Never said we should get rid of factions.

Merely that the limitations of the system provide no mechanical advantage and hamstrings storytelling.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    It’s been “viable” since the ending of WCIII.
    From a game and narrative point of view, yes.
    Certainly not to Blizzard themselves.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    From a game and narrative point of view, yes.
    Certainly not to Blizzard themselves.
    Because, originally, they intended to have a DAoC-inspired PvP system to compliment their EQ-inspired PvE. Original AV was their only real step toward realizing that vision, but the engine collapsed under its own weight and AV was made instanced.

That should have been the point that cross-faction grouping was enabled - upon the realization that WoW couldn’t be a DAoC-style game. Instead, we’re left with a system that is nothing but negative for everyone but the PR team.

Seeing all the ToS mythic recolors made me realize how much I have missed class sets. The data mining is so much more exciting when you have 12 high quality sets to potentially get excited gathering on alts instead of 4.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Seeing all the ToS mythic recolors made me realize how much I have missed class sets. The data mining is so much more exciting when you have 12 high quality sets to potentially get excited gathering on alts instead of 4.
    Amen... although I wish the themes were not necessarily linked to the raid, like they were doing in the late editions.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Amen... although I wish the themes were not necessarily linked to the raid, like they were doing in the late editions.
    Thinking about it I wonder whether the ideal solution might be a compromise where Blizzard makes one expansion themed set (not raid themed) for each class, one "generic" or anything goes class set, and 4 raid themed sets for each armor type per raid. Spread that out over the entire expansion and I think you would have a nice compromise solution that might make it easier on the artists, bit in work required as well as creative blocks, and still gives class sets.

Might be a hard sell but still.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Hey you could have been a hunter where it's "which boss' skull will I be wearing this season"....

Since 2004.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Hey you could have been a hunter where it's "which boss' skull will I be wearing this season"....

Since 2004.
    I will never forgive Blizzard for making the Antorus hunter set Naga themed instead of the absolutely stunning huntsman concept art they had in the art book.

Daggers, ammo punches and bandoliers aplenty. And instead we got some dead Naga strapped to your head.

I remember like year or two ago, there was a heated discussion about third faction, now you are talking uniting? Damn, those things change quickly

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    I remember like year or two ago, there was a heated discussion about third faction, now you are talking uniting? Damn, those things change quickly
    What heated discussion?
    I remember a handful of dumbfucks making dumbfuck suggestions and everyone else with half a brain telling them how dumbfuck their suggestions were.

More factions was never an option.

Formerly known as Arafal

Absolutely. The idea of 1 or more additional factions never had any merrit.

On the contrary, people have been discussing for years how pointless the faction divide is, since the only place where it would matter gameplay wise has been fighting alongside one another for years as well and for the story relevant parts we end up teaming up constantly and help one another.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Heated my ass. Any suggestion for a 3rd faction with current faction restrictions is dead on arrival.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-09-12 at 03:25 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

The 3rd faction discussion seemed to spawn from the fact that some people want Sylvanas to stay their waifu it seemed. That and it could give them dark rangers.

Essentially what they want is a 3rd faction so they cna have all the edgy characters they want without the nuance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey I'm back !

If the Jailer wins, we SHOULD be united imo.

I honestly hard disagree with any faction unification. Grouping/pvp/whatever cross-faction is fine, or even cross-faction guilds, but man do I not want to ever see orcs, trolls, goblins, etc. standing around Stormwind, or a hypothetical new Night Elf city, or rebuilt Gilneas.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I honestly hard disagree with any faction unification. Grouping/pvp/whatever cross-faction is fine, or even cross-faction guilds, but man do I not want to ever see orcs, trolls, goblins, etc. standing around Stormwind, or a hypothetical new Night Elf city, or rebuilt Gilneas.
    I agree with this. Cross Faction grouping should be everywhere outside of faction cities and warmode.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Amen.

I can see game mechanic-wise, there being some cross factional stuff but overall I don't want the factions united.

Also I always laugh at anyone that proposes a third faction. That'd require way too much of a change to everything to work it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Hey I'm back !

If the Jailer wins, we SHOULD be united imo.
    Until we're facing a faction war again in mhm, 11.x? We had the historic opportunity for cross-faction stuff in Legion, which made a lot of sense by the end - they blew this chance and even gave us BfA afterwards.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Thinking about it I wonder whether the ideal solution might be a compromise where Blizzard makes one expansion themed set (not raid themed) for each class, one "generic" or anything goes class set, and 4 raid themed sets for each armor type per raid. Spread that out over the entire expansion and I think you would have a nice compromise solution that might make it easier on the artists, bit in work required as well as creative blocks, and still gives class sets.

Might be a hard sell but still.
    Then add a currency(like valor) were you can do mythic dungeons(& maybe current raid?) to obtain currency. With that currency you can collect the "old" sets within each xpac. If you join SL in 9.2, you can farm out the raid sets from 9.0 & 9.1. These sets can be boosted in ilevel to be around entry mythic dungeon level(about LFR/Normal versions of whatever current raid is), making it somewhat worth having a few pieces. Atleast a nice way to collect a set without being forced to pray to the RNG gods in next xpac, when you can return to SL and farm the sets.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Then add a currency(like valor) were you can do mythic dungeons(& maybe current raid?) to obtain currency. With that currency you can collect the "old" sets within each xpac. If you join SL in 9.2, you can farm out the raid sets from 9.0 & 9.1. These sets can be boosted in ilevel to be around entry mythic dungeon level(about LFR/Normal versions of whatever current raid is), making it somewhat worth having a few pieces. Atleast a nice way to collect a set without being forced to pray to the RNG gods in next xpac, when you can return to SL and farm the sets.
    Or just play the expansion from the start and get your transmog that way? It's not hard to get the full set if you clear the raid each week, atleast for normal/heroic.

#TEAMGIRAFFE