I guess now we know why Trump was throwing fits last week and hyping pardons.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/04/russ...tampering.html

Mueller is now accusing* Manafort with witness tampering by using encrypted messaging services to try to contact witnesses, violating the conditions of his release.

Oh boy, Manafucked may be super Manafucked, now.
    Holy Bleep! Manafort seriously has a criminal mind. I bet in pre-school this dude was already stealing crayons.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

The President and/or Congress needs to give Mueller an ultimatum. He should have six months to shit or get off the pot. This is setting a terrible precedent. Imagine if Trump is able to stuff his people into the FBI, CIA, IRS, etc. and they decide to spend years on a completely fallacious investigation into the next administration for the purpose of undermining it's legitimacy. That would be very bad for all future administrations on the left or right.

There have been ideologues on both sides that have controlled Washington in the past, but they were all smart enough to not politicizes organizations such as the military, intelligence, or the IRS because they understood that such power could be used against them in the future should the political winds change. Nixon learned the hard way and was condemned by all sides for tampering with the IRS. Obama, in his ideological zeal, seems to have simply ignored this precedent to the detriment of the Republic.
    Last edited by Khelek; 2018-06-05 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khelek View Post
    The President and/or Congress needs to give Mueller an ultimatum. He should have six months to shit or get off the pot. This is setting a terrible president. Imagine if Trump is able to stuff his people into the FBI, CIA, IRS, etc. and they decide to spend years on a completely fallacious investigation into the next administration for the purpose of undermining it's legitimacy. That would be very bad for all future administrations on the left or right.

There have been ideologues on both sides that have controlled Washington in the past, but they were all smart enough to not politicizes organizations such as the military, intelligence, or the IRS because they understood that such power could be used against them in the future should the political winds change. Nixon learned the hard way and was condemned by all sides for tampering with the IRS. Obama, in his ideological zeal, seems to have simply ignored this president to the detriment of the Republic.
    Mueller is a REPUBLICAN. Rosenstien is a REPUBLICAN.

This is not a partisan issue. Stop drinking the koolaid.

The President and/or Congress needs to give Mueller an ultimatum. He should have six months to shit or get off the pot.
    Twenty-seven indictments isn't "shitting"?

This is setting a terrible president.
    No, Trump is being a terrible president all on his own.

Imagine if Trump is able to stuff his people into the FBI, CIA, IRS, etc. and they decide to spend years on a completely fallacious investigation into the next administration for the purpose of undermining it's legitimacy. That would be very bad for all future administrations on the left or right.
    Yes, it would be. Good thing that's not what's happening here, though I could totally see Trump trying to intentionally do that because he's a petulant child.

There have been ideologues on both sides that have controlled Washington in the past, but they were all smart enough to not politicizes organizations such as the military, intelligence, or the IRS because they understood that such power could be used against them in the future should the political winds change. Nixon learned the hard way and was condemned by all sides for tampering with the IRS. Obama, in his ideological zeal, seems to have simply ignored this president to the detriment of the Republic.
    Mueller's investigation has nothing to do with ideologues or politicizing the intelligence community. Their investigation started months before it became public, and Obama didn't even know about it until shortly before the election. The idea that the purpose of this is to "get" Trump is patently absurd and in no way, shape, or form backed up by anything resembling reality. You'll notice that even the Republicans in Congress want it to continue, including the hyper-partisan Mitch "party over country even if it means shooting ourselves in the foot" McConnell.
    Last edited by DarkTZeratul; 2018-06-05 at 07:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    a terrible president
    The only part of your post with any basis in reality. Regarding politicizing the FBI etc., you do remember this began with Trump wanting assurances of loyalty from the head of the FBI right?

10+ Year Old Account
    The President and/or Congress needs to give Mueller an ultimatum. He should have six months to shit or get off the pot. This is setting a terrible president. Imagine if Trump is able to stuff his people into the FBI, CIA, IRS, etc. and they decide to spend years on a completely fallacious investigation into the next administration for the purpose of undermining it's legitimacy. That would be very bad for all future administrations on the left or right.

This is actually an excellent post, for reasons perhaps other than intended.

It shows just how that for some people, style matters most. This is blinkered partisan politics, masquerading as 'middle ground'. This is 'but her emails' writ large.

If Trump and his 'woke' supporters can't fight the facts, they've shown a consistent approach to muddy the waters. Only someone putting their fingers in their ears, closing their eyes and shouting 'NO U' could imagine that this is a democrat witch hunt. The facts are clear, and anyone so blinkered as to ignore that isn't operating on the same plane of existence.

I mean, the fact that there are even off hand comments being thrown out about 'shooting' Comey just continues the normalisation of how wretched this administration is. This is a war on truth and sadly, it's discouraging how many people buy into it hook line and sinker.

There will be no ultimatums given to law enforcement by the political side of the US government and/or those under investigation. If you feel differently, I'm sure you can find an authoritarian regime out there to your liking where what you are suggesting is remotely acceptable.

We are a nation of laws and if Trump and anyone else committed any wrong doing, they will pay for it.

Also it's "precedent".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    While shooting himself in the back, don't forget that.
    Clear case of suicide, he backed up onto the knife 20 or 30 times.

- - - Updated - - -

So Manafort is getting deeply Manafucked now. Manafuckered? Manafuckeder? More fucked than before.

How much more deeper into the shit will he go before Dolan pardons him? Any bets on how long before he joins Murdoch's department of propaganda and he becomes Manafaux?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

There's one problem, these are largely Republicans who are investigating him. As for putting a deadline on the investigation, that would be nothing more than obstruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    There's one problem, these are largely Republicans who are investigating him. As for putting a deadline on the investigation, that would be nothing more than obstruction.
    And he was lucky to get that. Especially since the usual protocol is to have an investigator from the opposite party.

Archibald Cox investigated Nixon until the Saturday Night Massacre, he was a Democrat when Nixon was a Republican.
    Kenneth Starr investigated Clinton in the Whitewater scandal and he was a Republican when Clinton was a Democrat, obviously.

I don't know of many other special investigations off the top of my head, but Mueller is a Republican, Appointed by Rosenstein, whom is a Republican, who was appointed by Trump. The only reason he was allowed to go forth, was probably because everyone holds him in such high regard, he is about the law, and not the party.

Obama, in his ideological zeal, seems to have simply ignored this president to the detriment of the Republic.
    This post was entirely nonsensical, but this line right here is pure dumb. What does this mean? What does Obama have to do with Trump again? How did Obama ignore(?) this?

As for the the investigation there is no ultimatum besides figuring out if Trump is innocent or guilty, and considering Mueller and Rosenstein are republicans I don't have to worry about this being partisan in any way.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

I don't think anyone has remarked in the last five minutes how enormously screwed Manafort is.

I don't think there is a person alive more screwed than he is, at this very moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    And he was lucky to get that. Especially since the usual protocol is to have an investigator from the opposite party.

Archibald Cox investigated Nixon until the Saturday Night Massacre, he was a Democrat when Nixon was a Republican.
    Kenneth Starr investigated Clinton in the Whitewater scandal and he was a Republican when Clinton was a Democrat, obviously.

I don't know of many other special investigations off the top of my head, but Mueller is a Republican, Appointed by Rosenstein, whom is a Republican, who was appointed by Trump. The only reason he was allowed to go forth, was probably because everyone holds him in such high regard, he is about the law, and not the party.
    Wonder if they regret it now.

I kinda was thinking they would appoint one who put party before nation and would try and hand wave it away and get rid of it with a token gesture at most, similar to how Mitch McConnel would have. They ended up actually getting a republican who cared more about his job and his nation than his party it seems.

Actually got a guy who might make efforts to clean house.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine if Trump is able to stuff his people into the FBI, CIA, IRS, etc. and they decide to spend years on a completely fallacious investigation into the next administration for the purpose of undermining it's legitimacy.
    Off the bat... do you know that Trump is president?

Why isn’t he able? Did Trump fire the FBI director or not? Is Comey currently the FBI Director? Trump has already launched an investigation into voter fraud, that he ended and all evidence was destroyed. Trump has already refused to impose sanctions on Russia, after congress passed it almost unanimously.

Trump can launch any investigation he wants. He chooses to chant “lock her up”, not because of justice... but, because undermining the US government through rhetoric, does not require actual scrutiny... like an investigation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    This post was entirely nonsensical, but this line right here is pure dumb.
    He told us to imagine what would happen, if Trump placed the people he wants in FBI and CIA... in thread about an investigation, that includes the firing of an FBI Director. Who refused to end the Russian investigation, even though Trump called him a “brave American hero” for not being afraid to stand up to establishment power. Like releasing a statement on Hillary investigation, 2 weeks before the election.

Bizarre...

Edit: Shit... we can even talk about Trump’s fucked up pardons, before he is a lame duck president, with just a month left in his term. That’s how most presidents do it, but Trump is one of the few that isn’t waiting to pardon his friends. I don’t even understand what @Khelek wants us to imagine... we can read news.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yeah, telling people to imagine how Trump would sway investigations, if he only was able. To then say this investigation into Russia, not even Trump at this point, has to end. I’m just wondering what happens to those pleading guilty and being indicted... can those continue past his time limit?
    Last edited by Felya; 2018-06-05 at 01:46 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I don't think anyone has remarked in the last five minutes how enormously screwed Manafort is.

I don't think there is a person alive more screwed than he is, at this very moment.
    I'd give Vegas odds that Trump will pardon him.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    I'd give Vegas odds that Trump will pardon him.
    Then he can be charged by the state and still gets fucked either way.
    "The Russians can't beat us at anything--they can't even feed themselves." Woody Hayes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyenut88 View Post
    Then he can be charged by the state and still gets fucked either way.
    Yes, but as I've said before, I doubt Trump or his lawyers understand this.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Hey everybody, Skroe's banned: I don't know why, but watch the news for something big!
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

If Skroe is banned it must be Tuesday.