The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    I dont know if this goes here or in the Trump Shitshow thread:

"Former Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale, armed, barricades self in Fort Lauderdale home, police called"
    FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. – Former campaign manager for Donald Trump, Brad Parscale, who was replaced by the President less than four month until November’s vote was reportedly armed with a gun and threatening to harm himself at his Fort Lauderdale home on Sunday afternoon.

Police have not confirmed that Parscale worked for Trump, but records confirm that the property in the 2300 block of Desota Drive in Fort Lauderdale is owned by Parscale, 44, and his wife, Candice. Local 10 spoke to neighbors in the Seven Isles neighborhood who also said it was the former advisor to the President.
    https://www.local10.com/news/local/2...ium%3Dsharebar
    What. The. Fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Cocaine is one hell of a drug.

Either that or this really was the best thing they could think of to try and deflect from Trump's tax returns.
    That or he found out he's about to be indicted. I have no information if he was or not. But he made a Fuck Ton of money as Trump's campaign manager.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    What. The. Fuck.

That or he found out he's about to be indicted.
    Possibly. This happening so soon after the NYT story dropped can easily be explained as a psychotic break due to stress or what have you.

Or cocaine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    What. The. Fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

That or he found out he's about to be indicted. I have no information if he was or not. But he made a Fuck Ton of money as Trump's campaign manager.
    It's astounding how many of Trump's inner circle are complete and total shit stains... and his supporters still don't see the correlation.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    If he does, and the Dems win the Senate and keep the House. They better go full nuclear and fuck the GOP sungard they will never be able to recover. By that, stack the courts, public buy in option for Medicare, eliminate the refunding for postal retirees and give them control over their pricing and services, nuke the filibuster, pass Schiffs corruption bull and the 400 common sense Bill's passed by the house, reverse all Trumps EOs, remove the income cap for SS soneveryone pays on ever cent, raise capital gains taxes to match income tax brackets tax the shit of the uber rich, $15 federal min wage, and raise the marginal tax rate to 75%+. If they control all three thus can all be done in the first year.
    This would all be great, and if they can get it done in the first year the better. Second year they can start with scaling back the powers of the presidency(which I doubt will happen) to limit a potential of another Trump. And they imo only have 2 years to get all this done, because in 2022, the senate is back in play and it could go back towards the republicans since way more dem's will be up for re-election, than this go around. And statistically it never optimistic outlook when one party holds both sides of congress and president to retain that majority.

If he does, and the Dems win the Senate and keep the House. They better go full nuclear and fuck the GOP sungard they will never be able to recover. By that, stack the courts, public buy in option for Medicare, eliminate the refunding for postal retirees and give them control over their pricing and services, nuke the filibuster, pass Schiffs corruption bull and the 400 common sense Bill's passed by the house, reverse all Trumps EOs, remove the income cap for SS soneveryone pays on ever cent, raise capital gains taxes to match income tax brackets tax the shit of the uber rich, $15 federal min wage, and raise the marginal tax rate to 75%+. If they control all three thus can all be done in the first year.
    If the best happens and Biden wins and the Dems take the Senate there are three things they need to do ASAP when Biden takes over in January:

1) Expand the SCOTUS. They're going to need a more favorable SCOTUS for the next two parts to deal with the inevitable challenges, which means putting a couple Justices in who actually aren't beholden to the GOP.
    2) Eliminate gerrymandering. This will also mean redrawing some ridiculous Democrat districts but by FAR the worst of the gerrymandering was done by the GOP to keep them in power.
    3) Either eliminate the EC entirely (my choice, it is outdated and as is evidenced by the 2016 it no longer protects the US from electing an absolute tool) or if that's out of reach, reevaluate how many Representatives (and therefore how many EC votes since it's based on Representatives) each state gets and update them to more properly reflect the population. This SHOULD be updated by the 2020 Census in any case, but the Trump admin has fucked the Census so it's going to be up to the Dems to do it for them.

With those three things done the chance that the GOP get back into total control will be diminished and then maybe more important things like healthcare, the environment, income inequality and such can be tackled without the fear it'll just all be IMMEDIATELY rolled back by the next shit-for-brains GOP administration.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Car plows through crowd of Trump supporters...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...upporters.html
    they deserved it, they were an angry mob threatening the lives of those in the car, they broke the cars rear window in when they were beating on it. This is no different from when BLM illegally detains and intimidates drivers. If you want to protest in the streat fine, but if you get run over for your actions then that's on you. we have historical evidence of what happens when mobs pull folks from vehicles and it ain't pretty. Doesnt matte rif you are a trump supporter or Antifa or BLM. Mob justice is not to be trusted.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Cocaine is one hell of a drug.

Either that or this really was the best thing they could think of to try and deflect from Trump's tax returns.
    Guess when he got removed as campaign manager, he had a lot of debts he couldn't pay off, even with the millions he took from the campaign coffers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    they deserved it, they were an angry mob threatening the lives of those in the car, they broke the cars rear window in when they were beating on it. This is no different from when BLM illegally detains and intimidates drivers. If you want to protest in the streat fine, but if you get run over for your actions then that's on you. we have historical evidence of what happens when mobs pull folks from vehicles and it ain't pretty. Doesnt matte rif you are a trump supporter or Antifa or BLM. Mob justice is not to be trusted.
    Jesus christ, what is wrong with you? NO ONE should be thinking like this. Including a Trump supporter running over counter protesters like the terrorist James Fields, or this dumbass that did it.

