Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Fk, we screwed. Can USA lend us Chuck Norris?
    We'll send a very animated Tommy Lee Jones to have another awkward knife fight on a destroyer or whatever. I just hope that Jones will bring his bandana so the two can also have a bandana-off at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    I think people are forgetting Putin can still bring out the big guns and I’m not talking about nukes.

Remember Putin is best friends with Steven Seagal, you know Mr Hard to Kill. What if he joins in, any of you seen his movies.
    We will just call a security guard, we already learned that he can't take them.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Oh. So you think he was actively defending Russia and it's aggressions for years here in every thread regarding the topic (and keeps doing it on Twitter), just because he was afraid to speak against it? That he kept bringing up shoddy sources and arguing for days with others, simply becasue he was misinformed? That each time the ban was lifted, he was immediately flooding this thread with his Russian propaganda, because opression? Like, wut??? You do realize he could just not speak at all, if that was the case? Or do you think that FSB monitors MMO-C and identifies dangerous individuals? Fkin please! This deafens is so misguides, it makes me think you have never seen him in action.
    I for one am disappointed if the Ukraine thread regulars are not on some FSB watch list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fk, we screwed. Can USA lend us Chuck Norris?

Well Chuck Norris would be overkill better to lend you nuclear weapons far less dangerous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    We will just call a security guard, we already learned that he can't take them.

No Steven Seagal took on at least 10 Rastafarians nothing could stop him.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    With the proper missile, it can go in multiple directions at once.
    Well parts of it can...
    based
    _ _ _

So guys. I think y'all need to calm down.

The fact he has to resort to strong words says he's doing very badly. He's scared. He wants to live - otherwise he'd just shrug. It would mean nothing for him. Like, no response at all.

Also remember that he isn't slightest concerned with other countries opinions on the referendums other than using it as propaganda inside Russia if they agree. In fact, that whole thing was for internal consumption. He wants to keep his power. He needs to show them something. People are getting freaked out inside Russia. "Why do we need 300k more soldiers if everything is going so well?" but also being afraid of nuclear escalation (most people in Russia wants to live too!) over some oligarch's yact.

Another tell is that he poked inside our internal issues with his speech later that was directed to us. He tries to appeal to both extreme left and right so sow discord and keep us unable to act (look up OODA-loop). We need to shed ourselves of our politics, be grown up and view this war from a multipartisan view. Here's a good right wing critique against Jordan Peterson and his disgusting take on the war for example, and an excerpt from it:

https://newsletters.theatlantic.com/...ussia-ukraine/

"A clash over whether to use the word woman or a person with the capacity for pregnancy is a moral and philosophical dispute that can be mediated through the instruments of liberal democracy.

A Russian cruise missile launched into an apartment building, by contrast, represents a truly different order of depravity. A nation or culture does not have to be perfect to be right, and make no mistake—in the clash between the war criminal in the Kremlin and Ukraine and its NATO allies, the true moral high ground could not be more clear."
    Last edited by Voidism; 2022-10-05 at 07:38 PM.

I think people are forgetting Putin can still bring out the big guns and I’m not talking about nukes.

Remember Putin is best friends with Steven Seagal, you know Mr Hard to Kill. What if he joins in, any of you seen his movies.
    I'll see your Steven Seagal and raise you a Chuck Norris. Fuck Seagull.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I'll see your Steven Seagal and raise you a Chuck Norris. Fuck Seagull.
    I wouldn't trust Norris. Far-right, ultra-conservative Christian. He's just as likely to join Putin's side than help out.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    based
    _ _ _

So guys. I think y'all need to calm down.

The fact he has to resort to strong words says he's doing very badly. He's scared. He wants to live - otherwise he'd just shrug. It would mean nothing for him. Like, no response at all.

Also remember that he isn't slightest concerned with other countries opinions on the referendums other than using it as propaganda inside Russia if they agree. In fact, that whole thing was for internal consumption. He wants to keep his power. He needs to show them something. People are getting freaked out inside Russia. "Why do we need 300k more soldiers if everything is going so well?" but also being afraid of nuclear escalation (most people in Russia wants to live too!) over some oligarch's yact.

Another tell is that he poked inside our internal issues with his speech later that was directed to us. He tries to appeal to both extreme left and right so sow discord and keep us unable to act (look up OODA-loop). We need to shed ourselves of our politics, be grown up and view this war from a multipartisan view. Here's a good right wing critique against Jordan Peterson and his disgusting take on the war for example, and an excerpt from it:

https://newsletters.theatlantic.com/...ussia-ukraine/

"A clash over whether to use the word woman or a person with the capacity for pregnancy is a moral and philosophical dispute that can be mediated through the instruments of liberal democracy.

A Russian cruise missile launched into an apartment building, by contrast, represents a truly different order of depravity. A nation or culture does not have to be perfect to be right, and make no mistake—in the clash between the war criminal in the Kremlin and Ukraine and its NATO allies, the true moral high ground could not be more clear."
    The thing that thugs like him need to learn eventually is that words matter. Don't care if he's trying to be the big manly man for his nation, the shit he's saying is dangerous. And puts dangerous ideas in people's heads. Someone's going to have to teach that spoiled brat the truth about consequences.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    I wouldn't trust Norris. Far-right, ultra-conservative Christian. He's just as likely to join Putin's side than help out.
    I would be upset that you attack Chuck Norris like that. Then I remembered it's Chuck Norris and I don't have to worry about your feeble attacks against him.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I remain unconvinced it's willingly. Speaking up against the war can lead to being arrested or drafted to fight in the war.
    There is a gap wider then the grand canyon between not speaking out against the war and actively defending the war on a forum page dedicated to WoW.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

No Steven Seagal took on at least 10 Rastafarians nothing could stop him.
    But security guards are his kryptonite, he becomes so weak and uncoordinated that falls just trying to get into a defensive stance.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    We'll send a very animated Tommy Lee Jones to have another awkward knife fight on a destroyer or whatever. I just hope that Jones will bring his bandana so the two can also have a bandana-off at the same time.
    should send him in an Apache attack helicopter instead

Interestingly, there seems to be a growing rift between the elites of the traditional military/security establishment and wagner/kadyrov in Russia with both sides engaged in PR trying to discredit the other or support their side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

FOX News, this article seems to suggest, is pushing for the US to just hand Ukraine to Russia.

Fuck.

That.
    The US at the very least has to remain committed in Ukraine. Now that Putin has made numerous gaslighting threats of let me invade or I nuke, it is the end of US foreign policy to abandon Ukraine.
    Last edited by Collegeguy; 2022-10-05 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Ok hear me out, we send Tommy Lee Jones in a suit. Have him mind wipe Putin and then put in a memory that gets him to pull out of Ukraine, and do a complete demilitarization and liberalization.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    The US at the very least has to remain committed in Ukraine. Now that Putin has made numerous gaslighting threats of let me invade or I nuke, it is the end of US foreign policy to abandon Ukraine.
    Well that would be OK for most Americans since they don't care about anything that happens outside the US and would prefer isolationist policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Well that would be OK for most Americans since they don't care about anything that happens outside the US and would prefer isolationist policy.
    Except they don't. Most recent survey had 3 out of 4 wanting to continue supporting Ukraine despite any Russian threats.

10+ Year Old Account
    "An amazing piece of analysis on the top Russian politics telegram channel: annexing Crimea and starting a disastrous war with Ukraine was all part of a trap set by “the masters of strategic construction”! Russia was tricked! And now there’s no way out!"

https://twitter.com/maxseddon/status...19pk6xMK-DP8Iw

russia: "We've Been Tricked, We've Been Backstabbed and We've Been Quite Possibly, Bamboozled!"
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    "An amazing piece of analysis on the top Russian politics telegram channel: annexing Crimea and starting a disastrous war with Ukraine was all part of a trap set by “the masters of strategic construction”! Russia was tricked! And now there’s no way out!"

russia: "We've Been Tricked, We've Been Backstabbed and We've Been Quite Possibly, Bamboozled!"
    There really is an easy way out: vacate all annexed locations, apologize and deliver putin in shackles in the Hague. Easy peasy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post

Russia is well on their way towards their own stab in the back myth, it appears like.

Russia is going to be a pariah rogue state for decades to come with the lack of willingness to admit that nobody tricked them here, and that they actually wanted what Putin is pushing.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    There really is an easy way out: vacate all annexed locations, apologize and deliver putin in shackles in the Hague. Easy peasy.
    Sure, but then let's talk damages. Reconstruction to be paid in full, and let's say 10 million per casualty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.