Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    You are way behind the times in the precedent department...
    The precedent was set July 6, 2020. Keep up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    You are way behind the times in the precedent department...
    Like... Trump is the current president... are you from the future? or you think anyone will care about republicans bitching, after what Trump has pulled?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    How are people still posting stuff that has been debunked multiple times. Supreme Court ruled against unfaithful electors.
    They are proud of thinking elections can be stolen.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Nope they can't. Scotus ruled they gotta follow state laws. state laws gives biden minimum 270. #dealwithit
    And only 14 states have laws to override a faithless elector. NY and PA (as well as 15 others) have no laws against it. So just removing NY and PA from Biden's total moves him under 270 state law guaranteed votes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    I think they believe people will just pretend the last 4 years didn’t happen... I guess theo already started saying to stop talking about Trump... even though you can still hear the echo of “lock her up” ringing in the air...

- - - Updated - - -

And only 14 states have laws to override a faithless elector. NY and PA (as well as 15 others) have no laws against it. So just removing NY and PA from Biden's total moves him under 270 state law guaranteed votes.
    Yeah, and you think defying the will of American people, will work?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    that excuse might have flown... in 2016.

or at any point up until he lost.
    Or you just can't understand that some people think a Dem president is worse than Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or you just can't understand that some people think a Dem president is worse than Trump.
    No, people understand how his disinformation works... we have people talking about faithless electors... They know,..

there won't be any faithless electors in NY, wtf is wrong with you even making such absurdity. The rest of the state still give biden 270 even without PA. You are wrong. there is no argument you can make to think you'll ever be right. biden has minumum 270 faithful electors based on states he won. #dealwithit.

Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    as i said before, i think it needs to be done at a local & state level first. thats why you saw florida pass the $15 raise while rejecting left candidates.
    they want the policy but not the labels attached.
    Cause we're stupid as fuck. And isn't that florida one $10 now, and +$1 over the next 5 years? Not to mention it STILL won't be a living wage in any city?

It's something, but it's so slow. Gonna lose another 10% of value from inflation alone over those years.

It is so infuriating how slow the pace of progress is here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    How are people still posting stuff that has been debunked multiple times. Supreme Court ruled against unfaithful electors.
    SCOTUS ruled states can prohibit faithless electors, not that no one can be unfaithful. Major difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I think they believe people will just pretend the last 4 years didn’t happen... I guess theo already started saying to stop talking about Trump... even though you can still hear the echo of “lock her up” ringing in the air...
    She's been retconning her trumps stance for the past couple years. Zan linked some old election threads maybe 50 pages ago, so I went leafing through them to see all the people permanently banned/deleted. She was literally posting videos defending trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    there won't be any faithless electors in NY, wtf is wrong with you even making such absurdity. The rest of the state still give biden 270 even without PA. You are wrong. there is no argument you can make to think you'll ever be right. biden has minumum 270 faithful electors based on states he won. #dealwithit.
    If he tries it, all of his property will burn... not just US... the people he fucked over all over the world... including Scotland... will burn down his property...

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Cause we're stupid as fuck. And isn't that florida one $10 now, and +$1 over the next 5 years?

It's something, but it's so slow. Gonna lose another 10% of value from inflation alone over those years.

It is so infuriating how slow the pace of progress is here.
    it's infuriating but +1 a year helps the small businesses cope. it should be auto 15 for big businesses though.

SCOTUS ruled states can prohibit faithless electors, not that no one can be unfaithful. Major difference.
    Prohibit and replace. As in, if they vote against their constituency, they get replaced.

10+ Year Old Account
    You think that’s a legitimate strategy? You don’t think that devolves democracy and proves every single democrat right?

I see we're at the faithless elector part of this list with the angry Republicans still searching for a win.

Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Prohibit and replace. As in, if they vote against their constituency, they get replaced.
    this is right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It’s hard, because Trump never had the majority. He lost the popular vote twice. The GOP had a message representing the majority, one time in the last 30+ years. How do you win with a message for a minority? By demonizing the majority as satan worshippers, eating children?
    Neither of his opponents had a message that the majority of Americans decided to vote for (then again, I'm not sure anyone ever has).

10+ Year Old Account
    this is right.
    I like to point how absolutely fucked up this strategy is...

I hope that now that Joe is president Puerto Rico can be a state

10+ Year Old Account
    State faithless elector laws constitutional........