Code:
    Federal income taxes paid in 2017 (jointly with spouse):

Joe Biden - $3,742,974
    Kamala Harris - $516,469
    Bernie Sanders - $343,882
    Elizabeth Warren - $268,484
    Donald Trump - $750

This should be printed on boards near highways.
    Stormy Daniels got more money than the government from Trump in the last 15? or so years.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Jesus christ, what is wrong with you? NO ONE should be thinking like this. Including a Trump supporter running over counter protesters like the terrorist James Fields, or this dumbass that did it.
    have you seen what happened to folks in the LA riots? wtf is wrong with you. I apsolute support any driver running through mobs beating on their vehicle, it only ends in one way for those with in if they kowtow to the justice these mobs give.

James field was not fleeing an aggressive mob, he choose to run into protestors before the mob formed. Very different.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    have you seen what happened to folks in the LA riots? wtf is wrong with you. I apsolute support any driver running through mobs beating on their vehicle, it only ends in one way for those with in if they kowtow to the justice these mobs give.

James field was not fleeing an aggressive mob, he choose to run into protestors before the mob formed. Very different.
    Jesus christ, get some fucking help.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Jesus christ, get some fucking help.
    For what? Humans are the most dangerous animal on this planet, and when they form mobs, there is no reasoning with them.

This Twitter thread from an ex-Trump supporter is a pretty good read--I encourage any current literate Trump supporters to give it some attention.

https://twitter.com/davidmweissman/s...078980610?s=20

10+ Year Old Account
    they had that kind of power in 2008 and they accomplished ABSOLUTELY NOTHING aside from passing a bill that was already proposed by the gop over a decade before that.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    they had that kind of power in 2008 and they accomplished ABSOLUTELY NOTHING aside from passing a bill that was already proposed by the gop over a decade before that.
    I guess nothing has changed in the past 12 years....

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    I find it to be more binary and especially with a party that welcomes in Lincoln Project Republicans doesn't need to seen as slightly better.

I did however admit one side messaging is better or in your haste to reply did you not see that?
    What do you mean welcomes? The Lincoln Project doesn't permission from the left.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I have no clue how to find this sort of info, but I wonder if and if so how much gerrymandering is going on in KY for McConnell. I just don't understand how he has stayed in office for my entire life when (raised in KY) all I have ever heard from any adult while growing up is how much McConnell sucks and how much they hate him for this or that. And it's not like I didn't grow up in very conservative community bc I very much did (hell it was illegal to sell alcohol in my county), but the hate for McConnell was always something most people agreed on back home.

I know tribalism is much more extreme these days and McConnell is part of team Trump (most my family/friends back home are pro Trump yes), but I just don't get how he stays in office if most of his own state even hates him and always (seemingly) has.
    Gerrymandering doesn't work on state wide contests such as governor or senate. Voter suppression tactics are more viable then.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Gerrymandering doesn't work on state wide contests such as governor or senate. Voter suppression tactics are more viable then.
    It's Kentucky. They'd vote for basically anyone with a R slapped by their name.

Republican states, especially ones with a large faction of extremist christian elements, are also the worst ones to live in by nearly every metric available. Really this is just the southeast. Some of the worst for poverty, health, education, etc... just about everything.

If it's one thing that all of these state "laboratories" have proven it's that right wing politics mixed with supply side Jesus is a great way to make people's lives shittier.

And yet they keep voting republican. I can only imagine it's because they are already conditioned by their brand of religion to blindly follow and not ask tough questions. Having grown up around them, this makes the most sense. It kind of explains why someone like McConnell can keep office.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Republican states, especially ones with a large faction of extremist christian elements, are also the worst ones to live in by nearly every metric available. Really this is just the southeast. Some of the worst for poverty, health, education, etc... just about everything.

If it's one thing that all of these state "laboratories" have proven it's that right wing politics mixed with supply side Jesus is a great way to make people's lives shittier.

And yet they keep voting republican. I can only imagine it's because they are already conditioned by their brand of religion to blindly follow and not ask tough questions. Having grown up around them, this makes the most sense. It kind of explains why someone like McConnell can keep office.
    I mentioned this previously but, America really is just mostly people who've never left their home state insisting that they live in the greatest country on Earth - many of these people spend their entire lives within driving distance of where they were born and may never interact with minorities in a meaningful fashion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I have no clue how to find this sort of info, but I wonder if and if so how much gerrymandering is going on in KY for McConnell. I just don't understand how he has stayed in office for my entire life when (raised in KY) all I have ever heard from any adult while growing up is how much McConnell sucks and how much they hate him for this or that. And it's not like I didn't grow up in very conservative community bc I very much did (hell it was illegal to sell alcohol in my county), but the hate for McConnell was always something most people agreed on back home.

I know tribalism is much more extreme these days and McConnell is part of team Trump (most my family/friends back home are pro Trump yes), but I just don't get how he stays in office if most of his own state even hates him and always (seemingly) has.
    The way McConnell runs the Senate, I wouldn't be surprised if he just cheats his way to victory each time. I've seen some of the reports on him being entirely unpopular in Kentucky yet still eeks out wins. I'm not sure gerrymandering would affect a state-wide election, but I'm not sure how Kentucky runs their state elections.

Tribalism is probably the reason he continues to win - especially the past two elections (and now apparently this one).