Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Well this is an interesting development...

What happened to Rasmussen?

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Maybe they forgot to put their homemade "adjustments" into the data before release?

because if its this bad on Rasmussen .....
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    edit: funnier video
    Flying flamingo... lol... Have not seen that one...

I’m sure you’ve seen it... but, I think this is a perfect example of modern US politics versus British:

- - - Updated - - -

Are they the reason Biden’s chances increased by 1 on 538? It went from 22/77 before the debate, to 21/78 now...

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...tion-forecast/

I might be wrong, but their graph does make this seem like Trump’s lowest point since Biden got the nom...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel of Riots View Post
    Even if I disagree with your opinions, you (and Edge-) are also a lot less toxic in your replies to other users, which sometimes is even more frustrating in a sense. But other than that, I feel like you've been very pro-corporate and pro-status quo lately ever since the last US' election campaign. You also seem to turn a blind eye to the larger problems at hand: Trump and Biden are getting donations from mostly the same corporations and banks, no matter who wins, those donors always are going to win, and the public will lose. Furthermore there are countless studies that show that voting in the US is entirely pointless when it comes to influencing policy. Corporations and money decide policy, not elections in the USA. Meanwhile you seem to keep arguing to keep people engaged with the pointless hamster wheel.
    Then you have not actually been reading anything I post very carefully.

I'm not "pro-status-quo". I'm pro-incrementalism. Because the alternative to incrementalism is demanding subjugation to your own personal political viewpoints "or else". Which is ridiculous, self-involved, navel-gazing horse shit.

I'm not "pro-corporate". I recognize the reality of the world we currently live in, and my suggestions as to what needs to happen now are based in that reality, not the hypothetical idealized utopia I wish existed instead.

While corporate money in politics can be an issue, it's an issue the American voters can fix pretty much any time they actually want to. The real issue is that American voters largely do not care. Also, it bears pointing out that those corporations are as much a component of "the public" as any individual citizen; the issue is that they may be granted undue consideration, not that they're granted consideration at all. You can't draw a line between "corporations" and "the public", any more than you can draw a line between "dogs" and "mammals". The one is a subset of the latter.

As for the "hamster wheel", you have a few options;
    1> Do nothing. You're irrelevant and nobody cares what you think, as a result.
    2> Vote. You have your voice, which matters as much as anyone else's. But no more.
    3> Get involved. Actually work with campaigns, meet with candidates, push for change. This is a lot of work for often very little gain.
    4> Rebel. By which I mean literally pick up weapons, get organized with others, and start killing people until you replace the government. This is only mentioned because it is an option, even if a clearly murderous one that takes a hell of a lot to justify.

#1 is pointless. You lose what little say you had, and gain absolutely nothing in return.
    #4 is violent and amoral, and only justifiable if the regime you're overthrowing is so vile it makes that amorality a step in the right direction.

That leaves #2 and #3. 3 gives you more influence, at a vastly higher amount of effort required. If you're not willing to do that, you don't have much room for complaining about a lack of change. If you won't fight for it, who should, on your behalf?

The hamster wheel is the only option that exists outside of outright violent rebellion. And yeah; I don't support or encourage violence, so I'm gonna point to the hamster wheel. That's the only way you can effect change. Is it easy? Of course not. But if you're not willing to put in the work, others who are will be the ones who direct the nation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably bought out by Soros.

Or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Flying flamingo... lol... Have not seen that one...

I’m sure you’ve seen it... but, I think this is a perfect example of modern US politics versus British:

- - - Updated - - -

Are they the reason Biden’s chances increased by 1 on 538? It went from 22/77 before the debate, to 21/78 now...

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...tion-forecast/

I might be wrong, but their graph does make this seem like Trump’s lowest point since Biden got the nom...
    andrew neil is fucking brilliant, alot of people hate him because hes bloody ruthless with every one, he dosn't fuck about and just goes in there, but still in a polite way that just makes people look like toss pots when they blow up at him.

i like the last one near the end where andrew says "well facts do matter though i appreciate that in america maybe not as much as they used to"
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2020-09-30 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Maybe they forgot to put their homemade "adjustments" into the data before release?

