Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I forsee a 2024 in which Republicans are boiling for revenge, and Democrats are disillusioned by another unproductive 4 years without the Senate.
    I think republicans may self immolate when Trump doesn't run again.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-ne...e-conspiracies

Fox News seems to be doing some house keeping, John Solomon, former op-ed writer at the Hill and creator of the Ukraine conspiracies, is no longer going to be on the network.

Grifters becoming unemployed is a beautiful thing.
    Four years too late. This isn't punishment, it's just them putting away tools that are no longer needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I forsee a 2024 in which Republicans are boiling for revenge, and Democrats are disillusioned by another unproductive 4 years without the Senate.
    sure seems like its going that way.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    I think republicans may self immolate when Trump doesn't run again.
    He will run again, as an independent, remember to him its all about the rallies and milking his supporters for cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    He will run again, as an independent, remember to him its all about the rallies and milking his supporters for cash.
    No way... He's never going to put himself in the position to lose again.

Then you have to consider his health (he eats junkfood all day), his mental decline (it's definitely occurred during his presidency), his debt, his legal issues...

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is why the plan should not be to play nice over the next 4 years.

When the Republicans pull some bullshit, call them out. Condemn them in the harshest possible language. When McConnell holds up a bill and won't submit it to a senate, label him a fascist whose goal is to destroy American democracy. When they refuse to back civil-rights policies, label them all bigots, who desire only to protect their ability to brutalize the innocent. Etc.

Do this constantly, from every mouth, at every level.

The message should be underscoring exactly how every single step the Republicans make is an attempt to dismantle American democracy and gaslight voters, of both parties.

If you can, press criminal charges wherever possible. Prosecute everything.

The problem with Obama's terms in office is that Democrats were trying to govern, and Republicans were fighting a war. Stop playing nice. Fight back. See the enemy for what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    All...two of them? Trump ain't Palpatine executing Order 66 and the Justices certainly aren't clones.

They have their jobs basically forever, they don't need him. And he'd look like a fool(moreso than ususal) to attempt this in court, and the Republicans as a whole would look completely stupid to fall for it because they don't need him either.
    Let's not pretend that the justices installed by previous Republicans are any different.

I honestly don't know how you can still think your crumbling Swiss cheese system of checks and balances can save you. Trump explicitly ran on the promise of partisan SC justices, they aren't even trying to disguise it anymore. They are installed for the sole purpose of protecting Republican power. Everyone knows this, the Republican base is mostly voting Republican for specifically that reason. They just took out 6/9. This is their real long-term goal. Presidents come and go but SC justices are for life. All bets are off now.

306 Electoral Votes. A blowout.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    but but we don't want CA and NY deciding the election, even though they are highly successful states that drive our national economy.....naaaaaaaah

Btw i did a quick napkin math a few weeks back on the amount of federal tax paid for by Biden states vs Non.
    i would have to add a few more states to the list but i am willing to bet it would be over 70% as well.

wonder if the IRS breaks out income tax by county.
    All the donor vs. recipient states analyses I have seen so far were based only on personal income tax only. In addition to individual income tax, the Federal government tax revenue also consists of revenues from general sales taxes, selective sales taxes, license taxes, corporate income tax and other taxes.

If you include all of those, here is a list the top 10 states for fiscal year 2019. CA contribution is triple that of TX and double that of NY.

Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    Even if they have the Senate, in four years Joe Biden will be 82 - older than any serving President has ever been. In fact he's elected at 77, which is the age the previous oldest President was when he left office.

He barely managed to eke out a victory in this election, his only real merit was not being Trump, and he's unlikely to suddenly become a lot more appealing in the intervening years. Assuming he survives them. The Democrats could replace him but then they lose the incumbent advantage.

Honestly I hate to say it but the best case scenario is that a Republican lunatic assassinates him. LBJ took over from JFK and largely won on that basis. Typically, replacement Presidents have been unpopular.

Even if they have the Senate, in four years Joe Biden will be 82 - older than any serving President has ever been. In fact he's elected at 77, which is the age the previous oldest President was when he left office.

He barely managed to eke out a victory in this election, his only real merit was not being Trump, and he's unlikely to suddenly become a lot more appealing in the intervening years. Assuming he survives them. The Democrats could replace him but then they lose the incumbent advantage.

