Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Nukes are not a deterrent to Putin. Blowing up the entire Earth and exterminating the human race is on the table for him I think.
    I dont think that is on the table for anyone. It would mean killing themselves and if evil people love one thing, its themselves and money.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

I would begin fleeing major cities ASAP.
    LOL wat, wait...oh its you...never mind
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nukes are not a deterrent to Putin. Blowing up the entire Earth and exterminating the human race is on the table for him I think.
    I think MAD, so ICBMs and thermonuclear tipped cruise missiles probably are, since they’re too telegraphed. But he’s been playing up their pursuit of smaller munitions, I’m less sure they’d be off the table since they won’t necessarily provoke a MAD strike.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    The real question now is - how many days (hours?) till russians commit war crime that is big enough that west cannot ignore/sweet talk it anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Biglog View Post
    If anyone thinks sanctions don't do anything, check the Russian markets in free fall since yesterday. The Russian MOEX down over 33% today. For comparison the Black Monday/Black Tuesday 1929 Great Depression stock market crash was a little under a 24% drop. Their markets have been dropping so severely that it raises some concerns about their long-term economic stability after this.

On the Chinese flights to Taiwan's IDZ I'd suggest doing some more homework there. It's fairly well known that China does those incursions into Taiwan's IDZ almost daily and has for a long time, that is not a new development at all. Nor is it a sign of an imminent invasion. And any media source trying to present it as such is being misleading.
    Pretty much. Until we see a major military buildup along China's southeastern coastal regions, all the talk about Taiwan invasion remains just that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    The real question now is - how many days (hours?) till russians commit war crime that is big enough that west cannot ignore/sweet talk it anymore?
    I mean, and what would they do? They still wont send troops. They can only escalate sanctions. But maybe this time they would be unified.

Welp, Russian aircraft carrying equipment crashed close to Ukraine.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-02-24 at 08:20 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy1018 View Post
    The flip side is that every other market is falling also. You seem to forget a few things.

1. We have all become sloppily connected financially.

2. Putin does not care as long as China backs his play.

3. Corps will play both sides until they can make a winner or a winner is decided.

Now please I am trying to reread Solo Leveling, and have to walk to the corner store for cigs. Also anyone that wants to come at my position please do just read my other post about no gods being here and know it might take time to reply, this thread is moving fast over shit already done. Russia won, sadly, and Taiwan is next. I don't like it, but this is how it is, anyone entertaining thoughts that Ukraine is not done for don't @ or quote me, it was over before it started.

- - - Updated - - -

Get the fuck off your high horse. You have had 80 years of unprecedented peace and forgotten what humans really are, your "moral high ground" shit is less then noise in the wind and always has been.
    It looks like most of the indexes went up today. S&P 500 up 0.63% and Nasdaq 2.26%. All the mega cap stocks also went up.

China will likely stay neutral. They are not going to offer any military support. Economic support through trade will be limited also. Russia is less than 1% of China's trade. Despite the high-tech sanction, the US is still king when it comes to trade.

Trade between China and Russia is also limited by the available conduits which are limited to a few overland rail routes and a single gas pipeline. The sea lane between China & Russia, the most efficient mean of moving high volume of goods, is problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Never.
    Not the war crimes. Those have probably already happened. I mean the West not ignoring them or at least not actually doing anything about it.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

7+ Year Old Account
    This is the Great Filter.
    There is no filter that must stop human expansion.
    I would begin fleeing major cities ASAP.
    Dead planet as I said.
    Enough with the pessimism. The planet is becoming more hospitable to humans and civilization, it is not dying.

As far as Putin/Russia they're just mad that they can't create a strong diversified economy which is why they focus on military conquest, they think it makes them look strong.
    Last edited by PC2; 2022-02-24 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I mean, and what would they do? They still wont send troops. They can only escalate sanctions. But maybe this time they would be unified.

Welp, Russian aircraft carrying equipment crashed close to Ukraine.
    I feel like Russia could deploy nerve gas against Ukraine's major cities and Germany still won't do anything that hurts their supply of Russian gas.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I feel like Russia could deploy nerve gas against Ukraine's major cities and Germany still won't do anything that hurts their supply of Russian gas.
    Should not fuck yourself with knee-jerk decision of ditching nuclear power because an earthquake damaged one on the opposite side of the globe.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

The Jailer was probably planning this all along. Putin is a dreadlord. The unrest in the world will delay the world first raid. This gives the Jailer enough time to enact his plan.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinfelle View Post
    The Jailer was probably planning this all along. Putin is a dreadlord. The unrest in the world will delay the world first raid. This gives the Jailer enough time to enact his plan.
    Le epic meme, friend. Glad you came to this thread with your funnies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    There is no filter that must stop human expansion.
    It is a great filter, war is one of them.
    Last edited by Mister K; 2022-02-24 at 08:43 PM.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Should not fuck yourself with knee-jerk decision of ditching nuclear power because an earthquake damaged one on the opposite side of the globe.
    Germany decided to ditch nuclear power under Schröder, even though Fukushima sped up the movement. They started shutting down nuclear power plants in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfelle View Post
    Putin is more like Sylvanas, he corrupts the horde (Russians) and navalny is like saurfang.

On topic:

I'm disgusted with the reaction of the EU in this, why even try to get Ukrainians into the EU family if you are not willing to help them until the end, this is the second Afghanistan of the west, a major failure that will make it lose all of its credibility. None will ever want to join the west now and they will be right to do so. This is a sad day where fascism won because those who are supposed to represent democracy are just cowards.

I feel really really sad for the people of Ukraine who believed in this and fought hard for it. I wish my country was never part of the EU, I'm pretty sure the same thing will happen to my country one day (Greece) and none will bother helping us out.
    Last edited by Vampiregenesis; 2022-02-24 at 08:48 PM.

Does anyone know what kind of weapons did US and UK supplied to Ukraine? Anything sensitive? Could they have gone into the hands of Russian military now?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    Germany decided to ditch nuclear power under Schröder, even though Fukushima sped up the movement. They started shutting down nuclear power plants in 2003.
    Oh ok, that puts even more context into his Team Gazprom joining.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiregenesis View Post
    This is a sad day where fascism won because those who are supposed to represent democracy are just cowards.
    You can always join Ukraine's army. They need all volunteers they can get.