Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    We literally have several "leaks" per day. And they are all about same shit. Calm thy tits.
    It kinda goes a different way
    We do go to dragon isles but dragons aren’t a focus
    We fight the infinite and the light and the void and time travel and attack stormwind because turalyon is brainwashed

Subclass system that works exactly like specs

1+ Year Old Account
    Lmfao. Sorry if the “!” made it seem like my post was trying to be more important that it really is. I simply added a comment to this thread. All of us are talking nonsense. Of course this new one is a joke.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    It kinda goes a different way
    We do go to dragon isles but dragons aren’t a focus
    We fight the infinite and the light and the void and time travel and attack stormwind because turalyon is brainwashed

Subclass system that works exactly like specs
    Ok, so like all the leaks are a different combination of dragons, Emerald Dream and Void/Light. How exactly this one is any different? Also LOL at yet another attempt to push Siege of SW. This leak season is an utter shit. Trolls on burner accounts everywhere copy-pasting same stuff while people are seriously trying to debate and analyze it.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-01-22 at 07:34 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Well, all leaks are fake, so it doesn't matter.
    That's exactly what I was talking about. Maybe it's a wishful thinking, but If leak does not talk about cross-faction play in some way or fashion it's an instant mark of fake for me.

- account-wide tab for profession patterns - all side profs completely account-wide, you still can pick only 2 main ones and reroll cost let's say ~10k gold, but never had to relearn any pattern
    I wish they would do more account-wide stuff, but don't think it would happen. IMO taking cues from session-based games is the only way to go for WoW.

- squish level again to 60, revamped world as default route of course (not sure if they should make it linear journey starting on Exile's Reach or create multiple starting points like Cata had)
    Yeah, they should just do level+ilvl+stat squish every expansion. Just go full on "season"-mode.

- war mode revamped into heroic mode with much harder world and UNIQUE rewards; including rewards for leveling chars from 1-60 in this version
    My thought as well. Maybe even add mythic mode where open world is only survivable in groups. My only note that those modes should make mobs interesting: require interrupts, stuns, positioning etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MabusGaming View Post
    I'll go ahead and point out the most glaring mistake with the fan made logo. So the green number 2 was where a spike was (presumingly or something and it was photoshopped out or some issue happened), so you can clearly see it didn't round properly like a normal circle anymore. The green circle number 1 was another rounding mistake where they put in the top of the cracked stuff.

I also highlighted the T issue in red as well. Again because (my best guess from all the previous WoW logo lettering you could choose from, that they took the BFA logo for the lettering and did everything to that.) So they don't have the original layered assets.

And this in no shape or form hating on it haha, I think it's extremely well made, I applaud it haha, but it's definitely not an official thing.
    I'd say there are bigger issues than that, honestly.

In no particular order:

This whole section is just a mess

It doesn't read clearly. There's no reason for this light effect that's on it--that's something someone thought would look cool. It just drops the contrast and pulls the eyes down off the logo. Also this isn't how (tm) gets treated. TM isn't part of the same text, it's an addition that you try not to draw focus to. By which I mean that it should not be the same color as the main subtitle text (it's not the same body of font) and it 100% shouldn't have the glow effect on it like it does here.

This just reeks of someone having TM on the same layer as Empire of Dragons and hitting the whole thing with linear blur or something.

The colors are bad. Like really bad. By which I don't mean "I don't like those colors" but instead that they are just poorly chosen and a total mess. Wow Logos (or any high quality logo) are simplistic in palette.

The Shadowlands logo has 4 colors (black, white, grey-metallic, and gold metallic)
    The BfA logo has 3 colors (blue, grey-metallic and gold-metallic)
    The Legion logo has 2 colors (green, black)
    WoD logo has 4 colors (yellow, orange, standard metal, and then a sort of "wood" texture)
    And then every logo prior is just yellow/gold of the main text and the primary color (jade, red-orange, blue, green, blue)

This logo is all over the place, in part I think, because someone probably hit this with a saturation effect that caused low quality chromatic noise.

It has dark purple, yellow, orange, light blue, red/pink, a sort of yellowed egg-shell. It's just an absolute jumble that makes the whole thing way too noisy and distracting. The main text is all over the place with hints of purple and blue and red, and teal... which is also consistent with someone just sort of mucking about with hue sliders and saturation.

