Page 52 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Micromadsen View Post
    No. Murlocs are not intelligent enough to become a playable race. That is why we have something like the Jinyu which is a relative of the Murloc. And seriously it's a sodding murloc... Kill all of them I say!
    Psh, Ogres are dumb. Murlocs have their own language, whereas I don't believe Ogres do. Ogres are just dumb :P. I don't know the Jinyu since I didn't play MoP, but they just look like fish-people. In which we'd have more underwater stuff, maybe? I doubt they'd make them a race soon after introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    No, the fact that they almost made it twice means that they're most definitely being seriously considered once again. It's the fact that they almost made it that counts, because that means Blizzard wants to make them playable, but they've simply been outprioritized. So yeah, Blizzard has tried to add them seriously before, this isn't a matter of history repeating itself, because by now Ogres are the only real suitable choice for this kind of expansion theme. They're also interesting in their own right, and they already have a culture of worshipping Gronns and what not, so they are "lorrific" as you put it. Of course they'd need to figure out a lot of different things in order to make them properly playable, but fact is that they'd need to figure out much more stuff for every other race choice. Goblins proved to be a feasible choice because they had already set so many things in stone beforehand, while Worgens and Draenei were the exact opposite, Ogres would be as easy to make playable as Goblins, except that they'd need to figure out how the females look, which they had to do with Pandarens, Worgens and Draeneis too.

And there were many Pandaren threads, always filled with half "yay" and half "fuck you" as you mention. But they were many, and Blizzard themselves have stated they added them due to sheer demand.

Akama and Maiev on the Outland loading screen means nothing, just like unfrozen Bolvar does, probably even less. It's just for show. Like Blizzard themselves say, sometimes they just add things because they're cool, not because of some hidden meaning. In the current Outland loading screen's case, it's probably just to summarize important characters at the time of TBC.

Btw, good luck getting your Murlocs in a Draenor expansion. Murlocs pose many more problems than Ogres in every feasible way. And if they're well deserving, then why aren't Ogres? Ogres are more deserving than any other race that can potentially be added and have been added, maybe with the exception of Goblins, because they were there right from the start, they were there along with Daemons (as Demons were called back in WC1), Orcs and Humans right in the beginning. I don't see why you can't see them being playable, because it's something a lot of people have seen as only logical for many years. If any race is long overdue, it's definitely Ogres.

But again, it depends on if we're even getting any new races at all.
    Again, I think there are plenty suitable choices. People mention Arakkoa, I cling to The Broken, Naga, etc. We can go on about races that deserve spots, and saying Ogres deserve one is fine, but it comes down to the plotline of the expansion and what fits best.

That could easily be pre-frozen Bolvar, not unfrozen Bolvar xD. Mark my words, Maiev and Akama are returning in fullswing! And then unmark them if it doesn't happen! Though prior to them it was Illidan and Kael'thas, the actual leaders of the Outland raids. It's just suspicious, seeing as how they were both involved in one of the raids, and barely seen otherwise.

I'm not saying Ogres don't deserve it, I'm just saying I don't see it. As in, I feel like they should have already been added, and if they haven't been, they just won't now. Murlocs are just funny is all, and people will play a Murloc because we're Amurlicans. ONLY IN MURLICA.

A couple days until someone or no one is right. At this point, they're probably going to introduce inter-race breeding and just let people make sub-species and half-species of everything. Yeah, I'll see you on my Half-Draenei, Quarter-Worgen, Quarter-Tauren ! Yes, inter-faction mixers will happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking no new races or new classes since we did have 1 of each last xpac. And they probably won't do anymore neutral races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    Really?

So Horde doesn't need Blood Elves?

Well I'll be damned...
    The Blood Elves was introduced in the horde to take out the idea of "Horde races are ugly or beast like and the alliance have the pretty and normal looking races"

But we don't need a race like the Goblins in the Alliance

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    The Blood Elves was introduced in the horde to take out the idea of "Horde races are ugly or beast like and the alliance have the pretty and normal looking races"

But we don't need a race like the Goblins in the Alliance
    I beg to differ. On both points.

