10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    That seems like an obvious answer...
    It's cute that you think capitalism and liberty are the same thing.

It's even cuter that you think because a whole lot of Americans buy into propaganda they were fed from birth that it's somehow true.

Sksksksks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    It's cute that you think capitalism and liberty are the same thing.
    Well, since you failed to provide the evidence for your claim against me, I will take this as a full retraction.

It's great that liberty and capitalism won out, and there was no $15 minimum wage increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Actually, the vast majority of consumers and workers agree that minimum wage needs to go up and the existence of a minimum wage is needed.

The problem is the system that exists that they are forced into a system that exploits them and the only way to address it is.......

GOVERNMENT!

And you haven’t given a single alternative that is workable outside of unions which will take decades to build up before it can be workable in the US and even then will require GOVERNMENT regulation to protect it and give it any power.
    Like I said, he claims to support government, but he doesn't support any of those things that make governments governments.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, since you failed to provide the evidence for your claim against me
    We did, you just keep ignoring it and saying that the quote you decontextualize somehow refutes the entire argument.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I'm supporting liberty and capitalism, that's my default.

In this case, since it looks like the $15 minimum wage isn't going to happen, then liberty wins.
    Just like all those plantation owners did after slavery was banned only to have the slaves return to the plantation because they didn’t have much other option, except we have just expanded the plantation...
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Like I said, he claims to support government, but he doesn't support any of those things that make governments governments.
    Once again, this is a fucking lie.

I support government restricting actions that cause harm, and having the power to stop those actions, and punish entities for committing those actions.

Feel free to stop lying about me any day now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I support government restricting actions that cause harm
    Underpaying workers doesn't cause harm, apparently. /s

The only lie is that you support liberty. Self-interest isn't liberty, hun.

You said my stances are "all over the place."

Supporting liberty and supporting exploitation simultaneously sort of explains why your political positions are all over the place, tbh.
    Evidence, please.

- - - Updated - - -

Underpaying workers doesn't cause harm, apparently. /s
    They are not underpaid... they agreed to work for that price, and consumers also agree they deserve that wage, because they shop there.

- - - Updated - - -

Just like all those plantation owners did after slavery was banned only to have the slaves return to the plantation because they didn’t have much other option, except we have just expanded the plantation...
    So, use your power as a consumer, and stand up... and refuse to shop at all those places.

Someone @ me when there's some actual Biden/Harris news being discussed here instead of the same circular arguments surrounding a guy whose argument has been thoroughly debunked for 10 pages. Pleasethx.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are not underpaid... they agreed to work for that price, and consumers also agree they deserve that wage, because they shop there.
    You do understand how this is a defense of things like slavery and human trafficking, yes?

You do understand how this is a defense of things like slavery and human trafficking, yes?
    Nope, try again.

Supporting liberty and supporting exploitation simultaneously sort of explains why your political positions are all over the place, tbh.
    Where is your evidence?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Someone @ me when there's some actual news being discussed here instead of the same circular arguments surrounding a guy whose argument has been thoroughly debunked for 10 pages. Pleasethx.
    Man if only we had people on the forum whose job it was to clean up bad faith posters that keep spamming the same "no u" posts in every thread. /s

10+ Year Old Account
    The CDC says 1 in 6 American adults has been vaccinated.

Based on a tiered rollout and of course anti-maskers, I'm going to hypothesize 1 in 5 Democrats and 1 in 8 Republicans.

And yet, they don't seem to mind shopping at places that pay their employees less than $15 an hour.

That's rather.
    Alright there Orlong, if you could get stuff any more wrong it would be award worthy.

You pretend like that’s an option. For many that isn’t.

Let’s see here, Walmart? Nope
    Food Lion? Nope
    IGA? Nope
    Roses? Nope
    Target? Nope

They all base their prices on Walmart’s and there is nothing the workers or the customers can do about it without government regulations....
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, try again.
    Okay, so... you don't get it? No point in wasting my time if you think human trafficking is acceptable because people might enter into it voluntarily and there's a demand for it.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, no need... I simply looked up their locations, then cross referenced with the locations of other shopping.

Awkward for you.

Oh, and I'm not going to simply take you at your word.

Why are you lying? 6 of 10 are in 1 city. The other 4 that are listed are 120+ miles away.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

Based on a tiered rollout and of course anti-maskers, I'm going to hypothesize 1 in 5 Democrats and 1 in 8 Republicans.
    If Republicans are the thing that prevents the US from achieving herd immunity I will not be surprised in the slightest, lol.

Alright there Orlong, if you could get stuff any more wrong it would be award worthy.

You pretend like that’s an option. For many that isn’t.

Let’s see here, Walmart? Nope
    Food Lion? Nope
    IGA? Nope
    Roses? Nope
    Target? Nope

They all base their prices on Walmart’s and there is nothing the workers or the customers can do about it without government regulations....
    You can shop online, start your own store, or take your business elsewhere. Shit, protest outside their stores...

So, use your power as a consumer, and stand up... and refuse to shop at all those places.
    So I am supposed to drive almost 2 hours away to the nearest CostCo every time I need grocerys?

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post

Why are you lying? 6 of 10 are in 1 city. The other 4 that are listed are 120+ miles away.
    Now, click to the next pages...

There's more than 10 locations, that's just the first set.

- - - Updated - - -

So I am supposed to drive almost 2 hours away to the nearest CostCo every time I need grocerys?
    If that's what you choose to do, sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

This is good news, and I hope the trend continues.