Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    If Biden wins (and yes, I don't want to jinx it, but still), I have been thinking a lot about whether he should pardon Trump. I know he's pledged not to, and there's some part of me that wants to see that dickhead get a comeuppance, but here's my predominant thought: Trump is poison. His presence makes everything worse. He makes people angry, he promotes dumb arguments that stupid people listen to, he's a liar, etc. I don't want the next two years to be dominated by investigations of Trump. I want him to disappear. Yes he still has his business "empire" but I think that if left alone, it'll collapse of its own accord. Yes, he'll continue ripping off people stupid enough to believe in him (which has been his main source of income since he went broke in the 90s), but we just need him gone. Putting him on trial gives him a platform and keeps him in the news, and that's the last thing we need in 2021.

Yes, Fox News and conservative talk radio will still have him on the air, but conservative talk radio has been poisonous for a long time and rarely played a prominent role before 2016. New republican candidates will come to the forefront and they won't want unpredictable Trump upstaging them, so in my best case scenario, he'll fade away.

Meanwhile, if there's no pardon, he's going to keep popping up constantly, and he'll claim witch hunt and use his platform to sow more mayhem. It'll go on for years. Maybe they get in him jail in 3 years, but seriously, who wants 3 more years of Trump stories? I'd rather we just say, "Well, that was awful, let's never let that happen again" and move on.
    Fuck his ass. No pardons for him. Could care less if his stays in the light. It will only make him look worse with all the criminal activity being shown to the people.

If Biden wins (and yes, I don't want to jinx it, but still), I have been thinking a lot about whether he should pardon Trump. I know he's pledged not to, and there's some part of me that wants to see that dickhead get a comeuppance, but here's my predominant thought: Trump is poison. His presence makes everything worse. He makes people angry, he promotes dumb arguments that stupid people listen to, he's a liar, etc. I don't want the next two years to be dominated by investigations of Trump. I want him to disappear. Yes he still has his business "empire" but I think that if left alone, it'll collapse of its own accord. Yes, he'll continue ripping off people stupid enough to believe in him (which has been his main source of income since he went broke in the 90s), but we just need him gone. Putting him on trial gives him a platform and keeps him in the news, and that's the last thing we need in 2021.

Yes, Fox News and conservative talk radio will still have him on the air, but conservative talk radio has been poisonous for a long time and rarely played a prominent role before 2016. New republican candidates will come to the forefront and they won't want unpredictable Trump upstaging them, so in my best case scenario, he'll fade away.

Meanwhile, if there's no pardon, he's going to keep popping up constantly, and he'll claim witch hunt and use his platform to sow more mayhem. It'll go on for years. Maybe they get in him jail in 3 years, but seriously, who wants 3 more years of Trump stories? I'd rather we just say, "Well, that was awful, let's never let that happen again" and move on.
    He's a flight risk (and a national security risk) so it would be very easy to throw him in prison without bail while his trial proceeds. That significantly curtails his ability to lead the cult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

No. But the point of criminal prosecution is deterrence.
    Deterrence?
    No.
    Never has been the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Deterrence?
    No.
    Never has been the case.
    Debateable.

Deter the criminal from reoffending.

Deter would-be criminals from committing the same offenses.

Provide recompense to the victims by seeing the criminal brought to justice.

Establishing that the laws of the land are not to be trifled with and breaking them results in real consequences, which is necessary to maintain order in a civil society.

10+ Year Old Account
    So let's talk about

Have you seen that wander across FB yet?

The salary of a U.S. Senator is $174,000 per year. This is Joe Biden’s house.... seems legit
    -- Eric Trump

As usual, everything Trump says is a lie.

The pictured home was not currently owned by Joe Biden, it was not his current residence, and the property was — at one time — not outrageously outside Biden’s price range.

The pictured estate was a 5-bedroom, 10,000-square-foot former DuPont mansion at 6 Montchan Dr. in the Greenville area of Wilmington, Delaware, which was formerly owned by Biden. Way back in 1974, Biden (then a freshman U.S. Senator and a recent widower) was able to purchase the property for a mere $185,000 because the abandoned home was badly run-down and in need of major repairs.

After fixing up the home and living in it for two decades, Biden sold it in 1996 for $1.2 million — well over twenty years before Eric Trump’s accusatory tweet declaring it to still be “Joe Biden’s house.”
    Oh, and I can't wait to see any of the rabid fanbase say "Well uh, uh, a politician shouldn't be making money in real estate!" because anyone who even thinks that while defending Trump, fuck you.

Nope. Throw the fucker in jail. If you think you're going to get away from Trump if you just ignore him, you're not going to be able to ignore him because he's going to spend the next 4 years campaigning for 2024.

