Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    There should be an auto logout after x hours until they fix the server queues. That some people are permanently online since the game launched (using autoclickers etc) while others haven't been able to login for days is just unfair.
    Tbh. I'll do the same now. Just installed AHK again.

in an attempt to cope, could it be that stuff like that actually helps? Because I kinda don't believe the queue depends on people actually going offline. Couldn't it be their weird - ddos protection thingy - that bundles up logins to send them in all at once.
    It's hard to imagine that servers run at capacity since there are literally 0 ping issues/lag on mine I don't know why they aren't tickling out a bit more.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-12-06 at 06:16 PM.

There should be an auto logout after x hours until they fix the server queues. That some people are permanently online since the game launched (using autoclickers etc) while others haven't been able to login for days is just unfair.
    I understand why you want this, but if someone is legitimately playing the game for any length of time there absolutely should not be an auto-log out feature that kicks people like that out and there's really no way for SE to know who's using autoclickers vs who's actively playing without doing a HUGE amount of investigation that frankly isn't worth their time.

As frustrating as it is, this problem will go away by itself in a couple weeks as things calm down.

Queues aren't the problem (they're completely unsurprising), it's the Error 2002 crap that requires you to babysit the queue for however long you're in it. If it was just log-in, wait 2 hours and then play, that would be fine I could go run errands or plan around it, but instead I have to sit at my desk and re-log in every 10-20 because the server takes a dump and we have to get back in line.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I understand why you want this, but if someone is legitimately playing the game for any length of time there absolutely should not be an auto-log out feature that kicks people like that out and there's really no way for SE to know who's using autoclickers vs who's actively playing without doing a HUGE amount of investigation that frankly isn't worth their time.
    Is it legitimately if they go to sleep while their character does a jump every 5 minutes until they wake up? I have only been able to login during night hours yesterday und you just have to look at sharlayan. Chars just standing there jumping almost in synch at regular intervalls. Thats why I didn't advocate for an actual investigation with bans and so on. Just an auto logout after X hours so other people also have a chance to get in sometime.

Is it legitimately if they go to sleep while their character does a jump every 5 minutes until they wake up? I have only been able to login during night hours yesterday und you just have to look at sharlayan. Chars just standing there jumping almost in synch at regular intervalls. Thats why I didn't advocate for an actual investigation with bans and so on. Just an auto logout after X hours so other people also have a chance to get in sometime.
    You're advocating for there be a blanket log-out for everyone, after X hours. Which means that would apply to people who are legitimately playing too, in the middle of a quest, cutscene, duty, raid, or whatever.

No. That's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    You're advocating for there be a blanket log-out for everyone, after X hours. Which means that would apply to people who are legitimately playing too, in the middle of a quest, cutscene, duty, raid, or whatever.

No. That's ridiculous.
    It's been done before. https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...e73eaba1c52976

Simple: autologout people who spend X amount of time in cities.

At this point, these subhuman limsa idlers should just be banned for malicious server obstruction. hell, they're using 3rd party tools in 9/10 cases. ban el for that.

You know, for a "community" that prides itself on being friendly and non toxic, I'm seeing a whole load of toxic players in these limsa idlers.

They're the equivalent of those cunts that bought all the hand sanitizer during the initial corona panic. They're taking a up space to do nothing, while genuine players sit in 10 hour queues or cant play at all.

They have no excuses anymore for failing to plan properly. It happens every expansion with them, and usually takes a month or longer before it is back to normal. And I think most of the reason it takes so long, is folks get fed up with the hassles, and just cancel their orders. I tried from Friday, until today, still can't log in, and getting error 2002 every time I'm in the queue. Which means I have to restart the entire process again. None of my build mates have had any luck either. And I was thinking this was a specific issue to me, or us, but after seeing them give folks " 7 days of free service" as compensation, it is clearly a massive issue for most folks.

To touch on what some other folks are saying. The biggest issue is 100% macros set up to jump or move, or do whatever every few mins so they can stay logged in while at work or sleeping. FFXIV tried to prevent that, but it caused issues of more folks complaining. Everyone is extremely selfish and they don't care if them staying logged in while they can't play keeps someone else from playing.

My entire guild, as well as myself, have all canceled our subscriptions and pre-orders. We might try again in a month or two, depending on how things go, and if folks love the expansion or hate it. But there's zero point in paying for something you can't even play. If you work, have a life outside of gaming, and can only play for maybe 2-3 hours a night, then there is no chance for that type of player to even get through the queue to play. But it is what it is. Really dumb of SE to not plan better, knowing this happens every expansion. Only, it was NEVER this bad in past expansions. The amount of money they're losing to this..... Almost $1000 just from my guild, and I know we aren't the only ones. Especially considering FFXIV approved my cancelation of the pre-order with 10 mins of me submitting it. It is a HUGE issue, and since they can't fix it, just giving the money back is the only thing they can do.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    They have no excuses anymore for failing to plan properly. It happens every expansion with them, and usually takes a month or longer before it is back to normal. And I think most of the reason it takes so long, is folks get fed up with the hassles, and just cancel their orders. I tried from Friday, until today, still can't log in, and getting error 2002 every time I'm in the queue. Which means I have to restart the entire process again. None of my build mates have had any luck either. And I was thinking this was a specific issue to me, or us, but after seeing them give folks " 7 days of free service" as compensation, it is clearly a massive issue for most folks.

To touch on what some other folks are saying. The biggest issue is 100% macros set up to jump or move, or do whatever every few mins so they can stay logged in while at work or sleeping. FFXIV tried to prevent that, but it caused issues of more folks complaining. Everyone is extremely selfish and they don't care if them staying logged in while they can't play keeps someone else from playing.

My entire guild, as well as myself, have all canceled our subscriptions and pre-orders. We might try again in a month or two, depending on how things go, and if folks love the expansion or hate it. But there's zero point in paying for something you can't even play. If you work, have a life outside of gaming, and can only play for maybe 2-3 hours a night, then there is no chance for that type of player to even get through the queue to play. But it is what it is. Really dumb of SE to not plan better, knowing this happens every expansion. Only, it was NEVER this bad in past expansions. The amount of money they're losing to this..... Almost $1000 just from my guild, and I know we aren't the only ones. Especially considering FFXIV approved my cancelation of the pre-order with 10 mins of me submitting it. It is a HUGE issue, and since they can't fix it, just giving the money back is the only thing they can do.
    pls understando, small indie company. Couldnt find a server or two despite promising they would.
    Didnt they delay the expansion without any real prior warning to aboid this?
    Last edited by Boobtoob; 2021-12-06 at 06:53 PM.

50 in queue after waiting two hours. I see the screen pop up when you are actually logging into the game. Then get kicked. Now I can't even get back in queue because I keep getting a 3001 error. "The world if full" bullshit.

That's similar but not quite the same thing. You said after X hours, that's once a day.

But I see your point. I still think it's not great, as it could literally kick someone out while in the middle of doing something. But if they're actively playing at that time they'd be able to log back in immediately when it was available.

Quote Originally Posted by Boobtoob View Post
    FF14 isnt as popular as the zealous fanbase would have you believe. 20K is a huge number for them, usually they wallow at around 5-8k
    Massive cope

Made the dumb decision to start a new trial ps4 account a couple hours before the maintenance... because I wanted to play on my couch with controller in my living room with some brewskies (new found beauty of FF14) , and wanted to be a lalafella... Started to fall in love with the character.. Now I haven't been able to play since , feels bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Massive cope
    Indeed. From your end.

Indeed. From your end.
    I m not the one with a backburner account coming on a megathread of a game with only posts bashing it and using twitch metric to measure a games popularity. Cope harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    I m not the one with a backburner account coming on a megathread of a game with only posts bashing it and using twitch metric to measure a games popularity. Cope harder.
    Deflection and coping. More people care about mcfucking CHESS than about ff14. During le super ebic hype launch.