I have short-term memory problem due to a motor cycle accident many years ago. Which I used conveniently to avoid doing stuffs for my wife that I did not want to do.

Anyway, I can't remember a single thing that Trump said last night. Meanwhile I can recall a whole bunch of lines from Biden - "Will you shut up man," "Putin's puppy," "clown,", "liar," etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I'm gonna vehemently disagree that this was a lay-up failure.

This was Wallace establishing what the absolute bottom of the barrel for basic human decency was, and Trump insisting on bashing through that base and digging into the filth below. It took more intellectual effort and focus to avoid condemning white supremacy, in that moment, than simply doing so would have. It's a conscious, deliberate choice.

This was Wallace looking at a pile of dog shit in the street, and saying "you're not gonna eat that, right?", and then Trump saying "I'm not just gonna eat it, I'm gonna eat half of it now and save the rest for lunch tomorrow!"

Presenting this as a simple failure to achieve a bare minimum is unfair to how vile Trump's answer actually was.
    The guy was physically upset at the question, he writhed about and stammered out some insane word salad to a single answer question. There is no possible way a rational person would see that and then believe some half baked what he meant was shit later. These people are incorrigible.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.

It is worth noting that poll is entirely before the debate. So that has nothing to do with it. I have no idea what caused a swing like that in their methodology, I seriously doubt 7% of the country changed their mind in a couple days.

I'm wondering if Wolf Blitzer is right and this may be the ONLY debate.

Because if the debate committee decides to cut mics when it's not a candidates turn to speak and the Trump campaign refuses to agree to those rules well...there won't be another debate.

And I don't know if that's necessarily a bad thing, because the American people weren't served by last night's debate. It simply reminded us that Trump is Trump and Biden is Biden, as they both have been the whole campaign. Looking at it compared to the 2008/2012 debates is startling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm wondering if Wolf Blitzer is right and this may be the ONLY debate.

Because if the debate committee decides to cut mics when it's not a candidates turn to speak and the Trump campaign refuses to agree to those rules well...there won't be another debate.

And I don't know if that's necessarily a bad thing, because the American people weren't served by last night's debate. It simply reminded us that Trump is Trump and Biden is Biden, as they both have been the whole campaign. Looking at it compared to the 2008/2012 debates is startling.
    Trump can’t back out... its political suicide...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Democratic voters are definitely motivated. ActBlue raised 36M since the start of the debate and 420M since Ginsburg passing. Not a peep from Trump's campaign and WinRed. Which could only mean one thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    It is worth noting that poll is entirely before the debate. So that has nothing to do with it. I have no idea what caused a swing like that in their methodology, I seriously doubt 7% of the country changed their mind in a couple days.
    I was thinking the same, but chose to revel in the joy instead.

If we see Biden taking (again) a 12 point lead, its pretty much over for Trump.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Trump can’t back out... its political suicide...
    His numbers are literally stagnant and they can run their BS censorship of the rught headlines. If he backed out because they don't allow open mics it wouldn't make a dent in anything. He didn't condemn white supremacy, it doesn't get any worse than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Democratic voters are definitely motivated. ActBlue raised 36M since the start of the debate and 420M since Ginsburg passing. Not a peep from Trump's campaign and WinRed. Which could only mean one thing.
    They're having to invest money in "safe" states like Texas.

If it weren't for Money Laundering agencies like the NRA funneling them money, they'd all be dead broke.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    If trump does lose election and flees to Russia. I have a feeling he will “accidentally fall” out of a window or abruptly get “ill” and die.
    I'm not sure he can actually legally flee to Russia. He's got top secret clearance, that'd be a defection of such levels never seen before. And the USSS wouldn't follow him there.....he'd be a target of all sorts of cointel operations.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    If we see Biden taking (again) a 12 point lead, its pretty much over for Trump.
    It isn't over until January 21st. And maybe not then. 2020 hasn't hit rock bottom yet, we have a long way to go.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I'm not sure he can actually legally flee to Russia. He's got top secret clearance, that'd be a defection of such levels never seen before. And the USSS wouldn't follow him there.....he'd be a target of all sorts of cointel operations.
    The man owes a lot of money to someone, idk where he would run too.