Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Bohoo waah waah I have to heal.

Yes you will have to heal and no you won't get a lot of DPS out. Working as intended. Imho all content should hit this hard. I have tanked it with crap gear and I have healed it with crap gear.

It's not a problem.
    Because spamming one heal on the tank cause if you stop they die, immediately, is fun? If it were more spread damage that required more use of abilities then sure, but sitting there spamming 1 single target heal on the tank with your oGCD on occasion is not very fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    WoW-born MMORPG mentality? You must not have been playing EverQuest when the server elitists would shit on people that sucked and also intentionally get them killed in various zones to hit them with EXP penalties, guilds stealing each others kill midfight by training a group of enemies on them to wipe them and engaging the boss..
    Honestly no, I never played the super early-age MMORPGs. But that's a type of thing you can't avoid in anything online, what I mean more specifically is this mentality of gatekeeping where some players almost think it's right and correct to try to push down players trying to learn the game. I've played a ton of MMORPGs since and I've only ever seen that kind of mentality so prevalent in WoW, to the point where it's practically celebrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Honestly no, I never played the super early-age MMORPGs. But that's a type of thing you can't avoid in anything online, what I mean more specifically is this mentality of gatekeeping where some players almost think it's right and correct to try to push down players trying to learn the game. I've played a ton of MMORPGs since and I've only ever seen that kind of mentality so prevalent in WoW, to the point where it's practically celebrated.
    Well WoW takes many lessons from the super early-age MMORPGs and gatekeeping in EQ was far far more painful as guilds could kill bosses that possessed the keys (or partial keys) to go into some of the more lucrative farming zones.

Anyways on topic, at some point players are no longer 'learning the game', they are just not good at it. So it should be a group's right to remove someone that is underperforming and dragging the group down. I personally don't use the ACT addon thing but I get why others use it. Just because you play the game does not mean groups have to carry you or suffer through bad healing or bad tanking. Bad DPS is also terrible but of course does not impact the groups QUITE as much.

Well WoW takes many lessons from the super early-age MMORPGs and gatekeeping in EQ was far far more painful as guilds could kill bosses that possessed the keys (or partial keys) to go into some of the more lucrative farming zones.

Anyways on topic, at some point players are no longer 'learning the game', they are just not good at it. So it should be a group's right to remove someone that is underperforming and dragging the group down. I personally don't use the ACT addon thing but I get why others use it. Just because you play the game does not mean groups have to carry you or suffer through bad healing or bad tanking. Bad DPS is also terrible but of course does not impact the groups QUITE as much.
    Well I mean yeah, and I agreed with that multiple times. I feel like nobody commenting about this actually read my post.

I don't really see it as a bad thing that you're not allowed to berate a player for possibly just being inexperienced or bad at MMORPGs. You still have the option to kick them, and can if you want. I don't know what's wrong with also enforcing, partially community-side, the idea that you're not allowed to belittle people. You're perfectly allowed to give advice or ask them wtf is going on, you're just not allowed to abuse them.
    People have this circlejerk opinion that they're not allowed to talk about someone underperforming in pugs which frankly just isn't true and never has been true. It's been confirmed that you're allowed to kick people over playstyle, and you're allowed to discuss performance as long as you don't specifically talk about parsing, harass or shit talk.
    Last edited by Irian; 2019-06-07 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Because spamming one heal on the tank cause if you stop they die, immediately, is fun? If it were more spread damage that required more use of abilities then sure, but sitting there spamming 1 single target heal on the tank with your oGCD on occasion is not very fun.
    And people fucking wonder why shit/undergeared players get a free pass with what you are responding to. And if it makes you feel better I had to deal with that shit in the 69 dungeon.

Tanks upgrade your fucking gear. The grey vendor gear is just as good.

I've never met a player that was rude when I asked what I did wrong and why he performed so much better. Quite the contrary, lots of people were willing to help.
    This is the way I learned how to get good in WoW. Ask experienced folks, take hints thrown my way seriously and read up in forums.

Many people don't care though. They want to look at pretty gfx, mash a few buttons and get their reward centers triggered w/o putting in effort. You will never convert these.
    Nor have I, but I wasn't comfortable assuming my experience matched everyone else's lol.

