The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    God...the shallowness of your understanding of politics knows no depths. Because it couldn't be that two top Democratic contenders are working together to find commonality that fits both of their supporter groups, right? Or did you forget that politics is about compromise?
    I mean, what'd you expect? The so-called "progressive" movement had four years to make in roads with the rest of the Democratic Party, and they just didn't put the work in. Instead, they carefully crafted an outsider ecosystem built on online activism and a handful of news aggregators and opinion writers. All well and good if you have the numbers to win, but they didn't. So, when it came time to run again the Sanders campaign was filled to the brim with bomb throwers and outsiders who didn't play well with others. The result is they've managed to turn off leftists who have further concerns beyond their economic policies. Sanders' plans are all well and good, but they never actually address, for instance, my concerns, but mainline Democrats do.

It was a pretty easy primary vote for me in the end. I'm not interested in smashing the Democratic Party. It's the only vehicle that's shown any effectiveness in dealing with my concerns.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    I mean, what'd you expect? The so-called "progressive" movement had four years to make in roads with the rest of the Democratic Party, and they just didn't put the work in. Instead, they carefully crafted an outsider ecosystem built on online activism and a handful of news aggregators and opinion writers. All well and good if you have the numbers to win, but they didn't. So, when it came time to run again the Sanders campaign was filled to the brim with bomb throwers and outsiders who didn't play well with others. The result is they've managed to turn off leftists who have further concerns beyond their economic policies. Sanders' plans are all well and good, but they never actually address, for instance, my concerns, but mainline Democrats do.

It was a pretty easy primary vote for me in the end. I'm not interested in smashing the Democratic Party. It's the only vehicle that's shown any effectiveness in dealing with my concerns.
    Agreed. Warren happened to be my first choice - but I'm not sure she falls into that same category as Sanders regarding the "outsider" phenomena. Sanders was never a choice for me, except as a last resort. I always thought Biden was very good and boring choice - something that is perfect for this environment of media hell.

Your analysis of the Sander's supporters, at least the more vocal ones, is spot on in my opinion. People might like the idea of burning down the establishment, but if we just did that to the Democratic Party then the GOP would own this country for the next 20+ years. It would be Gilead.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Sanders could also have stayed out of the race and backed Warren, but that option never even crossed the minds of Bernie Bros for...
    I was actually more interested in Warren/Sanders initially. Its astonishing how you think you know me and always get it wrong. Either configuration of such a ticket could have been WAY more interesting than the weak tea everyone seems to think we should now just put our heads down and accept. You seem to have some problem with me because I think for myself and am fairly hardheaded too. But you don't get me at all. I suspect you never will.

For example, what do you suppose I bothered myself to watch today? Rebecca Watson, Skepchick. Do I hang on her every word? No. But I find her videos amusing from time to time. I generally agree with her opinions overall. I actually agree with you and Endus significantly. Maybe you two are the actual Karens because I won't just kowtow to whatever you deem correct for my station in life.

The point of significance disagreement seems to be how to get from where we are to where we want to be. Incrementalism is not the way and never has been. I actually think the U.S. is simply done and over with. But sure, its hundreds of millions of people that are worth hollowing out every few years so they'll keep doing that as long as they can force us to consume at ever higher levels on credit.

But the young should get the hell out of here and go somewhere better. Older folks like myself need to plan a retirement elsewhere. Shit is not turning around, it is simply getting ever worse. And other places aren't still trying to achieve foundational stuff, it's all already in place like 70-100 years ago if we consider Canada or U.K.

Be clear, a Biden presidency is not only not a step forward in any way, it's truly stepping back 25-30 years.
    Last edited by Louisa Bannon; 2020-05-28 at 11:36 PM.

Wait a Biden presidency brings us back to the best decade ever imo, the 90's? sold.

So how far back does another Trump term bring us?

CCM has withdrawn her name for VP consideration -
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...eration-287923

