10+ Year Old Account
    I still don't know why people try proxy 2-gate in PvP. It's so easy to hold off.

I really can't remember the last time I was beat by one

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    I still don't know why people try proxy 2-gate in PvP. It's so easy to hold off.

I really can't remember the last time I was beat by one
    Heres a few reasons... first being that PvP sucks. And its an easy way to quickly end a match, one way or another.

Second reason - it forces a 9 scout. Unless you're huk. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyKYoQgiYHs)

Three a strong defense of it typically requires a forge to be dropped which sets you behind, unless you have sick probe micro. Also you need to sim-city well against it specifically.

four although it delays your tech, it also delays your opponent, and allows you to freely build probes while hopefully destroying theirs. This typically makes up for the 300 minerals lost in the two gateways.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm considering purchasing SC2, but the price on Blizzard store is a bit too high.
    I've seen it selling for 26.99£ on amazon, but I'm wondering, is it a reliable place to get it?
    Getting scammed out of 30ish€ on a student budget hurts :/

Quote Originally Posted by Trekky View Post
    I'm considering purchasing SC2, but the price on Blizzard store is a bit too high.
    I've seen it selling for 26.99£ on amazon, but I'm wondering, is it a reliable place to get it?
    here in portugal there is a store that's selling it for 30€ since summer

15+ Year Old Account
    My friend got it on Amazon for cheap, got it no problem.

I don't think I've ever heard of anyone having troubles with Amazon, actually.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    here in portugal there is a store that's selling it for 30€ since summer
    Oh? I've looked everywhere and it's still 60€, which store would that be?

My friend got it on Amazon for cheap, got it no problem.

I don't think I've ever heard of anyone having troubles with Amazon, actually.
    I haven't had trouble with Amazon when ordering books, but I haven't tried software, so I was looking for opinions.
    That's reassuring, thanks

Oh? I've looked everywhere and it's still 60€, which store would that be?
    a store called GAME, there is one in a lot of shopping malls here. In their website says 60 but in the store they're selling for 30

10+ Year Old Account
    Played my games with BonesOD for the semi finals, he is AMAZING! GL in the finals!

---------- Post added 2011-11-08 at 07:06 PM ----------

*forgot the pic when I last sent, sorry*

In case you wanted to know (/if you havnt heard yet.) The new SC2 Portrait for people who paid for either the legit ticket or just the virtual ticket got realised, with patch 1.4.2.

BTW what you see in picture is the new decal "Fists of Furry"
    And the New portrait, pandaran marine.

Woops, sorry I forgot to link the image; fail.

http://imageshack.us/f/190/pandaranmarine.jpg/
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    Myself, yes, I have always wanted to be a mod
    Probably not, the job sucks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by allakaboom View Post
    BTW what you see in picture is the new decal "Fists of Furry"
    I am now the Furry Zerg.

10+ Year Old Account
    does anyone get the feeling that protoss mechanics for hots are GREAT(recall on nexus ftw!) but the units we are getting are just super gimmicky (aside from the tempest)
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

Quote Originally Posted by durza View Post
    does anyone get the feeling that protoss mechanics for hots are GREAT(recall on nexus ftw!) but the units we are getting are just super gimmicky (aside from the tempest)
    Play the hots mod over last few days, to be honest protoss dont feel any different, i mean i got early hatch up and i hardly got any broodlords up, it takes so long to truely copy tech that its not worth it, mass recall i dont see been ketp the same i sent a stalker hit force into oppenants base and took out high numbers of scvs and then recalled to kill off drop easily, it was just to easy for how good it was to pull off tbh, but ofc i am not in a position to take about balance, i will say emping ghost fucking owns!!!!!.

Tempest is really good unit, bit to good vs overlords maybe? Again to easy to use for how good it is, also cannon rushs have become near impossible to stop you must scout from the start on xel cavarns, because the forge its self is now a cannon and that pylon must die before the forge goes up tbh.

Ofc this mode is a copy of the Hots shown at blizzcon and all this stuff will be fixed in beta, but one thing there seems to be is that, they want all races to just have easier opitions to do everything, mutas are a not an issue any more. same with zergling run bys and thats not because of balance that due to the design of the new units tbh. and there new siege unit cant touch a terran with his new force field thing , and that again is down to the unit not its balance that cant relly be changed with out nerfing it to the ground, i really dont see these units(most of them ofc there are some nice one) making it to launch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    Play the hots mod over last few days, to be honest protoss dont feel any different, i mean i got early hatch up and i hardly got any broodlords up, it takes so long to truely copy tech that its not worth it, mass recall i dont see been ketp the same i sent a stalker hit force into oppenants base and took out high numbers of scvs and then recalled to kill off drop easily, it was just to easy for how good it was to pull off tbh, but ofc i am not in a position to take about balance, i will say emping ghost fucking owns!!!!!.

Tempest is really good unit, bit to good vs overlords maybe? Again to easy to use for how good it is, also cannon rushs have become near impossible to stop you must scout from the start on xel cavarns, because the forge its self is now a cannon and that pylon must die before the forge goes up tbh.

Ofc this mode is a copy of the Hots shown at blizzcon and all this stuff will be fixed in beta, but one thing there seems to be is that, they want all races to just have easier opitions to do everything, mutas are a not an issue any more. same with zergling run bys and thats not because of balance that due to the design of the new units tbh. and there new siege unit cant touch a terran with his new force field thing , and that again is down to the unit not its balance that cant relly be changed with out nerfing it to the ground, i really dont see these units(most of them ofc there are some nice one) making it to launch
    Yeah Tempest is gonna make it a bit awkward for zerg. We're probably gonna see more sky-toss so zerg can't spread their overlords out over deadspace and lose vision so they clump them in their main then two big obnoxious tempests roll in and om nom nom aoe them down. Imagine getting 110 supply destroyed. That would hurt so damn much

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Tempest is gonna make it a bit awkward for zerg. We're probably gonna see more sky-toss so zerg can't spread their overlords out over deadspace and lose vision so they clump them in their main then two big obnoxious tempests roll in and om nom nom aoe them down. Imagine getting 110 supply destroyed. That would hurt so damn much
    Until we get 30 multitasks and destroy everything they have. Idc what the protoss has, Mutas will always be a massive thorn in their side rofl

Quote Originally Posted by durza View Post
    The Oracle is not gimmicky and will be incredibly powerful if used correctly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthoren View Post
    The Oracle is not gimmicky and will be incredibly powerful if used correctly
    shut up we had this argument in real life already! so ill just leave this here http://www.thefreedictionary.com/gimmicky 1 b

---------- Post added 2011-11-11 at 04:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    Until we get 30 multitasks and destroy everything they have. Idc what the protoss has, Mutas will always be a massive thorn in their side rofl
    maybe you dont know what the tempest is then, its like a flying thor that flys and aoe is on crack
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

So... I just won a ZvZ... O.o. I saw him go Muta and did kind of a panic defense and put down 9 spores O.o. After that I went for hydra roach and crushed him! DD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppasan View Post
    So... I just won a ZvZ... O.o. I saw him go Muta and did kind of a panic defense and put down 9 spores O.o. After that I went for hydra roach and crushed him! DD
    Nestea and Idra are going on about mutalisks being the way forward in ZvZ and I think they're right. Vs Roach/Hydra Mutalingbane would be quite deadly. Off-creep hydras could get quickly taken out by a good baneling hit since they count as light and then the mutas could just clean up with lings

15+ Year Old Account
    Nestea and Idra are going on about mutalisks being the way forward in ZvZ and I think they're right. Vs Roach/Hydra Mutalingbane would be quite deadly. Off-creep hydras could get quickly taken out by a good baneling hit since they count as light and then the mutas could just clean up with lings
    Takes really good muta control, though.

1 unlucky fungle...

Hey.

I have an AWESOME replay of pathetic and awesome cheesing and anti-cheesing, and i want to send it to Whencheesefails. I saved the replay, but how do i get it in a link?
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."