The background is low quality. The stars are very uniform, like someone took a basic spray tool and just did a once-over with white stars and then a once over with teal/blue ones. Also in this same section it's missing the backing for the main Warcraft--there should be a black stroke around the text to help it stand out against the background, even Shadowland's mock-up logo had that (though in poor quality)

Also re:stars--the person who made this also put speckled stars on the Warcraft text. Like the above lighting effect on the subtitle, this screams someone who thought this would look cool and not someone who is doing real design, having stars on the text and background just reduces contrast and pushes the text into the background where the other stars are (most noticeable on the bottom of the C in Warcraft)

I don't know what the scroll-work is trying to communicate, which is a red flag. The border is usually quite thematic. In Shadowlands it is made up of flowy Oribos gold bits and sharp, pointy Maw dark grey bits. In BfA it evokes armor and weapons. In warlords it is orcish-industrial. This one... is just? What even? It's not dragon-y. It's not light or voidy. It's like vaguely elven bits slapped onto the side. Another one of those "it looks cool so I'll go with this" things.

I have been wrong in the past and could always be wrong in the future. But everything about this screams "made by a fan".

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    It has to be Dragon Isles. It's the last major Azeroth landmass that exists in the lore but has not been explored yet.
    Wrong.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-in-the-future

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Ok, so like all the leaks are a different combination of dragons, Emerald Dream and Void/Light. How exactly this one is any different? Also LOL at yet another attempt to push Siege of SW. This leak season is an utter shit. Trolls on burner accounts everywhere copy-pasting same stuff while people are seriously trying to debate and analyze it.
    It’s different because people are finally using the scarlet crusade

Every leak season sucks dude but you can find a few ya like and treat them like a sports team
    Yeah they might lose but hey it was a fun season

Being all “omg all of these suck they are unoriginal and boring and don’t catch my interest” is a downer

Though I do agree that one sucks

It’s different because people are finally using the scarlet crusade

Every leak season sucks dude but you can find a few ya like and treat them like a sports team
    Yeah they might lose but hey it was a fun season

Being all “omg all of these suck they are unoriginal and boring and don’t catch my interest” is a downer

Though I do agree that one sucks
    What could they do with the Scarlet Crusade in 10.0 that would be remotely interesting? I'm out of ideas.

Using the order as a puppet of another greater force yet again would just be stale. If they wanted to go an interesting route, make a reformed Scarlet Crusade an actual good organization this time around. At least it would be something fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post

I don't know what the scroll-work is trying to communicate, which is a red flag. The border is usually quite thematic. In Shadowlands it is made up of flowy Oribos gold bits and sharp, pointy Maw dark grey bits. In BfA it evokes armor and weapons. In warlords it is orcish-industrial. This one... is just? What even? It's not dragon-y. It's not light or voidy. It's like vaguely elven bits slapped onto the side. Another one of those "it looks cool so I'll go with this" things.
    When I first saw it, it seemed kind of reminiscent of an airship. But that's just my take.

Wow, that unexplored location list is even more thorough than what we tried to put together a few days ago on this thread.

Ominous Island. I recall wondering if they were going to dredge that up for either Battle for Azeroth (because of the dream element and N'Zoth's connection to the Emerald Dream?) or Shadowlands (the 'even older and more unholy than the Scourge' part), I don't remember which.
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    When I first saw it, it seemed kind of reminiscent of an airship. But that's just my take.
    I immediately saw a bow with nocked arrow (the arrowhead is cropped in the quoted picture, and I imagine the arrow shaft is "behind" the logo, otherwise it would look weird).
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2022-01-22 at 08:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    Wow, that unexplored location list is even more thorough than what we tried to put together a few days ago on this thread.

Ominous Island. I recall wondering if they were going to dredge that up for either Battle for Azeroth (because of the dream element and N'Zoth's connection to the Emerald Dream?) or Shadowlands (the 'even older and more unholy than the Scourge' part), I don't remember which.

I immediately saw a bow with nocked arrow.
    Some of remaining ones are very minor but they could blow them up for the sake of creativity(And no I don't believe Blizz lacks that, they just chose differently). Like Balor that island close to Stormwind. Still a bit miffed about Crestfall being an island expedition.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Some of remaining ones are very minor but they could blow them up for the sake of creativity(And no I don't believe Blizz lacks that, they just chose differently). Like Balor that island close to Stormwind. Still a bit miffed about Crestfall being an island expedition.
    Yeah, and that's one of the things that makes it hard to ever feel 100% about most leaks. For any thing that can be used to debunk them, there's often a technicality that makes it still possible even if it's not probable.

Setting?
    Real expansions have ran the gamut from no new continent at all - just a few zones in an existing one (Cataclysm), to inflating islands to full continents - in gameplay if not in lore (half the expansions from Pandaria onward), to revealing that a destroyed or sunken island was only slightly damaged after all (Broken Isles, sort of, and Zandalar).

Lore?
    More or less the same as setting. There's essentially nothing they've shown that they won't retcon. Just because Draenor used to be called the Red World before it became Outland, doesn't mean they won't flesh it out into a more Earth/Azeroth-like world. Just because Zandalar was destroyed doesn't mean they won't say that it's actually mostly okay and has entirely new threats for us to face there. I don't mean to sound negative about this, just that even a major lore contradiction doesn't mean someone is lying.

