Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    We do know. It's on the front page of MMO-champion the wording they used in the code.
    I was referring to the mobile game. It was never confirmed the mobile game won't have the "World of" branding or have some form of integration with the MMO.

I said "slim chance" because I don't want people making huge assumptions in either direction: I'm old enough to remember when the entire Blizzard fandom was sure Overwatch was going to be a WoW property because the Draenei used the word Overwatch at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    If you're trying to prove that WoW's races are more aesthetically presentable than the FF ones, I'm afraid there is nothing to discuss.
    Not at all. Though i'm not saying they're less, either. You're simply incorrect about what they are. WoW's races are anthropomorphic. FFXIV's are cosplaying humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Oh I wish.
    move it into maintenance mode
    then after a few years launch WoW 2 set in the future with a new cast and a new engine
    allow your account to move stuff like transmog and mounts over via an inheritance system

Dragonflight is way too specific to be a mobile game. Especially given it was one of the more obvious themes for the next expansion to begin with. The tiers discussed are also using past naming structures for expansions (standard, epic, etc.). A mobile title is also not going to have a "base" tier. That's reserved for a box purchase. Diablo Immortal has 3 paid tiers, but it wouldn't be flagged as "base."

There's also a big difference between pre-registering for a free mobile game, which the new mobile title is far more likely to be, and something explicitly talking about a "pre-purchase."

The mobile title is more likely to be a more generalist Warcraft title along the lines of Raid that allows for more than just dragon-oriented characters.
    Last edited by Vakir; 2022-04-04 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    It's the Seneca Nation logo next to it.

Makes me wonder if that's something for the survival game.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also finally saw the logo properly and it's definitely not a reskinned BFA one. But those wingy bits on the side I don't know how to feel about, either emotionally or legitimacy-wise. Feels like too big a break from the traditional logo to me.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    move it into maintenance mode
    then after a few years launch WoW 2 set in the future with a new cast and a new engine
    allow your account to move stuff like transmog and mounts over via an inheritance system
    I'd say this would be a really bad idea just because two (3 if you include Overwatch) of Blizzard's big tentpoles are already in maintenance mode. Hearthstone can't support the entire company.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
    Makes me wonder if that's something for the survival game.
    Or, you know, it could just be completely unconnected to Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Or, you know, it could just be completely unconnected to Blizzard.
    This right here. Not everything in a Blizzard work place, let alone what appears to be an art print oriented spot, is going to involve some kind of Blizzard title. Seneca and Native American people exist.

Since last night I've been thinking about the detailed/questionable Dragonflight leak posted on this site and idk.... the more I think about it the more of a nagging feeling I get that it might actually be right. Beyond getting the name right, there are a lot of things that line up with the PTR even though the post was made long before the PTR went up:

-Revamp of Quelthalas aligns with the zone name used for the Blood Elf quests in 9.2.5

-Revamp of Lordaeron lines up with map changes around the Undercity on 9.2.5

-The fact that the blood elf armor questline randomly has full voice acting makes me believe they had those actors in studio already for more extensive work

-The Khadgar/Jaina scene in 9.2.5 gives a convenient reason why Khadgar would be absent from Dalaran in the next expansion

-The existence of Uldaz was first mentioned by MOTHER in 8.3, around the time they would have been doing initial conceptual work for 10.0. This is also the patch where they brought back all the dragons as characters for the Heart Chamber quests.The leak claims Uldaz is a zone.

-The leak mentions dark rangers long before T&E came out with that video laying out all the evidence for them (though this could have been surmised by any clever person paying attention)

Yes the announcement date is wrong, but of all the things this is the most likely to be changed at the last minute.

I don't know... I'm not saying it's legit. I still don't really believe it, but there are *so* many things that coincidentally line up with the PTR, and after some number of coincidences you have to start paying real attention to it.

So, Dragonflight!

Wasn't expecting to get information like this or at this time.

I don't have much to say on the name itself. It doesn't really tell us anything other than there'll be a dragon theme, which was the prevailing theory anyway. Obviously it stands out that it's singular, but who can say what meaning that has?

The art and logo are interesting if no one has been able to debunk them so far. I'm not fond of what looks like potentially another desaturated-on-desaturated color scheme like Battle for Azeroth, but whatever I guess. Otherwise it doesn't add much to the speculation.

At this point, this hilariously didn't really narrow anything down. The February "leak" is the closest thing, but as has already been covered a million times, there's nothing about it that couldn't have been guessed at the time, though I appreciate the fun of it lining up anyway. If Awakenings was the name we got, we'd still have half a million "leaks" associated with it.

