10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    We should take the absence of tinker as proof blizzard won’t make them because they are just a resin of other classes
    Nice whataboutism. However, the difference is that as @Swnem stated, Shadowlands is the perfect expansion for a Necromancer and a Dark Ranger class because Shadowlands fits the theme of both classes. There hasn't been an expansion yet that is themed around technology or Goblins and Gnomes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    because you arent a dragon disguised as a gnome or human

you are a gnome or a human

this would require a different race entirely

you do know that wrathion is actually a dragon right?? hes not really alibaba
    I know what Wrathion is, and you're missing the point entirely. Nothing stops Blizzard from using that as a gameplay device in order to allow your character to be able to change into a dragon. Again, it's just a gameplay device with nothing but upsides and no downsides.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    I really think that Dragonsworn fantasy could be used as current covenant as famous "borrowed power" system for Dragon Isles expansion or patch. Pick a Flight, get ability to shapeshift to dragon for like 2 minutes in open world to allow flying with upgrades for more time and second ability for each Flight with clear combat benefits.
    well every time ive thought of something like a dragonsworn (legend of dragoon best game) ive looked at the whole draconic magic thing

in D&D you have dragonborne that are part dragon
    now think about someone using draconic magic to the point they begin to show draconic features like wings and scales

you go into the fight all normal and under control and the more you use the power the more the bar fills then at 100% you get wings and full blown scales but not a full dragon

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Nice whataboutism. However, the difference is that as @Swnem stated, Shadowlands is the perfect expansion for a Necromancer and a Dark Ranger class because Shadowlands fits the theme of both classes. There hasn't been an expansion yet that is themed around technology or Goblins and Gnomes.

- - - Updated - - -

I know what Wrathion is, and you're missing the point entirely. Nothing stops Blizzard from using that as a gameplay device in order to allow your character to be able to change into a dragon. Again, it's just a gameplay device with nothing but upsides and no downsides.
    i listed the downsides

hitbox
    doors

also if doing it in the middle of a dungeon you can screw with other players framerate (this is why they made the option to turn visuals off)

10+ Year Old Account
    i listed the downsides

hitbox
    doors

also if doing it in the middle of a dungeon you can screw with other players framerate (this is why they made the option to turn visuals off)
    The player in Dragon form would be no larger than your typical "dragon" mounts.

I’m not saying they should cripple their damage. During world questing fighting completely at range is more than enough damage to complete quests.
    Stop playing dumb. Are you saying that those that do progression raids or push high keys for mythic+ should stop doing what they like and settle for the easiest, most brain-dead PvE content just so they could "pretend to be a necromancer" by severely gimping their damage?

Because, as basic logic dictates: no one would take such a player for progression raiding or mythic+ runs.

Also, last but not least: tinker fans should just take up engineering with their hunters and tame a mechanical pet. Using only what tech abilities a hunter has plus its mechanical pet and engineering bombs is more than enough to complete quests. You see? You just defeated your own class concept.

- - - Updated - - -

There's zero chance of a Necromancer class entering WoW that does not have a Lich-based spec.
    In your openly dishonest opinion.

Also it really needs to be said that you're just using Golems, poison, and Blood healing to avoid direct overlap with the DK class. So yeah, when it gets to that point, it becomes irrelevant.
    Objectively false. A blood healing spec is a type of healing that does not exist in WoW yet, plus no other class has "poison magic", and the DK does not have a dedicated bone spec, either. All are concepts that fit perfectly in a necromancer concept.

In your opinion.
    And the opinion of the overwhelmingly vast majority of necromancer fans, if all fan artwork we see in the internet mean anything. In other words: you are alone in you opinion, here.

That's plenty for players who don't want to deal with how Blizzard designed their Necromancer class.
    Same thing for the tinker: use whatever tech transmog it is for your hunter and take up engineering. That's plenty for players who don't want to dela with how Blizzard designed the tinker for WoW, i.e., the engineering profession.

Interesting how this;

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Necromancer

Doesn't mention any of that.
    It doesn't need a mention there when it has demonstrated demonstrated to be the case since Warcraft 3 and all throughout WoW: necromancers are not melee characters and do not wield any two-handed weapon aside from staves.

If you want to play like a caster you should be willing to deal with some sacrifices.
    But one of those sacrifices is not "dealing less damage than under-geared tanks on a good day".