First, Elves on Horde was to prevent the Alliance having two Elf races.

Second, we do need a race like the Goblins on the Alliance. A trader race to balance a trader race. What kind of lopsided economic advantage do you think Goblins give to the Horde?

There will still be neutral Ethereals. Just like you can still go quest in Gadgetzan. But a splinter faction on Alliance will be the playable ones.

Deleted
    But we don't need a race like the Goblins exclusively in the Alliance
    Fixed that, considering the Ethereals are even more neutral than goblins by a long stretch. They roam the space in several separate groups, whilst goblins, while having separate factions as well, are mostly tied to Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account

Second, we do need a race like the Goblins on the Alliance. A trader race to balance a trader race. What kind of lopsided economic advantage do you think Goblins give to the Horde?

There will still be neutral Ethereals. Just like you can still go quest in Gadgetzan. But a splinter faction on Alliance will be the playable ones.
    >.>

Don't you think it will bring the same problem to the horde then?

The alliance will have 3 technological advance race (Ethereal, Gnomes and Draenei) and the horde one (Goblins)

So no... that's not a reason

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    Fixed that, considering the Ethereals are even more neutral than goblins by a long stretch. They roam the space in several separate groups, whilst goblins, while having separate factions as well, are mostly tied to Azeroth.
    Yeah, you're right (Fuck now i want to play Castle Crasher)

10+ Year Old Account
    >.>

The alliance will have 3 technological advance race (Ethereal, Gnomes and Draenei) and the horde one (Goblins)

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, you're right (Fuck now i want to play Castle Crasher)
    You are selling the Horde short.

Haven't you seen the techno-magic of the Blood Elves? Or the alchemic technology of the Forsaken?

10+ Year Old Account
    >.>

Yet another reason of why Ethereals should be neutral.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the actual problem is that if you give the alliance HE then the horde will need a new race too, and if you give a new race to the horde the alliance will feel that they have been cheated on cause they will see the HE as a copy + paste and not a new race

they could give Alliance High Elves and Horde Manari Eredar Defectors.

that way both factions get rehashed old races

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    Again, I think there are plenty suitable choices. People mention Arakkoa, I cling to The Broken, Naga, etc. We can go on about races that deserve spots, and saying Ogres deserve one is fine, but it comes down to the plotline of the expansion and what fits best.

That could easily be pre-frozen Bolvar, not unfrozen Bolvar xD. Mark my words, Maiev and Akama are returning in fullswing! And then unmark them if it doesn't happen! Though prior to them it was Illidan and Kael'thas, the actual leaders of the Outland raids. It's just suspicious, seeing as how they were both involved in one of the raids, and barely seen otherwise.

I'm not saying Ogres don't deserve it, I'm just saying I don't see it. As in, I feel like they should have already been added, and if they haven't been, they just won't now. Murlocs are just funny is all, and people will play a Murloc because we're Amurlicans. ONLY IN MURLICA.

A couple days until someone or no one is right. At this point, they're probably going to introduce inter-race breeding and just let people make sub-species and half-species of everything. Yeah, I'll see you on my Half-Draenei, Quarter-Worgen, Quarter-Tauren ! Yes, inter-faction mixers will happen.
    Oh yeah, I mention other races too, but only in regards to Alliance. Ogres fit a Draenor plot perfectly, which is why I think this will most likely finally be their time. Arakkoas I mention too, but they'd fit best on Alliance, considering they hate the Orcs more than anything, they have allied themselves with the Alliance in the past, and the good Arakkoas are lightwielders. Naga wouldn't really fit a Draenor expansion at all, they only made settlements on there many years after it became Outland, and if we really are going back in time to before Draenor became Outland, as some supposed leaks say, then Broken won't exist, not to mention that Nagas will still be underwater waiting to be awakened on Azeroth.

That's why I'm betting on Ogres and Arakkoa.

As for Maiev and Akama, of course they'll return at some point, their storylines have been left open, but I'm not expecting them to make a big return in quite some time.

As for sub-races, never been a fan, and never seen it as something Blizzard would do. They're making new race models before making sub-races, and not every race has something that fits.

Deleted

I've never heard such stupid conception of balance. Kung-Fu Pandas would be disappointed.

2 headed race to balance 2 headed race?

Deleted
    You are selling the Horde short.

Haven't you seen the techno-magic of the Blood Elves? Or the alchemic technology of the Forsaken?
    I don't think they are on the more sci-fi tech scale where the Gnomes, Goblins and Ethereals are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    I've never heard such stupid conception of balance. Kung-Fu Pandas would be disappointed.
    Explain why it is then.

Horde is desperate for Ogres and Ethereals too? Stop being greedy.

Fine, I demand Alliance Goblins then.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think they are on the more sci-fi tech scale where the Gnomes, Goblins and Ethereals are.
    http://wowpedia.org/Arcane_golem
    Last edited by Chain Chungus; 2013-11-06 at 07:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Explain why it is then.

Horde is desperate for Ogres and Ethereals too? Stop being greedy.

Fine, I demand Alliance Goblins then.
    We don't want Ethereals is just pointing out that Ethereals would look good as a neutral race, IMO i prefer the Alliance to get Arakkoa in these expansion, but if they get Ethereal then is ok

- - - Updated - - -

http://wowpedia.org/Arcane_golem
    High Elfs.... does that answer you?

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't want Ethereals is just pointing out that Ethereals would look good as a neutral race, IMO i prefer the Alliance to get Arakkoa in these expansion, but if they get Ethereal then is ok
    Fair enough.

High Elfs.... does that answer you?
    Read the description. Says Blood Elves too.

Deleted
    That's more like a construct animated by magic, not an actual robot.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    Oh yeah, I mention other races too, but only in regards to Alliance. Ogres fit a Draenor plot perfectly, which is why I think this will most likely finally be their time. Arakkoas I mention too, but they'd fit best on Alliance, considering they hate the Orcs more than anything, they have allied themselves with the Alliance in the past, and the good Arakkoas are lightwielders. Naga wouldn't really fit a Draenor expansion at all, they only made settlements on there many years after it became Outland, and if we really are going back in time to before Draenor became Outland, as some supposed leaks say, then Broken won't exist, not to mention that Nagas will still be underwater waiting to be awakened on Azeroth.

That's why I'm betting on Ogres and Arakkoa.

As for Maiev and Akama, of course they'll return at some point, their storylines have been left open, but I'm not expecting them to make a big return in quite some time.

As for sub-races, never been a fan, and never seen it as something Blizzard would do. They're making new race models before making sub-races, and not every race has something that fits.
    I just...can't see it. Like, I understand why, but everything about 'making sense' always make me think it won't happen; Blizzard does that so much. Because it's made sense for so long, ugh... If we're going straight based off of "Warlords" "of" "Draenor", why are we ignoring "Warlords"? Wasn't that a scrapped hero class for WC3? xD

At this point I really don't care what (if any) race or class is added, but it damn well better be a good story to bring me back from the depths of not playing. Like, DAMN good. Damnmazing.

Sub-race comment was a joke :P.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's more like a construct animated by magic, not an actual robot.
    Read the description.

"They are a product of both mechanical engineering and arcane enchantment, and as such can be classified as both mechanicals and elementals. In-game, arcane golems have one or the other of these creature types."

10+ Year Old Account
    Read the description. Says Blood Elves too.
    Yeah, i was pointing out that the alliance also have those...

and as Mokaproductionist said, those are construct animated by magic so it doesn't count as robots

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, i was pointing out that the alliance also have those...

and as Mokaproductionist said, those are construct animated by magic so it doesn't count as robots
    I dunno, kinda have them. As much as they have High Elves, which seems to be the Argent Tournament only.

Your second point, read my post one above yours.