Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Legion Launch Guides

Legion Live This Week!
    Legion is almost here!

What's Not Coming This Week?
    Mythic+ dungeons and raids aren't opening just yet, allowing time for everyone to level and gear up a little bit before the race is on.

• The Emerald Nightmare raid won't be available until Tuesday, September 20 when Normal and Heroic open.
    • The Nighthold won't be open until early 2017, meaning that you won't be able to obtain the Tier 19 armor sets until then.
    • Mythic+ Dungeons won't be available until Mythic Keystones begin dropping on Tuesday, September 20.
    • The new PvP season doesn't start until Tuesday, September 20. You can start earning honor and unlocking Honor Talents at launch though!

Patch 7.0.3 Recap
    If you are just coming back, be sure to take a look at the Patch 7.0.3 recap for all of the system changes made to the game.

Artifact Weapons
    Artifacts are the only weapons you will be using in Legion.

• Artifact weapons are specific to each spec. You will select one to start with and then can acquire the weapons for your other spec at Level 102.
    • Artifacts have a trait tree that requires Artifact Power to fill out.
    • The traits are mostly passive, powering up or modifying your existing class abilities. There are some activate traits that provide you with a new ability.
    • Artifact Knowledge provides a multiplier to your Artifact Power gains. Knowledge comes from completing work orders.
    • Relics can drop or be crafted and are used to increase the item level of your Artifact, as well as granting another rank of a trait.
    • Artifacts have five different models, with four color variations of each model. One of these models is hidden.
    • Be sure to take a look at the Artifact calculator to get familiar with your Artifact's traits.

Order Halls
    You will want to head to your Order Hall to work with your Artifact, manage missions, complete a campaign, and more!

Legendary Items
    There are new legendary armor items that can drop from many different sources in Legion.

• These legendary items are mostly specific to a class and spec, with your loot spec determining which legendary can drop.
    • There is no way to target a specific legendary item.
    • You can only equip one legendary item at the start of the expansion. This limit will be increased as time goes on.
    • Each class has an Order Hall talent that allows them to equip a second legendary item.
    • Some level of bad luck streak protection applies to legendary items.

Class Guides
    Icy Veins is ready to go with updated class guides!

AskMrRobot Updates
    Our friends over at AskMrRobot will be ready to launch with Legion, including their new simulator!

• The new site is launching when Legion goes live, midnight on August 30.
    • It will initially support stat weights for single target fights, with more options coming soon.
    • The simulator can help you to figure out the optimal Artifact path for the fights you are interested in.
    • In the near future, your character profile page will show an estimate of the DPS you should be able to do.
    • You can play with the simulator now, using the help page if needed.
    • There are some helpful tips on their blog here.

World Bosses
    Legion has a few of the 11 world bosses up at a time with a world quest associated with each boss. Some of the hidden Artifact appearances drop from these bosses!

Legion Dungeons
    Keep in mind that The Arcway and Court of Stars will only be available as Mythic dungeons, unlocked midway through the main Suramar questline.

World Quests
    Legion has a variety of quests all over the Broken Isles that give you a reason to go out into the world.

Mounts
    There are lots of new mounts to collect in Legion!

Professions
    Legion professions have lots of quests and new things to craft.

Factions
    Legion factions make reputation important once again and much less grindy than the factions in Warlords!

New Currencies
    Legion adds several new currencies, including Ancient Mana, which you will want to begin collecting as soon as you hit Suramar.

PvP Changes
    Legion brings significant changes to the PvP system. More Independence tuning of PvP and PvE, gear having less of an impact, Honor Talents, Prestige, and more!

Armor Sets
    Tier 19 armor sets won't be here until early 2017, but the art is shared with the PvP sets.

WoWDB Addon Data Collection
    Quickly populating the database with new additions is done with the help of many players. The more people that contribute data, the more accurate and quickly we can update the database.

To help out, just click here if you have Curse Client already installed.

When you are playing the addon will gather data and save it. When you are done playing, Curse Client will see the game close and upload the collected data from the addon.

Updated Addons
    Addon authors have been hard at work updating their addons for Patch 7.0.3 and Legion. Now might be a good time to take advantage of the Curse Client to update your addons, and the one click update for Premium users!

Dark Legacy Comics #549
    DLC #549 takes a look at one of the things we may need to prepare for!

Last edited by chaud; 2016-08-29 at 12:24 PM.

I've tried to not get hyped about this, but I can't help it. Expansion launches for WoW are always an experience, no matter how the expansion holds up!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I've tried to not get hyped about this, but I can't help it. Expansion launches for WoW are always an experience, no matter how the expansion holds up!
    This is so true! Tried to contain it myself but couldn’t! Can’t believe it’s finally here!

If you're looking for a leveling guide, look no further than here!

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post41963603

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Might be good to mention that Curse is doing a promotional free curse premium automatically until the end of September.
    Where can i find that?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a little sad now about legendary items...When I got mine in Pandaria, it felt great because I never was a huge PvE type person before hand and never had a chance for a legendary. Getting my first one was amazing. Then Draenor came, okay cool, it's a ring...Now, every class has many different legendaries. Now I kind of understand why others were a little upset with the Pandaria legendary. It's almost like it's given to you. it really takes the meaning of the item out of it. Unless they're adding "mythic" quality items, legendary items now feel like a new epic item instead. Even them saying that later raids will be more tuned for people that have at least 1 legendary item, it just makes me sad. It's still not going to make me stop playing this great game or hate my gear, I just feel like this is getting a little out of hand.