Regarding the ones who "don't care" I agree. They can and won't be converted and that's ok. It's one of the reasons I think having open information (parsing data) is a good thing. Look to normal social cues. People don't inherently want to be excluded. Having poor performance will cause that. Thus they'll either improve or stick to circles where it's ok/welcome, a la FC/PF, etc. Now, I know that people who are now exposed wouldn't like this, but it's hard for me to sympathize if they don't sympathize with me you know? What makes this even more relevant is as they expand the trust system and squadron dungeons the need for a multiplayer experience hollows even further so if you're TRULY that awful that no one wants to play with you, you can still enjoy the game without hampering others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    I can't speak for others but I for one wouldn't want to be kicked out of a dungeon after a 20 minute queue without anyone saying a word to me. If I'm underperforming, feel free to tell me (although, y'know, in a constructive way, not just "you suck"), but don't kick me without a word. Not that this has happened to me, just sayin'
    I find it INCREDIBLY hard to believe that we can find a single person who would genuinely rather be kicked from a party with no explanation vs. having one. Like remove parsing from the equation entirely and just ask yourself this question (not you, other people, you've already answered LOL).

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    People using ACT shouldn't be reported, people using it as a tool to decide who to blind kick out of a party should be. That's not what it's for. It's to help people improve. If the person with low performance refuses to improve or do better THEN kick them. But don't just look at their numbers and blind kick them like a couple others are advocating.
    The problem is the environment we're operating in requires this and I sincerely wish it didn't. Take it from someone who used to regularly post ACT data in chat to my PUGs in ARR, and in HW only if people asked, but in SB? Not a chance in hell. Even just objectively mentioning it, i.e. posting it in chat without a single person playing poorly or asking or negative on it, I'd likely have some mouth-frother's report me. No harassment, just raw objective data and I'd be permabanned. No thanks.

That's a pretty egregious example, agreed. I'm more speaking of someone who's not doing things optimally, but still doing things, and just getting lowER numbers because of it. Not someone who's putting forth no effort whatsoever.
    It's not that egregious though. You saw my post last time about Skalla and then the normal raid I went too. It happens all the time. I did a expert roulette as a 370 DRG yesterday, that I have NO IDEA how to play optimally. I just use AOE when I need too and I maintain my dot and dmg up buffs. I don't know how to manage LotD and I don't get 3 Nastronds hardly ever.

Yet there I was, top damage for the dungeon by a good 13%; against a team in full i400 gear despite being 30 ilvl lower and having no real expertise in the job. If I was in i400 gear and actually good at the job? I'd probably be ahead by a good 30%. I can't think of a SINGLE time in the last 2 expansions in WoW where I ever did 30% more damage than someone in party/raid (assuming no deaths).

I agree with you. He should have been called out sooner. You didn't need ACT to know that he was terrible though.
    I bring this example up frequently because it directly refutes the commonly made point that "if you would complete anyway why does it matter". That bar is too low and shouldn't be ANY kind of standard. And while 100% true I didn't need it for the tank, imagine if a DPS was that bad? I wouldn't really be able to tell. People always say you can watch this and that and while true, I could just as easily just slow cast the right order of abilities and it would "look" like I knew what I was doing, but put an extra 2.5s between each GCD. You'd never know unless you were watching me like a hawk (letting your play degrade). Just that change alone would prob cost a good 15-20% of output over the course of an entire dungeon. Never tested it. Might do it.

There were at least two people in this thread advocating for blindly kicking a player because of bad performance. No advice, no pointing towards resources, just looking at their performance and then kicking them for "difference in playstyle." Which is exactly the kind of thing the devs are trying to prevent by being so heavy handed about parsers. Low performance on it's own should not be a bootable offense. Low performance coupled with laziness or an unwillingness to improve or do better should be.
    Correct. That's because it's very hard to offer advice with no mathematical data to back it up. Do you have ANY idea how many times I've had random people in DF offer me PLD tips that were flat out wrong? Like not even close to being accurate? Now imagine if there was a mathematical tool that showed him outperforming me and he offered me tips, I'd be INFINITELY more likely to take him seriously.

I offer advice occasionally. 3/5 times it's met with dead silence, 1/5 I get good feedback, and 1/5 I get a mouth-frothing monster hell bent on sabotaging me for the rest of the run. 1/5 isn't really a good enough reward for me time/effort. I'd rather grind for ARR atma odds and that shit made me quit. That's why I always say, if someone really wants to learn I'll spend hours teaching you what I know. I enjoy that. I don't enjoy trying to help people who aren't interested and the DF itself is VERY rarely the correct place to offer help as I don't want to waste the others time if they're not on board. That leaves 3 options. Complete and give them positive reinforcement that they're doing it right, Kick and explain what they did wrong and risk report/ban (shield lob guy), or kick with no explanation for the safest possible recourse.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    You definitely will, Naoki has made it pretty clear that if it's used against players then it becomes an issue the support team has to deal with.
    I hate leechers as much as anyone else but if I see anyone use parsers against players, then they're banned within a few days.

