Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    What Uldorus is created to do. We know that it is Tyrhold, and that it changes elemental magics into order magics that can be infused into Dragon eggs, but we don't know why the titan keepers odd this, or if this is it's original purpose.
    Thw purpose is to infuse dragonflights with titanic magic in order to empower them and keep them alifned with Titan's goals.

What Uldorus is created to do. We know that it is Tyrhold, and that it changes elemental magics into order magics that can be infused into Dragon eggs, but we don't know why the titan keepers odd this, or if this is it's original purpose.
    "The books in Uldaman: Legacy of Tyr reference waters that are touched by the energies of Azeroth. These energies are a force of change and the Titans don’t like uncontrolled change. Part of the reason Tyrhold was built where it was is to control the waters. The Halls of Infusion let them feed order magic into those water, which they fed into the life pools of the red flight. It’s good water for them, helps the eggs grow strong, but also has a dose of Order, so the eggs would be inclined to be more orderly. The Titans serve their own agenda, an orderly outcome. The dragons aren’t directly mind controlled, maybe influenced."

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    "The books in Uldaman: Legacy of Tyr reference waters that are touched by the energies of Azeroth. These energies are a force of change and the Titans don’t like uncontrolled change. Part of the reason Tyrhold was built where it was is to control the waters. The Halls of Infusion let them feed order magic into those water, which they fed into the life pools of the red flight. It’s good water for them, helps the eggs grow strong, but also has a dose of Order, so the eggs would be inclined to be more orderly. The Titans serve their own agenda, an orderly outcome. The dragons aren’t directly mind controlled, maybe influenced."
    Again though, it explains what it does, but not for what purpose.
    So far i can only guess we are to assume the Titan Keepers made the Dragon aspects for a lark.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Again though, it explains what it does, but not for what purpose.
    So far i can only guess we are to assume the Titan Keepers made the Dragon aspects for a lark.
    It's so the dragons (or whoever was supposed to be influenced by the waters) are order-aligned and essentially pawns of the Titans, or more inclined to help Titans in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    It's so the dragons (or whoever was supposed to be influenced by the waters) are order-aligned and essentially pawns of the Titans, or more inclined to help Titans in a way.
    I mean there is a difference between "pawns of the Titans" and "predisposed towards Order".

I must say that I am surprised and puzzled that no one in this thread has pointed this out yet.

Turalyon has displayed great humility. A power-hungry and ambitious leader, with the full backing of the House of Nobles no less, would have quickly tried to seize the throne of the most powerful kingdom in Azeroth; if they were given Turalyon's position.

But Turalyon is a humble man; Turalyon is a dutiful man. And so, many years after the disappearance of Anduin Wrynn in the Maw, Turalyon continues to use the title "Lord Commander". Instead of trying to usurp the throne to gain a higher title (such as "King of Stormwind"), Turalyon once again displays his virtue and humility by remembering his place. A quality that more leaders should have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean there is a difference between "pawns of the Titans" and "predisposed towards Order".
    Is there, though?

Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    Is there, though?
    Yes, the same way you aren't slaves of your parents despite them housing you and giving you hormone addled food.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Yes, the same way you aren't slaves of your parents despite them housing you and giving you hormone addled food.
    That's not an equitable situation at all.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm genuinely apprehensive about the Malfurion thing leading to a community tantrum that cuts down the expansion.

Bitter oldheads are always looking for a crack in the armor to take down an expansion... that could be it.
    I mean, does anyone actually care?

I looked on YouTube about this, and I saw one troll-y video trying to stir up manufactured outrage for the clicks, but if this was something people were really going to be that upset about, I feel like we'd have seen a lot more.

I say this as an "oldhead" so old I played every WC game *as it came out*. Shit I was 16 when the first one came out. And played WoW since open beta. If we lose Malfurion or temporarily or permanently, well, here's my big reaction "Oh well...".

He's cool, okay, sure, but he's not like, some character I'm deeply invested in. I'm not sure anyone is really that invested in him.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    I mean, does anyone actually care?

I looked on YouTube about this, and I saw one troll-y video trying to stir up manufactured outrage for the clicks, but if this was something people were really going to be that upset about, I feel like we'd have seen a lot more.

I say this as an "oldhead" so old I played every WC game *as it came out*. Shit I was 16 when the first one came out. And played WoW since open beta. If we lose Malfurion or temporarily or permanently, well, here's my big reaction "Oh well...".

He's cool, okay, sure, but he's not like, some character I'm deeply invested in. I'm not sure anyone is really that invested in him.
    I love Malfurion.

But they haven't done anything relevant with him for two decades.

And if Ysera is able to come back... so, too, could he.

He's being put on ice, but he was already frozen. It's a complete non-issue. At the very least, it's an implicit acknowledgement of his power and significance.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    I love Malfurion.

But they haven't done anything relevant with him for two decades.

And if Ysera is able to come back... so, too, could he.

He's being put on ice, but he was already frozen. It's a complete non-issue. At the very least, it's an implicit acknowledgement of his power and significance.
    Yeah that make sense to me - they're putting him almost on-par with a god by having him essentially be a hostage-exchange for Ysera. And definitely agree, it seems like he could come back, in the right circumstances.

I could understand some people being upset if he was doing a face-heel turn and it was dumb or something, but this seems like people would have to work very hard to be upset about (and obviously some people will put that effort in lol but jeez).
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

I mean, we don't really know how the Malf/Ysera thing pans out. (If it happens like datamined).

Could also be some Persephone kinda situation, with them "taking" turns of hanging out in SL and the land reacting to that (like New-Drassil, blooming with life when Malfurion is around and turning into a more Ardenweald-Style thing when Ysera is here)

I don't think most people who complained were upset about Malfurion. More so that its yet another sacrifice Night Elves have to make on heels of Tyrande abating her vengeance for "renewal" and night elves in the Maw having to disenchant themselves to become the new world tree seed.

As for him being written out because he's too powerful, I think that's BS. Him and Night Warrior Tyrande couldn't even wipe out the Forsaken army in Darkshore with out help. I think his power can be easily ignored for story purposes.
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2022-11-18 at 05:58 PM.

The way Danuser described the Ysera thing as "The Legend of Persephone" makes it sound like they are keeping Malfurion alive but he chooses to take her place in Ardenweald and vice vera.

Considering how mitch he knows about the Dream, but not it's sister, maybe this will make him even more OP?

The way Danuser described the Ysera thing as "The Legend of Persephone" makes it sound like they are keeping Malfurion alive but he chooses to take her place in Ardenweald and vice vera.

Considering how mitch he knows about the Dream, but not it's sister, maybe this will make him even more OP?
    And will Malf fuck the Winter Queen when he is down?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    And will Malf fuck the Winter Queen when he is down?
    He is a part of nature, just as nature is a part of him. All night long...

He is a part of nature, just as nature is a part of him. All night long...
    Not sure what Tyrande would think of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Not sure what Tyrande would think of that.
    Imagine s

Nope Not going there. Too inappropriate. For real though, its surprising there's no "Son/daughter of Malfurion Stormrage yet.......

Future potential >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Imagine s

Nope Not going there. Too inappropriate. For real though, its surprising there's no "Son/daughter of Malfurion Stormrage yet.......

Future potential >.>
    We have Shandris, who is the adopted daughter, and possibly Finel after the War of Thorns, though we don't hear much from that kid.

I always got the impression that they couldn't have kids. Certainly not after Malfurion got all his druid limbs.