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Wait a Biden presidency brings us back to the best decade ever imo, the 90's? sold.
    I guess the difference between you and I must be that I despise what the Clintons did to the Dem party whereas I must assume you celebrate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    I guess the difference between you and I must be that I despise what the Clintons did to the Dem party whereas I must assume you celebrate it.
    Nah the difference between us, is I'm smart enough to realize we're gonna get Biden or Trump. I'm not happy that's the choices, but that's reality. I'd rather it be the former than the latter any day. And I've yet to see a compelling argument why it should be the latter. You are content with another 4 years of Trump? Great, I'm not.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2020-05-29 at 01:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No scofflaws or malarkey here, no sir. Just jelly sandals and NSYNC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Nah the difference between us, is I'm smart enough to realize we're gonna get Biden or Trump. I'm not happy that's the choices, but that's reality. I'd rather it be the former than the latter any day. And I've yet to see a compelling argument why it should be the latter. You are content with another 4 years of Trump? Great, I'm not.
    Biden or Trump only get elected because cunts vote for them. You are one of the cunts voting for them. No one is forcing you. You are making that happen. It doesn't matter shit whether you love Biden or do so reluctantly, you are making that happen. No one is holding a gun to your head you are not important. If no one votes for Trump or Biden neither will be elected, it is pathetic, weak-willed cunts like you that vote for evil men that allow evil men to be elected.
    Last edited by Frandrust; 2020-05-29 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frandrust View Post
    Biden or Trump only get elected because cunts vote for them. You are one of the cunts voting for them. No one is forcing you. You are making that happen. It doesn't matter shit whether you love Biden or do so reluctantly, you are making that happen. If no one votes for Trump or Biden neither will be elected, it is pathetic, weak-willed cunts like you that vote for evil men that allow evil men to be elected.
    Yeah, all it takes is getting 65 million people to all agree to vote for someone else, and for the same someone else. It's so simple!

It's the only vehicle that's shown any effectiveness in dealing with my concerns.
    Given Biden's history of segregationist support, homophobia, obeyance to wall st, warmongering etc maybe the american nazi party or some similar vehicle would be more appropriate for your concerns.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Yeah, all it takes is getting 65 million people to all agree to vote for someone else, and for the same someone else. It's so simple!
    God every four years this happens and you retards lap it up every time with the same faulty logic. Did you never think why Trump got elected in the first place, idiot? Are you so fucking stupid you don't think this situation has happened before? People like YOU are the problem, can't see past their fucking nose.

Hey, why not mention the supreme court so you can be a fully paid up member of the brainwashed CNN club? That way you might avoid the brain damage you'd get from trying to come up with an original thought.

(.....Posts another emotionally potent over-simplification and/or retarded tweet heavily plagiarized from television)
    Last edited by Frandrust; 2020-05-29 at 01:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    Don’t forget that you are also removing your self from the electorate as a result. You won’t vote Democrat or Republican, so they have no reason to appeal to you. All of the improvements you want, don’t show up on their metrics. Why should either appeal to you, instead of those choosing between two parties?

- - - Updated - - -

An honest person can weigh the negatives and the positives of Biden’s 40 years and Trump’s 4. The answer is obvious...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frandrust View Post
    Given Biden's history of segregationist support, homophobia, obeyance to wall st, warmongering etc maybe the american nazi party or some similar vehicle would be more appropriate for your concerns.
    Hm, so it wasn't Hilary Clinton who allows trans folks to change their passport gender while working at State? I mean, I know you probably don't know this, but the trans chick who ran comms for the Human Rights Campaign is from Delaware. After working for CAP (another regular target of "progressives") she pursued adding gender identity to Delaware's anti-discrimination law. One of people who helped her out was the AG -- some guy named Beau Biden. Oh, and look who wrote the forward for her autobiography.

But, seriously, you're so out-of-touch you're amusing.

Can we start a pool on what this guy's next name will be or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    So, we're gonna rename this this "Whiny Democrats continue to shit on progressives" now right? I mean jesus from the way most of you post you'd think Bernie were the one in office.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    So, we're gonna rename this this "Whiny Democrats continue to shit on progressives" now right? I mean jesus from the way most of you post you'd think Bernie were the one in office.
    Is this before or after I was called a rape apologist and just, now, told I should join the Nazi Party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm... do you think Biden is in office?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this before or after I was called a rape apologist and just, now, told I should join the Nazi Party?
    I dunno, what the fuck does that have to with Bernie, his supporters or progressives in general?

Some random asshole on the internet insulted you and so you think all of the above are fair game?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Uhm... do you think Biden is in office?
    What does this comment have to do with fucking anything?

Ya'll spend more time crapping on Bernie and arguing with trolls than almost anything else.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking... ‘you’d think Bernie was President’... it’s as if the entire point isn’t voting Biden to stop Trump... its as if pointing out that not voting Biden, helps Trump, ignores who the president actually is... wtf? Do they even listen?

- - - Updated - - -

What does this comment have to do with fucking anything?

Ya'll spend more time crapping on Bernie and arguing with trolls than almost anything else.
    No, I am crapping on people who look at President Trump, to think sitting it out or voting third party is a solution. The fact that these people act like Bernie supporters, isn’t my problem. Bernie already said he supports Biden... Bernie, isn’t the issue...

5+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, what the fuck does that have to with Bernie, his supporters or progressives in general?

Some random asshole on the internet insulted you and so you think all of the above are fair game?
    Couldn't this exact same criticism be applied to your initial post here?

That aside, frankly, progressives deserve the criticism. They lost, and if you can't sit down and objectively figure out why you're going to keep losing.