Also for the guy who said support won't do anything, you're an idiot. I've gotten people banned for abusing it in the past and will continue to do so moving forward.
    So yeah, you will get banned. An IRL friend of mine even got a suspension for it 2 months ago.
    I've been using ACT since ARR. As I mentioned above I was very open about it in ARR. I'd regularly post results to people and even as justification for kicking someone. Even in HW I did this, less frequently albeit, but still a lot by request (i.e. anyone running ACT? Yeah I got you man, links report). I don't do it as much in SB due to how people act now. I just remove problems and try to offer insight where I can.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCookieGod View Post
    But at the end of the day, if a dungeon run takes an extra 5 or 10 minutes because of one person playing like ass, it's still only an extra 5-10 minutes.
    The problem isn't that it's just 10 more minutes, it's that something that should theoretically take 11-12 minutes (wall to wall, pushing AOE buttons with good players) took 22 minutes. Nearly double the time and that's with average players. Now imagine if you had bad DPS? It suddenly jumps to 26 minutes. Imagine if you had a 0 DPS healer. Now it's 31 minutes, nearly triple the time. This happens. I'm a finance guy, so I see things in % changes. Sure 10 or 20 minutes as an absolute value isn't the end of the world, but a 200-300% increase in duty length?

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    ...Yes? Who the hell doesn't? What is even the point of asking this?

If you read either of my posts on this subject I made it pretty obvious that I do, in fact I even outright stated it. You sound incredibly silly for making this some kind of big point though.

And this is why I wish this silly concept of "we can't report because censorship!!!" would die already. You already have that.

There is nothing stopping you from, currently, either doing one of two things: respectfully asking why someone's not really doing a lot of damage (or any, if a healer), and you're also allowed to kick the player for underperforming. These are not against the terms of the game and in fact have been confirmed by SE as valid reasons to kick someone. So the only thing I could imagine people could possibly want beyond that is to strictly talk about numerical DPS which I'm frankly happy isn't going to overtake the game with an already too-big parse culture.
    At the time I quoted you, you hadn't mentioned that, but I did look back and see it now so my apologies. The reason I always ask this is it helps me have a better grasp of how much insight into ACT a poster has. You'd be surprised the # of people who comment on the tool as if they're an expert, but completely fail to grasp basics of what it captures.

Since you are against harassment and pro ACT, we're on the same page. What I drew a disagreement with was the notion that we can on average offer advice meaningfully. I know that it happens successfully and I know that it happens unsuccessfully. I suspect, albeit anecdotally, that on average without mathematical evidence (i.e. ACT) people are significantly less likely to be willing to accept advice. That also assumes that advice given is relevant and accurate, which again anecdotally, I've learned is far from a guarantee. I've had countless randoms give me PLD tips in DF (mind you I'm a 90-99% parsing PLD) that were so egregiously inaccurate I had to stop what I was doing and find out what the shit they're on about.

I haven't really played the game seriously until this xpac, but I haven't had a need to really install ACT yet. I haven't stepped into Savage content though (was Mythic raiding BFA until we killed Jaina), so I guess I just haven't really felt the need. Thinking of trying to push Savage in Shadowbringers though and I def will want meters for that. I really don't think anything short of Extreme Trials/Savage raids call for the use of meters since all the other content is basically designed to be cleared by any group.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    It's not that egregious though. You saw my post last time about Skalla and then the normal raid I went too. It happens all the time. I did a expert roulette as a 370 DRG yesterday, that I have NO IDEA how to play optimally. I just use AOE when I need too and I maintain my dot and dmg up buffs. I don't know how to manage LotD and I don't get 3 Nastronds hardly ever.