And like I said, if you want to get into more serious group play, then get over the fact that you have to add ONE melee ability to your rotation. ONE melee ability shouldn't shatter the idea of you as a Necromancer.
    "One melee ability" that not only completely breaks this flimsy illusion, but also "one melee ability" you cannot use because it requires a two-handed weapon that your pretend-necromancer would not wielding because necromancers do not wield any two-handed weapons aside from staves. Which DKs cannot wield.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice whataboutism.
    It's not "whataboutism". It's your own argument used against other concepts. To deny that for the tinker just because it's the class concept you like is "special pleading".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Stop playing dumb. Are you saying that those that do progression raids or push high keys for mythic+ should stop doing what they like and settle for the easiest, most brain-dead PvE content just so they could "pretend to be a necromancer" by severely gimping their damage?
    Those that do progression raids should accept the fact that Blizzard chose a melee Necromancer for WoW. Those that want a dark caster who can summon a variety of weak minions should accept Demonology Warlock as an alternative, since it's pretty much the exact same thing. If your goal is to be a competitive player doing high-difficulty content, then you do what you gotta do.

However, MY point is that if you simply can't live without a ranged Necromancer that summons skeletons and abominations, and ghouls, then you can do "brain-dead PvE" as a fully ranged Unholy DK. However, there are plenty of casual WoW players who only want to explore Azeroth, do world quests, kill random world bosses and collect loot. For players like that, playing UH DK fully at range is not a problem.

Also, last but not least: tinker fans should just take up engineering with their hunters and tame a mechanical pet. Using only what tech abilities a hunter has plus its mechanical pet and engineering bombs is more than enough to complete quests. You see? You just defeated your own class concept.
    Yeah, notice the difference there; We have to attach engineering to a class that has nothing to do with the Tinker fantasy. Again, the Tinker revolves around fighting with a mech. Where's the mech? Where's my advanced weaponry like lasers, missiles, bombs, etc? Shooting a gun with magical bullets and with a mechanical rabbit isn't being a Tinker. However, spreading diseases, summoning ghouls, spam spawning exploding zombies, and corrupting the ground with shadow magic is being a Necromancer.

Also note the entitlement shown here. A Tinker fan would have to not only deal with the tedious nature of leveling engineering to produce underpowered items that for most part are a waste of time to craft, and deal with a class whose theme has nothing to do with the concept, yet Necromancer fans can't be bothered with pressing ONE melee ability in their overwhelmingly ranged-based rotation.

Objectively false. A blood healing spec is a type of healing that does not exist in WoW yet, plus no other class has "poison magic", and the DK does not have a dedicated bone spec, either. All are concepts that fit perfectly in a necromancer concept.
    Rogues use quite a bit of Poison actually. They even have a version of poison nova. Hunters also use a pretty wide variety of poisons and venoms for their abilities.

Also there's a very good reason why there's no blood healing spec.

And the opinion of the overwhelmingly vast majority of necromancer fans, if all fan artwork we see in the internet mean anything. In other words: you are alone in you opinion, here.
    Then I guess Blizzard is ignoring those "vast majority of necromancer fans" because they chose instead to reinforce their notion of a melee Necromancer class.

Same thing for the tinker: use whatever tech transmog it is for your hunter and take up engineering. That's plenty for players who don't want to dela with how Blizzard designed the tinker for WoW, i.e., the engineering profession.
    Except Blizzard never stated they placed the Tinker concept in the engineering profession. However, they did say that they placed the Necromancer concept in the DK class.

It doesn't need a mention there when it has demonstrated demonstrated to be the case since Warcraft 3 and all throughout WoW: necromancers are not melee characters and do not wield any two-handed weapon aside from staves.
    The Death Knight in WC3 was a Necromancer unit, and it was melee.

But one of those sacrifices is not "dealing less damage than under-geared tanks on a good day".
    Again, if your goal is to be a competitive player, then just accept the fact that Blizzard is making you press ONE melee button as a Unholy DK in order to indulge your Necromancer fantasy.

"One melee ability" that not only completely breaks this flimsy illusion, but also "one melee ability" you cannot use because it requires a two-handed weapon that your pretend-necromancer would not wielding because necromancers do not wield any two-handed weapons aside from staves. Which DKs cannot wield.
    Yes, because it's completely immersion breaking to have a Necromancer slash someone with a two-handed Scythe and infect them with festering disease-filled boils.

I mean we never see Necromancers welding 2-handed scythes right?

Oh wait.....
    Last edited by Teriz; 2021-01-01 at 04:18 PM.