Might just be me, but again, I can't wait for tomorrow to come

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solomodex View Post
    Where can i find that?
    I had to uninstall my Curse client and reinstall the new App, the free premium comes with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Might be good to mention that Curse is doing a promotional free curse premium automatically until the end of September.

Just download the new app they have and the free premium for a month automatic

Quote Originally Posted by Octavane View Post
    I'm a little sad now about legendary items...When I got mine in Pandaria, it felt great because I never was a huge PvE type person before hand and never had a chance for a legendary. Getting my first one was amazing. Then Draenor came, okay cool, it's a ring...Now, every class has many different legendaries. Now I kind of understand why others were a little upset with the Pandaria legendary. It's almost like it's given to you. it really takes the meaning of the item out of it. Unless they're adding "mythic" quality items, legendary items now feel like a new epic item instead. Even them saying that later raids will be more tuned for people that have at least 1 legendary item, it just makes me sad. It's still not going to make me stop playing this great game or hate my gear, I just feel like this is getting a little out of hand.

Might just be me, but again, I can't wait for tomorrow to come
    You're not the only one man. i only started playing in the end of cataclysm but that doesn't make me question what is legendary about an item everyone can -easily- get now. it's supposed to be a reward of exceptional skills, something not every player can get it, you basicly can get it from any mob you kill in legion now... this went from a reward for skill to a reward for luck.

Two questions. Are invasions for sure ending at launch? And can you transmog an artifact to another one? I'd like to use some assassination looks for my outlaw rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by z3rodown View Post
    Two questions. Are invasions for sure ending at launch? And can you transmog an artifact to another one? I'd like to use some assassination looks for my outlaw rogue.
    First qurstion yes they are a PRE LAUNCH event when legión release good bye invasion

Second you can xmog the artifact to any weapon of wow exept another artifact, so for your question NO

Quote Originally Posted by z3rodown View Post
    You can transmog artifacts, but you cannot use other artifact weapon appearances.

So you can mog your artifact to a regular weapon, but you cannot mog anything to use an artifact's appearance.

It says grab your waterstrider if you have space gold. Are they removing the exalted requirement when legion drops?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    I can't see why this sort of thinking matters, if anything people should be happier more and more people are becoming more and more better equipped just embrace the change it will make life easier for you.
    Sorry that my post bothered you...I was just stating my opinion about the situation. I'm still excited about the new expansion and will still enjoy the game.

And yes, you're completely right. Players will be geared more for raids and dungeons, but I just don't understand why they're making it almost a necessity to have one. "Later raid tiers will be tuned around most players having a legendary item." That's all I was getting at. I miss the idea of a legendary item actually being legendary. But, that changed actually around Burning Crusade. I just keep forgetting that it's actually been getting easier since Vanilla to get one. Change happens. Lets see how long it takes me to get my first one this expansion lol. My luck, it'll be towards the end of the expansion.
    Last edited by Octavane; 2016-08-29 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myranda01 View Post
    You're not the only one man. i only started playing in the end of cataclysm but that doesn't make me question what is legendary about an item everyone can -easily- get now. it's supposed to be a reward of exceptional skills, something not every player can get it, you basicly can get it from any mob you kill in legion now... this went from a reward for skill to a reward for luck.
    You realize that legendaries stopped being rewards of exceptional skill after Vanillar right? The two legendaries in TBC were rare drops. The Two legendaries in Wrath were only available to a select few classes and just required a grind for the most part. So honestly....legendaries have been easy to get since TBC. Not sure why people are crying about how now they're world drops and such now. That's what they were in TBC. Also, they don't drop from just ANY mob. If you actually read patch notes and such, you would see they only drop from dungeon bosses, raid bosses, and world bosses. You're not gonna find a legendary off a random add in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am gonna get up at 2:4am to be on when it goes live, because this is the expansion they get it right!

//haha! Friggin Dalaran!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LukerX View Post
    It says grab your waterstrider if you have space gold. Are they removing the exalted requirement when legion drops?
    This confused me too. Anybody now why this mount was mentioned? Better not be getting the rep removed. I worked hard on that. It's always the things I do that get simplified.

Thanks to Eis for this great sig and avatar!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CamdenQ View Post
    This confused me too. Anybody now why this mount was mentioned? Better not be getting the rep removed. I worked hard on that. It's always the things I do that get simplified.
    maybe only because you can use it well while questing in Legion, esp. Azsuna and Stormheim...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CamdenQ View Post
    About every "get ready for legion" video and article i have seen mentioned getting the water strider or water walking potions. I have not heard that the rep gate is being removed, but on at least two articles/videos they mentioned getting the rep done, if you hadn't already.

I think all that we can take away from this is that there is going to be a lot of water to contend with ...

Quote Originally Posted by zrankfappa View Post
    About every "get ready for legion" video and article i have seen mentioned getting the water strider or water walking potions. I have not heard that the rep gate is being removed, but on at least two articles/videos they mentioned getting the rep done, if you hadn't already.

I think all that we can take away from this is that there is going to be a lot of water to contend with ...
    I too would like to know why azure water strider was mentioned. It sounds like something to do with the faction? The statement is kind of vague.

The water strider was mentioned as a reward from nat Pagle best friend status - level 3 fishing hut in garrisons. Still a grind however.....

It was also mentioned because of a certain 'getting ready for legion/levelling' thread that everyone is now taking to be the bible.