Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I don't care that it's technically down. This is one of the highest days and it's horrifying.
    It took 3-4 weeks for the Thanksgiving celebrations to convert into a huge spike in deaths. The Christmas celebrations look like they will be larger than the Thanksgiving ones. So in about week 3 of January, about a month from now, the odds are that the first digit will be higher than 3, hopefully less than 5.

Stay safe as best you can. At BEST the vaccines won't start to have noticeable effect on the numbers until around April or May. And Americans are already partying like the virus is over.

Trump openly stated that if Stone keeps quiet he will pardon him. I believe he did this for Manafort.

This is corruption thru and thru.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    sure this would be true if she didn't pass on stimulus after another since may...that were never voted on by the senate or even supported by the president....

has your head been under a rock for most of the year?

- - - Updated - - -

the real question is how much is being paid for the administration of the vaccine and distribution.

its good that they had as much as they had in place given this administration but this should have all been fucking "militarized" and fucking made into a massive effort with factories converted and running full tilt across the country. This is why we have government.

Defense Production Act should have had 20x as many production plants set up by now and a massive distribution plan set up by the greatest logistics organization in the country, our military.

Optics would have been shit but, not like they are not fucked right now anyway.

2 billion dollars spent on vaccine while we have no problem throwing another 30 billion at airlines so their execs get paid. sigh.

then again we can't even keep toilet paper in stock so.....we've come a long way since WW2 haven't we
    I completely agree. It's an embarrassment how slowly this vaccine rollout will happen. This administration and this Congress is devoid of leadership.

Waiting for the virus to mutate in the meantime in a way which reduces vaccine efficacy because we didn't immunize enough of the population quickly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    HAY GUYS DO U THINK TRAMP IS HAS GOOD HAIR? SOME PEOPLE SAYS NO BUT I PERSONALLAY THINK HIS HAIR IS OKEY WHAT DO U PEOPLE THINK? I THINK HE IS HAS GOOD HAIR BECUZ IF HE HAS BAD HAIR NO ONE WOULD EVAR VOTE FOR HIM. ALSO HE NOT USE SPRAY TAN BECUZ NO NORMLE PERSAN WOULD WILLFULLY MAKE THEMSELF LOOK LIKE THAT SO IS MUST BE NATURAL COLOR
    Jesus, enough of that crap already and enough of everyone feeding it.

Hmm, what are the odds as a final FU on the way out, Trump decides to pardon all federal crimes on his final day. Highly unlikely, sure, but would there be anything to legally stop him from doing so?

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Oh jesus, the 10 days starts tomorrow, which means if trumps sits on this bill, that means the pocket veto is in play because it's a complete new congress jan 3rd, which means it's gonna have to be done completely by scratch. no covid relief, no unemployment, government still shutdown for however long, god damnit i hope he just veto's the damn thing instead of sitting on it.
    Good. Maybe we can get an actual covid relief bill that isn't a big "f you" to the American people as they send more money to foreign governments then their own citizens who are in dire need of it.

I see so many people saying "Trumps actually being the good guy now?! No way!" Its beyond dumb. I mean, its like they all forgot that Trump Flat out refused to sign Anything for covid until after the elections. Literally on his twitter holding the American people hostage to try to force them to vote for him with that move.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It’d be hilarious if after this string of pardons Trump himself were to be prosecuted. Whole lotta witnesses who can no longer plead the fifth.

- - - Updated - - -

It’s funny because if he pardons them they lose the ability to remain quiet under oath.
    NY must be loving this shit. "What? You're giving us more potential witnesses who can't plead the fifth?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastard View Post
    Jesus, enough of that crap already and enough of everyone feeding it.

Hmm, what are the odds as a final FU on the way out, Trump decides to pardon all federal crimes on his final day. Highly unlikely, sure, but would there be anything to legally stop him from doing so?
    Outside of some very specific crimes(I think crimes of impeachment is it), he can actually do that and it be completely legal as he has nearly unlimited pardoning powers for federal crimes. Just like a governor has nearly unlimited pardoning powers in the state they are in. It doesn't mean it isn't corruption or right but he is legal in doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    I am looking forward to seeing the rabid fanbase defend this.