If Trump is pardoned, then the Democrats have proven once again that they are completely spineless and further emboldened the Republicans to fuck around and do even worse the next time they get any iota of power because there is not consequences for them.

Sorry but watching Trump make the occasional headline from prison whether it being when he goes into rants or if he gets raped by people he called thugs and rapists or he gets beat up trying to pretend he is better than everyone and all that and dealing with his cult raging that accountability can actually apply to them as well is the far superior option.

Otherwise the cult can continue to believe even more they are in the right because otherwise they would have had consequences, we have the Republicans seeing just how far they can push things and those dickless Democrats still won't have ball one to do something about it and all the other stuff is by far the worse option.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Nope. Throw the fucker in jail. If you think you're going to get away from Trump if you just ignore him, you're not going to be able to ignore him because he's going to spend the next 4 years campaigning for 2024.
    The best part is Trump would have to be in protective custody and be virtually in isolation for security reasons, if he's put in jail. Can you imagine how mad that'd make him?

FWIW, I don't think he'll see jail time, even if convicted of tax fraud. White collar criminals generally have the lightest sentencing ever, he can probably escape with house arrest in Trump Tower, if NY still wants his dumb ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    Debateable.

Deter the criminal from reoffending.

Deter would-be criminals from committing the same offenses..
    Thousands of years of civilization isn't up for debate.
    If it were then every day before today should have proven you wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The best part is Trump would have to be in protective custody and be virtually in isolation for security reasons, if he's put in jail. Can you imagine how mad that'd make him?

FWIW, I don't think he'll see jail time, even if convicted of tax fraud. White collar criminals generally have the lightest sentencing ever, he can probably escape with house arrest in Trump Tower, if NY still wants his dumb ass.
    Won't be Trump Tower if he can't come up with the money to repay the loan coming due in a couple years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    He's a flight risk (and a national security risk) so it would be very easy to throw him in prison without bail while his trial proceeds. That significantly curtails his ability to lead the cult.
    I mean he did hint about leaving the country if he loses in November.
    Putin khuliyo

A lot of this is conjecture. What I’m more annoyed about is flagrant the conspiracy theory peddling has gotten since the Post article. The Daily Mail has done another ‘scandal’ article today as well. But the entire article falls apart when it claims that the prosecutor who Biden got fired was investigating Burisma. He wasn’t. But it’s not like the Mail cares. It’s just another rag. Hunter Biden’s work has no connection to Joe, so all they’re doing is making a case for the Trumps to investigated further, since they’re genuinely profiting off public office.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pompeo warns the world that arms sales to Iran will result in sanctions.

"But Trump left the Iran Nuclear Deal."

Yes.

"Which they're still technically following."

Yes.

"So...Trump has no moral authority here."

Not really, no. Hey, I'm not a huge fan of selling arms to Iran either, don't get me wrong. But it's kind of like saying "don't sell pot" in Colorado at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Thousands of years of civilization isn't up for debate.
    If it were then every day before today should have proven you wrong.
    Talking about the intent, not about whether it works as intended.

So let's talk about

Have you seen that wander across FB yet?

-- Eric Trump

As usual, everything Trump says is a lie.

Oh, and I can't wait to see any of the rabid fanbase say "Well uh, uh, a politician shouldn't be making money in real estate!" because anyone who even thinks that while defending Trump, fuck you.
    I saw a good reply to that tweet as well that pointed out that because Biden actually released his tax returns, we know exactly where his money comes from anyway, mostly book deals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Coming back into the spotlight are the NDA's that Trump made WH employees sign. As a reminder, with the exception of classified info (and WH staffers who aren't Kushner or Ivanka pass background checks) they're not typically required to do this.

Problem is, if someone breaks the NDA and, say, the DOJ sues them, that's admission what they said is true. You can't sue someone for breaking an NDA when they make shit up, that's slander, libel, or fan fiction. So it seems kind of counterproductive.
    and isn't there a rather high chance that as public employees, the NDA is worth less than the paper it was printed on?
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Nope, all Biden has to do, is say he's a "law and order" President, and will let the evidence and courts make such decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post

He needs to be another Lori Loughlin.

Ya, he's never going to go to jail for the appropriate amount of time he should. We all know this. But the very least we could do his throw him in there for at LEAST a few months as an example.

And he already changed his residency to Florida, if you weren't aware. He fully knows he's no longer welcome in NY. It's probably a legal avoidance tactic as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    and isn't there a rather high chance that as public employees, the NDA is worth less than the paper it was printed on?
    Hard to say, there hasn't really been a case like this before. Most Presidents haven't felt the need to do this.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    I agree - Trump losing in November will just fuel his 2024 campaign. And while @Scrod's ideas are noble and perhaps pragmatic, Trump is pure poison for the country and the world. The only way to deal with him is by taking him down through the legal process.