Yet there I was, top damage for the dungeon by a good 13%; against a team in full i400 gear despite being 30 ilvl lower and having no real expertise in the job. If I was in i400 gear and actually good at the job? I'd probably be ahead by a good 30%. I can't think of a SINGLE time in the last 2 expansions in WoW where I ever did 30% more damage than someone in party/raid (assuming no deaths).
    Maybe this is a case of ignorance being bliss, but I don't notice these things nearly as often as you seem to, which means by and large the experiences are "fine," so it's rare that a run has such abysmal performance that it affects my game play, or irritates me. I doubt I would have even noticed this discrepancy since I don't use ACT. And I don't think that's really a bad thing.

And to be fair, you're "no idea what I'm doing" is probably ahead of most people who play the class simply because of your mentality of how and why you play this game. You care about your performance, I'd almost say obsessively so (which isn't a bad thing, just setting the context). I care about my performance too, but not to the same degree, I'm happy knowing I'm proficient, I don't need to excel, but I do need to know I know my class; I read guides, use dummies to practice my rotation until I'm comfortable with it and don't ever sit on the GCD..I'm ALWAYS doing something. And I'd say that is above and beyond what most people do. Most people don't "care" about their performance, they just want to not be terrible, not suck, not hold the group down/ keep them from completing it.

So yes, that example may show that you tried harder and did more damage than others in the group but based on that I'd say the dungeon went relatively smoothly...just slower than you would have wanted. There's nothing "wrong" with that. But I see how it could be aggravating for people who strive to do their best and THAT is how they have fun. I have the same overall mentality, I just don't have ACT putting it in front of me all the time so I only ever see the REALLY egregious stuff that is obvious without a parser.

I bring this example up frequently because it directly refutes the commonly made point that "if you would complete anyway why does it matter". That bar is too low and shouldn't be ANY kind of standard. And while 100% true I didn't need it for the tank, imagine if a DPS was that bad? I wouldn't really be able to tell. People always say you can watch this and that and while true, I could just as easily just slow cast the right order of abilities and it would "look" like I knew what I was doing, but put an extra 2.5s between each GCD. You'd never know unless you were watching me like a hawk (letting your play degrade). Just that change alone would prob cost a good 15-20% of output over the course of an entire dungeon. Never tested it. Might do it.
    I'm sure you're right, that by me taking time to watch a player it affects my DPS/ performance. I don't know how readily available the parser meta data is (not just the numbers but the tally of x damge by y abilities, etc...), but I wouldn't think it's all that different, in regards to amount of time it takes to see what the problem is. You'll obviously get more data from the parser, but watching a player for ~10 seconds in the middle of a fight, gives you plenty of information, at least in regards to actions taken and rotational things. If I'm wrong, please correct me, but I'd wager it takes more than a couple seconds to see and parse the nitty gritty details in ACT rather than just glance at the numbers output.

If the run is already going slowly or badly, an extra 10-20 seconds to watch a player isn't going to break the run. Maybe that's acceptable to me because I'm not watching a meter with the intent to top it/ have a care at all where I fall on it. I care more about the run itself and how smoothly it goes, not necessarily about my personal performance.

Granted, it's exponentially easier to see this on casters than it is on melee because cast bars are easy to see and unless you know the melee job well you don't really know what the rotation is supposed to "look like," but seeing them do the same move multiple times, or only seeing one set of moves when you know they have 2+ combos, etc... isn't THAT difficult to see. You just see something "wrong" though, which is enough for me to know something is off. Having ACT would tell me exactly how bad they're doing because of it, but I don't need it to show me they're doing something wrong.

Correct. That's because it's very hard to offer advice with no mathematical data to back it up. Do you have ANY idea how many times I've had random people in DF offer me PLD tips that were flat out wrong? Like not even close to being accurate? Now imagine if there was a mathematical tool that showed him outperforming me and he offered me tips, I'd be INFINITELY more likely to take him seriously.
    With the kind of player you are, I find it hard to believe that with your experience and parses to date that you wouldn't take anything anyone says about the class you play with a HUGE grain of salt, even with data to back it up. Sure, with data, you wouldn't immediately disregard what they're saying but you'd still be pretty skeptical about it and would comb the hell out of the data trying to find what they're doing. You're more intellectually honest than most, in my experience, so I won't say you would review it to prove them "wrong" but checking for errors or aberrant stuff first is a pretty normal thing when looking at data that contradicts what you know/ your experience or just feels off.

Often times people performing above and beyond what is normal can be perceived as doing something "wrong" by those who play normally, because what the high performer is doing is so different than what normal people are used to. I'm fairly sure that's why people make comments towards you.

