10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I won't bother with farming Collectibles for the tomes. I'll just sacrifice a round or 2 of the deliveries and be done with it.
    Saves me a bunch of RL time.

Eden was fun fight-wise, but I can see how some of them would be REALLY difficult on normal for a roulette group vs being with a group on voice chat. At least for the time being while learning what's going on.

Not a huge fan of the remixed songs on the last 2.

Kinda disappointed they still aren't bringing in the Four Elemental Fiends from Final Fantasy IV, though. I'd prefer to have seen them showing up in relation to the elements.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Just cleared Eden normal.

Awesome bosses, pretty intense healing for normal mode. I definitely like it and the story around it.
    Also digging the FF-VIII inspired theme of the first 2 while not a fan of the latter two tracks.

Hope we get an explanation where the technology of Eden comes from.

- - - Updated - - -

Well to be frank: I blame the group frame buffs not showing timers.
    It's pretty damn awkward having to target a player to see when the big boom is going to well.. go boom. No biggie for me, as I am a healer but being DPS suddenly having to target players just to see the timer of the bosses mechanic?

Painfully obvious that the UI was not designed with these kind of mechanics in mind.
    My guess is people will start getting used to using countdown and macro an announcement.

Welp, i can tell the people who started en masse with Shadowbringers are reaching the end of the 4.0 story, every trial i get is Shinryu and i've not seen him in like a year or more

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    Are you saying it's too hard?
    I'm saying the boss mechanics were aggravating to figure out.

Most of the mechanics are things we've seen already. The only "new" one is the time mechanic on E2 but there's a freaking clock counting down and the ability never went off. Put the two together, you have 8 seconds.

Titan is the only one I can see as frustrating as fucking up on that will probably get you killed. It also does mess with your memories of what certain mechanics did.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Most of the mechanics are things we've seen already. The only "new" one is the time mechanic on E2 but there's a freaking clock counting down and the ability never went off. Put the two together, you have 8 seconds.

Titan is the only one I can see as frustrating as fucking up on that will probably get you killed. It also does mess with your memories of what certain mechanics did.
    I found E4 super easy, it's literally just watching what's going on. E3 was a bit more annoying because it didn't signal at all which part of the platform it was destroying that I saw and you couldn't figure that out without dying once or getting lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I found E4 super easy, it's literally just watching what's going on. E3 was a bit more annoying because it didn't signal at all which part of the platform it was destroying that I saw and you couldn't figure that out without dying once or getting lucky.
    E3 is easy. Two outer orbs appear when outer areas are about to be destroyed. Sure you might not think it'll be destroyed but it clearly looks like a side beam attack. Center is similar but two orbs appear in the center instead.

E3 is easy. Two outer orbs appear when outer areas are about to be destroyed. Sure you might not think it'll be destroyed but it clearly looks like a side beam attack. Center is similar but two orbs appear in the center instead.
    Orbs? Never saw any orbs and I did it on two different occasions (to run people through), the second time I just new the patter, middle->outside

Orbs? Never saw any orbs and I did it on two different occasions (to run people through), the second time I just new the patter, middle->outside
    He has like these two orby thingies in his mouth like hes charging a beam attack.

https://youtu.be/qTP7o9DhAw0?t=70 I time stamped it.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I'm saying the boss mechanics were aggravating to figure out.
    First week, so understandable. Especially difficult if you're going via roulette, I imagine.

For the most part, all the attacks are time delayed. That's pretty much the whole gimmick and nothing more tricky than nailing that down.

Example:
    1 person gets targeted with the stack mechanic, then it gets applied to them. The stack mechanic will go off in 15 seconds.
    5 people are targeted with Fire III AoE, then it gets applied to them. The Fire III AoE attack will go off on these people in 20 seconds.

Everyone needs to stack, there's a countdown above the person's head and the clock will show the 4, 3, 2, 1 with dots in the center of the clock. As soon as it goes off, the people with Fire III have 5 seconds to spread out from the group and the spell will hit them.

It's definitely easier with voice chat to let everyone know your count down left, but I expect people will learn to use the countdown announcement. If you have fire, just watching your debuff and knowing when it will go off to get away from everyone after the stack is a big help.

Other than that, it's stand out of stuff, stand in stuff, and get to the side the hand is going to push everyone for what I noticed as big hits.

- - - Updated - - -

He has like these two orby thingies in his mouth like hes charging a beam attack.

https://youtu.be/qTP7o9DhAw0?t=70 I time stamped it.
    Continuing with the tradition started in Stormblood where you have to often watch the boss and their animations or spells rather than having ground indicators.

