Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Why would I use Cure 1? That's a wasted GCD right there. Oo

Also, if you are canceling your aura immediately, you have 1 HP and basically die in the next autohit.
    There is a very, VERY small chance that any healer would be able to react in time. So doing this is just griefing the group.

If you tried that with me, you would get the boot immediately.
    Realistically, I am only using it to troll one of my discord friends who is a WHM. Because its funny.

I have been banned from tanking in queues though, now i get to Elusive Jump to my death.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Honestly, I like the idea of the skill. Knowing when to recognize to lose 99.9% of your life in order to give your healer time to breath.
    Or at least to scare the fuck out of them
    I just think Dark Knight sucks and is uninteresting to play as. I dont think playing as WAR without what makes WAR fun just isnt interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TidalConflux View Post
    I just think Dark Knight sucks and is uninteresting to play as.
    It's my favourite tanking class.
    Cheesing mechanics with Blackest Night and getting a free counterattack? Yes please! ♥

Trolling buddies is ok but don't use it with randoms.

It's my favourite tanking class.
    Cheesing mechanics with Blackest Night and getting a free counterattack? Yes please! ♥

Trolling buddies is ok but don't use it with randoms.
    Bring back SB DRK. It may have been bad but we had identity.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    You need to go out a bit more if showing a little leg is slutty in your eyes.
    that guy is a mongoloid, but garterbelts are literally sex clothes

7+ Year Old Account
    I just think Dark Knight sucks and is uninteresting to play as. I dont think playing as WAR without what makes WAR fun just isnt interesting.
    I was thinking of going DRK for my next tank (I main GNB)
    Should I go WAR instead?
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    I was thinking of going DRK for my next tank (I main GNB)
    Should I go WAR instead?
    Play what you want, DRK is great. I honestly have no idea what he's saying when he says DRK is just a WAR without what makes WAR interesting.

TBN is the most fun you can have tanking.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Play what you want, DRK is great. I honestly have no idea what he's saying when he says DRK is just a WAR without what makes WAR interesting.
    I mean Blood Gauge is the same thing as the Beast Gauge. Its to the point where they function almost the same with similar actions. The only difference is that ShB DRK has less cohesion overall and adding jankiness to certain places.
    Last edited by TidalConflux; 2021-07-13 at 12:15 AM.

As for making it a main game, I personally cant do it. I just dont find the endgame that enticing to maintain a subscription plus I got a six month wait for content (3 for FF15 event).
    This entire concept of it as a "Main game" is confusing to me. Do you just mean a game you are forced to constantly play? If that's the case I don't want FF14 to be that at all. Stuff like that is what's ruined WoW.

Besides the story being fantastic, one of the best parts of the game is that I can dip in and out when new content is released. I don't want them to shove a thousand new systems into the game to make it feel obligatory to keep playing else I'll be behind when the new patch comes out.

That said I've finished Stormblood at this point and if I really wanted to, there are several week+ long grinds I could do if I wanted. So if you're looking for grinds to do there's definitely not a lack of them.

I am progressing through Stormblood and really don't see why people don't like it. I'm liking it even more than Heavensward - the music / setting, the tone, the villains, the emotional aspects all resonate much better than heavensward (though the HW theme is god-tier). I guess I'm more of a sucker for the traditional politics / war aspects of the story than the more fantastical elements.

It especially really started to pick up at the Azim Steppe. The dungeons have been really good too, there are noticeably less of them, but the ones I've done have been pretty challenging and mechanically / visually interesting. I also just did the Lakshmi Trial and...whoah. Not just for the usual reasons, but that was a fun fight.

My main issue is Lyse is pretty bland, as is Yugiri, and though the rest of the cast is good, they're not on the level of Estinien / Ysayle (Though I personally found Gosetsu's death to be much more emotionally resonant than Hearchefant, just because I never really thought Haurchefant was all that interesting.
    Last edited by infinitemeridian; 2021-07-13 at 03:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drindorai View Post
    This entire concept of it as a "Main game" is confusing to me. Do you just mean a game you are forced to constantly play? If that's the case I don't want FF14 to be that at all. Stuff like that is what's ruined WoW.

