Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So in addition to apparently needing to hire back on a bunch of engineers and reconsider "HARDCORE TWITTER 2.0" as basically none of their remaining engineering staff expressed any interest in that nonsense, Elon is temporarily closing Twitter offices. Like, as in you cannot enter the building even with your badge.

https://twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/stat...91604785504257

Why? Well apparently... - https://twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/stat...91954301054976

Holy shit how does this keep getting more and more hilarious?
    You mean people aren't thrilled about working overtime for the guy who is under a lawsuit for wage theft on overtime pay? who would have guessed.

Hundreds of employees say no to being part of Elon Musk’s ‘extremely hardcore’ Twitter

There is a good chance that the only engineers left at Twitter after tomorrow will be the ones whose visas are tied to employment at Twitter. Even those are probably quietly looking for other companies that are willing to sponsor them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Hundreds of employees say no to being part of Elon Musk’s ‘extremely hardcore’ Twitter

There is a good chance that the only engineers left at Twitter after tomorrow will be the ones whose visas are tied to employment at Twitter. Even those are probably quietly looking for other companies that are willing to sponsor them.
    looks like HR department quit, soon as HR revolts you are in trouble.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    looks like HR department quit, soon as HR revolts you are in trouble.
    I like the final line of that story. "Twitter no longer has a communications department that can be contacted for comment"

According to LinkedIn, half of the remaining Twitter's employees resigned rather than work with Twitter 2.0. Twitter is now down to less than 2,000 employees from 7,500 pre-Musk.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    According to LinkedIn, half of the remaining Twitter's employees resigned rather than work with Twitter 2.0. Twitter is now down to less than 2,000 employees from 7,500 pre-Musk.
    I saw on Tiktok, that less than 300 are left. But take that with a grain of salt.

The most fascinating part of this shitshow, that is starting to look like a snl sketch, is the narrative that some of Musk cult followers are buying: if Twitter keeps working after so many layoffs maybe they weren't necessary that is like thinking a truck doesn't need a driver because he jumped off the vehicle and the truck kept running for some hundreds meters.

Let's see what happens with the truck and his momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Is it really happening!? The future of Twitter looks brighter than ever. We've now left an age of darkness and have entered into a new era of enlightenment, starting today. /Salutes Chief Twit
    Posted a little over a month ago. It didn't age well at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    My man used to fancy himself as Tony Stark.

Then people started saying, no he is more like Lex Luther.

Now he is just a clown.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    My man used to fancy himself as Tony Stark.

Then people started saying, no he is more like Lex Luther.

Now he is just a clown.
    Yeah... Those characters were at least competent.

Hopefully now the average person will be a bit less likely to lionize the jackass just because he happens to own some "cool" companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I mean, you can read most of his posts as the opposite of what he writes, and then they're accurate.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2022-11-18 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    The most fascinating part of this shitshow, that is starting to look like a snl sketch, is the narrative that some of Musk cult followers are buying: if Twitter keeps working after so many layoffs maybe they weren't necessary that is like thinking a truck doesn't need a driver because he jumped off the vehicle and the truck kept running for some hundreds meters.

Let's see what happens with the truck and his momentum.
    I guess that depends on your definition of keep working, I doubt you need a lot of man power to run twitter like 8chan. Everything will be on auto pilot the wild west of the internet, it will also more importantly make no money from advertisers.

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    The effects of the mass layoffs and semi-forced resignations might not show up immediately. But they're running in just keep the lights on mode for sure. When it will really show up is when they now have a major problem (being hacked, major infrastructure going down, etc.) and it takes them a lot longer than it should to recover. That might be next week or in 6 months, but there's a good chance it will happen. Also important to note that Twitter Engineers that have left have described it as a "house of cards". All it will take is them falling behind on security updates being short-staffed now and I wouldn't be surprised to see them get hit with a major intrusion.

But even before that advertisers aren't going to want to go near Twitter for quite a while. Brand risk is more important than anything to most big companies and there are plenty of safer places for that right now. And when the inevitable long outage now comes that might be the nail in the coffin.

Updating also because it's being reported that 75% of the *remaining* employees opted to take severance after yesterday's ultimatum. So a company with 7,500 employees 2 weeks ago is now 900. GL with that. I mean they can send everyone home and the site will still run...just not for very long.
    Last edited by Biglog; 2022-11-18 at 02:17 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Why do you say that? I'm optimistic in regards to Twitter and Musk and I've only heard weak arguments from the anti-Musk circle jerk.

Here is me thinking he would just lose money after the realisation he vastly over payed for Twitter and end up dumping it in 12-24 months for a fraction of what he paid...

But man didn't see him crashing and burning it so quickly! The IP is going to be worth fuck all if this carries on!
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

Why do you say that? I'm optimistic in regards to Twitter and Musk and I've only heard weak arguments from the anti-Musk circle jerk.
    It's actually fascinating how different people are. You look at all the news about Twitter and are optimistic. And here I sit and can't see how you can be optimistic. Like, at all, I can't understand it.

He considers billionaires to be like deities, all serving his god Consumerism.
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

... because you're the king of making reasonable points, right?

This is the funniest stuff i've read all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    It's actually fascinating how different people are. You look at all the news about Twitter and are optimistic. And here I sit and can't see how you can be optimistic. Like, at all, I can't understand it.
    Try this. Assume he has no fucking idea what he's talking about and has the cognitive abilities of a rotting corpse. It all starts making sense. This guy's so thick I feel like the Skyrim NPCs that have your arrow stuck in their heads saying 'must have been my imagination' might actually be a realistic representation of at least some people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder how many Elon defenders will blame his stupidity on autism.

Honestly Twitter has never been this hilariously bad.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis