Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Totally random question...

Do I remember correctly that we're getting weapon/armor mounts for housing?
    Like a mannequin you can put weapons/armor on for display?

I know I've seen that requested at some point, but I don't recall anything official-ish being stated about it.

Could have sworn Yoshida mentioned it in a Live Letter fairly recently that it was coming, but I may be wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Totally random question...

Do I remember correctly that we're getting weapon/armor mounts for housing?
    If I recall correctly gear displays were confirmed, just not at launch.

Q: I pride myself in being an interior decorator in Eorzea. I’ve always wanted to display my gear and weapons that I’ve worked hard on in the house. Can we get mannequins or weapon racks?
    A: We just happened to have a similar conversation about this about four days ago in Japan. We will accomplish this within the 4.x series.
    Last edited by xerus; 2017-06-13 at 08:22 PM.

Because I can't resist being snarky sometimes.... "Respond in a way I approve of or get the fuck off" is totally reasonable. =3

Aaaaaand I'm going to go the opposite direction while you light that torch and sharpen that pitchfork... I mean, I totally deserve the torch and pitchfork for that one, but I'm still gonna run.

*Moving beyond quote reply, not specific towards one person*

But seriously, I find it mind boggling how many are so hostilely negative for this game now. From calling the developers ignorant and incompetant to expecting the game's about to tank in the next couple of years, it seems like I'm the only one that found Stormblood's trailer awesome and looking forward to this Friday.

It's just weird. "ARR was so amazing!" "Heavensward looks amazing" ".... Heavensward was okay." "Stormblood looks meh." "This game hasn't changed so it's going to tank soon." If it was amazing and has barely changed, how is it garbage now?

I don't get people.
    Yeah I don't get it too. I'm mega hyped for Stormblood even if some things like the data center move has left a sour taste. I think most of it is just uncertainty after things like Diadem and then them going and saying a dungeon is being replaced by "new content". At the same time though they have done Aquapolis which was pretty cool and POTD which seems to be a huge hit among casual players... 2/3 is pretty good I'd say.

Heh... 3 days away and I still can't decide what the frack I'm going to level first in SB. -_-

Could have sworn Yoshida mentioned it in a Live Letter fairly recently that it was coming, but I may be wrong.
    You're not wrong. Someone asked a question during fan fest I believe if you could display your weapons and armour inside your house and they alluded it was coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Yeah I don't get it too. I'm mega hyped for Stormblood even if some things like the data center move has left a sour taste. I think most of it is just uncertainty after things like Diadem and then them going and saying a dungeon is being replaced by "new content". At the same time though they have done Aquapolis which was pretty cool and POTD which seems to be a huge hit among casual players... 2/3 is pretty good I'd say.

Heh... 3 days away and I still can't decide what the frack I'm going to level first in SB. -_-

You're not wrong. Someone asked a question during fan fest I believe if you could display your weapons and armour inside your house and they alluded it was coming.
    Oh I'm super hyped as well and RDM is first on my list but I'm still nervous about this design direction.

He may have very well done so; I made my reply purely off of memory, and to say that can be sketchy at times is an understatement.

A quick google search for "FF14 mannequin" did reveal (to me) that such things existed within FF11, so I would venture a guess that the team is aware of the popularity/demand for such an item. I think they would be really cool to have as a housing item. Moreso if you could customize the poses they have, but that would simply be icing on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Oh I'm super hyped as well and RDM is first on my list but I'm still nervous about this design direction.
    Weighing my current three 50-60's... PLD, WHM, and AST.

I know AST will be a hit this expansion but aesthetically speaking I'm not a huge fan.

I may toss aside all and go straight for a newly minted BRD. As I said, ARR, that's what I desired in the first place but my mother picked it up and I didn't want to step on toes.

About the extra content that will be part of the odd numbered patches, I don't think it'll be the same sort of content every time. Just various other types of PvE content for people to do to give more variety in what players do. That was my impression at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    About the extra content that will be part of the odd numbered patches, I don't think it'll be the same sort of content every time. Just various other types of PvE content for people to do to give more variety in what players do. That was my impression at least.
    Oh for sure. As long as it's fun and engaging I'm happy. Not some Diadem/Verminion style garbage.

That would actually be pretty cool if that was the case. Add some sort of repeatable mechanic to it so you can run it a few times and get something out of it. Not too long lasting but maybe keep you busy for a month or so.

Regarding the "negativity"...I'm going to go with that stemming from us venturing into the unknown. No one fully knows what exactly to expect. We know of the job changes/overhaul. We know a bit about the new areas, but not a whole lot. We don't know exactly what sort of new content we'll get in those odd-numbered patches instead of a dungeon. I am partially disappointed they didn't opt to go for 3 dungeons per patch, even if it means 1 or even 2 of the 3 were merely HMs (thus re-used assets). That would be upwards of 18 dungeons in the span of Stormblood; that's a lot of dungeons, to put it mildly, and to say it would be a headache for a new player 2 years from now to unlock them all would be an understatement (assuming they keep the ridiculous notion of completely blanking out the dungeon name with ???????????? in the list, thus making figuring out what it could be an exercise in bouncing around on the wiki or googling it).

All that being said, I'll state what I've said elsewhere (here and on Reddit): I haven't looked forward to a MMO release (or a game release in general, honestly) this much since Guild Wars 2's original launch. Prior to that, Wrath of the Lich King. Both of those I pour many hours into and enjoyed immensely. I fully expect the same result with Stormblood. So what if the unthinkable happens and Stormblood turns out to be Shitblood (because it's so bad that it makes you feel like you're doing exactly that)? Well, E3's going on, so that's a preview of possible things to play, plus I have a Steam backlog (that will likely grow whenever the summer sale shows up). Specifically, I had been considering giving Path of Exile a go; barring that, I may derp around in the new D3 season, although that game tends to get boring rather quick. That's a discussion for the D3 subforum, though.

15+ Year Old Account

On the topic of the patch cycles, 1 dungeon on odd patches etc.

Simplified versions of the gauges? That I'm excited for because some of them are very obnoxious even if you can scale them down. They also mentioned being able to change the colour of UI elements.. makes you think why this wasn't in day one? In every FF game you can change the backdrop to different colours from the standard gray.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    It's really not worth it and I only ever healed myself in any game as a means to alleviate the healer's overall focus.
    Precisely. Off-healing comes into play when stuff goes awry and the healer faces more targets than he can heal alone. A DPS that can intervene with a quick heal or survival skill is always welcome in a situation like that.

Granted, though: these situations are fairly rare. Esp in a game like FF where we have very powerful AoE heals available to us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Gratz! Just in time for 4.0, then!
    Yup. Tomorrow I will do Hildi and the other Questline, revolving around the church.
    Then I am done. Screw MCH. Class is so little fun, esp with them retarded cast times, I abandoned the powerleveling project and will push it to 60 via daily dungeon bonuses to cut down on the time I spend with this mess of a class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blitz ball is probably one of those. Still unsure how that'll work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Simplified versions of the gauges?
    Part of me wished I could just hide them completely, but based on what I've seen, gauge is only way to see those resources.

So I'm all for simplified versions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Precisely. Off-healing comes into play when stuff goes awry and the healer faces more targets than he can heal alone. A DPS that can intervene with a quick heal or survival skill is always welcome in a situation like that.

Granted, though: these situations are fairly rare. Esp in a game like FF where we have very powerful AoE heals available to us.
    I do that as a SMN when it's very obvious the MT is getting completely destroyed and I have some dot on me. Sure dps drops but a couple of ruin is jack shit damage compared to dying anyways. Though I wish more SMNs res people, DO IT PEOPLE.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Part of me wished I could just hide them completely, but based on what I've seen, gauge is only way to see those resources.

So I'm all for simplified versions.
    You'll still be able to see those things on the buff bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Yup. Tomorrow I will do Hildi and the other Questline, revolving around the church.
    Then I am done. Screw MCH. Class is so little fun, esp with them retarded cast times, I abandoned the powerleveling project and will push it to 60 via daily dungeon bonuses to cut down on the time I spend with this mess of a class.
    You know it's cast times are going away right? Both BRDs and MCHs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    You'll still be able to see those things on the buff bar.
    Really? I've watched bunch of videos and only seen job gauge with no other indicator (buff bar).

Guess they simply weren't patched in or is an toggle option that was turned off?