Besides the story being fantastic, one of the best parts of the game is that I can dip in and out when new content is released. I don't want them to shove a thousand new systems into the game to make it feel obligatory to keep playing else I'll be behind when the new patch comes out.

That said I've finished Stormblood at this point and if I really wanted to, there are several week+ long grinds I could do if I wanted. So if you're looking for grinds to do there's definitely not a lack of them.
    The idea of a main game is to me a game where i feel rewarded for putting my time into the game and one i can enjoy with friends.

I do not have that atm with FF14 between the combination of friends being on-and-off with that game plus a very uninteresting endgame. Sure, Im fine to dip in and out -- but i wish there was more to do at that end of the game for battle content (mostly has to do with being on the worst NA DC for content, but eh).

If I compare it to WoW - i have an active guild, more active friends, fresher content, etc. The idea of systems doesnt bother me because i will play the patch one way or another (if i dip -- i am generally okay).

Its why I dont like the endgame cycle -- there isnt really a big enough bridge between casual to midcore content. To me, whats the point of doing the Tomestone weekly cap -- if i have no need for the gear level? Glamour - sure, but i can wait until 6.0 when its poetics or make a different glamour.

There isnt that drive for me if there isnt something I want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I am progressing through Stormblood and really don't see why people don't like it. I'm liking it even more than Heavensward - the music / setting, the tone, the villains, the emotional aspects all resonate much better than heavensward (though the HW theme is god-tier). I guess I'm more of a sucker for the traditional politics / war aspects of the story than the more fantastical elements.

It especially really started to pick up at the Azim Steppe. The dungeons have been really good too, there are noticeably less of them, but the ones I've done have been pretty challenging and mechanically / visually interesting. I also just did the Lakshmi Trial and...whoah. Not just for the usual reasons, but that was a fun fight.
    Slow build up, weird pacing, the bait and switch for a Doma focused 4.0 instead of the Ala Mhigo build up are a few things I remember.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am progressing through Stormblood and really don't see why people don't like it.
    I think Zenos is a lame villain. I have worries about Endwalker in that respect as well.
    Apart from that I think they tried to do too much in one expansion.

Still I'd never consider SB bad in any sense. The story was fun and the zones lovely.
    I love the night theme of the Lochs:

Damn, I wish I could play like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just wondering; Bards have a "unique job skill" (for lack of better description) exclusive to them in the form of Performances.
    Do any of the other jobs get a fun little gimmick like?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Fun fact about first impressions: when I first tried XIV, I played BLM for 2 days, was super annoyed and thought it butt ugly. I started in Thanalan and dear Lord that was depressing.
    A couple of months later my Buddy begged me to give the game another chance and I did. This time I started as a WHM in Gridania and pretty much instantly fell in love.

Still think Thanalan is ugly though.
    Kek, i started with a pugilist when FF was giving the 1st trial, gave up as soon as they sended you to kill mobs outside because the combat was slow as fuck and because i got lost on Uldah :V

My main issue is Lyse is pretty bland, as is Yugiri, and though the rest of the cast is good, they're not on the level of Estinien / Ysayle (Though I personally found Gosetsu's death to be much more emotionally resonant than Hearchefant, just because I never really thought Haurchefant was all that interesting.
    Lyse was best as Yda, she has 0 personality othen than "wont somebody please think of ala mhigo"

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    On the last picture...What is the guy next to your character is using?. It looks super lame on male characters. Is like that guy stole her sister sexy shirt and use it.
    I might be confusing that with a different garment, but I believe that is an Igote, which was used by Japanese archers to protect from the drawstring. Except here it's worn on both sides rather than just one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    The time i played on Moonguard, i knew people are able to go weird quickly, and after looking at Goldshire Inn and think..."What are these people doing here?", "Why the naked characters?" and "Why paying for a game, just to be here all day?". Now i get it why....People actually get in love with their characters (is that a fetish or something?).