However, no comment of "when he's CHARGIN' HIS LAZEEERS!" there?
    Last edited by Faroth; 2019-07-19 at 05:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    E3 has the boss itself signal physically also what parts of the platform are disappearing just watch its head.

As Aruhen linked, he does have orbs in his mouth, but equally can watch his heads. If they're together, center destroyed. If they're split, outsides get destroyed.

Edit: @Dugna beat me to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I had my first ICE MAGE guys!

I think we had Tam Tara. He was a sprout (level 40). He just kept casting blizzard over and over. I asked him about it, no response. Then another player asked, and was like clearly he's an ice mage. I gave another 2 attempts at talking to them, kindly I might add. Then I kicked them.

I felt bad because he was a sprout, but if you can't communicate...I shouldn't have to feel that bad.
    Well, at least you all asked him about it instead of..............giving him the cold shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    E3 has the boss itself signal physically also what parts of the platform are disappearing just watch its head.
    With a boss that large I weep for the people with small screens. My wife's old 13in laptop would make this boss a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    However, no comment of "when he's CHARGIN' HIS LAZEEERS!" there?
    I was tempted... but I decided not to go for the extreme freebie.

So the AST card changes seem even more 'for dumbdumbs' than i thought. It looked like you needed to at least rock paper scissors it till you have a sun, moon and star to active the party wide bloodlust analogue spell. You don't actually appear to need to do more than get any three. So just spam 3 cards and you get a more significant damage boost than any of the cards which all seem meaningless. On the plus side im using more spells than just aspected helios inbetween malefic/gravtiy spamming to keep people topped off but Nocturnal Sect seems way shittier and on the whole it feels like the class now just has a 'oh shit' heal up phase inbetween dps spamming and Lightspeed is the most important thing in the toolset. Its not the end of the world but this has been the only mmo healer i've ever liked and i don't really like it anymore.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    >When you find Alisaie to be a cutie but then there is a scene with her standing next to her Alphinaud.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Well, at least you all asked him about it instead of..............giving him the cold shoulder.
    LOL. Had me chuckle. But it was a real in the flesh ice mage. I always thought they weren't real, that people made it up, but boy was I wrong.

Also sidebar, was helping a few friends get their Titania weapons and convinced the dancer to partner me. Boosted me straight to a 99, but FFlogs downgraded it to a 96 because we accidentally popped an add, so it excluded the damage done to the add (sad face).

Was about a 600 DPS gain on a tank. I was doing about 6.6k on my own at an 85th, but 7.2k with the dancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    LOL. Had me chuckle. But it was a real in the flesh ice mage. I always thought they weren't real, that people made it up, but boy was I wrong.

Also sidebar, was helping a few friends get their Titania weapons and convinced the dancer to partner me. Boosted me straight to a 99, but FFlogs downgraded it to a 96 because we accidentally popped an add, so it excluded the damage done to the add (sad face).

Was about a 600 DPS gain on a tank. I was doing about 6.6k on my own at an 85th, but 7.2k with the dancer.
    Probably not as rare as the elusive Thunder Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Thanks for the breakdown. I probably won't be job hopping much anyway since from what I remember you get better experience gains if your main job is a lot higher than the alternate job.
    Was more so you knew when you could get each job, in case you had one you really wanted to play. It's not super clear.

Also, Astrologian, Machinist and Dark Knight start at level 30 once you unlock them. Only set of jobs that really takes time to get back into the swing of things. Rogue starts at level 1, but going from 1-10 is super quick anyway, so not a big deal if that's what you want to do.

Samurai and Red Mage start at level 50, but require level 50 to unlock so switching to them if/when you unlock them would lose you any time really.

Dancer and Gunbreaker start at 60, and require level 60 to unlock, so switching at that point won't lose any time either.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Was more so you knew when you could get each job, in case you had one you really wanted to play. It's not super clear.

Also, Astrologian, Machinist and Dark Knight start at level 30 once you unlock them. Only set of jobs that really takes time to get back into the swing of things. Rogue starts at level 1, but going from 1-10 is super quick anyway, so not a big deal if that's what you want to do.

Samurai and Red Mage start at level 50, but require level 50 to unlock so switching to them if/when you unlock them would lose you any time really.

Dancer and Gunbreaker start at 60, and require level 60 to unlock, so switching at that point won't lose any time either.
    I have no problem with the leveling or unlocking requirements. It's just that I don't have a clear idea what each job's playstyle is like. Can these jobs be compared easily to any WoW's classes. Or are the mechanics unique and just have to be experienced to get a handle on whether they are "fun and engaging" or not.