Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Undead druids would be RAD! They could use a more detailed version of the diseased/undead bear models for Guardian form, and I think it'd be cool as hell if their Feral form was a bat -- though that would probably be their flight form; darkhound or spider would be a neat way to go too! Balance form could be either a new kind of squashling (Pumpkin head), or maybe a wicker construct like those in Drustvar. Resto would obviously be one of the decaying, decrepit treant models.

Not sure what they could use as a swimming travel form, though...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spey View Post
    Maybe STOP giving new classes to other races? Wake up people) we have TAUREN paladin, rogue, priest and warlock is going to be. That's is highly(vastly) repellent already
    Maybe lighten up a little?

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    The Forsaken fought against the Nerubian empire. I don’t see why they would take those forms.
    Well, we don't know why they'd be druids either. They'd have to be given a reason (or not given a reason at all).

And if that's the case, then it's just a matter of it being cool to have rather than driven by any lore or common sense, much like why we have Fel werebear and Flamecat forms when none of our Druids would use em.

I see Crypt Lord and Nerubian forms being cosmetic rewards, with a loose connection to Forsaken just because. All they have to give us is some loose connection, like some Forsaken Entomologyist expert studied Druidism and discovered Nerubian and Crypt Lord forms were useful for tanking. Or maybe some Nerubian shapeshifters divulge their secrets to us once we get friendly with em clearing out the next big bad that's been taking refuge in their lairs.

Or they just ignore it like Mag'har/Ne/Lightforged Warlocks having no real lore.

I think Mechagnomes would be awesome if they just became transformers. Gnomes and Goblins are slightly different since they aren’t mechanical themselves, so no clue what they’d have them morph into.
    DI turning into core hounds would be good.
    Draenai travel form becoming an actual goat would be a laugh.
    I never thought of Draenei as actual space goats, hahaha!
    Last edited by Triceron; 2023-06-02 at 11:54 PM.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I never thought of Draenei as actual space goats, hahaha!
    Same, I think it’d be great.

I’m imagine them using an adult version of the Argi pet. (And a gold/yellow recolor for Lightforged)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Pandaren bear form.
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Pink and Purple cats, are fine to you, but a green lion is going to far?

It would be something like this:
    Yes, it looks ridiculous.

"they are from draenor so their form should be from draenor" its too much simple/naive and ignores that the druid, at least the four specializations, take the form of an already existing spirit animal or wild god/Loa, thats why everyone but the zandalari turns into a bear and a cat, because they assume the form of shirvalah, ashmane or ursoc, while the zandalari take the form of the dino loas.

Lions were also, not part of the guilnean terrain neither their culture, nor bears to be honest, and they turn in the same cat and bear aspect, because of the same wild gods;

Draenor was not know for their wild gods, while people speculate that rukmar and the others like anzu are ones, only Goldrin is someone mentioned in Draenor folklore by orcs, so they would need to take the quirks of the races they learn from, trolls and druids, therefore, they would assume form of bears and cats as well.

"tottally ruin the uniqueness" what are you expecting then to be?
    they will hardly make an unique animal form for every <cat> and <bear> form.
    Then, play off of Goldrinn. There's also no lion wild god, yet the form exists. There's also no ankylodon or Sabertusk loa, and the Lun'alai do not worship Pa'ku, yet they transform into a pterodactyl of sorts. They should have what suits them best, culturally and environmentally. Copying from their allies, again, i think is a weak way to introduce a new class\race combination.

Yep, you can always tell when this crap goes too far when people start saying that Tinkers are Gnome/Goblin Druids….
    A trend pushed on by Triceron's class skins.

But they weren’t DHs. Anyway, we’ll see if Blizzard expands the class to other races. I sincerely doubt it though.
    There are already plenty of other DH races depicted by Hearthstone cards. And yes, i'm aware it is not canon. But, if you ask me, such a profession suits Orcs, troll demoniacs, perhaps humans (RPG), Draenei and somewhat Pandaren.

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Well you're the one who suggested they share the lynx with the blood elves. I only mentioned it because it's the one Outland feline I could think of. I would imagine them being Barrens lions, to maybe show that the taurens are teaching them ? Besides, I remember an art of a dwarf lynx form, and it was a very thick lynx. But I know there's not much margin for the ingame models, so I don't expect very buff catforms.

Just don't look at the moonkin toes.
    I could believe a lion.

I'm thinking of seagulls. They are the bane of seaside cities.
    Great suggestion. Haven't thought of that.

I understand the idea. I simply don't think giving it to two races in the game would impair a hypothetical Tinker class thematically. And the Tinker class is so hypothetical I'm not considering it an hindrance to my thought process.
    I do. Let the Tinker retain its unique theme.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Hmm, definitely not a child of the 80's, this one.

----

On a different note, I think the Reforged Wildkin design would work for Dwarf, particularly a Wildhammer

Last edited by Triceron; 2023-06-03 at 07:28 AM.

On a different note, I think the Reforged Wildkin design would work for Dwarf, particularly a Wildhammer

This reminds me how outrageous the downgrade of certain creatures has been from War3 to Vanilla WoW.

Wildkin, Quillboars, Kobolds, Murlocs, they got done so dirty.

Hmm, definitely not a child of the 80's, this one.
    Yea, He-Man.

Thought of that, too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, guess not everyone have a good taste

but again, pink cats are fine

Then, play off of Goldrinn. There's also no lion wild god, yet the form exists.
    Like i said, Goldrin does not get to be the cat form, because it is a catform, the wolf could be a travel form, but not the cat form, otherwise, do you think they would not have done that for worgens? the literal werewolf race bornf rom goldrin? come on now.

And like i said, even if there is no "lion" wild god, there is multiple cats wild gods and cats spirits, there is spirits of lions in the emerald dream, but there is no such thing for draenor, because draenor doesn't hav dream as of it today.
    There's also no ankylodon or Sabertusk loa, and the Lun'alai do not worship Pa'ku, yet they transform into a pterodactyl of sorts. They should have what suits them best, culturally and environmentally. Copying from their allies, again, i think is a weak way to introduce a new class\race combination.
    Of course there is those spirits, they are not just as strong as the rest.

Point in check, did you think they got to become raptors in their CAT form? no, they got the sabertusk, something close to a cat, and the raptor became the travel form.

There is no "copying", they will be their own unique bear and unique cat form, it just happen that the cat should be a green lion, because one, is what they can do for cat form and two, its what is close to durotar and make sense if orcs did learn druidism from taurens.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I could see them doing away with specific racial forms except for legacy druids races. Everyone would just get a pool of new forms to choose from. Trade off being you might see more frequent updates and new forms added this way instead of once every 5-10 years.

I think it would be a bad move personally. But I can see them doing it to save time.
    I see the base Artifact row as perfect "neutral" Cat/Bear Forms. I would advocate for using the 3 neutral ones (or 7 if the race restrictions on the 4 initial ones are removed) as the new default forms, so that the design of the forms doesn’t hold up the Druid class becoming available to every race.

Of course, down the line they should still release more racially-inspired forms, alongside race-based customization for all classes, possibly as a reward for a future solo challenge (there are hints there's one coming later in Dragonflight)
    Keep the general ursine/feline base of the melee forms, the Balance form can be more varied, but it needs more neutral options anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Fair point, although you'd need a reason for DH's to train new DH.
    Not difficult at all, just say that the events of Legion decimated their already low numbers, making them accept new recruits from all races.

And as with every race/class combination, you only need to explain one individual, or let's say a handful, to justify this combo being playable.
    There's only like a dozen or two Void Elves after the recruitment questline, although bolstered by later Blood/High Elf converts.

There could be Mag'har immune to the skincolor-changing influence of Fel, or they could have discovered a herb/potion suppressing this effect, and knowing this, they decided to try their hand at being a Warlock.
    Similar for Draenei, and surely there can be Lightforged becoming disillusioned with the Light after their forging, or attempting to combine the contradictory forces.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    Mecha druids for both gnomes.
    Rusty druids with TNT for Goblins.

Or go full on and give us tinkers as sub-class for that 3 races.
    That only works if we are to believe that Mekkatorque, Thermaplugg, Blackfuse, King Mechagon, and Gazlowe are actually Druids.

And that is complete and utter nonsense.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2023-06-03 at 01:07 PM.

That only works if we are to believe that Mekkatorque, Thermaplugg, Blackfuse, King Mechagon, and Gazlowe are actually Druids.

And that is complete and utter nonsense.
    None of them are actually Tinkers. They are technically all Engineers in the lore currently. None of them are referred to as 'Tinker class' in the lore, not even Mekkatorque.

Neither would any Druid be a Tinker.

Blizzard could change that in retrospect any time, but currently Tinkers are just titles for specific minor NPCs.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2023-06-03 at 01:42 PM.

1+ Year Old Account
    None of them are actually Tinkers. They are technically all Engineers in the lore currently. None of them are referred to as 'Tinker class' in the lore, not even Mekkatorque.

Blizzard could change that in retrospect any time, but currently Tinkers are just titles for specific minor NPCs.
    Isn’t Mekkatorque’s title literally “High Tinker?”

Besides I don’t see them calling a Tinker class “Tinkers” just like they didn’t call Monks “Brewmasters”.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    Mecha druids for both gnomes.
    Rusty druids with TNT for Goblins.

Or go full on and give us tinkers as sub-class for that 3 races.
    I mean I personally don’t see them going full “druids are tinkers”, but imo Mechagnome/gnome/goblin druids could be a good stand-in for a technology/mechanical theme until we get proper tinkers.

- - - Updated - - -

I do. Let the Tinker retain its unique theme.
    I mean it doesn’t exist yet, and it might not exist for a while.
    Having a few races that’re already barely played use mechanical forms won’t intrude on hypothetical tinkers at all.
    Chen isn't a Monk

Only on this forum can a thread about Druids devolve into a thread about Tinkers. Not on Reddit, not on Discord, not on the Officials, only here.

Druids are Druids.

Tinkers are Tinkers.

Druids are not Tinkers and Tinkers are not Druids.

Anyway, Void elf and Draenei druids will allows us to play truly alien and exotic forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Isn’t Mekkatorque’s title literally “High Tinker?”
    Literally just a rank title for racial leader of the Gnomes. Its an elected position with no specific criteria to having be a specific class, like say an Archmage or ArchDruid would be. At most they could all be Engineers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Only on this forum can a thread about Druids devolve into a thread about Tinkers. Not on Reddit, not on Discord, not on the Officials, only here.

Druids are Druids.

Tinkers are Tinkers.

Completely agreed. Not sure why people are even confusing that here.

Literally just a rank title for racial leader of the Gnomes. Its an elected position with no specific criteria to having be a specific class, like say an Archmage or ArchDruid would be. At most they could all be Engineers.

- - - Updated - - -

Surely you must know that Tinker is a very controversial class on this forum (though I can't imagine why), so these guys are just trying to argue that Tinker would work as a reskinned druid and doesn't need a separate class slot.

Ofc, that argument doesn't make sense and is very weak. Druids turn into animals, not robots. Gnome druids wouldn't turn into robots, how would that work? That doesn't make sense lorewise.

1+ Year Old Account
    Druids turn into animals, not robots. Gnome druids wouldn't turn into robots, how would that work? That doesn't make sense lorewise.
    I mean, blizzard doesn’t REALLY care about class lore anymore. Like with Lightforged Draenei Warlocks and DKs.

The only race I truly see turning into robots would be Mechagnomes. Turning into a fleshy animal would make no sense since they’re already mostly robotic, with their heritage armor essentially making them fully mechanized.

Blizzard would probably make some low effort “oh well they’re druids because of the Machinists Garden/Botanist boss in Mechagon.”

Or they’d pull something like Void Elf priests where they canonically would only be 1-2 of the specs. (Probably Feral/Guardian)
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2023-06-03 at 02:52 PM.
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account

Neither would any Druid be a Tinker.

Yet there is a clear cultural significance in Goblin and Gnome lore where Tinker is held in high esteem and is clearly viewed as an inventor and leader in their societies. Which is why you have Tinkertown, Tinker’s Union, and The High Tinkertory. You also have the leader of the Gnomes called the High Tinker. So while they’re not directly called Tinkers, it’s quite obvious what inventors in Gnome and Goblin society are. You add that alongside the Tinker hero in WC3 and it becomes obvious unless you want to be obtuse.

They’re not Druids, and Blizzard would never merge that lore to make them Druids. If they tried it wouldn’t make a lick of sense. Especially for Goblins and Mechagnomes who actively destroy their environment for technical advancement.

- - - Updated - - -

Druids are Druids.

Tinkers are Tinkers.

Agreed. The fact that it has to be spelled out for some people is rather weird. Not everything in WoW needs to be, or is a Druid.

I mean, blizzard doesn’t REALLY care about class lore anymore. Like with Lightforged Draenei Warlocks and DKs.

The only race I truly see turning into robots would be Mechagnomes. Turning into a fleshy animal would make no sense since they’re already mostly robotic, with their heritage armor essentially making them fully mechanized.

Blizzard would probably make some low effort “oh well they’re druids because of the Machinists Garden/Botanist boss in Mechagon.”

Or they’d pull something like Void Elf priests where they canonically would only be 1-2 of the specs. (Probably Feral/Guardian)
    You're conflating two different things.

Lightforged Draenei still follow the rules and mechanics established for the Warlock and DK class. Draenei summon demons like warlocks, Draenei summon undead like DKs.

Druids turn into animals. That's what Druids do. Druids are intrinsically linked to the animal world, to nature. Hence, they turn into animals.

Gnome druids would turn into animals. They wouldn't turn into robots, that doesn't make sense with the pre-established rules of the druid class. Druid aren't linked to the world of technology, why would a druid turn into a robot? It doesn't make sense with the pre-established class rules.

Gnome druids turning into robots would be like Draenei warlocks summoning faceless ones instead of demons... it wouldn't make sense. Warlocks summon demons, not faceless ones.

The argument with Void elf Priests is different and they weren't even the ones who introduced it. Did Undead Holy priests make sense? We know that Light is extremely painful for undead. It makes sense to have Discipline Undead priest who use Light melded with Void, but Holy priests who ONLY use Light? When it's extremely painful? The precedent was not set by VE priests, but by Undead priests.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Well, guess not everyone have a good taste

but again, pink cats are fine
    Well, no. I prefer my panther a bit more authentic - black. And a tiger to be orange or white. You know, colors that make sense for felines. Even if we're talking about a fantasy rpg game.

Like i said, Goldrin does not get to be the cat form, because it is a catform, the wolf could be a travel form, but not the cat form, otherwise, do you think they would not have done that for worgens? the literal werewolf race bornf rom goldrin? come on now.

And like i said, even if there is no "lion" wild god, there is multiple cats wild gods and cats spirits, there is spirits of lions in the emerald dream, but there is no such thing for draenor, because draenor doesn't hav dream as of it today.
    Spirits of lions in the emerald dream?

"Despite being used for the Kul Tiran's cat form, Thornclaws appear to be a type of wolf. The only named Thornclaw, Greenstalker, is specifically stated to be a wolf; while the unnamed Thornclaws are listed as un-tameable wolves when inspected using [Beast Lore]."

Of course there is those spirits, they are not just as strong as the rest.
    So, you're straight out assuming?

Point in check, did you think they got to become raptors in their CAT form? no, they got the sabertusk, something close to a cat, and the raptor became the travel form.
    So, there isn't a coressponding Wild God\Loa to every form.

There is no "copying", they will be their own unique bear and unique cat form, it just happen that the cat should be a green lion, because one, is what they can do for cat form and two, its what is close to durotar and make sense if orcs did learn druidism from taurens.
    *shivers* the horror....
    A lion does make some sense, as the Barrens are in close proximity. A wolf-cat hybrid work as well since: 1. It is a strong piece of their culture. 2. Kul Tirans have a wolf-based cat form.

I mean it doesn’t exist yet, and it might not exist for a while.
    Having a few races that’re already barely played use mechanical forms won’t intrude on hypothetical tinkers at all.
    It would, because we're talking about a nature class. It doesn't even use mechanical tools like the hunter. I can understand tech being used to transform the Gnome into an animal, just like Goblins use mechanical totems to summon elementals (who aren't mechanical in themselves), but making the Druid into some kind of an Engineer is far fetched.

You do?
    What about "using the template of a Druid to introduce a Tinker"? Don't you think it caused this massive confusion?