Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    Unsurprisingly, everyone is slamming this trade deal. .
    You mean to say, you are slamming this trade.

Unsurprisingly, everyone is slamming this trade deal. Knowing what Griner did, people were just content to let her rot after a while and there was little sympathy left.
    You mean racists, boomers and Republicans are slamming this deal.

What exactly did Griner do? Something mildly stupid like travelling with a couple of weed vape cartridges. Yeah, sure some countries are backwards hellholes where they'll execute you for this, but having a young woman rot away in a Russian labor camp for a couple of vape cartridges was not anyone decent was content with.

Look, whether trading an arms dealer for any reason was a good idea or not is an entirely different conversation.

If I'm reading the new right the arms dealer has been in prison for over a decade, at this point any business/contacts he had are probably useless so it's not that huge if a risk letting him go.

Yeah the criticism is over releasing Bout, who is a bad person that should spend the rest of his life in prison, not about making a trade for Griner.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Elder Millennial View Post
    What exactly did Griner do? Something mildly stupid like travelling with a couple of weed vape cartridges..
    the problem was it was entirely her own doing. There were conspiracy theories of if she was incriminated by Russians...but those were debunked, and she was just fucking stupid.

So with that in mind, trading someone like Griner for an arms dealer so notorious he is known as "the merchant of death" is horrible. There's no doubt about that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    If I'm reading the new right the arms dealer has been in prison for over a decade, at this point any business/contacts he had are probably useless so it's not that huge if a risk letting him go.
    It's a huge risk because Russia specifically asked for him.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

He's most likely a friend or family member of someone in the Russian government. An arms dealt who's been in jail for a decade wont have much in the way of a business or product to sell.

the problem was it was entirely her own doing. There were conspiracy theories of if she was incriminated by Russians...but those were debunked, and she was just fucking stupid.
    So with that in mind, trading someone like Griner for an arms dealer so notorious he is known as "the merchant of death" is horrible. There's no doubt about that.
    Really?
    Hmm...and your complaint against Biden...
    The problem with Griner is time is running out. Sure he didn't outright say fuck em, but he knows what the Russians do (i.e, torture) and how this is blackmail with that in mind.
    ...rather disingenuous...

'Devastated' family of American prisoner backs Griner deal

He's most likely a friend or family member of someone in the Russian government. An arms dealt who's been in jail for a decade wont have much in the way of a business or product to sell.
    But why deal with Russians at all? Why cater to anything they ask or demand? I mean, it's already been designated a terror state by others lately.

And all the while, Biden keeps this rhetoric of how Putin is a "killer" and how he'd rather never talk to him unless he surrenders. If that's just all for PR, this seems like a huge misstep to keeping it up.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

- - - Updated - - -

If he was such a horrible person, he should have been Mossad'd, rather than be kept as a prisoner. Trading such a pos for an innocent person is infinitely more moral than just continuing to house him in some facility and letting a (dumb) american rot in russian rape camp.

- - - Updated - - -

But why deal with Russians at all? Why cater to anything they ask or demand?
    Because you can free an innocent American that way.

But why deal with Russians at all? Why cater to anything they ask or demand? I mean, it's already been designated a terror state by others lately.

And all the while, Biden keeps this rhetoric of how Putin is a "killer" and how he'd rather never talk to him unless he surrenders. If that's just all for PR, this seems like a huge misstep to keeping it up.
    Part of the president's job is to advocate for American citizens abroad and that includes those being held as political prisoners.

I'll ask again. Who, in his right mind, thinks a person should rot away in a Russian labor camp for something stupid like 2 weed vape cartridges?

Nobody is contesting that she was stupid, but saying that she somehow deserved or deserves or continues to deserve what the Russians have put her through for that, or would put anyone else through that for a couple of vape cartridges that are straight up legal in the civilized world, is absolutely vicious, cruel and psychotic.

gonna be race bait central on fox news in the coming weeks.

only reason i think this swap is a net negative already they are saying biden hates white people because russia wouldnt release the other guy, you can see it all on twitter russia did it intentionally to divide and biden shouldnt of tooken the bait.
    Last edited by arandomuser; 2022-12-08 at 04:07 PM.

He was a friend of Putin.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Best case scenario is that the russians wanted to have him back so they can window poison him.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    He was a friend of Putin.
    Ah that explains it. Putin's got to make sure his lieutenants know he will protect them if they stay loyal.

chris cantwell just lost his prison boyfriend, RIP.

Good trade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Best case scenario is that the russians wanted to have him back so they can window poison him.
    Oh, I wouldn't discount that possibility, at all. If I was a imprisoned crony of putin I'd seriously consider not wanting to be exchanged.

it's really stretching the imagination Putin would get this guy back just to kill him. He definitely has a purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ow god, it's back again.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's really stretching the imagination Putin would get this guy back just to kill him. He definitely has a purpose.
    Why my dear YUPPIE? as long as he's in a prison in the US putin can't get to him, as soon as he's in russia putin can do whatever he wants to him.