The player in Dragon form would be no larger than your typical "dragon" mounts.
    so you agree it would be an issue with some doors

10+ Year Old Account
    so you agree it would be an issue with some doors
    Outside of Travel Form, the dragon form would be a temporary. So no, it shouldn’t be an issue.

if dragon form is considered a mount then it wouldnt be able to be used into dungeons/raids.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I'd see the draconic form more like a temp morph like a DH's demon form, and would most likely not be a "full dragon" form but a bipedal like several mobs that already exist here & there

rather than a class, the dragon sworn or whatever you want to call this class would be more a "prestige class" appearance for the DH
    just like a necromancer can easily be a prestige class for demonist

IF they do another class (which I dont think they will) there is only one thing for sure. It MUST be a ranged class. It MUST be a mail user.

Those that do progression raids should accept the fact that Blizzard chose a melee Necromancer for WoW.
    Those that do progression raids should accept the fact that Blizzard chose a profession to be the 'tinker' for WoW. See how easily it is to flip it back to you?

However, MY point is that if you simply can't live without a ranged Necromancer that summons skeletons and abominations, and ghouls, then you can do "brain-dead PvE" as a fully ranged Unholy DK. However, there are plenty of casual WoW players who only want to explore Azeroth, do world quests, kill random world bosses and collect loot. For players like that, playing UH DK fully at range is not a problem.
    However, MY point is that if you simply can't life without a tech-based tinker that uses turrets and mechs and bombs, then you can do "brain-dead PvE" as a hunter with a mechanical pet and the engineering profession. However, there are plenty of casual WoW players who only want to explore Azeroth, do world quests, kill random world bosses and collect loot. For players like that, playing a hunter with the engineering profession with a mechanical pet is not a problem. See how easily it is to flip it back to you?

Yeah, notice the difference there; We have to attach engineering to a class that has nothing to do with the Tinker fantasy.
    Hunters have bombs and grenades and have robot pets. There is no difference. According to you, necromancer fans have to gimp the DK by playing it at a fraction of what it can do.

Also note the entitlement shown here.
    Also note the projection shown here.

A Tinker fan would have to not only deal with the tedious nature of leveling engineering to produce underpowered items that for most part are a waste of time to craft, and deal with a class whose theme has nothing to do with the concept, yet Necromancer fans can't be bothered with pressing ONE melee ability in their overwhelmingly ranged-based rotation.
    "One melee ability" that could not be used because it requires weapons that a necromancer cannot use. "One melee ability" that breaks the flimsy illusion they are forced to create. "One melee ability" that does not belong to the necromancer fantasy.

Rogues use quite a bit of Poison actually. They even have a version of poison nova.
    Irrelevant. That's like saying mages cannot have a fire spec because shamans "use a bit of fire". Or that death knights cannot have a frost because shamans "use a bit of frost". Or demon hunters cannot have chaos magic because warlocks "use a bit of chaos".

Hunters also use a pretty wide variety of poisons and venoms for their abilities.
    Hunters also use a pretty wide variety of tech gadgets, plus they can have robot companions. By your own logic, you're defeating the tinker class.

Also there's a very good reason why there's no blood healing spec.
    Probably because no class in the game owns the concept of blood magic healing.

Then I guess Blizzard is ignoring those "vast majority of necromancer fans" because they chose instead to reinforce their notion of a melee Necromancer class.
    Yeah, that's not what I said, at all. I never made the argument that the number of necromancer fans are vast. I simply said that the vast majority of necromancer fans have a concept in their minds that does not agree with you.

Also, let's flip this argument on you, again: "Blizzard is ignoring those "vast majority of tinker fans" because they chose instead to reinforce their notion that the engineering profession is their version of tinker." Since they keep updating the profession with more and more stuff.

Except Blizzard never stated they placed the Tinker concept in the engineering profession. However, they did say that they placed the Necromancer concept in the DK class.
    They also never stated that the death knight is the necromancer of WoW, like you claim. They only said that they put some of the ideas surrounding their necromancer concept into the death knight.

The Death Knight in WC3 was a Necromancer unit, and it was melee.
    Objectively false. The necromancer in Warcraft 3 was a necromancer unit, and it was ranged.

Again, if your goal is to be a competitive player, then just accept the fact that Blizzard is making you press ONE melee button as a Unholy DK in order to indulge your Necromancer fantasy.
    Again, if your goal is to be a competitive player, then just accept the fact that Blizzard is making you take the engineering profession and a mechanical pet as a hunter in order to indulge your tinker fantasy.

Yes, because it's completely immersion breaking to have a Necromancer slash someone with a two-handed Scythe and infect them with festering disease-filled boils.
    It is, yes. Because the necromancer concept does not "slash people" with a two-handed weapon. Necromancer cast spells from afar and let their minions deal with their opponents in melee.

I mean we never see Necromancers welding 2-handed scythes right?

Oh wait.....
    That was never my argument. However, it's not surprising to see you once again misrepresenting what other people say. You do it basically every time you respond to someone. I said that the necromancer fantasy for the overwhelming majority of people is of the robed, staff or dagger wielding ranged spellcaster. I bet that, while looking for those specific pictures, you could at least ten other necromancer pictures that fit my description for each one you found that matches yours.

You're literally arguing just to be contrarian. And I have evidence of that, because your own arguments contradict and defeat each other. Want an example? Here. You said this:
    Yeah, but their similarities end there. You're creating what amounts to an inverted Death Knight class.
    It's problematic because again you're doing an inverted DK class, just ranged instead of melee.
    And then you make this following argument that completely defeats the two above, by stating:
    Also it really needs to be said that you're just using Golems, poison, and Blood healing to avoid direct overlap with the DK class.
    Which means you know I am not making an "inverted DK class" because you just acknowledged that I made my class concept different from the DK class.

10+ Year Old Account
    a mail user tank / healer hybrid imo.

tinker may be an obvious choice. i wish there was a necromancer ( not like warlock or demon hunter ) or a battle mage ( mail wearer mage-esque class ) that i can choose.

absolute surprise would be a dread lord or vampire.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Those that do progression raids should accept the fact that Blizzard chose a profession to be the 'tinker' for WoW. See how easily it is to flip it back to you?
    Except you can't accomplish raid content with just profession items, so no, you didn't flip it back on me at all.

However, MY point is that if you simply can't life without a tech-based tinker that uses turrets and mechs and bombs, then you can do "brain-dead PvE" as a hunter with a mechanical pet and the engineering profession. However, there are plenty of casual WoW players who only want to explore Azeroth, do world quests, kill random world bosses and collect loot. For players like that, playing a hunter with the engineering profession with a mechanical pet is not a problem. See how easily it is to flip it back to you?
    Notice the difference here again; I said accepting a Necromancer concept that "forces" you to press one melee button in your rotation. You're still getting the ability to summon a menagerie of undead minions. You're still a dark harbinger of death. You have a plethora of death-based spells and abilities. Your ONLY concession is that at some point in your rotation you need to hit someone with festering strike. And frankly you don't even need to do that because you can just talent into Pestilence that will do the job for you in an AoE situation.

On the other hand you're saying that a Tinker fan must accept an alternative where the core attributes and abilities of the Tinker are completely absent. If you want to be able to use a single, animal themed bomb ability, you must use a spear or a sword and use abilities like Serpent Sting, Mongoose Strike or Raptor Strike. This isn't even close to being some sort of equivalence.

Hunters have bombs and grenades and have robot pets. There is no difference. According to you, necromancer fans have to gimp the DK by playing it at a fraction of what it can do.
    Yeah, false. Hunters have one bomb ability, and it's in a different spec from the gun-based spec. You can't obtain any robotic pets until higher levels, and those pets are frustrating and ridiculous to obtain unless you get to Mechagon. On the other hand, Necromancer fans have to deal with the horrific notion of stepping into melee range to press a button that causes disease filled pustules to form on their targets. Yeah, such a huge gimp to their gameplay.....

"One melee ability" that could not be used because it requires weapons that a necromancer cannot use. "One melee ability" that breaks the flimsy illusion they are forced to create. "One melee ability" that does not belong to the necromancer fantasy.
    Again, the notion that a Necromancer cannot use a 2h scythe is a restriction completely constructed in your mind.

Behold, a Necromancer with a 2H scythe;

This ability to slash a target with a scythe (or some sort of bladed weapon) and cause disease filled boils to form on their body doesn't belong in the Necromancer fantasy? You can't be serious here.

Irrelevant. That's like saying mages cannot have a fire spec because shamans "use a bit of fire". Or that death knights cannot have a frost because shamans "use a bit of frost". Or demon hunters cannot have chaos magic because warlocks "use a bit of chaos".
    I was merely pointing out your erroneous notion that there was no class using poison magic.

Hunters also use a pretty wide variety of tech gadgets, plus they can have robot companions. By your own logic, you're defeating the tinker class.
    Oh? Name this "wide variety" of tech gadgets that Hunters can use. Also please make sure to name the tech gadgets that Hunters can use on a spec per spec basis.

Probably because no class in the game owns the concept of blood magic healing.
    The DK does. They use Blood magic to heal themselves in order to tank.

Yeah, that's not what I said, at all. I never made the argument that the number of necromancer fans are vast. I simply said that the vast majority of necromancer fans have a concept in their minds that does not agree with you.
    Or agree with Blizzard it seems....

Also, let's flip this argument on you, again: "Blizzard is ignoring those "vast majority of tinker fans" because they chose instead to reinforce their notion that the engineering profession is their version of tinker." Since they keep updating the profession with more and more stuff.
    Yeah, the difference (again) is that we have Necromancer abilities in the Death Knight class. We have zero Tinker abilities (or any class abilities) in the Engineering profession.

They also never stated that the death knight is the necromancer of WoW, like you claim. They only said that they put some of the ideas surrounding their necromancer concept into the death knight.
    Wouldn't that mean that we literally have Necromancer concepts in the Death Knight class? I mean, we have Necromancer abilities from WC3 in the Death Knight class for example.

Objectively false. The necromancer in Warcraft 3 was a necromancer unit, and it was ranged.
    And the majority of its abilities went to the Death Knight class......

Again, if your goal is to be a competitive player, then just accept the fact that Blizzard is making you take the engineering profession and a mechanical pet as a hunter in order to indulge your tinker fantasy.
    Except a competitive player wouldn't be using engineering bombs in their rotation. Especially as a Hunter.

It is, yes. Because the necromancer concept does not "slash people" with a two-handed weapon. Necromancer cast spells from afar and let their minions deal with their opponents in melee.
    Again, let's please be specific here; YOUR concept of the Necromancer doesn't slash people. That doesn't mean that EVERY Necromancer concept wouldn't have the ability to slash people. Some of Blizzard's own Necromancer concepts have Necromancers who use weapons to attack. Also in WoW there would be times where a Necromancer would have to use melee attacks, even if it was a ranged caster.

That was never my argument. However, it's not surprising to see you once again misrepresenting what other people say. You do it basically every time you respond to someone. I said that the necromancer fantasy for the overwhelming majority of people is of the robed, staff or dagger wielding ranged spellcaster. I bet that, while looking for those specific pictures, you could at least ten other necromancer pictures that fit my description for each one you found that matches yours.
    You said specifically that a Necromancer would not be wielding a 2h Scythe;

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia
    Also how do you know that a dagger wielding ranged Necromancer is the fantasy for the "overwhelming majority of people"? Did you take a poll, or are you just making an assumption? I'm willing to bet if you showed the typical Necromancer fan the pictures I posted, they would say that's a Necromancer. If you told a Necromancer fan that a Necromancer class had ONE melee ability where they slash their target with their enchanted Scythe and caused disease-filled lesions to form on their victim that a Necromancer fan would say "yeah, that's definitely something a Necromancer could do."

You're literally arguing just to be contrarian. And I have evidence of that, because your own arguments contradict and defeat each other. Want an example? Here. You said this:
    Completely irrelevant to the discussion we're having now. Yeah, your class concept is purposely attempting to avoid overlap with DKs, and yet it's still an inverted DK concept. The point is the reason you're stuck in that loop is because what makes a Warcraft Necromancer a Warcraft Necromancer is thoroughly wrapped up in the DK class, so even when you try to purposely avoid overlap, you're still stuck in the loop.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2021-01-01 at 05:52 PM.

dont staffs and polearms have a scythe model?

Oh look, another thread that is hijacked by the tinker clan.
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    dont staffs and polearms have a scythe model?
    Didn't you read Ielenia's posts? Necromancers don't use 2H scythes, they just use daggers and staffs.

And yeah, there are staffs that look like Scythes, but Necromancer fans have to get a class that matches their fan concepts 1:1 it seems.....

Didn't you read Ielenia's posts? Necromancers don't use 2H scythes, they just use daggers and staffs.

And yeah, there are staffs that look like Scythes, but Necromancer fans have to get a class that matches their fan concepts 1:1 it seems.....
    since when has a necromancer used a dagger?

10+ Year Old Account
    You'd have to ask Ielenia that one.

before they make a new class they should bring back the old classes like in wotlk
    you know where you had like access to 90% ablities of a class and a few special ones sticked to a spec talent
    since cata it's more like playing a spec instead of a class (and legion made it even worse)
    nowadays you don't play a class you play a spec

Except you can't accomplish raid content with just profession items, so no, you didn't flip it back on me at all.
    But you wouldn't be doing "just profession items". You'd also be using your tech-based hunter abilities, and letting your robot pet attack too, using their tech-based abilities.

