Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    What I'm saying is that the Reaper explanation is bullshit. They are playing god and deciding the fate of billions upon trillions of lives to prevent something that is only a possibility.

Shepard him/herself could have already broken their supposed cycle by making peace between the Geth and Quarians, but you can't even bring that up. They are justifying mass murder on 'what if's and 'could be's.
    Well arn't Reapers also synthetic life forms? Technically someone must have created and programed the Reapers to continue the cycle. So really you need to blame whoever created the reapers. But the reapers probably killed that race off already!

And even though the Geth and Quarians can be at peace (Remeber one option has the Geth killing all the Quarians), war can still break out again. Also nothing prevents the creation of new synthetic life forms
    Last edited by Purlina; 2012-03-16 at 03:54 AM.

I mean seriously, what would be the re-playability value of ME3 after you finish it once....only to check out parts you might have missed?
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I've noticed on several youtube videos that the female krogan Eve is still alive after curing the genophage. In my play through she died. What are the conditions for her to live?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    I've noticed on several youtube videos that the female krogan Eve is still alive after curing the genophage. In my play through she died. What are the conditions for her to live?
    You need to have saved Maelon's work from the 2nd one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    You need to have saved Maelon's work from the 2nd one.
    ohhhhh damnit. Non Import play through sucks balls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shepard him/herself could have already broken their supposed cycle by making peace between the Geth and Quarians, but you can't even bring that up. They are justifying mass murder on 'what if's and 'could be's.
    This is likely the biggest contradiction in the entire game. I can bring peace between the Geth and Quarians, who've been waring since [I]before Shepard was born[/I], I can have an unshackled AI as as my [I]best friend[/I] who even discovers human emotions and romances my other best friend, there's only a trifling reference to AI issues among the Protheans, the [I]only[/I] other race we ever really learn about, and yet, this immortal, hyper-intelligence, supremely powerful artificial intelligence who's probably the closest thing to God in the ME universe, can't seem to see any of this! Where's my diplomacy check? I want to convince this guy that peace can be achieved. You'd think for being damn near omnipotent this guy would be able to see reason.

---------- Post added 2012-03-15 at 10:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    Well arn't Reapers also synthetic life forms? Technically someone must have created and programed the Reapers to continue the cycle. So really you need to blame whoever created the reapers. But the reapers probably killed that race off already!

And even though the Geth and Quarians can be at peace (Remeber one option has the Geth killing all the Quarians), war can still break out again. Also nothing prevents the creation of new synthetic life forms
    Yes, the creator of the Reapers is the AI you encounter on Citadel in the conclusion of the game. Presumably he is some AI that was created ages ago and decided to become Brainiac.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post

See, that's the thing - it could happen. I won't argue that.

It's still not justification, though. I can't show up at someone's house, kill them, and then tell the police that it's okay because they could have became a mass murderer.

They're playing judge, jury, and executioner over a crime that hasn't even been committed yet - and [I]my[/I] Shepard wouldn't be having that bullshit.

Deleted
    So here's a question...

Has anyone actually managed to beat a Gold run of MP with Reapers?

Can do Geth with a (mostly) good group by choke-pointing them with Decoy but silver Reapers are enough of a nightmare...

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    So here's a question...

Has anyone actually managed to beat a Gold run of MP with Reapers?

Can do Geth with a (mostly) good group by choke-pointing them with Decoy but silver Reapers are enough of a nightmare...
    I can't even get a group that is capable of doing silver when I'm in random lobbies. Going to try Gold this weekend with some friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I can't even get a group that is capable of doing silver when I'm in random lobbies. Going to try Gold this weekend with some friends.
    Can sometimes take a few groups to manage Gold Geth, wouldn't even dream of putting it on random for the chance of getting Reapers...

Few days ago managed to do 4-5 Gold runs with one group, still no Asari Adept with all these runs D:

reapers on gold is prob the worst one of all, at least with the other 2 you can use a stasis buble to hold the enemy in line while you pick them apart, but that wont work against then banshes and brutes
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

I can't show up at someone's house, kill them, and then tell the police that it's okay because they could have became a mass murderer.
    I guess you could if you were a 2km+ immortal sentient starship with a few hundred buddies of the same kind.

There should be an ending where nothing is destroyed (reapers, synthetics, mass relays) and the Reapers simply continue the cycle.
    DERP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tnpm View Post
    reapers on gold is prob the worst one of all, at least with the other 2 you can use a stasis buble to hold the enemy in line while you pick them apart, but that wont work against then banshes and brutes
    Geth with stasis is kind of iffy too, with Pyro's/Primes being unaffected and needing to shoot hunters first.

Salarian engineer decoy works wonders when points are spread to make it tanky and shock nearby enemies

Warp/Throw combo would just destroy alot of things though.

in the demo i had an asari adept spamming the hell out of stasis and warp but now i have to contend with a drel adept throwing reave and clusterf**** grenades

Deleted
    I don't think has anyone said this but I found a rather interesting comment on one of the soundtrack videos on YouTube:

[I]"Listen its all there play the game look at the ending. the moment when harbinger blasts you shepard is unconscious in the rubble.remember the part with the illusive man and anderson well the illusive man represents shepard indoctrinated and in denial anderson represents shepards realisation of being indoctrinated and goodside
    think back to all the indoctrination from me1 to me2 to me3 nightmares they always talk about nightmares of dreams."[/I]

Illusive Man and Anderson representing things like that? Then it would actually make a bit more sense why they appear on the Citadel, even if it's an indoctrination induced hallucination.

Deleted
    I started a NG+ to properly do the Geth/Quarian section and not mess it up.

I paid attention to the kid and noticed that no-one else in the game interacts with him...

He shows up as soon as Anderson leaves the room, disappears when you're called by him, climbs into the shuttle himself (didn't see anyone else even glance in his direction) then you have odd dreams about him.

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/pc-games/i-hate-you-shepard/

gona leave this here, they prety much follow the same theories we have been having

I started a NG+ to properly do the Geth/Quarian section and not mess it up.

I paid attention to the kid and noticed that no-one else in the game interacts with him...

He shows up as soon as Anderson leaves the room, disappears when you're called by him, climbs into the shuttle himself (didn't see anyone else even glance in his direction) then you have odd dreams about him.
    Yep.

The kid is possibly the strongest argument towards indoctrination. Honestly, if they don't continue or revise the story, I'm just going to assume it was indoctrination and Shepard gets out of the rubble to DESTROY THE REAPERZ AND SAVE ALL THE HUMINZ!

Deleted
    Yep.

The kid is possibly the strongest argument towards indoctrination. Honestly, if they don't continue or revise the story, I'm just going to assume it was indoctrination and Shepard gets out of the rubble to DESTROY THE REAPERZ AND SAVE ALL THE HUMINZ!
    I'll go with this too.

Can sometimes take a few groups to manage Gold Geth, wouldn't even dream of putting it on random for the chance of getting Reapers...

Few days ago managed to do 4-5 Gold runs with one group, still no Asari Adept with all these runs D:
    No I mean in public rooms, not setting the enemies to Random, sorry. Maybe Im just terrible but the people who want to play silver wiht a level 4 toon and N100-some designation are... annoying.