5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Oh honey the expansion isn't coming this fall. Most likely spring 2023.
    The absolute shortest time between a reveal and a release was 9 months. With a mid April reveal that would but release at January. And that is the absolute earliest. So yeah, Autumn is super optimistic. Or a half finished rush job that makes KotoR 2 look complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Rae888 View Post
    It’s not just the name… it’s the name in conjunction with getting some zones right that didn’t see any activity until later when the 9.2.5 PTR was released. If it didn’t include the micro-class thing I think it would be widely considered the most likely to be right.
    EoA got revamped zones
    also got the leading cast getting new models
    also got heritage weapons

im just saying fanfic vs fanfic

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Balor and proto-demons thing
    What is a proto demon and why would they be under Azeroth?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masilya111 View Post
    Thematically, I think it would work quite well to bring Dalaran back, with the 'return' of the dragonflights. It would be similar to wotlk.
    It would be a bit lazy, but I love Dalaran so I don't care. And we saw Dadgar so I hope we see him again.
    If they do add Dal, I would want it to be updated, expanded upon (bigger) and placed back in its hole.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    Excellent question. Probably a bullshit retcon of what demons are. Sounds like something Blizzard would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    If they do add Dal, I would want it to be updated, expanded upon (bigger) and placed back in its hole.
    Omg staaaaahp, she might hear you! <_<

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Excellent question. Probably a bullshit retcon of what demons are. Sounds like something Blizzard would do.
    I think it could be interesting if done right

Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    So the way I see it, it’s to set the groundwork for a variety of new play styles that don’t necessarily mesh together; and with 1-spec but several-once-classes, you create a lot of variety for players and can easily build upon them in the future.

I can see the difficulty in combining dragon class, tinker, bard-ish class into something cohesive; each class is only 1/2 of what Demon Hunter was; I think it would actually work.

It could be they were like “fuck it, here’s all the class ideas we’ll ever do” to get people back and they’ll build on them more in the future (as I’m sure people would ask for)
    its like how final fantasy has classes you can only start late game.

Like many concepts cant be tacked onto another class? Necromancer? a DK wouldnt downgrade their armor, a priest? "someone who uses only dark magic" oh thats a shadow priest and they arent affiliated with undead. Every other priest uses the light. Warlock? I mean warlocks use shadowmagic but EVERY warlock uses demonic energy and none use necromancy, There is no crossover other than warlocks getting deathcoil early on. Bard? What could be viable? Rogue suddenly gets a manabar and 20 different abilities?

the 'it would be way worse to balance" ignores the fact that there is so much MORE work trying to balance 3 specs for each class. Thats why we have stuff like "Big heal does 30% spellpower for holy, 20% spellpower for disc and 15% spellpower for shadow", even abilities that specs share are used differently.

also a few things against the idea ignore potential changes. "why make 4 more sets per tier" well what if the special classes didnt get their own set. or what if they do away with class sets again and just have tier every other raid. for a few years now rogues and druids have shared armor. and again its just a matter of resources FF makes over the top , tons of work, sets for each class including the new ones you cant play till you hit the level cap, WoW could do it to if they chose to .

anyways the thing is for ANY progress to be truly made they will have to change the way they do things. It would make more sense for them to start a system of adding class skins or "hero classes" that take less work so they can add classes without adding a WHOLE class and all the bagage that comes with it; than to every few years add a whole class and all that baggage. why shake things up or decide to NEVER have new classes when they can pepper in a mini class every now and then without a big shake up. Talks about sets and animations assumes they wont be going more agnostic. Its ideal that in the next few years they should remove almost all transmog restrictions, So they COULD add in a class set without having to do one for everyone.
    And like it would make more sense to have every expansion be like a 'season' reset us to 50 and then lvl to 60 during the expansion, than it would be to NEVER have leveling again or continnue to need squishes every 5 years
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

5+ Year Old Account
    Omg staaaaahp, she might hear you! <_<

- - - Updated - - -

I think it could be interesting if done right
    Everything can be interesting if done right. But Shadowlands does not inspire much faith in Danuser.

I wonder if Blizzard will make some statement this week regarding the leak. Could they even push the reveal ahead?

I mean, if we got this two weeks before the reveal, imagine what else we will get in the coming days, for sure something else is going to get leaked.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Wonder when they will give the time for the expansion announce time. We don't know much other than it is April 19. Anyone remember when they announced the date for 9.2 announcement on Nov 11?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    I wonder if Blizzard will make some statement this week regarding the leak. Could they even push the reveal ahead?

I mean, if we got this two weeks before the reveal, imagine what else we will get in the coming days, for sure something else is going to get leaked.
    Oh more definitely will leak. But I don't think Blizzard is worrying about that. People are talking about WoW and not in the context of fuckups and criminal offences. That's good for them. Leaks are essentially good PR.

I doubt this changes their plans at all (the leak might have even been deliberate to generate hype). But there is so much involved in the announcement beyond just the stream itself… they need to have all promotional materials up on the web and translated into all supported languages, all their store items ready to go, etc. not something that’s easily changed.

Oh more definitely will leak. But I don't think Blizzard is worrying about that. People are talking about WoW and not in the context of fuckups and criminal offences. That's good for them. Leaks are essentially good PR.
    Do not know about that. I think that they are pretty angry about leaks in general. Especially if something important like systems, classes or races get leaked. The reveal being so late probably points towards them do not wanting to give anything away, as they have to keep the interest in the game in some way, as the expansion will not come until at least spring 2023.

5+ Year Old Account
    Do not know about that. I think that they are pretty angry about leaks in general. Especially if something important like systems, classes or races get leaked. The reveal being so late probably points towards them do not wanting to give anything away, as they have to keep the interest in the game in some way, as the expansion will not come until at least spring 2023.
    Not to be THAT guy again, but there are far fewer leaks for FFXIV. You can say that there aren't as many leak hunters, but even if that is true, another thing is that for FFXIV there is no PTR. All testing is done in house. So there isn't that much to datamine. Lo and behold for the Endwalker reveal people still believed it to be Forspoken untill the very last second. Everything we knew about 6.0 was controlled teases by the dev team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    As someone posted before, Balor was taken by the stormreaver clan during the first war, that was Gul'dans clan. So old horde warlocks, for three decades left alone, i could see them doing demonic stuff

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrif View Post
    As someone posted before, Balor was taken by the stormreaver clan during the first war, that was Gul'dans clan. So old horde warlocks, for three decades left alone, i could see them doing demonic stuff
    Yeeeah but demons predate Gul'dan by several millenia.

Not to be THAT guy again, but there are far fewer leaks for FFXIV. You can say that there aren't as many leak hunters, but even if that is true, another thing is that for FFXIV there is no PTR. All testing is done in house. So there isn't that much to datamine. Lo and behold for the Endwalker reveal people still believed it to be Forspoken untill the very last second. Everything we knew about 6.0 was controlled teases by the dev team.
    I wish that WoW follows FFXIV in that regard. Talking about FFXIV, I will platinum Elden Ring in the next two days, and after that I want to continue with the MSQ (only have completed A Realm Reborn base MSQ, not the patches), as I enjoyed It quite a bit, but WoW combat always comes to mind at some moment and I have to play WoW again

Considering in recent expansions any time a leak happens it's literally dangled on a stick by Blizzard. They want this to happen.

5+ Year Old Account
    I wish that WoW follows FFXIV in that regard. Talking about FFXIV, I will platinum Elden Ring in the next two days, and after that I want to continue with the MSQ (only have completed A Realm Reborn base MSQ, not the patches), as I enjoyed It quite a bit, but WoW combat always comes to mind at some moment and I have to play WoW again
    Yeah FFXIV combat is quite slow at the start and will only pick up the pace when you earn your GCDs. But also considering you aren't even halfway into the free trial, that is forgivable somewhat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I swear if this turns out to be true, I'm gonna be hyped af. It merges all that I have ever wanted in a WoW expansion.
    Not all, you wanted a full world revamp. This would just be the top 1/3 to 1/2 of the Eastern Kingdoms.