10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Yeah...that's what the CDC was saying. And many universities. I'm just hoping we get out of here with "only" another 100,000 dead this year.
    I don't see that happening. Unless we get some miracle leadership at the Federal level and state governments actually start enforcing the rules nothing is going to change. Flu season strikes and we're going to see a lot of dead older teenagers and young adults as it sweeps through high schools and universities who are following the DeSantis School policy.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Bob Dole own goals himself.

The Commission on Presidential Debates is supposedly bipartisan w/ an equal number of Rs and Ds. I know all of the Republicans and most are friends of mine. I am concerned that none of them support Trump. A biased Debate Commission is unfair.
    Hmm.

1) The CPD in their official standing is not supposed to support either candidate.

2) If you know a bunch of Republicans, and none of them support Trump, isn't that a problem for Trump?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    I don't see that happening.
    Yeah...it would require a lot of people in a lot of red states to suddenly realize this shit will kill them.

He's a congressman from southern Illinois, not the governor. The governor is JB Pritzker, a democrat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    He's a congressman from southern Illinois, not the governor. The governor is JB Pritzker, a democrat.
    My apologies. I had it right in my notes but made an oops when writing it up. It's been corrected.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    I don't see that happening. Unless we get some miracle leadership at the Federal level and state governments actually start enforcing the rules nothing is going to change. Flu season strikes and we're going to see a lot of dead older teenagers and young adults as it sweeps through high schools and universities who are following the DeSantis School policy.
    There is some hope that precautions against COVID-19 will also prevent high numbers of flu cases. This is, however, dependent on people following COVID-19 precautions, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    There is some hope that precautions against COVID-19 will also prevent high numbers of flu cases. This is, however, dependent on people following COVID-19 precautions, so...
    Against sanity the right wing and Donald Trump have convinced their base that the scientists are lying and that it is just a little flu. I mean this week we are about to see Trump hold super spreader events across the country spreading COVID-19 everywhere he goes not to mention infecting more aides and secret service agents.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I mean this week we are about to see Trump hold super spreader events across the country
    I wonder.

Depending on when he started receiving those steroids they ought to be done by mid-week. I'm betting he's not going to feel "20 years younger" then. In fact I'm betting he's going to feel significantly worse. Enough to trigger his fear of death again and force him to call off his campaigning? Time will tell.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I wonder.

Depending on when he started receiving those steroids they ought to be done by mid-week. I'm betting he's not going to feel "20 years younger" then. In fact I'm betting he's going to feel significantly worse. Enough to trigger his fear of death again and force him to call off his campaigning? Time will tell.
    The important thing is that if he's going to die, he needs to do it after the election. If he does it before, we'll be in an entirely new kind of chaos.

910 more deaths to add to the total, giving us 218,648. We'll already be at 220k by about Monday. Given how steeply the new case numbers have climbed this past week we're probably not going to stay below 1k a day for many weeks longer. I'm not yet willing to give up all optimism that we won't see 2k per day again, but if the numbers are already THIS fucking bleak before Fall and the flu season has fully set in then we might need to brace ourselves. We're heading into the weekend now so numbers will be lower overall, but we're probably going to get hit hard Tuesday/Wednesday.

Stay safe, folks.
    i mean we should be close to zero soon cause everyone's going to get the million dollar care and cocktail Trump got, for free... he said so....

/s
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

I know most of you probably skip right on past these but I'm stubborn and I'm still gonna do 'em because this is still really important--and currently getting worse.

60,558 new cases; a little over 8k more than last Friday. This is the third day in a row the numbers of jumped by about 8k or more over last week's numbers.

Texas: 4,484 new cases; 106 deaths
    California: 3,785 new cases; 81 deaths
    Illinois: 3,117 new cases; 32 deaths
    Wisconsin: 2,988 new cases; 16 deaths
    Fuck Florida (who tops the death chart again today)
    Missouri: 2,211 new cases; 81 deaths (new record)
    North Carolina: 2,034 new cases; 25 deaths
    Ohio: 1,835 new cases (new record); 12 deaths
    Indiana: 1,816 new cases (new record); 19 deaths
    Kansas: 1,679 new cases (new record); 14 deaths
    New York: 1,660 new cases; 9 deaths
    Georgia: 1,625 new cases; 54 deaths
    Tennessee: 1,556 new cases; 27 deaths
    Oklahoma: 1,524 new cases; 6 deaths
    Alabama: 1,490 new cases; 16 deaths
    Minnesota: 1,390 new cases; 14 deaths
    Pennsylvania: 1,381 new cases; 15 deaths
    Utah: 1,343 new cases; 4 deaths
    Michigan: 1,323 new cases; 7 deaths
    Iowa: 1,252 new cases; 20 deaths
    Arkansas: 1,167 new cases; 27 deaths
    Virginia: 1,114 new cases; 16 deaths
    Kentucky: 1,001 new cases; 8 deaths

