Thread: [Music] Metal

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post

I was browsing my CD catalogue today and I found this old The Kovenant's SETI album in the midst of some albums which I will not utter here, and so, I put it on the CD-player and OMG the album is still as good as it was when it was released, like 10 years ago. Haven't aged a day. Definite classic right here.

I'm kind of wondering will their next album "Aria Galactica" be ever released..
    if Time by Wintersun was released, anything can be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Strongest contender for album of the year so far, epic atmospheric black metal from the USA.

Deleted

Speaking of Black Metal, take a look at this Blackgaze gem.

And this is for the fans of shoegaze in general.
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2013-02-20 at 10:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Omnium Gatherum with a very decent new album.

10+ Year Old Account

new album by stratovarius, iss one of their best works.

on that note. I cannot buy it from itunes atm and i will get gauged if I use my credit card (foreign currency transactions and such) and buy from their site. When is this getting released in Canada?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakeer View Post

new album by stratovarius, iss one of their best works.

on that note. I cannot buy it from itunes atm and i will get gauged if I use my credit card (foreign currency transactions and such) and buy from their site. When is this getting released in Canada?
    More power metal is always good. I didn't like Stratovarius at first, but like Dragonland, I find them to be getting progressively more enjoyable.

goold old in flames.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    More power metal is always good. I didn't like Stratovarius at first, but like Dragonland, I find them to be getting progressively more enjoyable.
    I've been having troubles finding new power metal bands that I can get into. Thats one reason im really pumped for this new album, its just amazing. I've never heard of this dragonland before, but if they're like stratovarius ya should link me one of their best.

I've been having troubles finding new power metal bands that I can get into. Thats one reason im really pumped for this new album, its just amazing. I've never heard of this dragonland before, but if they're like stratovarius ya should link me one of their best.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeeTDGHiF3E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTShSv-95uI

Dragonland is insane imo.

Oh and speaking of Dragonland, Amaranthe is kinda cool. Some might find it "pop'ish".
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y25s...yer_detailpage
    Last edited by shadowdasher; 2013-02-23 at 03:30 AM.

Do you like Metalium? lol, I swear, I don't know anyone that listens to it

I love Metal.
    Sorry if this has been posted before (but I'm not about to search through 200+ pages no way!)

youtube.com/watch?v=F9cqKafnUrk&feature=youtu.be

10+ Year Old Account
    I can give a solid no to metalium. im not really into the thrash and gutteral noises.

giving a listen to dragonland right now

Also my I suggest these two:
    Sons Of Seasons-German symphonic metal band formed by Kamelot keyboardist Oliver Palotai
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UP4IW_hzHk

Iron Mask- neoclassical/power metal
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3872eYI1AaQ

I can give a solid no to metalium. im not really into the thrash and gutteral noises.

giving a listen to dragonland right now
    I don't like it myself, just thought I'd suggest, since it's not as known as many other bands out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some viking metal

Last edited by hellhamster; 2013-02-24 at 03:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time to contribute.

To avoid lag for others, this is all I'm posting 'til next page.

Click for beard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now I'm usually not into Gothenburg styled melodeath (too much cheese I guess) with some very few exceptions. I generally avoid bands sounding like modern Soilwork and modern In Flames like the plague, but I was told by a friend who is heavily into melodeath that the new Soilwork double CD is Sweet Tapdancing Christ magnificent, an absolute masterpiece and a celebration to the genre. According to him this is the band's best record, everything is done perfectly, heaviness, catchy riffs and choruses, melody, sooooooo that got me intrigued. After having listened to it I have no choice but having to concur.

On the new-shit-to-listen-to list I still got: Fanisk, Suffocation, Nails, Light Bearer, Rotting Christ, Saxon, Manilla Road, Portal, The Fall of Every Season, Vreid, Fen, Darkthrone waiting for me. So far this year is excellent so I'm expecting greatness from all of them.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2013-02-26 at 10:54 AM.