10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    We can't even get the vaccine distributed enough to vaccinate people once.
    Yeah, it sure reads like "doubling the number of needles means we can claim we're working twice as fast".

They're not. It's a scam. Trump is padding his numbers while standing in the fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never put Trump on camera trying to pronounce country names... it never goes well... add America to countries he mispronounced:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1346298561194024961

Remember how Biden caused outrage over calling George Lopez, George? You think we will see any outrage about Trump making Amurka great? He does know what country he is president off? Covid didn’t hurt his thought his much?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Never put Trump on camera trying to pronounce country names... it never goes well... add America to countries he mispronounced:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1346298561194024961

Remember how Biden caused outrage over calling George Lopez, George? You think we will see any outrage about Trump making Amurka great? He does know what country he is president off? Covid didn’t hurt his thought his much?
    Totally not another mini-stroke he didn't have before and wasn't hospitalized for

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Totally not another mini-stroke he didn't have before and wasn't hospitalized for
    Series of mini-strokes*

That nobody ever said he suffered from, but he denied with odd specificity.

I have a Facebook friend that is a bit of a comedian, posted this

I called my bank and told them to find the extra $11,780 in my account. I asked them to use people who wanted to find the money, not people who didn't want to find the money. I also told them there's nothing wrong with them saying they just recalculated.

It was like an hour long phone call, fingers crossed that they do the right thing!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by swiftowner View Post
    I have a Facebook friend that is a bit of a comedian, posted this

I called my bank and told them to find the extra $11,780 in my account. I asked them to use people who wanted to find the money, not people who didn't want to find the money. I also told them there's nothing wrong with them saying they just recalculated.

It was like an hour long phone call, fingers crossed that they do the right thing!
    I've seen this going around Facebook too. Fucking awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump's daily schedule was released to the media, this is for Monday and Tuesday of this week (Jan 4/5):
    “President Trump will work from early in the morning until late in the evening. He will make many calls and have many meetings.”
    Embracing brevity probably isn't the best course of action right now....

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    UPDATE: They won't be done till February.

Since the changes were made by Trump's actions, they can be undone by Biden's.

- - - Updated - - -

TheGuardian reports that a plane used by Trump is due to arrive in Scotland Jan 19th.

Hmm.

EDIT: The article claims that Trump would be the first to end his tenure out of the country.

- - - Updated - - -

The leader of the Proud Boys, Enrique Tarrio, who...that's a strange name to support a white supremacist Hispanic-Walling racist. Hmm. Anyhow, Mr. Tarrio is scheduled to be at the Jan 6th, asking for his followers to turn out in record numbers to...

(checks news)

Enrique Tarrio has been arrested. Oh, and he's being sued for literal terrorism. Hmm.
    The First Minister of Scotland is apparently saying nobody is allowed in without essential purpose, because the country (like the UK) is in a state of lockdown. And considering how much of his administration has been spreading covid, I wouldn't be surprised if they blocked him from even leaving the plane if he just showed up to play golf at his failed resort.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...a90_story.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by For_The_Horde View Post
    The First Minister of Scotland is apparently saying nobody is allowed in without essential purpose, because the country (like the UK) is in a state of lockdown. And considering how much of his administration has been spreading covid, I wouldn't be surprised if they blocked him from even leaving the plane if he just showed up to play golf at his failed resort.

BUT I'M THE PRESIDENT!

Sorry ya wee git. Yesterdae ye was, Biden's prezzy now. Yer jus an entitled orange twat.

EDIT: No Scotsmen were consulted during this parody.
    EDIT 2: Scotch was consulted during this parody.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    BUT I'M THE PRESIDENT!

Sorry ya wee git. Yesterdae ye was, Biden's prezzy now. Yer jus an entitled orange twat.

EDIT: No Scotsmen were consulted during this parody.
    EDIT 2: Scotch was consulted during this parody.
    I was gonna say...that's surprisingly comprehensible for Scottish Twitter : P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by For_The_Horde View Post

Feel like they are using the COVID to be diplomatic, but if it wasn't that they would have found another reason to block him.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

225,558 new cases, which is about 26k more than two weeks ago. I would mitigate it by stating that corrections are likely taking place to inflate the numbers somewhat, but 4 states still haven't reported, so I'll just call it a push for now. It's likely that it'll ultimately be proven to be the result of said corrections, but it pretty clearly demonstrates we're nowhere near out of the woods yet.

Top 10:

California: 36,995 new cases; 433 deaths
    Texas: 31,646 new cases (new record); 277 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    New York: 13,074 new cases; 157 deaths
    Georgia: 10,091 new cases; 101 deaths
    Pennsylvania: 8,979 new cases; 187 deaths
    Ohio: 7,580 new cases; 104 deaths
    Illinois: 6,839 new cases; 150 deaths
    Arizona: 5,932 new cases; 253 deaths (new record)
    New Jersey: 5,621 new cases; 120 deaths

Alabama, Mississippi and West Virginia all had new records, but I'm still taking them with a grain of salt for now.

We're probably starting to see the beginning of the holiday bump with some of these numbers. That Texas spike in new cases is undoubtedly partially due to a correction, but they weren't faring well before the holidays and I wouldn't assume they're doing better after. Arizona's death total is also partially due to a correction but their daily totals have been steadily rising the past few weeks. Remember that the new case totals they're seeing now are higher than their highest ever record during the Summer--and that's when they had to start convening death panels.

Florida had a spike a few days ago over 21k. That they're admitting. Fuck Florida.

3,499 deaths is over 100 more than two weeks ago and brings the total to 365,620. I'm fairly sure we'll be well over 3k for the rest of the week until Saturday. Any 7-day averages will be mostly meaningless at this stage but we were hitting 2.7k before the holidays and there's no reason to believe the deaths took a break the past two weeks. Given that new cases haven't subsided and hospitals remain full to bursting nationwide, it's a pretty safe bet we'll be seeing 3k+ for weeks to come yet.

Related news:

UC San Diego introduces vending machines for COVID-19 tests--If only the national response had been anywhere near as effective as this one University. The tests are free, by the way.

Los Angeles County ambulance crews are told not to transport Covid-19 patients with little chance of survival--California has been absolutely hammered for over a month now so they, too, are having to make the worst decisions anyone ever has to make. I'm sure there are more states quietly having to do the same.

COVID-19 vaccine doses have been delivered but are sitting on pharmacy shelves. Longer delays could prolong the pandemic--The Trump administration has fucked this up every step of the way, and distribution and organization are no exception.

Stay safe, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Hmm....Just asking for a friend here: is there any non extradition countries embassies near the airport he's destined to be landing at?
    All embassies are in London, none are in Scotland as it would be like having an embassy in Texas and not DC in USA. (There are obviously consulates in Scotland for many nations though)

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    All embassies are in London, none are in Scotland as it would be like having an embassy in Texas and not DC in USA. (There are obviously consulates in Scotland for many nations though)
    The next question, how close could Trump get to Russia the day before his immunity runs out without drawing too much attention?
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    3,499 deaths
    Oh "good" we're doing this again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    The next question, how close could Trump get to Russia the day before his immunity runs out without drawing too much attention?
    Close enough that Palin can see it from her window...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Oh "good" we're doing this again.
    Might want to put me on ignore for...well...months.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

On topic: someone called Perseus, because the City of Detroit has asked a federal judge to disbar the Kraken.

On topic: Mitchell "resigns" from law firm.

On topic: @cubby now officially more respected than Trump's entire legal team.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Funny story about that....

Trump plane flying to Scotland day before Biden inauguration. So maybe not Russia per se, but someplace close[r] where he can make a cleaner break.

Except...

Scotland says Trump not welcome to visit, barred from traveling to his resort there.

You CANNOT make this shit up if you tried. I understand the Onion is now just posting daily headlines of Trump actions, with no changes. Circulation is up apparently....

10+ Year Old Account
    No surprise to anyone: National Security Council names Russia as "likely" origin of U.S. agency breach

So, depsite Trump yelling "Jyna!" it's Russia, like it was before, and he's protecting them, like he did before.

Compromat.

I'd love to! ....if it ment that the numbers weren't happening. By Trumps logic that would be so, right? No numbers seen; no people dying. Much like no testing; no covid!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.