I offer advice occasionally. 3/5 times it's met with dead silence, 1/5 I get good feedback, and 1/5 I get a mouth-frothing monster hell bent on sabotaging me for the rest of the run. 1/5 isn't really a good enough reward for me time/effort. I'd rather grind for ARR atma odds and that shit made me quit. That's why I always say, if someone really wants to learn I'll spend hours teaching you what I know. I enjoy that. I don't enjoy trying to help people who aren't interested and the DF itself is VERY rarely the correct place to offer help as I don't want to waste the others time if they're not on board. That leaves 3 options. Complete and give them positive reinforcement that they're doing it right, Kick and explain what they did wrong and risk report/ban (shield lob guy), or kick with no explanation for the safest possible recourse.
    And I can't really argue with this, unfortunately. My experience is roughly the same. The only thing I'll comment on is that kicking with no explanation whatsoever doesn't necessarily provide negative reinforcement since the player doesn't know what they did or were doing wrong to get kicked...some players may not even realize they WERE kicked and attribute it to a glitch or something (some people are REALLY stupid). So, doing that isn't really doing anything to fix the problem, so to speak, it's just getting them out of your face for the time being. I think doing that has a similar effect as completing the dungeon with them...meaning there's no net change in their play style and you still complete the dungeon. The only way to fix the problem, if the problem you're seeing is their performance, is to let them know their performance needs improvement.

I've been using ACT since ARR. As I mentioned above I was very open about it in ARR. I'd regularly post results to people and even as justification for kicking someone. Even in HW I did this, less frequently albeit, but still a lot by request (i.e. anyone running ACT? Yeah I got you man, links report). I don't do it as much in SB due to how people act now. I just remove problems and try to offer insight where I can.
    Fair enough, I understand. It sucks that it's so frowned upon and heavily policed. But as I said, you don't need meters to notice terrible players or bad performance. But if the overall goal is to notice those things and do something about it (try to fix it, or kick them), you can do that without ACT.

The problem isn't that it's just 10 more minutes, it's that something that should theoretically take 11-12 minutes (wall to wall, pushing AOE buttons with good players) took 22 minutes. Nearly double the time and that's with average players. Now imagine if you had bad DPS? It suddenly jumps to 26 minutes. Imagine if you had a 0 DPS healer. Now it's 31 minutes, nearly triple the time. This happens. I'm a finance guy, so I see things in % changes. Sure 10 or 20 minutes as an absolute value isn't the end of the world, but a 200-300% increase in duty length?
    I get the mentality. Wanting to be efficient makes sense, but in a game like this where you are sure to have these experiences, I just think people are doing it to themselves when they get upset about runs taking longer than average. If you know a run can take 10-30 minutes depending on how good your group is and are then upset when it takes 25 minutes...that's on you, IMO. It's like project management when a task can take between 1-3 weeks, depending on whether everything goes perfectly or everything goes badly or even normally and then you end up "late" because you only gave the task 1 week.

Since you are against harassment and pro ACT, we're on the same page. What I drew a disagreement with was the notion that we can on average offer advice meaningfully. I know that it happens successfully and I know that it happens unsuccessfully. I suspect, albeit anecdotally, that on average without mathematical evidence (i.e. ACT) people are significantly less likely to be willing to accept advice. That also assumes that advice given is relevant and accurate, which again anecdotally, I've learned is far from a guarantee. I've had countless randoms give me PLD tips in DF (mind you I'm a 90-99% parsing PLD) that were so egregiously inaccurate I had to stop what I was doing and find out what the shit they're on about.
    Just to clarify my stance in the context of this discussion, in regards to ACT, I'm not anti ACT. I'm not Pro ACT either not directly anyway. I'm just against the idea that the data from it alone be used to make decisions on who to kick from regular content (high end content, it makes complete sense to do that). I'm for using it as a tool to help you and your group improve. Difference in playstyle, while a valid reason to kick someone, is more than just being disappointed in their damage output, IMO. It's about the reason their numbers are low. But I understand it's very difficult to understand that without delving deeper and having a conversation about it that could end up with you on the receiving end of a report. Which is stupid. So I'll begrudgingly accept that simply kicking them is likely the safest option for you, but still don't think that's really solving anything in the long run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Content should hit hard enough for that to be necessary when the tank pulls big.
    I'd agree that damage should not be that intense on a single group (and it isn't in Bardams) b/c that would indeed get rather tiresome.

Compared to ex dungeons, mobs hit like trucks in level dungeons and I consider that a good thing. Trash in ex dungeons is way too easy. To the point that it might not even be there. They need dangerous abilities you have to counter, mandate CC do damage spikes that make a healers (and tanks) heart jump...

if only. ._.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fappy View Post
    I really don't think anything short of Extreme Trials/Savage raids call for the use of meters since all the other content is basically designed to be cleared by any group.
    Yup, the only need is if you want to see your own performance expressed in numbers. The content absolutely does not demand such precision.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2019-06-07 at 05:57 PM.

Content should hit hard enough for that to be necessary when the tank pulls big.
    I'd agree that damage should not be that intense on a single group (and it isn't in Bardams) b/c that would indeed get rather tiresome.

Compared to ex dungeons, mobs hit like trucks in level dungeons and I consider that a good thing. Trash in ex dungeons is way too easy. To the point that it might not even be there. They need dangerous abilities you have to counter, mandate CC do damage spikes that make a healers (and tanks) heart jump...

if only. ._.
    I think the comment was more targeting how boring hitting one button is vs how much healing is required because spamming the single target moderate mana efficient spell is the most effective method of keeping the tank alive. I don't think anyone would complain that a healer is required to actually heal when necessary, the complaint I usually see is when the most effective method, or only viable method in some circumstances, of healing is by spamming a single button where it's just not fun.

I don't ever really try to conserve mana in dungeons or trials when I heal, I just don't think about it. So I throw out HoT's (WHM and AST exclusive...I don't play scholar and only use Diurnal Sect) all the time, even the AoE version of it just to have HoT's ticking on everyone to make it so I'm casting something relatively frequently, or just DPS'ing, which is made easier to do when you have multiple HoT's ticking away.

I'm not sure if that's even an accurate description of healing in the higher end content (I highly doubt that it is, given the fact healers do actually have a pretty good sized kit), but in dungeons, MSQ trials and alliance raids I do know you can absolutely get by just spamming cure on the tank, and everybody else too if they're not getting hit by crap they shouldn't, to keep them alive and that sometimes that's really all you have time for because the instant cast spells won't heal for enough in the time frame to let them survive another GCD before casting another, especially when the tank pulls big.

Finally got my bard to 70 today, i really like how it looks coming up this expac. Now i just need to finish my WHM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    Finally got my bard to 70 today, i really like how it looks coming up this expac. Now i just need to finish my WHM.
    As a whole I'm liking the way the physical ranged are shaping up, looking forward to all 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of dps, is there any way to sim my character or tell how much dps I should be doing?

For context, I'm a 370 BRD and I did 5k on Omega: Deltascape training dummy.
    Last edited by Poppincaps; 2019-06-08 at 02:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I'm not sure if that's even an accurate description of healing in the higher end content (I highly doubt that it is, given the fact healers do actually have a pretty good sized kit)
    It is not. Oftentimes savage is about using the right tool for the right job, making sure everything instant is ready for critical situations when you have to move and heal, use heal+ CDs when applicable, coordinate CDs and instant heals / heal targets with your co healer.

Yeah there is definitely a bit more thought involved in higher end content compared to a dungeon, which is why I would like dungeons to be more strategic in general and not just "gather everything up till the next wall and AoE it down.

Yes often cure2 spam + 2x holy stun (first w instant cast) + heal+ CDs is all you can do to keep your tank alive if he pulls big and doesn't have the gear for it. While it can give you an adrenaline rush, I agree that it isn't a cerebral challenge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Speaking of dps, is there any way to sim my character or tell how much dps I should be doing?

Not that I know of.
    What you could do is go to FFlogs and grab a few highend raiders to get an idea. It is more difficult to do compared to WoW though because contrary to Warcraftlogs, FFlogs does not account for a players item level. >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    and you are wrong, but you keep living in pretend world where we will get banned. we wont. lmfao you will never know i use it against someone, you will just be kicked from the group without a word.
    Of course you will, people get banned for that shit every single day. You obviously don't know what you're talking about though, in the end, it's your WoW mentality that speaks for you here. People kick you for no reason and you can simply report them for abusing the system. They'll investigate, see that you use 3rd party software and ban you.

Get real. It's actually real fucking easy for them to see who is using one and who isn't. People get banned for abusing it all the time.

Say I wasn't performing well in a dungeon, people decide to kick me but without any prior warning, I'd simply report the others from the group.
    They investigate every single report so obviously they would see who's abusing the parser or not. Those are the facts.

- - - Updated - - -

WoW-born MMORPG mentality? You must not have been playing EverQuest when the server elitists would shit on people that sucked and also intentionally get them killed in various zones to hit them with EXP penalties, guilds stealing each others kill midfight by training a group of enemies on them to wipe them and engaging the boss.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not sure I could eyeroll harder at that but I'll try.

You can report all the people you like, people get removed for all sorts of reasons, bad dps being one of them. Even if they looked into your report they wouldn't know why that person was removed. Maybe they afked too much, maybe they did X thing. Who knows? Who cares. It happens. Just because someone stops playing FF does not mean you got them banned.
    Wrong. Just as with WoW, the GMs can see just what sort of program you use to inject into FFXIV, be it botting, proper addons using their API or even tmorph.
    People do get banned for it, and those are the facts. Anyone saying otherwise is obviously factually wrong.

It's not about trying to defend the lazy players, it's about making it clear that you can get banned for abusing a parser, and it's real fucking easy to see who's doing it.
    If they afked, that's the sort of behavior they can track.

ACT doesn't inject anything into the FFXIV client. It just reads the network data for the parse. The devs have openly said they can't tell unless you openly admit it and will only do something if you use the data to be a douchebag.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2019-06-09 at 12:35 AM.

Of course you will, people get banned for that shit every single day. You obviously don't know what you're talking about though, in the end, it's your WoW mentality that speaks for you here. People kick you for no reason and you can simply report them for abusing the system. They'll investigate, see that you use 3rd party software and ban you.

Get real. It's actually real fucking easy for them to see who is using one and who isn't. People get banned for abusing it all the time.

Say I wasn't performing well in a dungeon, people decide to kick me but without any prior warning, I'd simply report the others from the group.
    They investigate every single report so obviously they would see who's abusing the parser or not. Those are the facts.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong. Just as with WoW, the GMs can see just what sort of program you use to inject into FFXIV, be it botting, proper addons using their API or even tmorph.
    People do get banned for it, and those are the facts. Anyone saying otherwise is obviously factually wrong.

It's not about trying to defend the lazy players, it's about making it clear that you can get banned for abusing a parser, and it's real fucking easy to see who's doing it.
    the devs cant tell if you parse unless you link it or talk about it. you dont even know how ACT works ffs lmfao. keep living in pretend land care bear and ill keep kicking shitters without even the tiniest of worries.
    Last edited by The Oblivion; 2019-06-09 at 12:59 AM.

Wrong. Just as with WoW, the GMs can see just what sort of program you use to inject into FFXIV, be it botting, proper addons using their API or even tmorph. People do get banned for it, and those are the facts. Anyone saying otherwise is obviously factually wrong.

You are REALLY not the one that should be tossing around the term 'factually wrong'. If this parser was an auto ban you'd see huge ban waves and very pissed off people. You need to show us these 'facts' of people being banned for just having it installed. We'll wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fact is: SE cannot see whether you use ACT or not. They cannot access your client hardware in any way.
    Just like Blizzard could never see my altered Draenei textures (The muted color of the jewelry on the dark skin tone annoyed me, so I fixed that ).

What they could see is you mentioning the "crap DPS" term in chat but crap DPS can be seen w/o parser. Observing what you do is enough to see whether you are doing your base rotation right and trying your best or whether you are cpt-shield lob level of incompetent.

They will NOT ban you for kicking such a person.

They will ban you if you state sth like "yo, why the F do you do 1K DPS you moron?!".
    People that use ACT know that the first rule of the ACT club is to not talk about the ACT club with the uninitiated.

That's why we do not get banned for it.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2019-06-09 at 08:22 AM.

you can check each fight and see what the orange DPS is (95-99%) and consider that the upper limit.

Ofcourse doing orange require the perfect setup for your class (raid comp/buffs) and near BiS gear.
    However, as long as you purple (+75%) you are golden (imho).

Hell even blue (+50%) is good enough for farm content especially if you still need an upgrade here and there.

I have been playing on and off since ARR release and have been clearing one or two savage wings each expac with pugs.

Again, this is just my experience of the past few years in the game.

ALSO

Since the expac is less than a month away your might wanna skip on class guides/rotation.
    Every class is getting a minor/major change soon.
    Just get your favorite classes to 70 and sit tight
    Last edited by Kisuke42; 2019-06-09 at 10:07 AM.