Balance druid is a caster hence they don't need any form just like resto,
    and unlike feral or guardian.

We could even get the armor buff it provides, by making Barkskin have a passive armor increase,
    as well as a passive ability Shapeshifter - in which the druid shrugs of polymorph effects.

Even the master shapeshifter pvp talent can be reworked: Balance Affinity
    After you cast Moonfire, the cast time of your Solar Wrath, Lunar Strike and Starsurge is reduced by 30% for 10 sec. Can only occur once every 30 seconds.

All "problems" solved.
    Last edited by ArchiMotoros; 2020-05-27 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    my 2 cents:

what we really need is:

- moonkin form (optional)
    - normal form with all gear visible (optional)
    - glyph of stars form/glyph (optional)

all 3 options should be a free choice for everyone. because it seems there are the same amount of players for each option. i say this bc it is horrible cheap for Blizz to implement all 3. glyph of stars already exists. moonkin form can be a book, like treant. and normal form and cast animatiins already exists. so all that Blizz have to do is moving moonkin form to a cosmetic book, make the dps increase baseline for balance spec and everyone will be happy.

- - - Updated - - -

how stupid to remove an option ppl like and whats already years in the game, when it is same complex as makin moonkin form optional for everyone.
    Just make a glyph to show current character and gear. If players don't want to be in moonkin form, them seek out a glyph to change. Shape shifts are core to the Druid class. It should be baseline. If you want something different make the change. I support glyphs to see the character race over shapeshift for all forms