I accept...I dont get it. And maybe i never will....
    When MMOs were first come out, like Second Life in the early 2000s, someone once compared dressing up your player avatar with playing with action figures/barbie dolls. I suppose other people view their player character as some as an identity too. People in EVE Online spend hours in their hangar just spinning the camera around their fabulous internet spaceships.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    WoW armor design is hideous. They haven't had a good set since T6 in BC. It never ceases to amaze me how clothies all have to wear robes they look like they bought from a modesty website. Ankle length, long sleeved, high neckline. It's cloth, they're not wearing it for protection, go nuts!
    It'd due to the limitations of WoW. Until a few years ago, they couldn't do 3D chestplates, and do so sparingly because there are like 30 different models (15 unique racial models x 2 genders) that it needs to fit on so that it doesn't glaringly clip when one racial model bends over too far or something.

FFXIV also has clothing limitations. Notice how we almost never get capes, and when we do get capes, they are very awkwardly rigged to flap around like a robe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Assuming he really has problem with skimpy female amor I couldn't imagine what could have happened if he'd found out about Tera Online so called "armor". Yet I doubt we'd see that as he hates everything about FF14 and would want it to shut down, not Tera (not sure if Tera is still up and running btw).
    Wasn't Tera censored when it came to the West? IIRC Blade & Soul is more ergregious.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that the "Heavensward > Stormblood" thing is due to the echochamber effect. When HW came out, it had a little bit better step up in quality than the ARR patches people had been enduring for years, so they were impressed by it. When Stormblood came out, it maintained the same level of quality, but people were expecting another step up to wow them like HW did, so they were disappointed, and due to who echochambery FFXIV's fandom is, that became the enduring opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Slow build up, weird pacing, the bait and switch for a Doma focused 4.0 instead of the Ala Mhigo build up are a few things I remember.
    Heavensward has all of the same problems people criticize Stormblood for. A weak beginning, a good middle, and a weak last act. Bait and switch where the cinematic trailer hypes up this epic war against dragons with hundreds of soldiers... only for you to spend the entire expansion walking around with 3 other guys talking to people, and then you get a 5 minute battle in post-patch content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Lyse was best as Yda, she has 0 personality othen than "wont somebody please think of ala mhigo"
    Agreed, though at least I remember Lyse from Stormblood. Can't remember the girl you adventured with in HW.

I think Lyse may have suffered from having to compete with her role with the other lad-ette, Alisae, and Alisae was re-introduced a few patches earlier and is generally the more likeable lad-ette.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    It'd due to the limitations of WoW. Until a few years ago, they couldn't do 3D chestplates, and do so sparingly because there are like 30 different models (15 unique racial models x 2 genders) that it needs to fit on so that it doesn't glaringly clip when one racial model bends over too far or something.
    It's not about the limitations of 3D, it's that they decided after BC that female characters should be fully clothed from head to toe. Robes of Insight (and their recolors from AQ) are still my favorite robes and they were created in vanilla. I've long thought that Blizzard needs to hire an actual costume designer like TERA and I believe FFXIV has because whoever they have in charge of that process can't design for crap. At the very least, they could have contests where fan artists design sets and give the winners some digital, in-game items for whichever sets they decide to use for the game. It wouldn't cost them a thing and would greatly enhance transmog in WoW.

Wasn't Tera censored when it came to the West?
    Elin (the "loli" race) definitely were. Their armors were graphically butchered to give them boy shorts. I want to say that at least one of the Castanic (skimpy AF race) armors was just outright removed for being too revealing (which is saying a lot for Castanics), but I'm not sure.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account

Maximum preset as it changes 3 settings, but they're virtually meaningless performance-wise and arguably visually. Final scores vs High preset were around a 400 point difference, that's it.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Final Fantasy 14 had such a spike in players that Square Enix temporarily ran out of digital copies. Good stuff.

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/final-fan.../#comment-jump
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Final Fantasy 14 had such a spike in players that Square Enix temporarily ran out of digital copies. Good stuff.

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/final-fan.../#comment-jump
    I'm sure that simply means they don't keep tons ready to go. Just like how Nintendo limits supply then you see people bragging/articles that Nintendo's so popular that "demand is incredibly high and supplies are vanish from shelves"
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset