10+ Year Old Account
    Trump swipes at Barr, Pompeo, Wray in return to Russia investigation, Clinton emails

Did Trump have a senior moment? Did he forget who he's running against?

Trump turned his frustration toward Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Attorney General Bill Barr, lamenting that they had not done enough to speed the process of implicating his political opponents.

"To be honest, Bill Barr is going to go down as either the greatest attorney general in the history of the country or he’s going to go down as, you know, a very sad situation," Trump said. "I’ll be honest with you. He’s got all the information he needs. They want to get more, more, more. They keep getting more. I said, 'you don’t need any more.'"

Trump also chastised Pompeo, who has been in the administration since the beginning and is one of the president's most ardent supporters, for not working to find and release Clinton's deleted emails, a subject of fascination for the president and his supporters throughout his first term.

"They’re in the State Department, but Mike Pompeo has been unable to get them out, which is very sad, actually," Trump said. "I’m not happy about him for that reason. He was unable to get them out. I don’t know why. You’re running the State Department, you get them out."
    Trump campaigned on, and brought up to her face, the promise of having Clinton prosecuted.

I will ask, to appoint a special prosecutor. We have to investigate Hillary Clinton, and we have to investigate the investigation
    He got applause for that. But like so many of Trump's promises, he never did anything. Now he's losing the election -- could it be for braeking all those promises gasp I tell you gasp! -- and he thinks the same promiss he's failed on will work this time. Despite, you know, evidence that he didn't do anything.

Where's the Trump health care plan? Two E.O.'s with no legal force behind them doesn't count. That's not a plan, that's an announcement of policy.

How much Wall has been built, where there was no Wall before? He caused a Trump Shitshow, I mean Trump Shutdown, for that one. Is it five miles? I think it's five miles.

Where are the jobs? Where is the balanced budget? Where is the world taking the US seriuosly? Where is the clean, beautiful coal? How's peace in the Middle East going? Remembert hat time Trump promised not to negotiate with terrorists? Oh shit, he didn't promise, most people just assumed that one. Then he did it anyhow.

Where are his taxes?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Multiple places have said Trump is due to appear on FOX News in a TV interview like...now.

So one of two things is about to happen.

1) A FOX News journalist is going to enter the White House and talk to Trump directly, in the same room with him.

2) Trump will talk to someone remotely via camera.

3) Or I guess it could be a phone interview, now that I think about it.

If Trump acts like a piece of #2, then it defeats everything he said about the second debate. If it's #3, we know he looks and feels like shit. If it's #1, well, props to the FOX News host who's willing to do that.

UPDATE: Whoops! Dopey me! The interview already happened and it was over the phone. I got lost in the crossfire of "Trump says he won't debate" and didn't read how we knew that. He said so, in the phone interview.

- - - Updated - - -

Delta drops to Cat 2, in a bit of welcome news.
    Remember how so many people were saying Biden was going to suddenly come down with Covid to get out of the debates?

The irony is not lost on me. We now have Trump running away from debates after getting sick due to his own stupidity, and showing signs of dementia.

I will say, the light hurricane year is a pleasant change of pace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    If he isn't back in shape in a week (which I would guess is unlikely to downright impossible)
    Two weeks of the best treatment on the planet and he should be okay. He certainly thinks he'll look okay. Why else would he demand to be on camera and in person?

@Themius is right, of course. He could feel amazing or he could pray for death, but that doesn't change if he's contagious enough. He might feel like he's not contagious.

Fuck your feelings, Mr. Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Remember how so many people were saying Biden was going to suddenly come down with Covid to get out of the debates?
    No. I don't remember anyone saying that on these forums or anyone who said that being taken seriously to make even FOX News' front page.

Two weeks of the best treatment on the planet and he should be okay. He certainly thinks he'll look okay. Why else would he demand to be on camera and in person?

@Themius is right, of course. He could feel amazing or he could pray for death, but that doesn't change if he's contagious enough. He might feel like he's not contagious.

Fuck your feelings, Mr. Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

No. I don't remember anyone saying that on these forums or anyone who said that being taken seriously to make even FOX News' front page.
    It was more of a Facebook thing, a standard Trumpster talking point. It was supposedly the Democrats strategy to hide Biden's dementia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember when we use to accuse Kim Jong Un of this? I wonder what happened to him.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the ongoing effort to gather sympathy, Trump directly calls Harris a monster.

This monster that was on stage with Mike Pence, who destroyed her last night, by the way. This monster, she says, ‘no no, there won’t be fracking,’ there won’t be this. Everything she said is a lie
    I don't know which debate Trump was watching, but it wasn't the one where Harris said Biden would not ban fracking. Which is, itself, a lie. We've been over this. A lot.

But, yes, monster. So, you know what that means, 24 hour challenge time.

@Orlong @Ghostpanther @Hammerfest @GreenJesus @Thwart @lockedout and any other Trump supporters that we have left:

Is it okay if I call you "monsters" for your political platform? Trump seems to think it's okay to call Harris a monster, but to the best of my knowledge, she's never been convicted of a crime or killed anyone. So it looks like it's a political statement. If that's okay for Trump to do, it must be okay for me to do, to you. So, I need you to answer this one. Is it okay if I call you "monsters" for your political beliefs?

You know what it means if you don't answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the ongoing effort to gather sympathy, Trump directly calls Harris a monster.
    Looks like his meds haven't worn off yet.

I don't know which debate Trump was watching, but it wasn't the one where Harris said Biden would not ban fracking. Which is, itself, a lie. We've been over this. A lot.

But, yes, monster. So, you know what that means, 24 hour challenge time.

@Orlong @Ghostpanther @Hammerfest @GreenJesus @Thwart @lockedout and any other Trump supporters that we have left:

Is it okay if I call you "monsters" for your political platform? Trump seems to think it's okay to call Harris a monster, but to the best of my knowledge, she's never been convicted of a crime or killed anyone. So it looks like it's a political statement. If that's okay for Trump to do, it must be okay for me to do, to you. So, I need you to answer this one. Is it okay if I call you "monsters" for your political beliefs?

You know what it means if you don't answer.
    Just adding the following to the bold above:

...or rape, or sexual assault, or pedophilia, or wanting to fuck her own child, or consorting with hostile foreign powers, or obstructing of justice.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    The latest FOX News poll has, amongst likely voters, Biden winning 53-43 and amongst registered voters 52-43.

I've cited FOX News polls before. They seem to be in the thick of it with everyone else's. There is a difference, after all, between "biased" and "outright liar".

This poll made it to 538 yesterday. Let's see where on foxnews.com this poll appeared...

Yep, here it is.

They also talk about favorable opinion, in which Biden is +16 and Trump is -10.

- - - Updated - - -

This CNN OP ED suggests that Trump is preparing to use "they changed the rules on me" as yet more evidence that everything is rigged against him, and therefore, to claim he won the election when he doesn't.

But he leads with "President Donald Trump's immediate insistence that he will not participate in a virtual second debate in a week's time makes very, very little political sense." Which I agree with.

So...anyone else think he'll about-face and attend after all? I mean, dude could appear in front of the camera at the Oval Office desk. It's hard to claim that's somehow a disadvantage.

The latest FOX News poll has, amongst likely voters, Biden winning 53-43 and amongst registered voters 52-43.

I've cited FOX News polls before. They seem to be in the thick of it with everyone else's. There is a difference, after all, between "biased" and "outright liar".

This poll made it to 538 yesterday. Let's see where on foxnews.com this poll appeared...

Yep, here it is.

They also talk about favorable opinion, in which Biden is +16 and Trump is -10.

- - - Updated - - -

This CNN OP ED suggests that Trump is preparing to use "they changed the rules on me" as yet more evidence that everything is rigged against him, and therefore, to claim he won the election when he doesn't.

But he leads with "President Donald Trump's immediate insistence that he will not participate in a virtual second debate in a week's time makes very, very little political sense." Which I agree with.

So...anyone else think he'll about-face and attend after all? I mean, dude could appear in front of the camera at the Oval Office desk. It's hard to claim that's somehow a disadvantage.
    I think there's no doubt he ends up doing the debate.

He cannot take the hit to his ego, when the mountain of bad press comes out. Even Fox will have a hard time spinning this. He'll demand some minor change, then claim victory and do the debate.

He'll lose that debate, as well.

He cannot take the hit to his ego, when the mountain of bad press comes out. Even Fox will have a hard time spinning this. He'll demand some minor change, then claim victory and do the debate.

I don't think Trump's team believes they are converting any undecideds. I think they believe their only hope of winning is firing up the base so much that they get record levels of knuckle dragging dipshit voters and you do that by rallies and fear campaigns, not debates. Its why in the first debate, their ONLY goal was to try and get Biden flustered to the point he stuttered so they could claim "dementia!!!!!".

All they are trying to do is get the numbers close enough to question the results. They know they aren't winning in an outright vote.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I don't think Trump's team believes they are converting any undecideds. I think they believe their only hope of winning is firing up the base so much that they get record levels of knuckle dragging dipshit voters and you do that by rallies and fear campaigns, not debates. Its why in the first debate, their ONLY goal was to try and get Biden flustered to the point he stuttered so they could claim "dementia!!!!!".

All they are trying to do is get the numbers close enough to question the results. They know they aren't winning in an outright vote.
    I think the only issue is, that Trump tucking tail and running will cause his base to be less energized.

Lie, cheat, and steal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pence going full on prolife, pretty much means the above.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I think the only issue is, that Trump tucking tail and running will cause his base to be less energized.
    Then, WADR, you haven't paying attention to the one and only thing Trump is actually competent at....spinning bullshit his followers eat up.

I don't know if people know this or not, but Trump was basically forged in the fires of multi level marketing. Serving bullshit as a 10 course meal at a fine dining establishment is in the the very fiber of his being.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/PeteButti...12949255319556

Mayor Pete went on Fox News again. It’s a priceless moment of him calling out Trump for being both a coward and someone who doesn’t care about other people.
    Mayor Pete is gonna be lobbying for a cabinet position at this rate. And good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Where is he going with in that second one? Well yeah, of course you can ask voters for four more years. That's how voting works for the president.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Where is he going with in that second one? Well yeah, of course you can ask voters for four more years. That's how voting works for the president.
    He wants 12 total (well, probably more at this point).

10+ Year Old Account

I’m assuming the apprehension is that his doctors don’t know if he will physically be able to carry through a debate while dealing with his symptoms.

Trying to do so would likely make him look even weaker than claiming “RIGGED!” and refusing to attend outright.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I’m assuming the apprehension is that his doctors don’t know if he will physically be able to carry through a debate while dealing with his symptoms.

Trying to do so would likely make him look even weaker than claiming “RIGGED!” and refusing to attend outright.
    This is something Biden should play on, feigning concern for his health, and say, "I understand if you are not feeling well enough to debate. It's wise of you to take your illness seriously."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Mayor Pete is gonna be lobbying for a cabinet position at this rate. And good for him.
    I think that was the Super Tuesday plan all along.