Name?
    Every real expansion has had its name criticized by someone. Mists of Pandaria and Warlords of Draenor were definitely two whose names came out before the official announcement and deemed fake by large groups for it. While I think it's possible to be a better or worse judge of this, we still have a wide variety in real names and, again, new lore could give context to something that sounds weird before we get it.

Pattern?
    After Burning Crusade added new races, Wrath of the Lich King added a class, and Cataclysm added new races again, an assumption emerged that future expansions would follow a pattern of alternating between new races and a new class. However, Mists of Pandaria added one race and a class. After that point we haven't had any consistency. Warlords of Draenor had neither, Legion had a class again, Battle for Azeroth had an entirely new race system, and Shadowlands had neither again. While some have tried to find larger umbrellas to sort them into, it's nevertheless clear that any new expansion could do any number of things from "nothing", an old standard, all the way to a new unexpected system.

Features?
    The precedent for these is less clear off the top of my head, but in general we've seen a lot of wild features in the last few expansions, good and bad. Between the fact that so many features are only used in one expansion and then never again, and that even within those expansions some major selling points have barely been supported past launch (Warfronts perhaps most infamously), even things that sound weird aren't really beyond possibility.

Wording?
    Sloppy writing or inconsistent details may immediately seem like a bad liar, but it's happened before that the leaker was just legitimately sloppy. Sometimes even the above problems, particularly lore inconsistencies, were actually just the leaker misunderstanding the thing they were trying to leak. I believe there was a Legion leak that knew about the Artifact system, but described it as a more in-depth Reforging. This matters a lot for details. Sometimes the real thing comes across much differently not because the leak was fake, but because it was described poorly or inaccurately in a key way.

Of course, this also means that a real leak could end up still being wrong, in the sense that the information it gives us is misleading about what we're actually going to get (and then there are cases where expansions change quickly and significantly even between the official announcement and when we get it, like Warlords of Draenor).

Also, just to be clear, I'm not saying this makes every "leak" equally plausible, just that it's hard to be 100%. Maybe more like 95%. ;P
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2022-01-22 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    What could they do with the Scarlet Crusade in 10.0 that would be remotely interesting? I'm out of ideas.

Using the order as a puppet of another greater force yet again would just be stale. If they wanted to go an interesting route, make a reformed Scarlet Crusade an actual good organization this time around. At least it would be something fresh.
    Yeah I don’t think the new scarlet crusade that literally said “we will purge stormwind of all the creatures” can be a good organization

They apparently have the true heir to the menethil throne (I personally don’t buy that because I think Talia is the true heir)

Whether or not they are puppets doesn’t matter to me because they are an organization that can grow and pose a threat not only in terms of battle but in terms of story. Some human kingdoms might side with them and so might some in stormwind. Heck make the heir a black dragon or make the organizer a black dragon and you have the stereotype of black dragons screwing with human kingdoms. The point is the scarlet crusade is only as powerful as the people who follow it and ordinary citizens of Warcraft have already shown they can be a fun form of enemy.

Maybe they discovered a powerful magic relic during the crap that was BfA and they plan to use it to rise to power.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    The top is dragon horns leading to the bottom that is the end of dragon fire

7+ Year Old Account
    They apparently have the true heir to the menethil throne (I personally don’t buy that because I think Talia is the true heir)
    There's nothing to buy.

They claimed that they have Calias 'son'.
    She never had a son, she had a daughter.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    There's nothing to buy.

They claimed that they have Calias 'son'.
    She never had a son, she had a daughter.
    would people in universe know that though? we know that because it says so on the wowwiki.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    This one... is just? What even? It's not dragon-y. It's not light or voidy. It's like vaguely elven bits slapped onto the side.
    It's not elven, those are Naaru pieces.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arcinatoss View Post
    would people in universe know that though? we know that because it says so on the wowwiki.
    Obviously not, but i'm not talking about the in-universe perspective.

Formerly known as Arafal

that'd make for a pretty interesting story though, our very own fake Aegon.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.926630786.6827/mp,840x830,matte,f8f8f8,t-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.jpg[/IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

Obviously not, but i'm not talking about the in-universe perspective.
    Naaru bits on a supposedly Dragon expansion. Alright then I think we can rest our case.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    Here's a side by side:

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Naaru bits on a supposedly Dragon expansion. Alright then I think we can rest our case.
    Considering how much the logo aesthetics clash with the expansion name, we could've done so from the get go.

A shame really, it is a very pretty logo.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2022-01-22 at 09:06 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Oh yeah! I can't believe I didn't notice that (I once myself used Naaru pieces in a character design).

Weird. Now I'm curious as to why that motif was chosen. I looked back to see if it was using an older fake Light expansion logo as a basis, but the one I had archived didn't do this.