Honestly I hate to say it but the best case scenario is that a Republican lunatic assassinates him. LBJ took over from JFK and largely won on that basis. Typically, replacement Presidents have been unpopular.
    he's more popular than you think, just not amongst the "very online" crowd.
    people are craving stability right now, as well.

he already signaled he may not run again, the repubs have already been focusing their attacks on kamala for this reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    306 Electoral Votes. A blowout.
    It's not technically over...but...a list of Ben and Jerry's pint flavors can be found here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Eh, life expectancy has increased and Biden is in good health, plus the president gets the best health care in the country.

I feel like Trump has a better chance of keeling over before Biden, given his low mobility and obesity. He's only a few years younger than Biden, even if he covers it up with that ridiculous hair and spray tan.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Which is why the plan should not be to play nice over the next 4 years.

When the Republicans pull some bullshit, call them out. Condemn them in the harshest possible language. When McConnell holds up a bill and won't submit it to a senate, label him a fascist whose goal is to destroy American democracy. When they refuse to back civil-rights policies, label them all bigots, who desire only to protect their ability to brutalize the innocent. Etc.

Do this constantly, from every mouth, at every level.

The message should be underscoring exactly how every single step the Republicans make is an attempt to dismantle American democracy and gaslight voters, of both parties.

If you can, press criminal charges wherever possible. Prosecute everything.

The problem with Obama's terms in office is that Democrats were trying to govern, and Republicans were fighting a war. Stop playing nice. Fight back. See the enemy for what they are.
    Biden is a nice velvet glove, and it needs to cover an iron fist.

Right now the Biden Presidential transition team is doing a marvelous job. Senate moderate democrats are undermining him for some reason, but so far it looks like the Biden team is brushing this aside.

If Biden works with corporate America to change the landscape of America, and bolsters this with the use of executive orders as needed to supplement his plans, and throws bones to the lefties rather than insulting us, then I think he will be all right. And I think that he won't have to work TOO hard to blame things on McConnell and the republicans. They will do a lot of THAT work themselves.

We'd LOVE to send you $400 a week for the next 6 months, but McConnell absolutely refuses to budge.

The business community has come out quite strongly in favor of a Pelosi-sized stimulus plan, has resigned itself to the repeal of the Trump tax cuts for people making over $400k, and has only modest opposition to even a 4-6 week lockdown combined with stimulus money going to those locked down. Biden plus the business community vs the republicans is a nice fight for democrats to have, and Biden and Harris can both be effective in saying things in a way that will resonate with moderate republicans as well as democrats.

With a lot of hard work, and a lot of attention to detail, I think that Biden can make modest improvements for America, get credit for the things he turns around (as he would absolutely deserve), and place full blame on what isn't being done on republicans.

The downside is: to fail at this is to have republicans gain both the House and Senate in 2022 who would then double down on sabotaging Biden for the purpose of winning in 2024. Biden has a hard job, and he needs to do something that has not been done recently. I remain cautiously optimistic.

My father is 85. Before the pandemic he was still consulting 4 days a week at 4 different hospitals. Bike, row, swim, lift weight and scuba dive. Travel abroad twice a year with my mother. He hiked Machu Picchu at 82. Last year his dive club buddies filmed him chasing a school of hammerhead sharks while diving in Halmahera. My mother threw a fit when she saw that. I think Biden will outlast Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Maricopa Drop

Biden wins AZ by at least 10k... Like I said like 40 pages ago.

CNN just projected it for Biden.
    and doesn't matter if it's .1% or 200 or whatever no recount FUCK YOU TRUMP YOU LOST

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    idk i can see the opposite. right now republicans are being programmed to think it's rigged, fraudulent, and that way of thinking depresses vote turn out not drives it. I don't think turnout will be this massive again for sure, but I don't think it's gonna be massive on either side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    and doesn't matter if it's .1% or 200 or whatever no recount FUCK YOU TRUMP YOU LOST
    And he'll lose again when GA's final numbers come in.

And maybe he'll lose again when NC's numbers come in. Doubt it . . . but maybe.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Let them recount if that's what their procedures dictate. Just another chance for Trump to lose again.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Let them recount if that's what their procedures dictate. Just another chance for Trump to lose again.
    no their procedures say no recount, which will make republican's boil, that's what's great about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post

We'd LOVE to send you $400 a week for the next 6 months, but McConnell absolutely refuses to budge.

Since trump made it standard, i would send out a letter once a month saying this. You can do it from the IRS, The Treasury, the CDC, etc etc....
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!