One thing I want to say about the "micro classes" is that, looking at the leak as a whole, the micro classes feel less to me like "weirdly lazy classes they only did one spec for" and more like "class skins that didn't line up well with an existing class, so they fell into a special category." Specifically, I'm looking at Chronomancer. Someone said to me "why isn't that just a mage class skin" and I pointed out it was because it's a healing spec, and mage doesn't have one so it can't just be a skin for mage. The other class skins have some functional changes, but not role-level ones.

I'd really love to get that leak, honestly, even though there's nothing in it that grabs me personally (in other words, nothing like ogres or a spellbreaker class skin). Setting the precedent of class skins alone would be great, and this covers a lot of things I'd like to see even if I don't plan to play them.

For the record, I don't think it's impossible to get something crazy like that out of the game anymore. Not to be optimistic, but frankly realistic (the cynicism is in the implementation, not the possibility). No one saw the Allied Races coming. While their implementation left something to be desired, they still essentially covered the long-requested sub-race feature. Even Shadowlands initially blew everyone's minds with the new customization stuff (and how it continued to add sub-races like the long-requested Wildhammer). I think a lot of us (even myself) take it for granted because we learned about it forever ago and they didn't touch it much during the expansion, but my point is that Blizzard totally still does unexpected big features. I mean, maybe class skins will be poorly supported post launch, but that doesn't mean they can't happen.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2022-04-04 at 03:28 AM.

@Rae888

I mean, you ain't wrong. Besides sheer cynicism that a lot of it sounds too good to be true, my remaining reason for not buying into it is that the user is banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Sounds like a stale Shadowlands 2.

Meaning it's probably legit.
    Hard to disagree honestly. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that they are trying to aim for a Legion-tier expansion with the intention of getting back some lost faith.

He also later posted admitting he made it up, so I don't know why people are still talking about therewillbedragons leak.
    i think so because correct me if im wrong he was the one that made dragonflight

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    @Rae888

I mean, you ain't wrong. Besides sheer cynicism that a lot of it sounds too good to be true, my remaining reason for not buying into it is that the user is banned.
    If it wasn’t for micro classes, I’d be on the bandwagon too.
    But those are just a logical and logistical nightmare. I just cannot fathom why or how Blizzard would even attempt this.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Hard to disagree honestly. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that they are trying to aim for a Legion-tier expansion with the intention of getting back some lost faith.
    It's at the very least debunked. That exact post, that precise fake leak, is exactly the one outside maybe Viking's EoD that I thought could be the case. Very glad to be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    i think so because correct me if im wrong he was the one that made dragonflight
    Nah. His was untitled. Chromatus made Dragonflight, and he's banned after only two posts of doing nothing wrong, which again is usually a sign of evasion/sockpuppeting. Not a topic we're allowed to talk about, but just saying. :/

That hurts the credibility a lot. It implies either lots of fakes posted by the same guy, or that he had reason to bullshit a burner account.
    Last edited by Vakir; 2022-04-04 at 03:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I'd say this would be a really bad idea just because two (3 if you include Overwatch) of Blizzard's big tentpoles are already in maintenance mode. Hearthstone can't support the entire company.
    while 13.0 isnt updating you can do things like boosting old raids or adding seasons and theres also classic

its not ideal but a possibility

Microclasses and all zones being end-game content with no levelling are the most amazing things they could do to save the game to be honest, I feel anyone complaining about them likely complained about Demon Hunter having only 2 specs or the Level Squish...

Microclasses and all zones being end-game content with no levelling are the most amazing things they could do to save the game to be honest, I feel anyone complaining about them likely complained about Demon Hunter having only 2 specs or the Level Squish...
    Adding a single class with two specs (or one) is not the same as adding four classes with one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Adding a single class with two specs (or one) is not the same as adding four classes with one.
    Plus skins that are way, way more intensive than I think people realize.

Class skins alone feel like a great feature idea, but they're the sort of thing that would probably be dished out gradually over time, not dissimilar to their original plans for the race updates in WoD. And that's JUST reskinning existing classes. People don't seem to understand that you'd be altering the effects and names and tooltips of dozens of variables.

Unless the "micro-classes" are similar to Havoc at its absolute most dishwater boring and bland version, it's a massive endeavor just to have ONE new set of icons, mechanics, abilities, talents, etc. And now casting animations are class based and there's tons of unique animations for melee combat and weapons for every single class. So that's highly demanding too.