Most of what I could say here you've already read ad nauseum (if you've actually read these). That's nearly half the states in the US with over 1k new cases. North and South Dakota also both set new records today (when reached for comment South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem...was off plotting evil schemes, I guess). Most of the states listed again had highs near their records and several look to be making new records in the coming week. Shit's kicking off again, guys.

910 more deaths to add to the total, giving us 218,648. We'll already be at 220k by about Monday. Given how steeply the new case numbers have climbed this past week we're probably not going to stay below 1k a day for many weeks longer. I'm not yet willing to give up all optimism that we won't see 2k per day again, but if the numbers are already THIS fucking bleak before Fall and the flu season has fully set in then we might need to brace ourselves. We're heading into the weekend now so numbers will be lower overall, but we're probably going to get hit hard Tuesday/Wednesday.

Related news:

Florida man has a new contender: Texas man.
    The Rose Garden wasn't the only Trump superspreader event.
    Another GOP congressman tests positive. This time Illinois Rep. Mike Bost.

I had a really depressing one about minks but I don't even want to look at their poor, cute little faces again.

Stay safe, folks.
    Quite the contrary. To me, these are the most important posts of this forum. I rely on your numbers as MSN and Yahoo are definitely NOT reliable. I really really appreciate all the hard work you have put into this.

Thank you.

My apologies. I had it right in my notes but made an oops when writing it up. It's been corrected.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, any steps you take to protect yourself against Covid will also help protect you from the flu. But with so many people insisting that those protections are somehow violating their rights... who knows what the actual result will be.

One thing medical experts is detailed here:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...double-threat/
    The overlap of COVID-19 and influenza has epidemiologists and some policy makers concerned. The U.S. may soon face two epidemics at the same time, they worry, and this combination could precipitate a crisis unlike any other. “The worst-case scenario is both [the coronavirus and the flu] are spreading fast and causing severe disease, complicating diagnoses and presenting a double burden on the health care system,” says Marc Lipsitch, an epidemiologist at Harvard University. A few states are planning for extra capacity in hospitals to deal with both illnesses.

I wonder.

Or maybe he will continue the drugs it doesn't seem his doctors are following science just what Trump wants. He also needs to prop himself up for the third debate I doubt his body can take that much punishment though he will most likely still have COVID unless they lied about when he got the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The important thing is that if he's going to die, he needs to do it after the election. If he does it before, we'll be in an entirely new kind of chaos.
    Please, don't even speak of him dying... at least not until he's had the chance to experience jail for a decade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Best possible event would be for Trump to have a massive coughing fit or pass out on live tv during one of his in-person rallies. One rally to be held at the White House.

7+ Year Old Account
    I know most of you probably skip right on past these but I'm stubborn and I'm still gonna do 'em because this is still really important--and currently getting worse.
    I for one look, specifically, for your updates when I check in on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    I bet he’s going to do what he really wanted to do before he won.

Start a shit news network and sell tons of merch to his cult.
    Going to be hard when he faces dozens of lawsuits, including things like tax fraud
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Going to be hard when he faces dozens of lawsuits, including things like tax fraud
    Yep, whatever money he got from stealing from tax payers, he will lose to lawsuits and defending himself in court before he goes to jail, and he will have to declare bankruptcy, that is if he doesn't flee to Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Yep, whatever money he got from stealing from tax payers, he will lose to lawsuits and defending himself in court before he goes to jail, and he will have to declare bankruptcy, that is if he doesn't flee to Russia.
    I wonder, if he ends up fleeing to Russia, wouldn't he become a national security risk? Would the US government have to figure out a way to "neutralize" that risk?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    I wonder, if he ends up fleeing to Russia, wouldn't he become a national security risk? Would the US government have to figure out a way to "neutralize" that risk?
    IIRC don’t all presidents get a security detail after they leave office?
    So he would have a hard time feeling.

You think a security detail would prevent him from "vacationing" in Moscow?

They are offered a detail, but they don't have to have one, iirc.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"