"No no, see, it's not corruption, those people were innocent. Trump is just a hero who saw injustice and his dick tastes like cotton candy"

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The only logical next step for Trump is to resign so Pence can pardon him to avoid federal charges. Still doesn’t protect him from NY, but if he’s stupid enough to try to pardon himself I’m really gonna lose it.
    I think he will pardon himself, and I think he'll probably get away with it. It's not like his supporters will think any less of him.

Have you seen even one of his supporters condemn Trump for pardoning the dudes who got busted committing crimes for him?
    Last edited by Machismo; 2020-12-24 at 01:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Trump openly stated that if Stone keeps quiet he will pardon him. I believe he did this for Manafort.

Yeah, he is getting people released, that are in jail for protecting Trump. With Roger Stone, explicitly for obstruction of the investigation.

It’s like if a Mob boss became president, then released everyone who took jail, over ratting him out. I bet they all laugh at Cohen...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Meanwhile, Trump is busy retweeting 6 year old tweets. Such a busy man.
    I love the new Trump Twitter... a mix of him winning the election and acting as if someone else is president. It’s an interesting transition of Trump occupying two contradictory positions, while switching personas.

- - - Updated - - -

What the fuck happened to supporting Trump, when it came to passing a 2k stimulus, from the 100+ house GOP members that tried to over turn the election? They go down with the ship when pushing SCOTUS to over turn the election, but the line they can’t cross is 2k stimulus? How is that reality?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Meanwhile, Trump is busy retweeting 6 year old tweets.
    I know it looks like it was written by a six year old, but it was actually Trump who...oh. Trump wrote it. How awkward.

I agree with @Felya which is also my warlock's new catchphrase.

"We ready to pull?"
    "Fel, yeah!"

Trump seems to have forgotten that the US govt is run by...him. Did he forget he signed a bill for that?

10+ Year Old Account
    "We ready to pull?"
    "Fel, yeah!"
    My gf thought it was a reference to this:

Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Gee i wonder if magaheads will still blame Pelosi and her ice cream freezer

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/24/hous...orts-them.html

Rep. Steny Hoyer, D-Md., offered the proposal from the House floor, but was blocked because the measure was not approved by House Minority Leader Rep. Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    What the fuck happened to supporting Trump, when it came to passing a 2k stimulus, from the 100+ house GOP members that tried to over turn the election? They go down with the ship when pushing SCOTUS to over turn the election, but the line they can’t cross is 2k stimulus? How is that reality?
    It was a call for a unanimous vote that was never going to pass anyway. It just gives Pelosi an excuse to call out Republicans for blocking it, however, but it's ultimately going to go to a full vote in a few days.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    It was a call for a unanimous vote that was never going to pass anyway. It just gives Pelosi an excuse to call out Republicans for blocking it, however, but it's ultimately going to go to a full vote in a few days.
    Yeah but it is important messaging. Pelosi needs to apply as much pressure as she can on republicans to cave, and this is one of the steps.

Maybe she will ultimately fail. It is still important to do everything that she reasonably can to get this passed. And she is doing just that.

So what are Trump supporters going to say? STUPID PELOSI THOUGHT SHE COULD GET THE GOVERNMENT TO SEND ME 2,000 DOLLARS. WE SHOWED HER!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    Yeah but it is important messaging. Pelosi needs to apply as much pressure as she can on republicans to cave, and this is one of the steps.

Maybe she will ultimately fail. It is still important to do everything that she reasonably can to get this passed. And she is doing just that.

So what are Trump supporters going to say? STUPID PELOSI THOUGHT SHE COULD GET THE GOVERNMENT TO SEND ME 2,000 DOLLARS. WE SHOWED HER!!!
    Dem should phrase it properly.

"If you take that 2000 dollars, you can send it to the Trump Election Fraud groups"

They'll jump on that shit in a heartbeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Dem should phrase it properly.

"If you take that 2000 dollars, you can send it to the Trump Election Fraud groups"

They'll jump on that shit in a heartbeat.
    lol

I like your idea!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Stumbled across this OP ED piece:

While Joe Biden continues to avoid specific questions on the Hunter Biden scandal, there reportedly are”ongoing discussions” at the Justice Department on whether to appoint a special counsel. Ironically, Joe Biden’s refusal to address specific allegations has only fueled concerns of possible conflicts for his Justice Department conducting this investigation. His stonewalling is making the best case for a special counsel — but some unknowns remain critical to the decision.

Attorney General William Barr left his position this week, following very public conflicts with President Trump, including his opposition to special counsel appointments to investigate the 2020 election and the Hunter Biden scandal. Barr clearly was not opposed to making such appointments; he converted United States attorney John Durham into a special counsel, to guarantee that Durham will complete his investigation into the handling of the Russian collusion investigation.

The question is whether such grounds could emerge with regard to the Hunter Biden investigation. Justice Department regulations allow the appointment of a special counsel when it is in the public interest and an “investigation or prosecution of that person or matter by a United States Attorney’s Office or litigating Division of the Department of Justice would present a conflict of interest for the Department or other extraordinary circumstances.”
    It goes on from there, but I think y--

"Wait, you agree with this? I've seen 0000FF's less blue than you."

Oh, I just wanted to point out the hypocrisy. Biden's not even President yet and people are calling for a special counsel that not even Trump's man Barr will appoint. Meanwhile Trump personally and directly asked for help from the Russian government and the people like this piece's author said "Hoax!"

But you know what? Sure. Why not. Run another Bengazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........*snork* Gah! Fell asleep, because those procedures were so boring and nobody ever found anything. Go for it. Appoint ten special counsels, get the bulk rate.

*ahem*

But.

That means no complaining when President Biden opens the gates and lets his own entire DoJ, acting as his own lawyer hit squad -- something Republicans have approved of in public for four years -- and just burn Trump to the ground.

It's both, or neither. Sorry. I don't make the rules. I just see to it they're enforced.

7+ Year Old Account
    Stumbled across this OP ED piece:

It goes on from there, but I think y--

"Wait, you agree with this? I've seen 0000FF's less blue than you."

Oh, I just wanted to point out the hypocrisy. Biden's not even President yet and people are calling for a special counsel that not even Trump's man Barr will appoint. Meanwhile Trump personally and directly asked for help from the Russian government and the people like this piece's author said "Hoax!"

But you know what? Sure. Why not. Run another Bengazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........*snork* Gah! Fell asleep, because those procedures were so boring and nobody ever found anything. Go for it. Appoint ten special counsels, get the bulk rate.

*ahem*

But.

That means no complaining when President Biden opens the gates and lets his own entire DoJ, acting as his own lawyer hit squad -- something Republicans have approved of in public for four years -- and just burn Trump to the ground.

It's both, or neither. Sorry. I don't make the rules. I just see to it they're enforced.
    With Trump’s pardoning of Kushner’s father, it’s now ok to use pardons for family members. He won’t, but Biden’s first pardon should go to his son. The republicans can stfu.

10+ Year Old Account
    Earlier, @Edge- posted a FOX News poll that said 40% or something similiar of respondents said Trump would be remembered as one of the worst in history.

I can't top that.

But I can come close. This USA Today poll says 50% of people say Trump's time in office will be remembered as "failed". Only 16% said "great".

The poll also asked if Biden was elected fairly. Big surprise, most Republicans don't think so. The poll did not ask "prove it" so I don't know why. But I do know it was 78% of Republicans who said so, which is pretty close to the split I've said in the past. Incidentally 96% of Democrats said Biden was fairly elected, 65% of Independents agreed.

And finally, 538 shows Trump's now irrelevant approval is dropping anyhow. Trump never hit 50% metapproval, not once.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    With Trump’s pardoning of Kushner’s father, it’s now ok to use pardons for family members. He won’t, but Biden’s first pardon should go to his son. The republicans can stfu.
    This is part of a question that will weigh on me for some time.

Which is the right thing to do?

A) Say "Well, Trump did all these corrupt things and you Republicans agreed with all of them, therefore, Biden should do exactly the same thing and you have to accept that, too" and basically force the hypocrisy to the surface as the only real objection -- then ignoring the objection.

B) Take the high road, and forfeit taking easy advantages (Biden pardoning Hunter on Day One and flipping Trump off) and "losing points" in exchange for having a trusted, honorable tenure.

Nah. Just kidding. It's an easy choice. But each time Biden does something Trump did, and the rabid fanbase complains, I will stroll up to the podium and say "excuse me while I whip this out..." and open up this very thread.