You got jebaited by clickbaiting bandwagoner youtubers. Cope. Seethe. Sneed.

pls understando, small indie company. Couldnt find a server or two despite promising they would.
    Didnt they delay the expansion without any real prior warning to aboid this?
    That is what they said. And even if they did have an issue finding hardware or whatever. Figure it out. The worst thing you can do as a company is creating a product everyone wants, but have no way to get it to them. If you can't accommodate the demand, people move on. They're losing tons of money right now, and its only going to get worse on Tuesday.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll just leave this here..it's what many people want.

https://pastebin.com/msgnDN5M
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    That is what they said. And even if they did have an issue finding hardware or whatever. Figure it out. The worst thing you can do as a company is creating a product everyone wants, but have no way to get it to them. If you can't accommodate the demand, people move on. They're losing tons of money right now, and its only going to get worse on Tuesday.
    You're talking to a fanbase that will gladly literally eat shit aslong as their lord and saviour yoshita makes a fake crying video asking them to do so.
    Industry giant square enix was incapable of finding some extra servers. yeah right.

That doesnt even excuse the lack of basic functionality such as queue spot protection, so you dont get put back in the end every time their shitty servers shit themselves.
    ff14 always used the cheapest shittest servers. They've always been shit. I remember when EU didnt even have any servers and they were just forced to play on US servers, making the game borderline unplayable.

That doesnt even excuse the lack of basic functionality such as queue spot protection, so you dont get put back in the end every time their shitty servers shit themselves.
    There is queue spot protection, its just not flawless. From what I've seen it mostly unfortunately seems to fail when you're in the last 'chunk' or if you wait a while relaunching the game (which is really rediculus, why can't it just kick me back to the main screen at the very least).

ff14 always used the cheapest shittest servers. They've always been shit. I remember when EU didnt even have any servers and they were just forced to play on US servers, making the game borderline unplayable.
    Admittedly can't speak for EU, but haven't encountered any US server issues outside of this log in business.

People should really stop giving low post accounts the time of day when they're doing nothing but trying to incite an argument.

Anywho, just finished Zone 3 and I have to say I am a bit disappointed that I finished it and that was it. It almost felt like they were compelled to put it in the game because they've talked and teased about it for SO long but when we got there, they didn't really know what to do with it.

I totally understand they were going for the, "We distrust all outsiders" angle because the normal Garleans have been basically forcefed propaganda about the rest of the world for their entire lives. However, the fact that we don't end up having even a SINGLE person whose mind we change or sympathetic to what we're doing made me want to just say, "Screw it, they're literally starving to death and freezing, and they don't want our help, let them die" toward the end of the story.

I think the zone suffered more than anything I've done so far from the fact that it followed up Shadowbringers. Because we definitely experienced something SIMILAR to Garlemald where we show up to an area and people don't like us or don't appreciate us and we have to work to make the place better. It was Eulmore. And the thing Eulmore has that Garlemald does not is the Chais. People who are told one thing about reality but they quickly learn they're wrong and they evolve. I had thought once the woman and her sister died trying to run from us despite us trying to help them, perhaps the other 3 survivors might have been actually given names and evolved a bit but nope.

To be perfectly frank, by the time the Legatus killed himself I was just thinking, "Good. Thank god." The moment they wanted to essentially attach bomb collars to children's necks and nobody stepped in, they completely lost me in terms of believability. They didn't even give me a dialogue option to be like, "This is fucked" and Alphinaud stops me or something. I HAD to go along with it. I felt that way for other Garlemald dialogue options as well. Where I feel like any normal person would be saying something like, 'This shit's fucked up, no way I'm going to agree to this.'

I do genuinely believe if Zone 3 had not followed up an expansion with a similar concept, it wouldn't appear so subpar by comparison. I really loved the beginning and ending of it but the entire middle was just not great.
    Last edited by Drindorai; 2021-12-06 at 08:30 PM.