I said accepting a Necromancer concept that "forces" you to press one melee button in your rotation.
    One button or four-hundred seventy-one buttons. It doesn't matter. The whole point is about gimping yourself for the sake of making your class fantasy come true, which would exclude you from progression raid and mythic+ groups.

Yeah, false. Hunters have one bomb ability, and it's in a different spec from the gun-based spec. You can't obtain any robotic pets until higher levels, and those pets are frustrating and ridiculous to obtain unless you get to Mechagon.
    So you can do it, but you're being entitled. You were the one talking about making sacrifices to make your fantasy come true, didn't you?

Again, the notion that a Necromancer cannot use a 2h scythe is a restriction completely constructed in your mind.
    Demonstrably false, and another example of your dishonesty. I never said that a necromancer cannot wield a two-handed scythe. What I said is that they wouldn't wield polearms and other two-handed weapons except staves.

Behold, a Necromancer with a 2H scythe;
    Mmhm. And how many other images of necromancers that fit my description did you have to sift through to find that one single image? I'm going to guess a lot.

This ability to slash a target with a scythe (or some sort of bladed weapon) and cause disease filled boils to form on their body doesn't belong in the Necromancer fantasy? You can't be serious here.
    I am serious, because it doesn't. The necromancer concept is not about being in melee striking foes with their weapon. Instead, they rely on their undead minions and their spells.

I was merely pointing out your erroneous notion that there was no class using poison magic.
    It's not erroneous. At least, you wouldn't find it erroneous if you were actually trying to have an honest conversation, as it is obvious for anyone reading it that I'm talking about specs focusing on poison magic.

Oh? Name this "wide variety" of tech gadgets that Hunters can use. Also please make sure to name the tech gadgets that Hunters can use on a spec per spec basis.
    Wildfire Bombs
    Barrage
    Steel Trap
    Trick Shots
    Explosive Shot
    Hi-Explosive Trap
    Bursting Shot
    Seven, out of one-hundred and twenty-three class abilities. That's 5.6% of the class. That's plenty enough abilities, considering you think 7% is "more than plenty":
    I'd call it more than plenty. You're acting quite entitled.

The DK does. They use Blood magic to heal themselves in order to tank.
    So you're saying that the priest class cannot have a holy healing spec because the paladin class can tank by healing himself with holy magic. This is another example of your bullshit, as it is beyond clear to anyone wanting to have a honest conversation was that I was talking about a healing spec.

Or agree with Blizzard it seems....
    This has nothing to do with "agreeing with Blizzard". We simply don't agree with what you claim Blizzard says. You're not Blizzard's spokesperson.

Yeah, the difference is that we have Necromancer abilities in the Death Knight class. We have zero Tinker abilities (or any class abilities) in the Engineering profession.
    We have bombs, grenades, rockets, mechs, mechanical pets, turrets, healing guns, etc. All tinker abilities.

Wouldn't that mean that we literally have Necromancer concepts in the Death Knight class?
    No. Because what they said could easily mean just the class mechanics they had in mind. Just like one can argue the class mechanic for runes from the runemaster made it into the DK class.

I mean, we have Necromancer abilities from WC3 in the Death Knight class for example.
    We don't, anymore.

And the majority of its abilities went to the Death Knight class......
    Stop moving the goalposts. We're talking about concepts. Also: none of the WC3 necromancer unit abilities are currently within the death knight class, today.

Except a competitive player wouldn't be using engineering bombs in their rotation. Especially as a Hunter.
    And a competitive player would not be gimping their class by keeping important abilities out of their rotation.

Again, let's please be specific here; YOUR concept of the Necromancer doesn't slash people.
    My concept, and the concept of the majority of necromancer fans across the world, if the depiction of the necromancer concept in the overwhelming majority of the media (books, comics, movies, TV series and games) are anything to go by.

Also how do you know that a dagger wielding ranged Necromancer is the fantasy for the "overwhelming majority of people"?
    Nice try, but I never said that, at all. Scythes are also staves. And you bet if a necromancer class is added, we'll be seeing a lot more scythe-shaped staves. Hell, Blizzard might even make a whole new weapon type, too.

Completely irrelevant to the discussion we're having now.
    It's actually very relevant, because it shows your dishonesty in this discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

They're most often associated with staves and scythes, but they're also seen commonly with daggers, too: