Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The best part of this is the seatbelt being worn. We don’t use airbags, but buckle up asshole!
    Cos nothing says "I'm manly!" like being afraid of the police stopping you for not wearing a seatbelt... lol
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/...icer-sicknick/

Ya'll, there are "Sicknick truthers" that are convinced that he wasn't killed during the riot, but that he died of "natural causes" or was murdered just to make Trump look bad.

And yes, the National Review, the once "respectable" news outlet, has picked it up and is running with it. No surprise, it's Andrew McCarthy.

The truth? We don't know 100% still. But it's clear something happened while he was defending the Capitol building during the. Apparently not knowing is just killing conservatives, so they're taking to conspiracy theories.

Again.

Fuck every one of these people. I hope the family can sue them all to hell for putting them through more pain and suffering with their conspiratorial bullshit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/...icer-sicknick/

Ya'll, there are "Sicknick truthers" that are convinced that he wasn't killed during the riot, but that he died of "natural causes" or was murdered just to make Trump look bad.

And yes, the National Review, the once "respectable" news outlet, has picked it up and is running with it. No surprise, it's Andrew McCarthy.
    I don't know, their reporting looks right to me.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    I mean they've always been kinda shit, but for an outlet that once released an issue of their quarterly magazine titled, "Against Trump", they've sure flipped hard on that position.

I guess being anti-Trump as a conservative outlet just doesn't pay the bills, so you gotta pander the violent, racist nutjobs rather than report the news credibly.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean they've always been kinda shit, but for an outlet that once released an issue of their quarterly magazine titled, "Against Trump", they've sure flipped hard on that position.

I guess being anti-Trump as a conservative outlet just doesn't pay the bills, so you gotta pander the violent, racist nutjobs rather than report the news credibly.
    It's definitely true. Even though it was expected that people like Tucker Carlson would become QAnon apologists, Fox has even revised their coverage, becoming more pro-Trump to try and claw people back and salvage ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guardian
    Nielsen numbers, published this week, found that Fox News ranked third out of the three main cable news channels in January. It was the first time since 2001 that Fox News found itself in third place, and continued a pattern from the end of 2020, when Donald Trump urged his supporters to abandon Fox News in favor of even more rightwing rivals like NewsMax and One America News.

“Fox News has led in the ratings for two decades. They have historically been unrivaled in attracting an audience,” said Matthew Gertz, a senior fellow at the progressive media watchdog Media Matters.

Gertz said he had detected a shift at Fox as the network attempts to win back “the most hard-edge” Trump supporters.

“The network really needs to win them back. It’s of great concern for Fox if they’re no longer in first place. It’s not going to be possible for them to command the same ad rates, it’s not going to be possible for them to demand the same fees from cable carriers,” he said.
    - Source
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

https://www.propublica.org/article/i...l-insurrection

The riot squad defending the embattled entrance to the west side of the U.S. Capitol was surrounded by violence. Rioters had clambered up the scaffolding by the stage erected for the inauguration of President Joseph Biden. They hurled everything they could get their hands on at the cops beneath: rebar, plywood, power tools, even cans of food they had frozen for extra damage.

In front of the cops, a mob was mounting a frontal assault. Its members hit officers with fists and baseball bats. They grabbed at weapons slung from the officers’ waists. They unleashed a barrage of M-80 firecrackers. Soaked in never-ending streams of bright orange bear spray, the officers choked on plumes of acrid smoke that singed their nostrils and obscured their vision.

One officer in the middle of the scrum, a combat veteran, thought the rioters were so vicious, so relentless, that they seemed fueled by methamphetamine. To his left, he watched a chunk of steel strike a fellow officer above the eye, setting off a geyser of blood. A pepper ball tore through the air over his shoulder and exploded against the jaw of a man in front of him. The round, filled with chemical irritant, ripped the rioter’s face open. His teeth were now visible through a hole in his cheek. Blood poured out, puddling on the pavement surrounding the building. But the man kept coming.

The combat veteran was hit with bear spray eight times. His experience overseas "was nothing like this,” he said. “Nothing at all.”
    This is a fucking chilling account of what happened and how trust in leadership from many Capitol Police officers is completely shattered.

How the fuck do you hire lawyers who defend you buy saying "other people do it too".

Well hell i know i raped a bunch of women, but hell other people rape too!!!

Dismissed!!!
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

This is a fucking chilling account of what happened and how trust in leadership from many Capitol Police officers is completely shattered.
    Yep, and I was just reading my phone, and that dumbass Ron Johnson thinks that Trump's attorneys destroyed the House Impeachment argument. And I am like, were you even there for the entire time? You have to be fucking retarded to not understand that if this were a court of law instead of the partisan hacks of the Senate, that Trump would be almost guaranteed convicted.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...272d4a1e94757b

He really is fucking stupid.

Chilling indeed. I am listening to the republican lawyers speak their bullshit and think about this chilling account, and it makes it so much harder to respect republicans. Thank you for posting this.

7+ Year Old Account

At a political level, there's also the call McCarthy had with Trump, where McCarthy calls Trump and asks him to call off his supporters to the response: "Well, Kevin, I guess these people are more upset about the election than you are". The situation fucked at every level and gets darker the more that is revealed about it.

Has there been a single person that came up and actually owned up to their behavior?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Has there been a single person that came up and actually owned up to their behavior?
    Generally, if people had the capacity of self-reflection to lament their hubris, they wouldn't do shit like that in the first place.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Calls are increasing for a 9/11-style commission to fully investigate the Jan 6 Insurrection and Destruction of the Capital Building.

Excellent.

This is how the Truth and Reconciliation Committee will be borne.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Brutal.

For everyone:

Which four Senators should sit on the Capital Insurrection Commission (you have to pick two GOP)? Who should Chair it? And why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Calls are increasing for a 9/11-style commission to fully investigate the Jan 6 Insurrection and Destruction of the Capital Building.

Excellent.

- - - Updated - - -

Brutal.

For everyone:

Which four Senators should sit on the Capital Insurrection Commission (you have to pick two GOP)? Who should Chair it? And why.
    For the GOP, Alaska's Merkowski(sp?) And Gram, just cause she'd brow beat him.for any bullshit, but with Gram there, it gets harder for trumpets to claim it was all never trumpers that were out to get him. As for the two dems, just anyone with a solid investigation background will do.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Well I mean lots of them were posting about doing it on social media, so clearly they were "proud" of it to some extent.

Whether they realize what they did was wrong? Well, they can think long and hard about that as they rot in jail.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    For the GOP, Alaska's Merkowski(sp?) And Gram, just cause she'd brow beat him.for any bullshit, but with Gram there, it gets harder for trumpets to claim it was all never trumpers that were out to get him. As for the two dems, just anyone with a solid investigation background will do.
    I like the GOP choices and the reasoning. I would tend to agree. And yeah, any two Dems will do, with a few exceptions.

Warren to chair the committee.

Excerpt:

Several rioters have reportedly smashed their phones, wiped hard drives and deleted photos. One man allegedly stole a police officer's body camera and another woman had her children delete photos off of their phones, moves that could result in additional charges, CNN noted.
    First of all, the Hill refers to them as 'rioters'. I still prefer domestic terrorists, but this is acceptable. This is a huge change from a month ago.

Second of all, these people have seen themselves change from being hailed as heroes fighting for an honest election to villains attempting to assassinate the republican Vice President and the Speaker of the House. The democratic impeachment management team was MERCILESS in coming after them. And the videos they put together were viewed over and over and over.

The defense that Trump via his attorneys gave for them is: they are vile criminals that need to be prosecuted to the maximum extent of the law. Trump was never in favor of these activities, and any criminals that thought that Trump was ok with this were delusional and just flat our wrong.

Trump didn't just throw them under the bus, through his lawyers he MASSACRED them. Trump's lawyers called his most fervent supporters CRIMINALS THAT NEEDED TO BE PROSECUTED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT OF THE LAW.

Of course they are trying to run away from this. They are now the most notable villains in the US. And Trump's lawyers trashed them almost as mercilessly as the democratic impeachment management team.
    Last edited by Omega10; 2021-02-15 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post

Excellent.

- - - Updated - - -

Brutal.

For everyone:

Two republicans should be Mitt and one other who has been vocal anti trump. No one that voted to aquit must touch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    Yeah but the gist of her comment is accurate. There are reasons that Trump has not already been convicted in the Senate, and is very likely going to not be convicted when all is said and done. "Trump tapped into so much anger" means quite clearly that this anger exists and is not going to go away easily.

Some of this is due to racism. But a lot is due to the fact that the US is falling apart. And the stimulus packages that passed, being so overwhelmingly used to help out major corporations, many of which didn't even do the minimal job of retaining the workers they were supposed to retain, certainly did not help.

White Americans are coming to grips with the fact that economic realities that used to happen only to black and brown people, and to Muslims and gays and atheists, are now hitting them square in the face. And now republicans are likely to succeed in watering down the current stimulus package to the point that it is somewhat helpful, but only for a short time. Democrats only get 1 bill that can be passed via reconciliation.

McConnell and Manchin have done a good job of shielding Biden from a lot of the anger that will continue to brew as the US continues to falter. But the anger will be going somewhere. And she is correct that Biden needs to be quite aware of the anger - to mitigate it as much as possible, and let others like McConnell and Manchin channel it away from him when necessary.
    Sounds to me that you are thinking the US should start negotiating with/giving into terrorists?